PDA

View Full Version : What's new?

Vapros
11-23-2009, 10:11 PM
I have not posted here in several months, but I do look in once in a while to see what's going on. Here is what I see.

The same two groups, diametrically opposite in politics, social and economic outlooks, are still here and on high alert. They still hate the same people and the same things. They continue to berate, insult, denigrate and ridicule each other, and still lie about ignoring each other. Both sides are more than capable of doing a fortnight on the square root of two, without reaching an agreement on what it is.

After all these years, nothing has been accomplished and nothing has been settled. No one has been converted and no votes have been swayed, so far as I can see. No great support has been voiced for President Obama, although bitter and vocal opposition is expressed daily. The same was true for President Bush.

No doubt there is some valid reason why it all continues, but I can't figure out what it is. I am retired and live far from town with a dog and a cat, and I have a lot of free time. But I don't have time for this.

Maybe I will look in on this site again in a few more months. Or not. Either way, I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving and great prosperity in the new U.S. There are good people here.

Be well.

cushioncrawler
11-24-2009, 02:30 AM
We hav 2 dogs and 2 horses.
For sure the main players here are nonlikely to change horses.
Me, myself, i find that it all givz me something new to google each week.
And the news in Ozz rarely touches on usofa stuff that iz being argued here.
And i like to hear what the idiots of usofa are thinking and saying.
There sure are lots of good people in usofa.
madMac.

Qtec
11-24-2009, 06:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No doubt there is some valid reason why it all continues, but I can't figure out what it is. </div></div>

Good luck to you Vapros. I wish you all the best and I envy your quiet life with the cat and the dog. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Sounds good to me.
The problem is , there are many people in America and on this side of the water who are hurting. They are hurting because they are victims of the Wall St fraud that has affected the entire world.
The same people who perpetrated that fraud are still in power.
Americans are subjected daily to lies and misinformation designed to appeal to the radicals. Hence the Tea Party mob who know absolutely nothing about what they are protesting about.

If the average common sense guy who is interested in the truth keeps silent, the nut jobs take over.

When a political party has people like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Anne Coulter etc etc dictating their policy, its time to say, "wait a minute........ back the truck up".

Silence is compliance.

Q

Vapros
11-25-2009, 03:26 PM
I rest my case, Q. Another post calculated not to educate or elucidate, but rather to irritate and conflagrate. That does not seem a very lofty aim, but apparently good enough to justify your time and effort.

See you folks later.

wolfdancer
11-25-2009, 07:09 PM
can't say as I blame anybody for opting out of the grade school political harangues here. Nothing is ever accomplished, and the ones that post insinuating that THEY have insider's knowledge and are educating others here, come off looking dumber then their "students"

pooltchr
11-25-2009, 08:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can't say as I blame anybody for opting out of the grade school political harangues here. Nothing is ever accomplished, and the ones that post insinuating that THEY have insider's knowledge and are educating others here, come off looking dumber then their "students"
</div></div>

Are you saying that you are somehow "smarter" than others on this forum??????

Isn't that exactly what you accuse others here of doing????

Hypocrite!!

Steve

wolfdancer
11-25-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm not the one in the "educating others" here, business, and never have written that I am smarter then anyone else here. By inference though, with your claim that Gayle, myself and anyone else that doesn't agree with you is dumb...you are implying that you are the intellectual one here.
Personally I don't give a rat's *** how smart you are by comparison to myself or Gayle....it means crap....Since the next guy that walks through the door may have a pHd.....so however smart you think you iz...neither one of us is going to ring the bell on the IQ scale...although you might do well on the "Whack a mole" game
Maybe you should look up the word hypocrite...you might see your own name used as an example.
I don't read your posts to learn anything ...there ain't nuthin thar, thar ...IMO....so give up on your Sisyphean task of trying to indoctrinate me to your idiotology, er, ideology ....whatever the **** that is. Maybe you think GW was the second coming, and President Obama is the Devil. We fill sanitariums in this country with people that could spot you, and myself, the orange crush on IQ tests. See if you can impress llotter with your genius....begrudgingly, I have to admit that he is very smart,which means nuthin, to validate his vision of Amerika for "Amerikans" only
You could show me your pHd in political science and economics from the University of Phoenix, online, and about the only use I'd have for it would be to wipe my a** with it.
Just **** off, I don't need the f**king irritation of some nut case stalker, trying to impress me about how smart he is.

pooltchr
11-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Why would I be trying to impress you, when I don't even care what you think about me&gt;?

