PDA

View Full Version : O'Reilly Tells Huckabee, "It's not your fault gov.

Gayle in MD
12-01-2009, 11:27 AM
<span style="color: #000066">Typical, O'Reilly, changes his colors when a RW governor releases a killer who goes on to kill four police officers! </span>

See Video here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/30/oreilly-to-huckabee-for-c_n_374812.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A man with an extensive criminal past -- whose 95-year prison sentence was commuted in Arkansas nearly a decade ago by then-Gov. Mike Huckabee-- was being sought Sunday as a "person of interest" in a deadly ambush on four police officers who were gunned down inside a coffee shop.

Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer told reporters that Maurice Clemmons, 37, was one of several people investigators want to talk to and that he could not be called a suspect at this point.

In a news release, the sheriff's office said Clemmons has an extensive violent criminal history from Arkansas, including aggravated robbery and theft. Clemmons was also recently was arrested and charged in Pierce County, Washington state for third-degree assault on a police officer, and second-degree rape of a child.

According to The Seattle Times, Clemmons was released from the Peirce County Jail last week, despite facing eight felony charges. Clemmons posted $15,000 with a bail bondsman, who paid the remainder of the man's $150,000 bail.

In 1989, Clemmons, then 17, was convicted in Little Rock for aggravated robbery. He was paroled in 2000 after then-Gov. Mike Huckabee commuted Clemmons' 95-year prison sentence. Huckabee, who was criticized during his run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008 for the number of clemencies and commutations he granted, cited Clemmons' age at the time of the sentence.

After his release from prison, Clemmons violated his parole and was returned to prison in July 2001. He was released March 18, 2004, according to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette newspaper

Huckabee has released a statement regarding Sunday's attack. He does not directly address his decision to grant Clemmons clemency (click here to read Huckabee's statement in its entirety):

Should [Clemmons] be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington State. He was recommended for and received a commutation of his original sentence from 1990, making him parole eligible and was paroled by the parole board once they determined he met the conditions at that time. He was arrested later for parole violation and taken back to prison to serve his full term, but prosecutors dropped the charges that would have held him... Our thoughts and prayers are and should be with the families of those honorable, brave, and heroic police officers.

Officials in Washington state have not issued a statement explaining why a prisoner facing eight felony charges was able to post bail. Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire said she was "shocked and horrified" by the killings.

The four officers were with the 100-member police department of Lakewood, Wash. The city identified the victims as Sgt. Mark Renninger, 39; Ronald Owens, 37; Tina Griswold, 40; and Greg Richards 42.

Huckabee, who served as governor of Arkansas from 1996-2007, has a history of supporting pardons and commuting sentences of violent offenders. According to ABC News, Huckabee granted pardons and commutations to approximately 12 convicted murderers.

A study by the Arkansas Leader showed that between 1996 and 2004, Huckabee helped to free more Arkansas prisoners than were freed from all of Arkansas' six neighboring states--combined.

In 2004, The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette concluded that "9 percent of the prisoners who benefited from Huckabee's clemencies ended up in prison again."

Huckabee's pardons and commuted sentences as governor earned him extra attention during his bid for the Republican nomination in the 2008 presidential race. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>In 2007, Huffington Post published documents that contradicted Huckabee's story about the release of convicted serial-rapist Wayne Dumond in 1999. After Dumond was released from prison, he raped and murdered a 39-year-old woman and allegedly raped and murdered a pregnant 23-year-old woman before he was arrested and returned to prison.</span>
While on the campaign trail, Huckabee has claimed that he supported the 1999 release of Wayne Dumond because, at the time, he had no good reason to believe that the man represented a further threat to the public. Thanks to Huckabee's intervention, conducted in concert with a right-wing tabloid campaign on Dumond's behalf, Dumond was let out of prison 25 years before his sentence would have ended.
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>
"There's nothing any of us could ever do," Huckabee said... "None of us could've predicted what [Dumond] could've done when he got out."</span>
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>But the confidential files show that Huckabee was provided letters from several women who had been sexually assaulted by Dumond and who indeed predicted that he would rape again - and perhaps murder - if released.</span>
[Click here to read more Huffington Post campaign coverage of Huckabee's pardons]

In 2007, ABC News reported on the role that Huckabee's religious beliefs may have played in his decisions to support early release of so many prisoners:

"None of the prosecutors were ever told why Huckabee felt compelled to have a hand in freeing so many prisoners, though all of them speculate that his deeply religious nature led to a strong belief in repentance and forgiveness. In some cases, prosecutors say, evangelical leaders attested that a prisoner had found Jesus and that seemed to influence the governor's thoughts."
Huckabee is currently the host of the Fox News show Huckabee. On Sunday the AP reported that Huckabee was leaning "slightly" against a run for the US presidency in 2012.

</div></div>
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/29/multiple-police-officers-_n_373119.html

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Guess this wasn't the work of a liberal judge.....

Deeman3
12-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Of course you can't pay any credence to the Huffington Post but Huckabee was wrong as were the judges. You can't let violent criminals loose, you can't rehabilitate them and you can't do much more than elect them to Congress.

We have all become much too soft on crime with everyone thinking that, like the Iranians, thugs and criminals can be sweet talked into submission. There is never an excuse for a person with 8 or more felonies to be out on the streets. Three strikes was a good idea only some lost their political nerve. Aside from the violence these criminals do, the cost to house them exceeds a year what most will ever comtribute to society.

England had a pretty good idea in dumping them all in Australia. I bet we could find a sustinence island, give them some seeds and enough food for a season and just patrol around it. The multi-felony guys and violent ones would be sent there. They could gang bang to their heart's content, have gang sex, tatoo themselves all over and we would not miss them. We could then spend the saved money on schools and scams for Dodd and the others. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif The alternative is to keep turning more of them loose.

Huckabee was wrong, but there are many, many others who contribute to this.

Yes, in addition, this was the work of two liberal judges in Washington State. To allow a felon like this to skate is criminal.

Deeman3
12-01-2009, 01:28 PM
I was in Forrst City Arkansas when Wayne Dumond was accused of raping a local girl, the daughter of a prominent lawyer. He was castrated by a group of men, including two law enforcement officers, and later convicted of the rape. His testicles were actually on semi-private display for a while.

I later heard, after I had moved from Arkansas, that he had raped again. I guess the sherrif's fix didn't "take". I was surprised at his having been released but was told they had done so as some felt guilty about his castration. However the decision was made, it was a bad decision. Funny, I only saw Wayne Dumond a couple of times and he was the most weakling, sicky looking man I have ever seen.

A lot of local folks at the time tried to say he was not a rapist that the girl had lied. I guess the other rapes cleared that up. I wonder when he will be released again?

sack316
12-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Huckabee admitted he was wrong, and also explained the process behind the decision. But bottom line, he admitted his poor decision, got out there in front of it and didn't go hiding at least. So gotta at least give him some kind of respect for that.

I wanna know where the 2 judges in Washington are that gave him a bond, and the prosecutors from Arkansas who failed to file his parole violation in time to lock him up.

Sack

pooltchr
12-01-2009, 03:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I bet we could find a sustinence island, give them some seeds and enough food for a season and just patrol around it. </div></div>

Gitmo would work. Even if they escaped, where would they go...Havana? So what???

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-01-2009, 04:04 PM
For once, we agree. I've been talking about that Island idea, for years...

However, you have no proof that any liberal judge had anything to do with this fiasco...

It's Huckabee's fault. He had the final say...

G.

Gayle in MD
12-01-2009, 04:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huckabee admitted he was wrong, and also explained the process behind the decision. But bottom line, he admitted his poor decision, got out there in front of it and didn't go hiding at least. So gotta at least give him some kind of respect for that.

I wanna know where the 2 judges in Washington are that gave him a bond, and the prosecutors from Arkansas who failed to file his parole violation in time to lock him up.

Sack </div></div>

this isn't the first time he's done this...Huckabee has a history of this very sort of thing....

naturally, you'd prefer to hunt around for judges, as you righties think every judge who does anything questionable, is a liberal judge...but there is no way you can blame anyone but Huckabee...he did it, he had the last word.

He is at fault. The blood of those policemen are right on his hands. He also released THE man who raped Bill Clinton's cousin ...remember that?

