PDA

View Full Version : Bush "intentionally let bin Laden grt away"

Qtec
12-01-2009, 01:21 AM
link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/30/rep-hinchey-bush-adminini_n_374640.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>On Monday afternoon, Rep. Maurice Hinchey (D-New York) told MSNBC host David Shuster that the Bush administration "intentionally let bin Laden get away" in order to justify the Iraq war.</span>

Hinchey is from a historically Republican district (though it includes Democrat-heavy in places like Woodstock and Ithaca) and his statement seemed to shock Shuster.

"Look what happened. Look what happened with regard to our invasion into Afghanistan. How we apparently intentionally let bin Laden get away. How we intentionally did not follow the Taliban and al Qaeda."

Hinchey alleged that bin Laden was let go because "the previous administration... knew very well that if they would capture al Qaeda there would be no justification for an invasion in Iraq."

Shuster, incredulous, pushed back: "You really believe that?"

"Oh, there's no question about that because the leader of the military operation in the United States called back our military, called them back from going after the head of al Qaeda because there was a sense that they didn't want to capture him."

Shuster began talking over Hinchey: "You can accuse them of malfeasance, you can accuse them of dropping the ball, of having an awful plan, and all of them would be justified, but to suggest that they would deliberately let, deliberately let Osama bin Laden get away so they could justify the war in Iraq... That will strike a lot of people as crazy."

Hinchey leaned back and smiled wrily. "I don't think it'll strike a lot of people as crazy. I think it'll strike a lot of people as very accurate." </div></div>\

Senate report says,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Despite the unreliability of his Afghan allies, Fury refused to give up. He plotted ways to use his 40 Delta Force soldiers and the handful of other special ops troops under his command to go after bin Laden on their own. One of the plans was to go at bin Laden from the one direction he would never anticipate, the southern side of the mountains. ‘‘We want to come in on the back door,’’ Fury explained later, pointing on a map to the side of the Tora Bora enclave facing Pakistan. The peaks there rose to 14,000 feet and the valleys and precipitous mountain passes were already deep in snow. ‘‘The original plan that we sent up through our higher headquarters, Delta Force wants to come in over the mountain with oxygen, coming from the Pakistan side, over the mountains and come in and get a drop on bin Laden from behind.’’
<u>The audacious assault was nixed somewhere up the chain of command.</u> Undeterred, Fury suggested dropping hundreds of landmines along the passes leading to Pakistan to block bin Laden’s escape. ‘‘First guy blows his leg off, everybody else stops,’’ he said. ‘‘That allows aircraft overhead to find them. They see all these heat sources out there.
Okay, there is a big large group of Al Qaeda moving south. They
can engage that.’’ <u>That proposal was rejected, too.</u>
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>About the time Fury was desperately concocting scenarios for going after bin Laden <u>and getting rejections from up the chain of command, Franks was well into planning for the next war—the invasion of Iraq.</u> </span></div></div>

Q

LWW
12-01-2009, 04:00 AM
Well ... if a politician from the opposition party says it, what more proof could you ask for?

The thing that amazes me about all this is that no matter how foolproof the case is made ... the left always manages to produce a more efficient fool to take the anti position.

LWW

Qtec
12-01-2009, 04:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well ... if a politician from the opposition party says it, what more proof could you ask for?</div></div>

You dismiss it automatically because someone from the opposition said it......very OBJECTIVE of you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The thing that amazes me about all this is that no matter how foolproof the case is made ... the left always manages to produce a more efficient fool to take the anti position.

LWW </div></div>

Evidence? Link?

The guys on the ground gave plan after nplan and they were all rejected..........its unprecedented.

The excuse that they didn't approve the plans because they didn't want to hurt Afghani's feelings is ludicrous.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At the time, Rumsfeld expressed concern that a large U.S. troop presence might fuel a backlash and he and some others said the evidence was not conclusive about bin Laden's location.

___ </div></div>

He lied, read the report. senate report is positive, OBL got away (http://foreign.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Tora_Bora_Report.pdf)

I predicted 8 yrs ago that GW would NEVER catch OBL. Why would you want to capture the Bogey Man that you use to scare the US population into giving you more power?
Q

Gayle in MD
12-01-2009, 08:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/30/rep-hinchey-bush-adminini_n_374640.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>On Monday afternoon, Rep. Maurice Hinchey (D-New York) told MSNBC host David Shuster that the Bush administration "intentionally let bin Laden get away" in order to justify the Iraq war.</span>

Hinchey is from a historically Republican district (though it includes Democrat-heavy in places like Woodstock and Ithaca) and his statement seemed to shock Shuster.