Steve

wolfdancer
11-26-2009, 01:38 PM
That's is really good news...does this mean you will take the *** hint, and move on with your internet life?
No matter how dumb, or how bad you make myself, Gayle, or Dick Leonard appear to be...you've still got to look in the mirror to shave,and the the guy looking back at you won't be any smarter, for your efforts. You may believe that you are gaining in stature with your endless stream of pointless posts, but about the best thing that will happen is you'll get on llotter's and lww's Xmas card list.
Have a nice Thanksgiving!!!
My heroic cousin, who was more like a brother to me, growing up, was rushed to the hospital last nite, but is stabilized right now, and should pull through. It made me realize that life is too precious to waste arguing with people like you, that believe
you have all the answers, and hate others that believe differently.
I notice that your other targets are not responding to your schoolboy taunts....hope I can now follow their lead.
sayonara zetsubou sensei

pooltchr
11-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Sorry Wolfie, but I'm not going anywhere. Deal with it, or bail, I really don't care.

I'm not out to impress you or anyone elsee on this board. I'm not into gaining "stature" as you put it. I also don't hate anyone. I do pity people who are so closed minded and blind to what is going on around them.

I'm sorry about your cousin, and hope all works out well for him. And I still don't care what you think.

Steve

sack316
11-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Wait... I thought everyone here was around to try to impress and/or entertain me? Isn't that the purpose of this place? (and by place, I don't mean just this board... I mean EVERYTHING)

Sack

wolfdancer
11-26-2009, 10:21 PM
This site is kindly provided by BD, as a place where the "crazies" can vent...lest there be "panic in the streets"
If you want to be entertained, go to YouTube:
entertain me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSJfkLXaayg)

Qtec
11-27-2009, 09:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vapros</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I rest my case, Q. Another post calculated not to educate or elucidate, </div></div>

Really?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Good luck to you Vapros. I wish you all the best and I envy your quiet life with the cat and the dog. \:\) Sounds good to me.<span style="color: #990000">Obviously inflamitory!~?</span>

The problem is , there are many people in America and on this side of the water who are hurting. <span style="color: #CC0000"> FACT</span>They are hurting because they are victims of the Wall St fraud that has affected the entire world.<span style="color: #CC0000"> FACT</span>
The same people who perpetrated that fraud are still in power.<span style="color: #CC0000">FACT</span>
Americans are subjected daily to lies and misinformation designed to appeal to the radicals. Hence the Tea Party mob who know absolutely nothing about what they are protesting about.<span style="color: #CC0000">FACT</span>

If the average common sense guy who is interested in the truth keeps silent, the nut jobs take over.<span style="color: #990000">FACT</span>

When a political party has people like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Anne Coulter etc etc dictating their policy, its time to say, "wait a minute........ back the truck up".

Silence is compliance.

Q</div></div> ............FACT

Qtec
11-27-2009, 09:13 AM
I hope you don't get sick and your insurance company drops you like a hot potato and you have to give up your house to the bank because you can't pay your bills and end up living in tent city.

This happens every day to your fellow Americans. You might be sitting pretty and don't give a s#1t , that's your choice.
You don't care that every American and their kids just got taken to the cleaners by Wall St, Fine. Its not your problem.
You don't care that 1,000s of Americans have died needlessly in Iraq to fill the coffers of the elite. That's cool.

You NEVER learn anything on this forum because your mind is already made up!

The patients have taken over the asylum. Love this. Dan Quale almost was POYUS......Obama doesn't look so bad now......? letterman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQnXe23izf8&feature=player_embedded#)

Q

wolfdancer
11-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Kudos !!!