PDA

View Full Version : I always said....

wolfdancer
11-27-2009, 05:51 PM
the weakest part of Tiger Woods' game was his driving.
Fore, right!!! (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/glf_woods_accident)
Wonder what the recommended club is for smashing out rear windows?
Years ago, I got into a fight on a Reno Golf course with a Police Lt. His wife took a few swings at me with a #3 iron, before a friend got it away from her....and then I had to listen to the jokes the rest of the summer, about what club she should have used.
I can't wait until llotter, Steve, lww and myself play.
When I get back to the clubhouse after 18, and they ask where the rest of my foursome is....I'll say I dropped them off at #17.
#17 on the course I have in mind is about a 100 ft drop into the Bay.
zzz (http://www.lincolnparkgc.com/Lincoln_Park/Scenic_Photos.html#31)

cushioncrawler
11-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Lincoln looks lovely. I rang buninyong GC this morning -- costs $351 for 6 months membership -- i might join. Its not az hilly az Lincoln.
madMac.

pooltchr
11-27-2009, 07:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I can't wait until llotter, Steve, lww and myself play.
</div></div>

Don't hold your breath. I doubt I would be interested in playing a course where you were allowed in.

Steve

wolfdancer
11-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Mac, Lincoln is hilly, and I guy I knew had a heart attack on the course. Lucky for him two off duty FD paramedics were around, and 6 mos later he was back playing again. The fog didn't burn off until around 10 am, so you had to call out first to see if it was clear, before you hit.
There's a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge from the #17 tee, and in the 70's when we were "flooded" with Japanese tourists, I must have had a hundred photos taken of myself and the 3 Japanese tourists that I'd be matched up with. My "joke" was I had never been to Japan, but I am a golfing legend there. I have been to Japan, but only to the Airport, coming back from Viet Nam.( Nothing to do with the war though, except we were still fighting it.)
It's a short course and one guy I used to play with could drive four of the par 4's, and came close to breaking 60 once. He had played on the European tour, a personal friend of Gary Player's and had several clippings where he led, or was near the lead....after day one....unfortunately they play 4 rounds.
Best putter, I ever played with...and he claimed Bobby Locke taught him to putt. Last I heard of him, some guy was paying him mucho dinero, to exclusively turn his golfing prodigy son, into a pro golfer, down in the Monterey Bay area.
$351 for 6 mos is a steal. I paid $2200 for the year, two years ago, and just passed up a $450 for 4 months deal now....it rains every day here in the late fall, winter mos, and twice on Sundays...so it wasn't that hard to pass on that.

cushioncrawler
11-28-2009, 04:22 PM
That $351 iz for summer membership -- ie during the daylight saving period -- ie 6 months.
And i play billiards only in the winter anyhow -- and anyhow its cold and dark and wet and windy here.
Some other billiards and snooker guys are members there too.
I karnt imagin Bobby Locke teaching anyone how to putt -- hiz putting style woz just az weird and peculiar az hiz irons etc style.
And az far az i know, Bobby taught himself -- like Moe Norman did (i think).
madMac.

wolfdancer
11-28-2009, 06:10 PM
It was said that Bobby Locke "hooked" all his putts into the hole, but was an exceptional putter. Moe Norman was and is a legend, and a funny guy as well. I never studied his "Natural Golf" theories, besides just a quick read.....but I did buy the teaching materials for the "Symple Golf" Swing, adapted from Moe's teachings, and use that technique today...the main difference is that you pre-load the weight on your back foot, and adopt in part Mo's grip.
I picked up more then a club's length with my Irons, and some 30 + needed yardage with my Driver using that
I just checked and Moe's on YouTube...so thanks for bringing his name up. Between Moe and Dr. Dave I'll rescue both my pool and my golf games.....

cushioncrawler
11-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Dont tell me -- Moe haz helped your pool and Dr Dave haz helped your golf.
madMac.

cushioncrawler
11-28-2009, 06:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't wait until llotter, Steve, lww and myself play.</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't hold your breath. I doubt I would be interested in playing a course where you were allowed in. Steve</div></div>Steve -- Keep your friends close -- your enemys even closer.
Best way to hurt woofly would be to marry him, then make hiz life hell.
madMac.

pooltchr
11-29-2009, 09:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't wait until llotter, Steve, lww and myself play.</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't hold your breath. I doubt I would be interested in playing a course where you were allowed in. Steve</div></div>Steve -- Keep your friends close -- your enemys even closer.
Best way to hurt woofly would be to marry him, then make hiz life hell.
madMac. </div></div>

I have no desire at all to hurt him.

Steve

wolfdancer
11-29-2009, 07:49 PM
now that i think of it....

Thank the Lord, Dr. Dave does not teach golf, as all I can imagine would be another G.O.L.F. (geometrically oriented linear force) unreadable, without a physics or M.E., degree...er, instruction book.
I's kidding about Dr. Dave, and have just ordered his DVD, and expect to order the set as it becomes available.
I had suggested to him that he title it "Come, let us to billiards, away" only to find out that Scott Lee's friend, Jack White, had already written a book with that title.

eg8r
11-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Well, this bit of news was quite close to my house, actually less than a mile. The hospital that is, not his house. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Anyways, the news kept saying he was seriously injured. The term "seriously" was definitely in question. Health Central has got to be the lowest on the totem pole here in Orlando. Other than that, I am glad he got out and wonder how long till we get the real story, if we ever do.

eg8r

wolfdancer
11-30-2009, 01:11 AM
probably won't, Ed. I've been following his career since the first of his 3 USGA Amateur titles, and I've never heard a bad word about him. This is really strange though...a minor accident that should have been easily explained away on day 2 at the latest.