PDA

View Full Version : How good is Hannity?

Qtec
11-25-2009, 10:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Dana Perino, recently nominated by President Obama to the Broadcasting Board of Governors, <span style="color: #660000">WTF! Has Obama lost his mind?</span>made an odd claim Tuesday night.

On Fox News, the former press secretary suggested President Obama was playing politics by refusing to describe the massacre at Fort Hood as a terrorist attack. "We should call it what it is," she said.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>"We did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush's term,"</span> she told Sean Hannity. "I hope they're not looking at this politically. I do think that we owe it to the American people to call it what it is."</div></div>

Does H jump in to correct this blatant lie?.......eh........NO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those with memories as spotty as Perino's, President Bush took office on January 20, 2001. On September 11, 2001, nearly 3,000 people were killed in the U.S. in terrorist attacks coordinated by al-Qaeda. Five people were killed later that year in the anthrax attacks. </div></div>

Minor details I guess.

Q.......... watch (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/25/perino-no-terrorist-attac_n_370393.html)

eg8r
11-25-2009, 11:09 AM
You are calling the Anthrax deaths a terrorist act yet you don't think the Fort Hood massacre was an act of terrorism?

Also as Gayle would say, you are being nitpicky instead of addressing the real issue which is Obama not correctly addressing the issue as a terrorist attack.

eg8r

Deeman3
11-25-2009, 11:20 AM
You have to have a Republican in office for it to be considered a terrorist act, you silly person. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
11-25-2009, 03:38 PM
I think it to be demeaning to the servicemen that were killed and wounded at Ft. Hood, to be trying to make a comparison between that and 9/11 for the purpose of ameliorating Bush's indifference to the prior warnings of an attack. Most.. terrorists groups would immediately take full credit for something like that.
Didn't the right claim that Tim McVeigh was just a political protester,as were Lee Harvey, Sirhan, and James Earl...protesting against the movement towards socialized medicine, and free abortions for pre-teens?

wolfdancer
11-25-2009, 06:41 PM
are you now claiming that a Republican in the top office, is in itself,considered to be a terrorist act? (youth wants to know)

Gayle in MD
11-30-2009, 09:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have to have a Republican in office for it to be considered a terrorist act, you silly person. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

The right shows their overall denial and desperation by trying to twist the facts, of two completely different tragic events, 9/11 and Ft. Hood, in yet another effort to dilute George Bush's astounding incompetence, while trying to attack President Obama.

George Bush, had unprecedented warnings for months before 9/11.
President Obama, knew nothing of Hasan, nor of his danger signals, because the FBI, and Hasan's peers and superiors, dropped the ball, and failed to remove him from his position.

Two entirely different events. Ft. Hood was not an organized terrorist attack. There are a number of markers used by our security agencies, to identify an organized terrorist attack. The Ft. Hood tragedy, does not include them.

G.

pooltchr
11-30-2009, 10:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[George Bush, had <span style='font-size: 17pt'>unprecedented </span>warnings
G. </div></div>

Did Obama give you permission to use his word?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

Gayle in MD
11-30-2009, 12:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Dana Perino, recently nominated by President Obama to the Broadcasting Board of Governors, <span style="color: #660000">WTF! Has Obama lost his mind?</span>made an odd claim Tuesday night.

On Fox News, the former press secretary suggested President Obama was playing politics by refusing to describe the massacre at Fort Hood as a terrorist attack. "We should call it what it is," she said.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>"We did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush's term,"</span> she told Sean Hannity. "I hope they're not looking at this politically. I do think that we owe it to the American people to call it what it is."</div></div>

Does H jump in to correct this blatant lie?.......eh........NO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those with memories as spotty as Perino's, President Bush took office on January 20, 2001. On September 11, 2001, nearly 3,000 people were killed in the U.S. in terrorist attacks coordinated by al-Qaeda. Five people were killed later that year in the anthrax attacks. </div></div>

Minor details I guess.

Q.......... watch (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/25/perino-no-terrorist-attac_n_370393.html) </div></div>

Fox is known as a propaganda channel. That's what it is. Hannity, and all of the others on Fox, are busted regularly for lying. It amazes me that people still tune in, knowing that they are getting manufactured news, full of misstatements.

Same thing with Limpballs, Coulter, Beck, Palin, Kristol, all known for twisting the truth, and outright lies.

IMO, the only RW journalists with any credibility at all, although I may not agree with many of their views, at least they are not usually out right lying.... George Will, and David Brookes.

G.
G.

DickLeonard
11-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Gayle Fox News is a cable network not a News Channel. According to my interpretation.####

wolfdancer
11-30-2009, 05:31 PM
I think fox is a paid political propaganda media outlet, not unlike what the Germans were subjected to in the 30's, nor the fictional "Big Brother" broadcasts in "1984"
The central theme behind all three is similar.....
target a group to blame all woes on....then keep repeating and expanding on those lies.
I still think with modern technology....there are subliminal messages being broadcast on Fox. Have you ever seen a more moronic looking/sounding "news" caster then Glenn Beck? Only thing he is missing is a clown suit. I think he is actually parodying himself, about half the time. Why doesn't the station just adopt the Swastika as their logo, and be done with it....and shouldn't Bill be forbidden to write children's books????

Gayle in MD
12-02-2009, 02:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Gayle Fox News is a cable network not a News Channel. According to my interpretation.####

They're a cable network Republican/Communist propaganda association, backed by a slimey bunch of thieves.

G.

</div></div>

jayalley
12-02-2009, 02:33 PM
WOW, she is really losing it today.

The mental imbalance is showing

wolfdancer
12-02-2009, 02:52 PM
That will be viewed here as heresy. I think Fox "news" is just a little right of Attila, the Hun.
A simple Google search of "Fascism in America, today" pulls up several sites.
A random sampling of their message:
"Fascism in America won�t come with jackboots, book burnings, mass rallies, and fevered harangues, nor will it come with black helicopters or tanks on the street. It won�t come like a storm�but as a break in the weather, that sudden change of season you might feel when the wind shifts on an October evening: Everything is the same, but everything has changed. Something has gone, departed from the world, and a new reality will have taken its place. All the old forms will still be there: legislatures, elections, campaigns�plenty of bread and circuses. But �consent of the governed� will no longer apply; actual control of the state will have passed to a small and privileged group who rule for the benefit of their wealthy peers and corporate patrons.

To be sure, there will be factional conflicts among the elite, and a degree of debate will be permitted; but no one outside the privileged circle will be allowed to influence state policy. Dissidents will be marginalized�usually by �the people� themselves. Deprived of historical knowledge by a thoroughly impoverished educational system designed to produce complacent consumers, left ignorant of current events by a corporate media devoted solely to profit, many will internalize the force-fed values of the ruling elite, and act accordingly. There will be little need for overt methods of control."
??? (http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0412-32.htm)
A random reading here of a hundred posts by a neutral group, who would then be asked....select the posts here, that read in line with that political goal.....I think I can safely predict a 90%
score for ......

Deeman3
12-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Jack,

I would never argue that Fox does not lean right, much further than some. However, you gotta admit the big three are almost falling over to the left.

I mean, why did all three networks give weekly body counts during Bush's Iraq war but none are now doing so for Obama's Afghanistan War? What do you honestly think they would be doing if Bush was still in charge? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
12-02-2009, 04:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayalley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW, she is really losing it today.

The mental imbalance is showing </div></div>

Must be off the meds again!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve