PDA

View Full Version : Sound familiar ?

wolfdancer
11-27-2009, 09:50 PM
I read this and thought... isn't this what is happening, or beginning to be put into operation, here?:
??? (http://www.rickross.com/reference/hate_groups/hategroups355.html)

sack316
11-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Sounds about like what has always happened.

Oh wait, I sometimes forget. Previous decades, these were called "demonstrations". A caring use of our given rights to voice opinions and attempt to create change.

Now, they are hate rallies. Radical, dangerous. Something we should put a stop to pronto!

Sack

pooltchr
11-27-2009, 10:34 PM
It is the way the left works. They don't want to debate the opposition, they just want to silence them.

Steve

wolfdancer
11-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Really....you were able to dismiss that FBI assessment of hate groups, with it's 7 step escalation into extreme violence as a peaceful demonstration???
And then there is the one that posted behind you, who even tried to turn this around, claiming ...(aw f**k), I can't even repeat what he was claiming.
BUT.......this is something put out by the FBI,not me,... not some leftist group.
Your reply is bothersome, the other reply; trying to make this into ...something about the left??? is just another WTF???...but why was I not surprised?

sack316
11-28-2009, 07:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really....you were able to dismiss that FBI assessment of hate groups, with it's 7 step escalation into extreme violence as a peaceful demonstration???
And then there is the one that posted behind you, who even tried to turn this around, claiming ...(aw f**k), I can't even repeat what he was claiming.
BUT.......this is something put out by the FBI,not me,... not some leftist group.
Your reply is bothersome, the other reply; trying to make this into ...something about the left??? is just another WTF???...but why was I not surprised?

</div></div>

Really? Cuz the date from your link was from March 1, 2003. And you originally say:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read this and thought... isn't this what is happening, or beginning to be put into operation, here?
</div></div>

Which one would presume you refer to the demonstrations of recent months. However, the tea party's (which is what I assume you refer to) were not going on at the time this was published.

Also of note, is that I did not "dismiss" this as you claim I did. Only pointed out that this has always happened. Under this model, quite a number of groups, organizations, and people will fall under 'hate group' within our country's relatively short history.

Sack

wolfdancer
11-28-2009, 01:29 PM
I didn't think the date important....and in no way connected it to the tea baggers, as if they are led by ****'s like lww, they aren't a serious threat.
My comments were that the first few steps of the 7 step escalation into extreme violence...were already apparent here. My own belief is that a few here have already crossed the moral thresh hold (thou shalt not kill)... and may already believe that violence is justified because the other person's color, race, religious, or political beliefs differ from theirs. llotter already publicly approves and applauds, murder, instead of legislation, as a means of imposing one's personal dogma upon others.
I'm really surprised at your assessment of that FBI document...not shocked at all, by what the other guy read into that.
I see your "troop" has bolstered the ranks with a new recruit. Say, I have a great idea....after you people get rid of all the Democrats, then you can purge the Catholics....and then

sack316
11-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Ah, I misunderstood. Your "here" meant the CCB. My bad.

And I don't dispute this publication. In fact I agree with it entirely (in terms of its study of skinheads). But what is my assessment that you are surprised about?

If you find that interesting, you should also check out "The Scapegoat" by Rene Girard.

Sack

wolfdancer
11-28-2009, 02:23 PM
I will check out that link, and now that I know you misunderstood my reference....my faith in humanity is restored...at least my judgments, re humans. I hadn't lumped you in...with the "lumps" that shadow my posts, and Gayle's, and then accuse us of being the trolls.

suppose you were surrounded by idiots,and suppose you were at a Republican National Convention....

sack316
11-28-2009, 03:11 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Please oh PLEASE do not choose to use ME and your barometer for placing any faith in humanity. You'll wind up sorely disappointed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

wolfdancer
11-29-2009, 06:47 PM
What is there to debate, since you claim to know all the answers,while calling everybody who doesn't buy into your theories,...stupid? I don't see any grounds therefore for a "debate" Does that make any sense... that you would care to debate with people you think are too dumb to debate with, in the first place?....or is it your real goal to teach them, as you claim you were trying to do with Gayle and myself?
And with the now, extremely small group of "disbelievers" here...aren't you actually wasting your time, preaching to an empty choir?
Despite all this insider's knowledge that you and a few others claim to have, and are making available to the internet public, I don't see folks "beating down the doors" to join your elite group.
My suggestion then would be to do as Gayle is doing...start your own blog!!!
Or.....actually join a group dedicated to political discussion....
Here's one thought for you:
Debate, or? (http://http://www.arguewitheveryone.com/)
Good luck !!! hope they don't steal your lunch.

jayalley
11-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Oh, I wondered where Gayle has been lately.........I know that she was threatening to leave (noooooooo!!!!) Has she really left to start her own blog? (tee,hee,hee) What's the title, "The Queen of Mean"?

