PDA

View Full Version : The Moron and his pro-islamist DOJ

llotter
11-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Yes, yet again, The Moron undermines Americans in favor of the Islamic Republic of Iran. The DOJ is going to court to block $2.65 billion in damages from Iran to the families of the 241 marines killed in the 1983 attack in Bierut. It seems that The Moron favors the mullahs over our citizens in another long list of blame-America moves by this hero of the Left.

I ask the lefties if there is no level below which you will not stoop in support of your Messiah?

Chilled
11-24-2009, 08:50 AM
First of all let me make it clear that I am neither a leftie nor a fan of Obama the man.

This award was made 2 years ago. The seizing of US held Iranian assets in order to pay various compensation claims related to a foreign country's sposorship of terrorism taking place in another third part country, including this particular claim, was strongly opposed by the previous Bush administration.

There is absolutely no reason to think that what is happening now is not an exact continuation of the policy of the previous administration and not exactly what they would have done had they been in power today.

The reasons why seizing is being opposed at this time by the current DOJ need to be examined.

Three of the reasons the previous administration opposed attempts to fund compensation claims from Iranian assets in USA was that they could not identify that there were adequate identifiable assets nor identify which of those assets were legally seizable and a fear that any unjustifiable seizing and distribution of assets could result in the corresponding overseas assets of American Govt/Corporations/Individuals being unjustifiably seized by others.

If the current administration is now adding to the above a potentially serious conflict of interest with ongoing negotiations or diplomacy (it yet needs to be confirmed that they are actually contending that) it makes quite a total package of reasons to oppose this measure.

In that light the assumption the DOJ is opposing because it is itself a pro-isleamic organisation is about as simplistic and ignorant a conspiracy theory as that Americans planned and executed 9/11.

Allegations framed in this way make sensible level headed opponents of Obama cringe and will make it harder for them to believably pin blame or criticism on him when blame or criticism really is due. It also makes it too easy for the lefties you so detest to make the right look foolish.

When are the bigots ever going to realise that they don't get the average Joes onside with this intelligence insulting crap?

Qtec
11-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Its a waste of time trying to talk sense to these 'believers'.
No facts can dissuade them.
When you can argue a point and they realise they are wrong , their brain goes into STALL. When they awake, they ignore the facts and scream "Clinton".

That's the Right for you.

Q

LWW
11-24-2009, 09:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First of all let me make it clear that I am neither a leftie nor a fan of Obama the man.

This award was made 2 years ago. The seizing of US held Iranian assets in order to pay various compensation claims related to a foreign country's sposorship of terrorism taking place in another third part country, including this particular claim, was strongly opposed by the previous Bush administration.

There is absolutely no reason to think that what is happening now is not an exact continuation of the policy of the previous administration and not exactly what they would have done had they been in power today.

The reasons why seizing is being opposed at this time by the current DOJ need to be examined.

Three of the reasons the previous administration opposed attempts to fund compensation claims from Iranian assets in USA was that they could not identify that there were adequate identifiable assets nor identify which of those assets were legally seizable and a fear that any unjustifiable seizing and distribution of assets could result in the corresponding overseas assets of American Govt/Corporations/Individuals being unjustifiably seized by others.

If the current administration is now adding to the above a potentially serious conflict of interest with ongoing negotiations or diplomacy (it yet needs to be confirmed that they are actually contending that) it makes quite a total package of reasons to oppose this measure.

In that light the assumption the DOJ is opposing because it is itself a pro-isleamic organisation is about as simplistic and ignorant a conspiracy theory as that Americans planned and executed 9/11.

Allegations framed in this way make sensible level headed opponents of Obama cringe and will make it harder for them to believably pin blame or criticism on him when blame or criticism really is due. It also makes it too easy for the lefties you so detest to make the right look foolish.

When are the bigots ever going to realise that they don't get the average Joes onside with this intelligence insulting crap? </div></div>

THAT WAS JUST PRECIOUS.

You have brought a tear to the eye of dearest leader.

LWW

Chilled
11-24-2009, 09:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

THAT WAS JUST PRECIOUS.
</div></div>

....whereas that was just moronic.

llotter
11-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Well, there were legal reasons why the award wasn't yet distributed as your rightly point out but one of those was not that it would upset delicate negotiations currently underway with Iran. No doubt The Moron will be as successful as Clinton's was with N. Korea or as Carter's was with Iran. The 'pro-islamic' label was taken from the news source.

I think I would enjoy a debate on a higher level but insults are the M.O. here but I like to think that my posts are at least reasonable it not at the level of a term paper. I hope you succeed in raising the level but I am not confident that it's possible.

LWW
11-24-2009, 10:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

THAT WAS JUST PRECIOUS.
</div></div>

....whereas that was just moronic. </div></div>

Sorry Mikey ... nobody is fooled.

LWW

Chilled
11-24-2009, 11:57 AM
What?