PDA

View Full Version : The Tell

Qtec
11-24-2009, 06:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Just sit right back and youíll hear a tale . . . from the RNCís very own word saladsmith, Michael Steele. Itís been a while since Iíve actually listened to the Mayor of Simpleton, and Iíd forgotten how bad he is at actually trying to spin the partyís message. I mean, embarrassingly bad. High school-padding-your-essay-with-extra-verbiage-to-make-it-to-1000-words bad. Dana Milbank-forced-to-write-a-750-word-column bad. Awful, really.

This morning on CNN, the RNCís head liebaby tried to explain, inter alia, how the whole RNC/Cigna/elective abortion coverage fiasco NEVER REALLY HAPPENED.

Thatís right. According to Michael Steele, the country had a collective brain fart and totally misinterpreted the RNCís hypocritical position on insurance coverage for abortions. In fact, the RNCís position is not even hypocritical, itís ďcompletely consistent.Ē (With what, Iím not entirely sure, but thatís not important right now.) And another thing Ė even if the RNCís insurance plan had covered abortions, WHICH IT DIDNíT . . . um . . . quick, look over there! Itís Sarah Palinís tour bus!

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>If you want to see how much Steele really dislikes discussing this little Republican bugbear, note the Rodney Dangerfield-esque finger in the collar when the CNN anchorperson first poses the question. Donít ever play poker for money, Mr. Steele. Youíll get taken every single time.</span>

This is really the modus operandi of the Republican party (and more than a few Democrats) when it comes to the health care debate: All the things that I argue against in public for me in private until the opposition notices, but never for thee.</div></div>

dork (http://firedoglake.com/2009/11/23/late-night-hes-got-a-mind-like-a-steele-claptrap/)

Q