Gee, I sure miss her.

wolfdancer
11-29-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't believe that she has her blog up as of yet, as I'm hoping for the first invite. I'll let her know, and I am sure that she will be pleased to hear that someone of your stature,and a former adversary, now misses the grand repartee that you enjoyed with her.
this site will shortly be for Republicans only, (liberals, Catholics, etc need not apply) I'm sure as you all share your knowledge and worldly views, free from the distractions of others, not of your ilk...you may in time get over your sadness at her departure, as the new er "think tank" engrosses themselves in future high level discussions here.

jayalley
11-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Actually, Lapdancer, I must commend you.....you have been single-handedly bearing the burden of defending the Far Left on this forum. It has fallen solely upon your shoulders, and you've risen to the occasion. (Q is erratic) No, seriously, kudos.

Now, as to your assertion that your departure would leave this forum a one-sided political entity, I won't take issue. But, it wouldn't be much different from Leftist daily life in Manhattan, Berkeley, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and ANY college campus. Spare me the funeral dirges for pluralism. The educated elite long ago discarded that to the junk heap of foolish idealism.

wolfdancer
11-29-2009, 08:33 PM
thanks for the kind words... alley rat. But my departure will not affect this site one bit, except for the avg IQ being lowered by several percentage points, or raised, depending on one's viewpoint.
The site has gone down steadily with the arrival of the "special one", and you deserve kudos yourself, for accelerating it's pending demise. There's only so much bs that one can take...the same old daily boiler plate crap about good Vs evil, and brilliance Vs stupidity , and how great the country could be with a one party system, your party.
It will be interesting though to check in on the site and see your gang reduced to trying to impress each other ....my guess is the delusionary bs level will be off the charts.....

jayalley
11-29-2009, 08:41 PM
WD, where's the love??!!!

I extend to thee my hand in peace and thou bite me.

Really, I was being kind.

Where's that Liberal love?

Don't embarrass your cohorts.

wolfdancer
11-30-2009, 01:51 AM
Why would my cohorts be embarrassed over something that I wrote?
Are you embarrassed after reading ****** posts?
And haven't you already run off all my cohorts, with your baseless accusations about them and your modest portrayal of yourself:

"The godliest man I know!
C'est moi!"

pooltchr
11-30-2009, 08:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the kind words... alley rat. But my departure will not affect this site one bit, except for the avg IQ being lowered by several percentage points, or raised, depending on one's viewpoint.
The site has gone down steadily with the arrival of the "special one", and you deserve kudos yourself, for accelerating it's pending demise. There's only so much bs that one can take...the same old daily boiler plate crap about good Vs evil, and brilliance Vs stupidity , and how great the country could be with a one party system, your party.
It will be interesting though to check in on the site and see your gang reduced to trying to impress each other ....my guess is the delusionary bs level will be off the charts..... </div></div>

Here's something for you to think about...if you care to actually think about something. You claim AZ has gone overwhelmingly to the right...and now you see the same thing happening here.

Suppose, just suppose, that we are but a microcosim of the population as a whole.

What would that tell you?????????????

Steve

LWW
11-30-2009, 09:04 AM
The right has so taken over here that when you add the post counts of Wayle, Wolfie, Q together and then compare it to the cumulative counts of PT, eg, deeman and moi ... well those 3 outpost the opposing 5 by 1,757 posts.

As is typical of leftists in the media against Limbaugh and Beck ... they can't be happy with having the biggest mouths going, they aren't happy until all dissent is silenced.

<span style='font-family: Arial Black'><span style='font-size: 26pt'>Oh ... the HUMANITY!</span></span>

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-30-2009, 09:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really....you were able to dismiss that FBI assessment of hate groups, with it's 7 step escalation into extreme violence as a peaceful demonstration???

</div></div>

Really? Cuz the date from your link was from March 1, 2003. And you originally say:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read this and thought... isn't this what is happening, or beginning to be put into operation, here?
</div></div>

Which one would presume you refer to the demonstrations of recent months. However, the tea party's (which is what I assume you refer to) were not going on at the time this was published.

Also of note, is that I did not "dismiss" this as you claim I did. Only pointed out that this has always happened. Under this model, quite a number of groups, organizations, and people will fall under 'hate group' within our country's relatively short history.

Sack </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"> What does that have to do with anything? The FBI study is obviously an overview of a phenomena, in this instance, it addresses examples of how organized hatred feeds upon itself.

To suggest that it doesn't apply to the hate filled signage and messages included in the Tea Baggers events, indicates that you either didn't read the article, or didn't understand it. It wasn't written with any inclusion of a time limitation.

G.</span>

sack316
11-30-2009, 12:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does that have to do with anything? The FBI study is obviously an overview of a phenomena, in this instance, it addresses examples of how organized hatred feeds upon itself.

To suggest that it doesn't apply to the hate filled signage and messages included in the Tea Baggers events, indicates that you either didn't read the article, or didn't understand it. It wasn't written with any inclusion of a time limitation.

G.[/color] </div></div>

That it is not "new" and exclusive to protests of this last year

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-30-2009, 12:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does that have to do with anything? The FBI study is obviously an overview of a phenomena, in this instance, it addresses examples of how organized hatred feeds upon itself.

G.[/color] </div></div>

That it is not "new" and exclusive to protests of this last year

Sack </div></div>

Wolf's title:

"Sound Familiar"

Followed by: "I read this and thought... isn't this what is happening, or beginning to be put into operation, here?:
???"

Doesn't at all indicate that he was saying the article was exclusive to the Tea Baggers, just that the indications are the same.

hence, again, I ask, what does your statement have to do with Wolf's post?

Answer,....nothing.

G.

sack316
11-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Actually none of it had anything to do with Tea Parties anyway, which has already been addressed earlier had you read the thread completely.

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-30-2009, 12:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually none of it had anything to do with Tea Parties anyway, which has already been addressed earlier had you read the thread completely.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Actually, I read the whole thread. Here is the part I am referencing:

</span>

Wolf wrote:
Really....you were able to dismiss that FBI assessment of hate groups, with it's 7 step escalation into extreme violence as a peaceful demonstration???

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Which one would presume you refer to the demonstrations of recent months. However, the tea party's (which is what I assume you refer to) were not going on at the time this was published.</span>

<span style="color: #000066">So again, I ask, what does the date of the article have to do with Wolf's point, in the first place....</span>
<span style="color: #000066">Answer, NOTHING!</span><span style="color: #000066">The date of the article, has absolutely nothing to do with Wolf's original point, which is that RW extremists embody many of the warning signals included in the article....it doesn't matter when it was written.

G.</span>

sack316
11-30-2009, 01:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So again, I ask, what does the date of the article have to do with Wolf's point, in the first place....
</div></div>

You're right, halfway at least. It had nothing to do with Wolf's point. But his point was in regards to this board, which he later cleared up for me... and I said I misunderstood and my bad.

Now, since you obviously need the explanation of the mistaken point taken too, which somehow seems out of your grasp, I will attempt to explain. Pointless, I may add since it was a misunderstanding to begin with, but you seem so insistent...

I wrongly assumed his subject focus in the beginning, where a portion read "BEGINNING to be put into operation". (Beginning means a start).

Now, given that I misunderstood his focus of who he referred to, I was pointing out that the types of mentality and psyche in the FBI study have long been around previously, and even in recent decades. That it was not "beginning" with such rallies from this last year (hence where date would come into play also, though of a lesser significance).

But since I misunderstood him, none of that is relevant. It was cleared up for me, and I admitted where I had taken his point wrong. And it was all said, done, and over with 2 days ago.

Anything else? Or are there more irrelevant questions to pose?

Cuz I have one... what do your last few posts on here have to do with Wolf's point?

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Just the original question, which I asked, and which you have yet to answer....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What does that have to do with anything? The FBI study is obviously an overview of a phenomena, in this instance, it addresses examples of how organized hatred feeds upon itself.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>To suggest that it doesn't apply to the hate filled signage and messages included in the Tea Baggers events, indicates that you either didn't read the article, or didn't understand it. It wasn't written with any inclusion of a time limitation.</span>G.
</div></div>

wolfdancer
12-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Well, why don't you tell me, since you proclaim to know everything?
For hundreds of years the majority of people thought the world to be flat....did that make it true?
There is a really good ******* reason that AZB and now this site, has gone over to the dark side...if you can't figure that out after reading the posts of llotter, and the one posting behind you, and lately the tone on your own posts....then it's not worth explaining. And if you think that the half dozen of you egocentric ****s now speak for middle America, well let's just say that's the stupidest thing I've read today, but then I haven't read all your new posts here.
Go over to AZB and announce that you are liberal minded, voted for President Obama, etc.....and between the gross insults, and the threats, you'll get the hint and leave them be. That it is now happening here, doesn't mean you, llotter, and lww are actually the "Voice of America" But, who am I to argue with someone like you, who holds himself in such high esteem?
So this sad little board, with about half a dozen "real Americans" like yourself, llotter, lww....now reflect the ideals of the perfect society....yet none of you are blond, blue eyed, and of pure Aryan blood?
Wish it weren't so early during the day....later on I'd have to go down to the poolroom, have a couple of drinks, and regale my friends with that ***** story.
Sell that, "we are the majority and we are taking over the site" BS, to someone else please...also, what would it take to get you to stop posting this stupid sh*t behind my posts? You want to know why the other free thinking, intelligent, liberal minded people left....you didn't run then off with any logic, or cold hard facts....you bored them to death with your ignorant banter.
llotter, I perceive to be very intelligent, lww smart, but like most, just "smart" people,he overrates his intellect to the nth degree...as proof, I offer this: Really intelligent people don't runaround on internet message boards challenging others to some IQ test to prove something that isn't of major importance anyways. I don't see a pHd alongside his name, and I haven't read about any important contributions that he has made to mankind. Well, there is the "Freedom Fighter" and "chief Tea-bagger" idiotic crap. And then there is you.....you must also be claiming to score amongst the top percentile group???
But....getting back to your uh, other claim:...
this site is a "microcosm of America"...and the half dozen of you that run around here turning people off, and running people off, with your denunciations of those not in your political party, and now not of your religion...you are the "real Americans"
Please stop with this sh*t....."Vincent, you are embarrassing yourself"
Do you mind if I print that out, and attribute that statement, the first part of it...to you? I'd like to shop that around a bit on the internet. It might even draw new members here....because everybody likes to see a "freak show", or somebody make a complete a** out of themselves, writing MORONic
posts like that...BUT...thanks for the laugh.....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The CCB, llotter, lww and mainly....myself !!! are a microcosm of real America </div></div>
I'll speak to Gayle, and see if she will feature that claim as the lead off item, or her new Blog....

sack316
12-01-2009, 02:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just the original question, which I asked, and which you have yet to answer....

What does that have to do with anything? The FBI study is obviously an overview of a phenomena, in this instance, it addresses examples of how organized hatred feeds upon itself.

To suggest that it doesn't apply to the hate filled signage and messages included in the Tea Baggers events, indicates that you either didn't read the article, or didn't understand it. It wasn't written with any inclusion of a time limitation. G.
</div></div> </div></div>

Where did I suggest it wouldn't apply?

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-01-2009, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: wolfdancerI read this and thought... isn't this what is happening, or beginning to be put into operation, here?

</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

sack316
12-01-2009, 04:28 PM
So where in that does it say "this doesn't apply"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds about like what has always happened.
</div></div>

See, what that means is that it is not "new" or unique to this group now. What it means is that such behavior has been apparent in many groups for quite some time. What that does not say is "this doesn't apply here".

Hell, even freakin Code pink fits the profile down to stage 5.

Again, you just read whatever however you want. I will try to begin writing in an easier manner for you to understand if you wish.

And note, again, that even the portion you quoted, doesn't at all say what you are saying it does.

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-01-2009, 04:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So where in that does it say "this doesn't apply"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds about like what has always happened.
</div></div>

See, what that means is that it is not "new" or unique to this group now. What it means is that such behavior has been apparent in many groups for quite some time. What that does not say is "this doesn't apply here".

Hell, even freakin Code pink fits the profile down to stage 5.

Again, you just read whatever however you want. I will try to begin writing in an easier manner for you to understand if you wish.

And note, again, that even the portion you quoted, doesn't at all say what you are saying it does.

Sack </div></div>

OIC, so then that means that you do see the conections between the points in the article, and the Tea Baggers behavior?

G.

sack316
12-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I see the connections between the points in the article and nearly any group. My point was never that it did not apply. What's it going to take for you to grasp that?

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-02-2009, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds about like what has always happened.

Oh wait, I sometimes forget. Previous decades, these were called "demonstrations". A caring use of our given rights to voice opinions and attempt to create change.

Now, they are hate rallies. Radical, dangerous. Something we should put a stop to pronto!

Sack </div></div>

What's it going to take for you to admit that you attempted to draw a distinction between past demonstrations, and the current, unprecedented, dangerous attacks of hatred against this president, by the RW radical elements in our society, and any previous demonstrations we've seen in the past.

We already have proof that some of the participants have been paid by the Health Insurance Industry, and by a lobbyist organization connected to Dick Armey....AND by the Liz Cheney/William Kristol group.

Same witch hunt we always see when the right loses power....only this time, they're using racism, sexism, and creating lies about the birth place of the President.

If you can't see the difference, it's because you dont want to see it.

G.

pooltchr
12-02-2009, 10:18 AM
You are absolutely correct. I remember how well behaved and lacking of any violent behavior (or the encouragement of same) all of those anti-Bush demonstrators were.

It's only the right who are capable of bad behavior.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

sack316
12-02-2009, 12:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What's it going to take for you to admit that you attempted to draw a distinction between past demonstrations, and the current, unprecedented, dangerous attacks of hatred against this president, by the RW radical elements in our society, and any previous demonstrations we've seen in the past.</div></div>

Nothing can because I wasn't drawing a distinction (ie. difference) between them. I was pointing out that there is little difference, actually. Hence the portion of what you quoted from me that said "Sounds about like what has always happened." That's drawing a similarity, not a distinction.

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-02-2009, 01:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What's it going to take for you to admit that you attempted to draw a distinction between past demonstrations, and the current, unprecedented, dangerous attacks of hatred against this president, by the RW radical elements in our society, and any previous demonstrations we've seen in the past.</div></div>

Nothing can because I wasn't drawing a distinction (ie. difference) between them. I was pointing out that there is little difference, actually. Hence the portion of what you quoted from me that said "Sounds about like what has always happened." That's drawing a similarity, not a distinction.

Sack </div></div>

There is no similarity. Even our National Security people, and the FBI, say that these RW atttacks are unprecedented. For you to suggest that this is politics as usual, or even the, oh so familiar, RW, loser backlash, as usual, is completely absurd.

Wolf posted information regarding the article, which he obviously compared to what we are seeing now, from the very dangerous radical RW fringe of the Republican Party. the idfference, is that this time, the Republican Leadership, has failed to protest it, and even joined in with that very dangerous, element, from their own constituents, as we have all seen with our own eyes....

No, this is not protestors as usual, and in fact, far from it....but then, I have seen it, in person, up close and personal, and you have not.

G.

sack316
12-02-2009, 01:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There is no similarity. Even our National Security people, and the FBI, say that these RW atttacks are unprecedented. For you to suggest that this is politics as usual, or even the, oh so familiar, RW, loser backlash, as usual, is completely absurd.</div></div>

he he everything is "unprecedented" now, remember? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

But seriously, look down the profile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wolf posted information regarding the article, which he obviously compared to what we are seeing now, from the very dangerous radical RW fringe of the Republican Party. the idfference, is that this time, the Republican Leadership, has failed to protest it, and even joined in with that very dangerous, element, from their own constituents, as we have all seen with our own eyes....</div></div>

No, Wolf posted this about the CCB. Which if you recall was the original error on my part in the first place... making the same assumption you are continuing to make.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, this is not protestors as usual, and in fact, far from it....but then, I have seen it, in person, up close and personal, and you have not.
</div></div>

I imagine the difference being is that previously you were partaking, as opposed to simply watching now.

Would be like a Phillies fan who celebrated in a parade for winning the world series in '08, but then talks about how silly the Yankess fans are this year for doing so.

So to be clear here, you are saying there were no signs of hatred or dangerous elements to any previous LW protests in the past?

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-02-2009, 01:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There is no similarity. Even our National Security people, and the FBI, say that these RW atttacks are unprecedented. For you to suggest that this is politics as usual, or even the, oh so familiar, RW, loser backlash, as usual, is completely absurd.</div></div>

he he everything is "unprecedented" now, remember? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

But seriously, look down the profile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wolf posted information regarding the article, which he obviously compared to what we are seeing now, from the very dangerous radical RW fringe of the Republican Party. the idfference, is that this time, the Republican Leadership, has failed to protest it, and even joined in with that very dangerous, element, from their own constituents, as we have all seen with our own eyes....</div></div>

No, Wolf posted this about the CCB. Which if you recall was the original error on my part in the first place... making the same assumption you are continuing to make.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, this is not protestors as usual, and in fact, far from it....but then, I have seen it, in person, up close and personal, and you have not.
</div></div>

I imagine the difference being is that previously you were partaking, as opposed to simply watching now.

Would be like a Phillies fan who celebrated in a parade for winning the world series in '08, but then talks about how silly the Yankess fans are this year for doing so.

So to be clear here, you are saying there were no signs of hatred or dangerous elements to any previous LW protests in the past?

Sack </div></div>

You might have had a point, except for the fact that the right here, is the same as the right wing radical fringe, which we have seen at the Tea Baggers Rallies, and outside of the Republican Campaign stops. There is no difference whatsoever.

There have been numerous threads launched on this site, by the right on this site, bashing Obama by using the same lies that are depicted on the sinage at the Rallies.

Everything from "inductrinating our students" to "Obama's Birth Certificate' to the ridiculous comparisons to Socialism, and Communism.

So, to be clear, AGAIN, our FBI, and our Homeland Security, AND the Anti-defamation League, have all performed studies, and made statements which single out the recent backlash, from the poor losers of the Republicna party, Birthers, Tea Baggers, and racists, usually the same people, as being far more dangerous than anything we've seen before. And, as for the word, "Unprecedented" I have actually been using that word consistantly, since Bush crashed into the White House, to describe his lies, lawbreaking, stupidity, ignorance, and all round ability to create total FUBAR on every level of government.
Furthermore, the overall opinion of historians, political consultants, economic experts, and foreign policy experts, is that no other president has ever inherited so many UNPRECEDENTED disasters.

G.

pooltchr
12-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Is that the same FBI and Homeland Security that you had zero confidence in between 2000 and 2008?

Steve

sack316
12-02-2009, 01:52 PM
I'll take that as a "no" then.

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-02-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm getting tired of your lies. You like to twist everything around to suit yourself. You do it all the time, just like the other day, when you accused me of blaming Bush for not listening to the Commanders on the ground. I never said that, I said he should have lsitened to the experts in foreign affairs, in the Middle East region, all of whom told him not to invade Iraq.

Since you can't keep anything straight, stuff it!

Nothing you write has any connection to what is being discussed, anyway. So back off, A-hole, or I'll make up some signs, with your famous quote, and march up and down in front of that dump where you give lessons.

G.

jayalley
12-02-2009, 02:35 PM
GEESH !!!

Now she is making personal threats.

Are we angry, Gayle?

wolfdancer
12-02-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm not a Phillies fan either...but you missed whatever point it was I was trying to say at the time.
Brand new information has surfaced here recently, some sort of leak from an "eyes only" insider's report....this here board is studied and viewed by the top intellectuals of the Republican party, e.g.....say, Sarah and her top advisers, as a means to get a "pulse on America's thinking" It serves as a MICROCOSM for mainstream Americana!!!
<u>As the CCB goes, there goes the nation</u>
It's brilliant in it's simplicity....saves on thousands of people going door to door with questionnaires. You get a random sampling of folks from such intellectually diverse locales as San Francisco, and w.Virginia....Fog City to Hog Haven. While Texas and Ala are included in the mix, they are for the large part, mostly ignored...
So, what I am trying to explain, is that while I had a bigger picture in mind, then this mindless site, you are probably correct in your idea that I was inadvertently referring exclusively, to the CCB.
Going along with the reasoning that Homeland Security, the CIA, FBI....might be looking into this site microcosm....I have requested the admin here to change my sign on name to "anonymous"
What a great day eh....the rain has stopped, the sun is out, the temp is moderate.....and with too many nice things going on....I had to read this board for a reality check, sort of like donning a hairshirt.

jayalley
12-02-2009, 02:39 PM
If she is threatening to appear outside you pool hall, Steve, I hope that you aren't Jewish. (Gayle really hates Jews.)

