PDA

View Full Version : Octoberfest !!!

Doctor_D
08-15-2002, 10:38 AM
Good afternoon:

Considering the fact that most of us have "Baked", literally, this Summer the thought of having an "Event" to celebrate the Fall (not to mention the cooler weather) might be in order.

Good Food, Good Company, Good Pool and Good Conversation would be the order of the day. Any suggestions?

Dr. D.

bluewolf
08-15-2002, 12:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good afternoon:

Considering the fact that most of us have "Baked", literally, this Summer the thought of having an "Event" to celebrate the Fall (not to mention the cooler weather) might be in order.

Good Food, Good Company, Good Pool and Good Conversation would be the order of the day. Any suggestions?

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>

location? i can get a cabin in sw va surrounded by 300 acres. just would have to coordinate with my brother, since he owns it. it sleeps about 8 and plenty of room for tents and sleeping bags inside or out.

now if your idea of camping is staying at the holiday inn, this might not be the place but it would be cheap &lt;G&gt;

bluewolf

Doctor_D
08-15-2002, 12:36 PM
Good afternoon:

My idea of camping is a Suite at the Ritz Carlton. However, budget constraints aside, a Sheraton would do nicely. My idea, at the moment, was a gathering were many could meet, mingle and shoot lots and lots of pool.

Dr. D.

08-15-2002, 12:45 PM
octoberfest? Beer?? how about platnums in Brooklyn. this way i only need to travel 3 blocks. seriously though thats a great idea, but u need to keep it in the greatest city in the world NYC /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-15-2002, 01:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good afternoon:

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>

Cincinnati has the largest Oktoberfest outside of Germany. Mini Me from Austin Powers is going to lead the world's largest "chicken dance" this year. Westminster Billiard Club is right up the street. I doubt many would want to make the journey here though.

Do they have Oktoberfest in NYC?

nAz
08-15-2002, 02:46 PM
Every bodega in nyc has a Octoberfest or just a lot of drunks haha but not like what you got down there sounds very keen. too far for though /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif ... Damn now i want a beer!

9 Ball Girl
08-15-2002, 03:44 PM
I gotta go with Naz on that one. NYC is the place to be. Although traveling somewhere else is no problem for me given I don't have to work!

Tom_In_Cincy
08-15-2002, 05:20 PM
You just described a typical nite for most of us at a Pool Hall..

Doctor_D
08-15-2002, 05:24 PM
Good evening:

One can always create their own event or activity, that's what friends are for...

Dr. D.

nAz
08-15-2002, 05:36 PM
Ok how about this we all get a case of beer (becks for me) and play a group game of VP3?

Doctor_D
08-15-2002, 05:37 PM
Good evening:

Sounds good excpet, I am not a beer drinker. Single Malt Scotch for me please!

Dr. D.

nAz
08-15-2002, 05:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good evening:

Sounds good excpet, I am not a beer drinker. Single Malt Scotch for me please!

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>
a whole CASE!! my lord!

08-15-2002, 10:00 PM
OK, Here's an idea. We regulars seem to be centered around some major points in the US. ( NYC, Fla., Virginia area, DFW, and Cincy) Why not have a couple volunteers do the logistics in each area, pick a central date, everyone shows up at the closest event, and we ALL link up via cell phones throughout the day!

Voodoo Daddy
08-15-2002, 10:51 PM
Isnt that happening next month? Voodoo and Kato land in Virginia 9-25-02 around noon. Let the chaos begin then, cell phones and all!!

rackmup
08-16-2002, 06:17 AM
We could all meet in Münich, Germany (airfare is CHEAP right now!), rent a van and carpool to the Hofbräuhaus for some 30 ounce beers, fresh pretzels and homemade sausages, Weiner Snitzel and Cucumber Salad. After that, a little singing and dancing will certainly be in order.

Regards,

Ken (still dreamin' the BIG dreams)

Rich R.
08-16-2002, 07:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Isnt that happening next month? Voodoo and Kato land in Virginia 9-25-02 around noon. Let the chaos begin then, cell phones and all!!
<hr></blockquote>
I will be arriving about the same time. See you at the check-in desk. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Rich R.