"Look what happened. Look what happened with regard to our invasion into Afghanistan. How we apparently intentionally let bin Laden get away. How we intentionally did not follow the Taliban and al Qaeda."

Hinchey alleged that bin Laden was let go because "the previous administration... knew very well that if they would capture al Qaeda there would be no justification for an invasion in Iraq."

Shuster, incredulous, pushed back: "You really believe that?"

"Oh, there's no question about that because the leader of the military operation in the United States called back our military, called them back from going after the head of al Qaeda because there was a sense that they didn't want to capture him."

Shuster began talking over Hinchey: "You can accuse them of malfeasance, you can accuse them of dropping the ball, of having an awful plan, and all of them would be justified, but to suggest that they would deliberately let, deliberately let Osama bin Laden get away so they could justify the war in Iraq... That will strike a lot of people as crazy."

Hinchey leaned back and smiled wrily. "I don't think it'll strike a lot of people as crazy. I think it'll strike a lot of people as very accurate." </div></div>\

Senate report says,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Despite the unreliability of his Afghan allies, Fury refused to give up. He plotted ways to use his 40 Delta Force soldiers and the handful of other special ops troops under his command to go after bin Laden on their own. One of the plans was to go at bin Laden from the one direction he would never anticipate, the southern side of the mountains. ‘‘We want to come in on the back door,’’ Fury explained later, pointing on a map to the side of the Tora Bora enclave facing Pakistan. The peaks there rose to 14,000 feet and the valleys and precipitous mountain passes were already deep in snow. ‘‘The original plan that we sent up through our higher headquarters, Delta Force wants to come in over the mountain with oxygen, coming from the Pakistan side, over the mountains and come in and get a drop on bin Laden from behind.’’
<u>The audacious assault was nixed somewhere up the chain of command.</u> Undeterred, Fury suggested dropping hundreds of landmines along the passes leading to Pakistan to block bin Laden’s escape. ‘‘First guy blows his leg off, everybody else stops,’’ he said. ‘‘That allows aircraft overhead to find them. They see all these heat sources out there.
Okay, there is a big large group of Al Qaeda moving south. They
can engage that.’’ <u>That proposal was rejected, too.</u>
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>About the time Fury was desperately concocting scenarios for going after bin Laden <u>and getting rejections from up the chain of command, Franks was well into planning for the next war—the invasion of Iraq.</u> </span></div></div>

Q

</div></div>

Jawbreaker: The Attack on bin Laden And Al Qaeda: A Personal Account By The CIA's Key Field Commander by; Gary Berntsen [/i]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The success of the Afghan campaign makes all the more heartbreaking the unnecessary failure to kill bin Laden during its endgame. Contradicting Bush administration denials, Berntsen writes that his teams discovered bin Laden and the remnants of his entourage in the now famous Tora Bora Mountains along the lawless, rugged Afghan-Pakistani border. U.S. operatives under his direction were able to call in precision strikes 24 hours a day and pulverize the remaining al Qaeda forces. Berntsen recounts very credibly how he and others pleaded with Gen. Tommy Franks and the Pentagon brass to put in blocking forces so that bin Laden and the remnants of al Qaeda's leadership could not flee into Pakistan. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>But for reasons that remain unclear to Berntsen (and, indeed, to this reviewer), the Bush admi nistration or Franks decided to depend instead on local Afghan warlords rather than put U.S. forces on the ground to block bin Laden's escape. The CIA and Berntsen, who had many years of experience with these militiamen, warned that relying on them, with their many personal agendas and family and tribal ties, would mean letting al Qaeda's leader cross easily into Pakistan. Ignoring their counsel was a huge blunder -- one we continue to pay for as we are taunted by bin Laden, who remains alive and well, probably in the mountains of Pakistan, continuing to inspire jihadists worldwide and helping organize the increasing counterattacks on the fragile democratic government in Kabul. Berntsen did his best to try to get bin Laden; many in Washington have yet to do theirs.</span> -- John Lehman, who was secretary of the Navy during the Reagan administration, was a member of the 9/11 Commission.
Reviewed by John Lehman

</div></div>
First In: And Insider's Account Of How The CIA Spearheaded The War On Terror In Afghanistan Gary Schroen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gary Schroen informs the reader upfront in an author's note that an officer of the CIA Publication Review Board characterized this book as "the most detailed account of CIA field operations as told by an officer directly involved" ever to be cleared for open publication. Indeed it is the details of how CIA went about establishing an initial seven man team (codenamed `Jawbreaker') and how that team deployed and operated in Afghanistan that makes this book so fascinating. It throws a spotlight on what has always been one of CIA's murkier corners.
Jawbreaker was established with admirable speed by CIA following the tragedy of 9/11 with a specific goal of going to Afghanistan and bringing Osama bin Laden to justice. As the book's title implies Jawbreaker was the first American force deployed to Afghanistan. The story of the organization, deployment and support of Jawbreaker reveals, inadvertently I think, what is right and what is wrong about CIA. Sadly it also reveals serious flaws within the U.S. military command and control system(s) that have seriously hampered the War on Terrorism. Be warned however, this book is not a sensation seeking expose, it is a sober account of how seven brave and resourceful CIA officers did their best to respond to the somewhat confused and contradictory orders generated by often ill-informed and mostly irresolute intelligence officials and policy makers in Washington.
</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Most crucially, Berntsen tells of cornering bin Laden in the Tora Bora mountains—and what happened when Berntsen begged Washington to block the al-Qaeda leader’s last avenue of escape.
</span> </span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>"Mr. President, where is bin Laden now?"

"I don't know where he is, he's hiding." I don't think about him." </span> </span>

Qtec
12-01-2009, 09:29 AM
The facts are that EVERY plan put forward from those on the ground to take out OBL, <u>was REJECTED</u>. As HISTORY shows, after the Iraq invasion GW Bush had <u>no more interest in catching or killing OBL.</u>
The only time time the GOP showed interest in OBL was just before an election....when another OBL video showed up.!!!!!!!

Bush VOWED to get those responsible for 9/11..... but when it came down to it, he didn't give a $#it.

That's a fact.

Q

Gayle in MD
12-01-2009, 09:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The facts are that EVERY plan put forward from those on the ground to take out OBL, <u>was REJECTED</u>. As HISTORY shows, after the Iraq invasion GW Bush had <u>no more interest in catching or killing OBL.</u>
The only time time the GOP showed interest in OBL was just before an election....when another OBL video showed up.!!!!!!!

Bush VOWED to get those responsible for 9/11..... but when it came down to it, he didn't give a $#it.

That's a fact.

Q </div></div>

Yes, that is a fact, and it is one of many facts, that prove that the Bush/Cheney administration was the most deceitful, illegal, immoral administration in America's history.

Those Americans who deny it, are Without Conscience.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
12-01-2009, 12:41 PM
I didn't get a chance to pick up a Sunday paper this week. Thanks to both of you for at least giving me an alternative to the comics!

Steve

wolfdancer
12-01-2009, 02:47 PM
the reply that you and Q received, was intended, I guess, to contradict everything in the reports that you both noted here.
How does anybody expect to be taken seriously, as some authority on a topic, after posting crap like that? More "microcosm of America" bs, maybe????
I haven't even gotten to lww's reply yet, but as I am eating my lunch...I may have to put it off

wolfdancer
12-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Q, thanks for saving me the trouble of opening "Rambo"'s post.
I was able to read your answers to that, while just catching the occasional wording from him...
You may have saved my lunch!!!!

pooltchr
12-01-2009, 03:21 PM
I find it truely sad and even pathetic that the lefties around here are so obsessed with the previous administration. There own party is tearing the country apart, Obama is going to tell us tonight that he knows how many troops we need in Afghanistan better than his own generals, the worst possible HC bill is being forced through congress, energy taxes are going to break the financial backs of the middle class, one in ten Americans can't find a job, many of them are losing their homes, and they are trying to dig up dirt on a retired president.

Pittiful!

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Ah, that would be truly...T R U L Y...as in you are truly ignorant...and stupid, and ridiculous...

This is Bush's near depression...Recall, jobs were hemmoraging for months before Bush finally left...warning of a global depression that would last as long as ten years...

Looks like Obama prevented it....

HOORAY!

Now, if we can just get health care passed, we can stop all the Americans who get sick, from addig to the foreclosure numbers...and get people back to work, which, is already under way, since the CBO has stated that the stimulus has created over a million and a half jobs...

Bush let bin Ladent get away....and his own words porve that he didn't care about getting bin Laden...

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>I don't know where he is, he's hiding. I don't think about him." </span>
That tells the whole story....he didn't think about Afghanistan either, that's why we're still trying to clean up that mess, along with all the other messes he left behind.

G.

wolfdancer
12-01-2009, 04:05 PM
I shouldn't even reply to your post.....but you inadvertently , brought up a parallel to the theme? in your post,
your team's total entrancement with the Clinton/Lewinski thing, well into his second admin.
Your man, Bush will be a topic of discussion for the next 100 years, or so......AND for the most part, it'll be on his admin, worst one since we broke away from English rule...and historians will be wondering how, despite his total ineptitude after 9/11, not to mention his "deer in the headlights", impression after Katrina, plus all the lies, and then the personal connections to a known terrorist's family....How did he get reelected? "Something was rotten in Denmark"
Don't take this reply personal...as I just like to write, keeps them synapses firing....I hope.
It's a reply to you, but I really could give a rat's behind what you write or what you think. If I wanted to grade grammar school term papers, I'd have studied and become a teacher....

pooltchr
12-01-2009, 05:00 PM
For someone who claims they don't care what I write or think, you sure do seem to make it a point to read and comment on every post I make here....

Steve

Chopstick
12-02-2009, 09:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah, that would be truly...T R U L Y...as in you are truly ignorant...and stupid, and ridiculous...

G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #3366FF">And you claim that you are not rude to people on this board.</span>

Gayle in MD
12-02-2009, 09:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah, that would be truly...T R U L Y...as in you are truly ignorant...and stupid, and ridiculous...

G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #3366FF">And you claim that you are not rude to people on this board.</span> </div></div>

No, I haven't made that claim....I claim the capability to give back as good as I get....In this case, I am on the reciveing end of hundreds of nasty posts from this idiot, then finally, I blast him.

All previous efforts on my part, to engage with him in an agreement to a mutual total ignore have been rejected by him....and a quick review would prove that his attacks outnumber my responses, by the hundreds, not that you would care to take any notice of that....

G.

LWW
12-02-2009, 12:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=LWW]<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The thing that amazes me about all this is that no matter how foolproof the case is made ... the left always manages to produce a more efficient fool to take the anti position.

LWW </div></div>

Evidence? Link?

Q </div></div>

<span style='font-family: Arial Black'><span style='font-size: 26pt'><u>&gt;&gt;&gt;CLICK HERE&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=291502#Post291502)</u></span></span>

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-02-2009, 01:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the reply that you and Q received, was intended, I guess, to contradict everything in the reports that you both noted here.
How does anybody expect to be taken seriously, as some authority on a topic, after posting crap like that? More "microcosm of America" bs, maybe????
I haven't even gotten to lww's reply yet, but as I am eating my lunch...I may have to put it off </div></div>

A quick review of this thread is proof of the peanut gallary's lack of knowledge on any given subject regarding the Bush Administrations multi failures, lies, deciet and law breaking.

It does answer one question though, posed by the British Press in 04....

"How can forty million people be so dumb?"

Reading the remarks from the right on this forum, answers the question completely. Notice....not one of them can refute Q.'s original post, nor my added links. I suppose, that is part of what happens to people's minds, when they watch fox, listen to limpballs, and fail to read books, or watch C-span.

G.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

pooltchr
12-02-2009, 01:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

I've been asking myself that same question for the last year!

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-02-2009, 02:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G.

Steve </div></div>

Glad you finaly woke up to your past stupidity...

G.

pooltchr
12-02-2009, 03:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G.

Steve </div></div>

Glad you finaly woke up to your past stupidity...

G. </div></div>

I'm sorry. Apparently that post went right over your head. Let me explain it for you. I've been wondering for the past year how so many people could have been so stupid as to vote for Obama.

I will try to keep things a little simpler for you in the future so you don't actually need to try to think.

Steve