Maybe you had better have some security guards hired for the front sidewalk.

pooltchr
12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayalley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If she is threatening to appear outside you pool hall, Steve, I hope that you aren't Jewish. (Gayle really hates Jews.)

Maybe you had better have some security guards hired for the front sidewalk. </div></div>

I'm not worried. She would have to leave Maryland and travel to the middle of "Bubba land". I don't think they would let her in at the boarder! LOL

Steve

wolfdancer
12-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Gayle, when somebody continually states that you are Antisemitic, and does that not in a direct response to you, but seemingly to inflame the tempers of others, I believe that qualifies as hate mail, or some kind of electronic harassment.
There can be no other explanation for repeatedly butting into exchanges between you and others, where that issue is not even being addressed, with that claim....and in this instance,he used consecutive posts to fan the flames a bit more.
Reading up on this type of electronic harassment, and stalking,
(and it usually is directed at women) it apparently worsens as the stalker becomes more emboldened by the apparent lack of restraint.
I'd hate to see you physically assaulted, or worse by some "internut", for expressing opinions that differ from theirs.
I've already posted about the young man killed by some loony,
because she didn't like his hair do.
You attract the hate group here because you don't fit into their stereo-typed beliefs, about the left and their financial dependence upon the unfair taxation of the right.

I doubt that filing any complaint here will put an end to this...so my suggestion on handling these, what I read as just plain hate mail (xenophobia is not limited to one nationality)
I would make note of these missives....print them out with the time and date, and if they become increasingly more hostile, and/or personally threatening, contact a Lawyer, or some Police Agency.
A little more on Hate Mail
"Hate mail (as electronic, posted, or otherwise) is a form of harassment, usually consisting of invective and potentially intimidating or threatening comments towards the recipient. Hate mail often contains exceptionally abusive, foul or otherwise hurtful language.

The recipient may receive disparaging remarks concerning the subject's ethnicity, sexuality, religion, intelligence, political ideology, sense of ethics, or sense of aesthetics. The text of hate mail often contains profanity, or it may simply contain a negative, disappropriating message.

Forensic linguists have increasingly been called upon to identify authorship of hate mail. See for example 'Wordcrime' a case file series by John Olsson, UK forensic linguist, which details several cases.
OR...maybe it is just "Flaming" ?
Flaming is hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users. Flaming usually occurs in the social context of a discussion board, Internet Relay Chat (IRC), by e-mail or on Video-sharing websites. It is usually the result of the discussion of heated real-world issues like politics, religion, and philosophy, or of issues that polarise subpopulations (for example, the perennial debating between Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners). Internet trolls frequently set out to incite flame wars for the sole purpose of offending or irritating other posters.
Hey, there's a thought....you could be physically assaulted because you prefer the Xbox to his playstation???
Please...copy and print any harassing emails, PMs, libelous replies you may receive....
One final thought....don't feed the pigeons!!.....they iz jes flying rats /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
12-02-2009, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'd hate to see you physically assaulted, or worse by some "internut", for expressing opinions that differ from theirs. </div></div>

In reading through this thread, I only saw one poster threaten to take specific action against another poster beyond the use of this forum....and you're worried about her?

Gayle is the one who constantly makes threats and has shown herself to be willing and capable of crossing the line and carrying out threats. She constantly trashes me and my livelihood, and now she has threatened to take physical action against me.

Who is the one we should be worried about??? Wouldn't it naturally be the one who has already made threats here?

Steve

Steve

wolfdancer
12-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I think one on one, best of three falls.....you'll come out on top.
You constantly insult, belittle, and harass her.....commenting negatively on every post of hers even the ones that are of no concern of yours....and you expect her to just sit back and not try to defend herself?
You are having a grand time here putting down others, so why would you deny her a little fun.
I would prefer that she not bring up your "business", but kind of understand that considering the negative comments here from either you or.... some misogynist re: her business.
I will ask her for you, to stop the endless chain of PMs, pleading for you to "back off" or... as little larry puts it "stop trying to make her your victim" He loves the fantasy of seeing himself as tormentor and others as his victims..biggest joke to date on the ethernet.
I'd suggest you try putting her on ignore, and see how that works for you.

pooltchr
12-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Since she has made direct threats toward me, I don't think ignoring her would be in my best interest. For all I know, she could very well be a crazy stalker. She has certainly gone out of her way to suggest that may be the case.
Threatening to show up at my doorstep is the kind of thing any sane person should take seriously in this day of extreme radical activities.
I don't know if she is just full of hot air, or if she might actually try something that crazy. I have no reason to suspect she is less than capable of it, based on much of what she has said on here.

Steve

wolfdancer
12-02-2009, 06:03 PM
I'll let you and Gayle work that out without my input. I have talked to her on the phone, and she sounds pretty normal to me, but definitely has very strong opinions re: politics, and the war.
She has never once mentioned any animosity towards Jewish people in
out private conversations, or email exchanges....despite "others" claims here.
At her age and enjoying the amenities that she can afford from owning a successful private business, and having something more serious to deal with then any confrontational tete a tete with you...I wouldn't be concerned about her showing up at your doorstep with Dick Cheney, and inviting you to go bird hunting.

wolfdancer
12-02-2009, 06:06 PM
WHO said anything about my belief that this was limited to this thread?

pooltchr
12-02-2009, 07:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WHO said anything about my belief that this was limited to this thread? </div></div>

I must have missed something along the line. I don't recall anyone else ever making specific threats against anyone else on the forum.

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-03-2009, 09:14 AM
You are the bioggest piece of **** on this forum. I am against the powerful Israeli Lobby in Washington D.C., and against Israel's policies of killing hundreds of innocent women and children, just because one damn Israeli soldier was killed.

Israel expects the United States to protect them at all costs, but when they are asked by our country, to change a policy which prevents the opportunity to create peace in the middle east, they refuse. We have proof that they have spied on us, and actually gone against our best interests, on more than one occasion.

Now you can lie about me on here all that you want, since this is obviously a site where a RW Republican calls the shots, given the history of those who have been banned for giving back as good as they have had to endure from the right, to the right, but you cannot deny that the American Enterprise Institute, the organization which pushed for decades to invade Iraq, for oil, is not only heavily supported by the oil industry, but also filled with people of Jewish decent, just as the media owners who supported the lies that led to the war in Iraq, and cost our country untold treasure and life, are also mostly of Jewish decent.

Israel has taken advantage of America's good will and undying support for their protection, but fails, over and over again, to meet our country half way in the interest of Middle East Peace. they have often stubbornly refused to compromise, in the interest of peace...

There are many journalists, authors, political leaders, foreign policy experts, who have spoken to this issue, and written about it, so unless you seek to paint all of them as anti-semite, your ridiculous, oft repeated, slimey accustions, are about as worthless as your posts, which makes them completely without merit.

I don't care what you think about my views, as they are a result of study, through my reading and research of works written by people with far more information at their disposal than either you, or I, are privy to. Your accusations against my character, do not reflect my written posts on this site, as I have made it abundantly clear that I am against needless killing, suppression, oppression, dictatorships, and exploitation, of any kind, and against all forms of ethnic or religious violence, and being Jewish, does not give a country, ISRAEL, a bye to go about the massive slaughter of the innocents on their borders, as they most certainly did do.

So go take a flying F! I don't hate all muslims, and I don't hate all of any group, since hate is not included my philosophy, and in fact, peace around the world is what we all need to support, and unfortunately, Israel does not make the necessary compromises to contribute to that dream.

One does not have to be anti-semite, to notice the names of those who pushed us into Iraq, the names of those in the AMerican Enterprise Institute, the Ceo's of Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, Bernie Madeoff, etc., and a whole list of the CEO's who robbed America for the last decade, so go check out the names of those CEO's in the oil Industry, who have bilked us left and right, and the CEO's of the Health Insurance Industry, who have done the same. One surely doesn't have to be out SEARCHING for Jewish names, to notice the vast supply of them when researching those who bilked the country and made off with the stolen profits.....

Do a little study of your own, instead of wasting my time, and yours, on baseless insults.....which do not reflect my views in the least.

What Hitler did to the jews was horrible, devastating and unthinkable to any thinking, feeling, moral human being. So was what George Bush did, rounding up innocent people who were turned in for money, by thugs, and torturing them in secret prisons.

The fact that millions of Jews were starved and murdered, decades ago, as horrendous as the entire horrible and despicable actions of a madman, and the cowards who followed him, is heartwrenching, was nothing that amyone with a heart could possibly support, or fail to dispise, but that does not give Israel the right to expect protection from our country, while they themselves, slaughter innocent women and children, of another ethnicity, and starve them by blocking their access to food, water and shelter, anymore than it gives an American cabal of crooks, thieves and liars, here in this country, the right to cheat America of it's financial and political best interests through media propaganda, thievery and dishonest corporate business practices, which result in devastation to the masses.

If you don't approve of my views, why should I give a damn, since you have proven for years that your sole purpose of posting on this site, is to attack me. My facts, are real....I suppose that irritates you, so be it...I have no respect for you or your opinions...I am not anti any particular ethnicity, religion, or country, but I'm not blind and dumb, either.

G.

Gayle in MD
12-03-2009, 09:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'd hate to see you physically assaulted, or worse by some "internut", for expressing opinions that differ from theirs. </div></div>

In reading through this thread, I only saw one poster threaten to take specific action against another poster beyond the use of this forum....and you're worried about her?

Gayle is the one who constantly makes threats and has shown herself to be willing and capable of crossing the line and carrying out threats. She constantly trashes me and my livelihood, and now she has threatened to take physical action against me.

Who is the one we should be worried about??? Wouldn't it naturally be the one who has already made threats here?

Steve

Steve </div></div>

LMAO! Do you actually think I would waste my time with you in any way?

You're such a joke.

You are the one who has made threats, but then, you forgot about that, didn't you?

I have no use for you at all, and believe me, I have far more interesting things to do with my time than to waste it on a wannabe fooltchr.

However, I will correct you, since you are so concerned about the Free Speech of those Tea Baggers who think they have a right to carry threatening signs that say, "We didn't bring our guns, THIS TIME"...and that is to remind you that since you love signs so much, then anyone can plan to carry a sign, and be within their rights to free speech! Bubba.

pooltchr
12-03-2009, 10:37 AM
So since I'm not worth your time and effort, I guess your threat was just more hot air?

Steve

wolfdancer
12-03-2009, 11:05 AM
What could possibly less threatening to you then a 60's grandmother,.....a one armed 60ish grandmother, perhaps?
Or did she just threaten to pick apart your posts?

Gayle in MD
12-03-2009, 11:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So since I'm not worth your time and effort, I guess your threat was just more hot air?

Steve </div></div>

Like I told you from the start...and for years, we don't like one another, and for the sake of others who read this forum, we should avoid posting to one another.

I don't usually read your posts, however, you stalk mine, non stop, and for you to suggest that I have an addiction to your smut, lies, and outlandish claims, is too funny for words.

As for your lies about pros flocking to North Carolina for your instruction, and how the names must be kept top secret, all I can say is, BWA HA HA HA HA...

You're full of it! But I've known that for years.

Now go your own miserable way, and go find yourself another sucker you can scam into believing that they will bring their game up three levels if they shell out some of their hard earned money to financially support a pool hall junkie who never made it to the big time.

G.

pooltchr
12-03-2009, 12:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
As for your lies about pros flocking to North Carolina for your instruction, and how the names must be kept top secret, all I can say is, BWA HA HA HA HA...

G. </div></div>

Since it's my business, therefore, none of yours, you just go ahead and think whatever you want. It's what you do on most subjects, whether you know what you are talking about, or not.

Steve

pooltchr
12-03-2009, 12:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What could possibly less threatening to you then a 60's grandmother,.....a one armed 60ish grandmother, perhaps?
Or did she just threaten to pick apart your posts? </div></div>

A crazy 60 year old grandmother with a history of being spiteful and vindictive!

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-03-2009, 02:51 PM
You're back on total ignore, jerk. Now go tell your undocumentable fantasy stories somewhere else, I'm not interested in your outrageous lies about pro pool shooters, flocking to North Carolina to get your input at that dump where you shoot.

Golf-Foxtrot-yankee...Bubba

pooltchr
12-03-2009, 03:23 PM
You have never had anyone on total ignore, and never will. You have told me a half a dozen times in the past two days that I am on ignore, yet you keep reading and responding to my posts.

Quit lying!

Steve

wolfdancer
12-03-2009, 04:25 PM
She probably does have you on ignore, just as I have you on ignore,
but then curiosity, etc.
Reading isn't quite the same as ....buying into your, er, facts?
I've also read Ted Kaczynski, G.L.Rockwell,... and Lewis Carroll, ..I sometimes think you may have fallen into that warren?

wolfdancer
12-03-2009, 05:12 PM
After reading the "debate" here I was reminded of an article in
"The Break" magazine.....on finding a good instructor. They only archive back to September, so this is just part II on that topic.
Instruction (http://www.onthebreaknews.com/index.php?s=roger+long)

pooltchr
12-03-2009, 05:43 PM
I would only take issue with one comment in Roger's article. No instructor can promise to take a player from point a to point b. I tell all of my students that any improvement they can expect to see from the course they take is going to be their responsibility. I can give them knowledge, and show them what they need to do. But unless a student is willing to take what they learn in class, and apply it in serious practice time, they will be wasting their money, and both of our time.

An instructor can only provide a road map to improvement...the student has to actually do the driving.

Steve

wolfdancer
12-03-2009, 06:34 PM
I think you have a good point there,as nobody can promise that you'll improve without some dedicated practice, desire to learn, and the requisite basic "motor skills" to begin with. (or else I would be making a living as a golf Pro)

I read the article a little differently though, as I didn't take the A to B promise literally. My point "B" might be to become a pro...and I'm sure Roger would direct me instead to the nearest Church to pray for a miracle.
I don't know him personally, but have read good things about him,and as a certified, advanced instructor...I'd guess that he is delivering whatever he has promised and knows by now that he can only "point the way" ?
I'm sure that Roger tells his students something similar to your statement. I'd also guess that a good instructor can make an educated guess on how far they can take the student, after just a few lessons???

pooltchr
12-03-2009, 08:14 PM
I can spend one afternoon with a student and have a pretty good idea what his or her potential is. It takes a little longer to figure out if they have the desire, and the will to achieve their goals.

I haven't met Roger, but have talked with him, and suspect he and I have very similar teaching philosophy. You don't get to advanced level by accident, or without knowing what you are talking about. You have to prove yourself to other higher rated instructors.

Steve