PDA

View Full Version : Private message spam

Wally_in_Cincy
08-15-2002, 09:58 AM
Did anyone else get this?
-----------------------------------------------------------

SYSTEM USED BY THE VERY TOP PLAYERS. NO CHARGE. I GIVE IT FREELY TO RECREATIONAL PLAYERS.

CALL ME AT 510 581 3010. BE AT A TABLE, WITH A PHONE HANDY, AND WE WILL RUN THROUGH THE SYSTEM ON THE TABLE.
----------------------------------------------------------
Gee I wonder who that could be /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

First the phone solicitors, then email spam, now this. Oy vey

Doctor_D
08-15-2002, 10:00 AM
Good afternoon:

Yes, I received this message as well. Deleted it just as fast as I opened it !!!

I have even received this same message via direct E-Mail.

Dr. D.

PQQLK9
08-15-2002, 10:08 AM
I didn't get it....

"I just don't get no respect"

Rodney /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

heater451
08-15-2002, 12:07 PM
I did not receive the message, but the area code (510) is for parts of San Francisco.

It sounds like it might Hal's handiwork---was there no name for the sender?

bluewolf
08-15-2002, 12:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Did anyone else get this?
-----------------------------------------------------------

SYSTEM USED BY THE VERY TOP PLAYERS. NO CHARGE. I GIVE IT FREELY TO RECREATIONAL PLAYERS.

CALL ME AT 510 581 3010. BE AT A TABLE, WITH A PHONE HANDY, AND WE WILL RUN THROUGH THE SYSTEM ON THE TABLE.
----------------------------------------------------------
Gee I wonder who that could be /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

First the phone solicitors, then email spam, now this. Oy vey <hr></blockquote>

i did not get this one. i have gotten a few privates but they were all okay.

bluewolf

bluewolf
08-15-2002, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good afternoon:

Yes, I received this message as well. Deleted it just as fast as I opened it !!!

I have even received this same message via direct E-Mail.

Dr. D.
[/quote

well geez. guess this spam person doesnt know me. guess that is a good thing. who is this Hal person anyway?

bluewolf

Wally_in_Cincy
08-15-2002, 01:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: heater451:</font><hr> I did not receive the message, but the area code (510) is for parts of San Francisco.

It sounds like it might Hal's handiwork---was there no name for the sender? <hr></blockquote>

The name was "VIP"

That's gotta be Hal. The content and style are a dead giveaway.

stickman
08-15-2002, 01:53 PM
It is his phone number. /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-15-2002, 03:46 PM
I got the same thing from a "VIP". Something about being at the table and a phone number.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-15-2002, 06:54 PM
Got the same message.. HH at it again.....

From Johnny Archer's chat forum website.
http://www.johnnyarcher.net/ask.html
Do a Ctrl-F and type in Hal Houle

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>
Subject: Aiming system

Hi Johnny, i am a 9-ball addict writing to you from the UK. I play pretty much every day for 3-4 hrs, and when i'm not at work i tend to play twice a day.
Congratulations on your Mosconi Cup win, i was there to watch the whole thing live. It was a great event and i've got to say you and The Cannon made an awesome team! Don't know if u remember but you signed my pool cue when you and the guys were standing at the back behind the seats watching a game (Thanks for that btw!).
I have a question for you on aiming and how you aim your shots. I have been playing for nearly two years and i always just used the system where by you find the contact point on the object ball or use the ghost ball system. This seems to work ok for me and i tend to just aim shots more on feel when using english etc.
On a pool website that i check regularly a guy called Hal Houle (don't know if you've heard of him) claimed to have a "professional aiming system" that didn't use contact points or aim points. He said professional players use this system or something similar.
It states; when cutting to the left:
Aim the centre of the cueball right half at the object ball right edge.
Aim the centre of the cueball at the object ball right edge
Aim the centre of the cueball left half at the object ball right edge
Aim the centre of the cueball left quarter at the object ball right edge
when cutting to the right, reverse the process so:
Aim the centre of the cueball left half at the object ball left edge.
etc.etc...
These make 15 deg, 30 deg, 45 deg, 60 deg shots etc.
This system states that these are all possible shots, there is nothing in between. So whenever you make a shot, one of the above will be occurring. There is a detailed description of this system at http://www.easypooltutor.com/frame5.htm
http://www.easypooltutor.com/frame5.htm&gt; where it explains the physics behind it "rotating edges and apparent centres"
I actually called this guy in the USA and he explained the system to me and it all seems to make sense in theory. He said to learn the system i should aim the shot how i would normally, then check to see what is lining up with what. He said my aim would be spot on or close, so you adjust accordingly.
Also to use this system you would need to use "backhand english" or "Carabao english" as it is called, where you pivot your aim with your backhand to the desired point and shoot rather than keeping the cue parallel to the straight and shooting through the ball straight. What are your views on this type of english? do you use it?
Sorry for the lengthy message but i would really appreciate your views on this; and can i ask what system, if any, you use to aim your shots. I just thought that best person to ask about this would be a top pro!
Thanks for your time, Jon
<hr></blockquote>

PQQLK9
08-17-2002, 08:05 AM
I got an e-mail from Hal on 8/6 in my PQQLK9 mail box that I very seldom check...well guess what?...Hal's coming to Charlotte before years end...
happy happy joy joy...can't wait to learn his system first hand.../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Scott Lee
08-17-2002, 02:11 PM
I get them periodically from Hal too! Got one just a week or two ago.

Scott Lee