G.

wolfdancer
12-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Gayle, the judge had to be a liberal; the buck has to stop somewhere....and since Huckabee is a Republican, and he has apologized....he gets a free pass.
On the other hand.....
President Obama has not yet taken responsibility
for the Ft. Bragg killings.

Gayle in MD
12-01-2009, 04:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, the judge had to be a liberal; the buck has to stop somewhere....and since Huckabee is a Republican, and he has apologized....he gets a free pass.
On the other hand.....
President Obama has not yet taken responsibility
for the Ft. Bragg killings.

</div></div>

Yeah, and he still hasn't taken responsibility for two wars, in Iraq, and Afghanistan, and for the Bush impedending depression...
which followed the Bush job loss crises, and the Bush unsustainable high cost of oil, and the Bush Chinese highway robbery that cost us billions every years in the trade market...and which Bush just had to chuckle about, since China held all the debts he ran up for eight years!

These people on here are worse than nuts, they're living in a self created fog, that holds no resemblance to reality.....

Someone wrote a book about that right?
State of Denial right about the time someone else wrote a book about...

Without conscience

Oh, and we cannot forget...

Fiasco

The Greatest Story Ever Told...

The book titles of the Bush administration, tell the story, as historians have already placed Bush about as low as possible...

Clinton, OTOH, was around 16th, of the best....IIRC....

Only the Lemmings around here cannot deal with reality...hence, their ignorance is stunning!

G.

sack316
12-01-2009, 04:22 PM
WTF Gayle? I didn't say Huckabee wasn't at fault! he is! He's made himself available for comment, which is the one thing I said he should be given credit for over the others involved!

And I didn't say a damn thing about liberal judges or anything like that. Where do you get this stuff from? Just like making crap up?

Let me try to explain again for those who lack the comprehensive skills:

Huckabee make a boo-boo. Huckabee knows it, Huckabee admits it.

A judge in Arkansas also pushed for his release at the time. He make boo boo too. I hear no commentary from him. nor do I know his political leanings.

Prosecutors in Arkansas failed to file papers on his parole violation there in a timely manner... which would have had the idiot locked up there still... even with the clemency. Prosecutors make a boo boo too. I hear no commentary from them. Nor do I know their political leanings.

Two judges in Washington state granted bail to the madman when he's up on 8 felonies, including rape of a child. These two judges make a boo boo too. I hear no commentary from them. Nor do I know their political leanings.

Nor do I care about the political leanings of any person mentioned above. They all f*ed up. Each and every one of them.

Now mentioning that other people f*ed up, does not exempt Huckabee from that list. He is as accountable as anyone else. But I do give him credit for not ducking and hiding (which again, does not excuse or exempt his F*** up).

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-01-2009, 04:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Now mentioning that other people f*ed up, does not exempt Huckabee from that list. He is as accountable as anyone else. But I do give him credit for not ducking and hiding (which again, does not excuse or exempt his F*** up).

Sack
</div></div>

That's good, because his F-up was the major F-up. His "I'm sorry" doesn't cut it, and the thread was about O'Reilly, telling him, it wasn't his fault...anyway.

G.

eg8r
12-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Not sure what the liberal judge comment had to do with anything but Huckabee should not be letting out known/convicted criminals early.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-03-2009, 11:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course you can't pay any credence to the Huffington Post

<span style="color: #000066">If you could find a story that was mis-reported, on the Huffingtonpost, then you could make such a statement, but you can't, which means that your opinion of the site, is strictly partisan. You really show your own ignorance, with such statements, but then, you've never minded looking ignorant....Arrianna Huffington, btw, has been a fierce critic of this administration FYI, but then, far be it from me, to carve a slither of reality into your right slanted, preconcieved, twisted opinions. </span>

but Huckabee was wrong as were the judges. You can't let violent criminals loose, you can't rehabilitate them and you can't do much more than elect them to Congress.

We have all become much too soft on crime with everyone thinking that, like the Iranians, thugs and criminals can be sweet talked into submission.

<span style="color: #000066">More partisan and untrue hubris, Deeman. You can't find one single person, in politics, or in the media, who has stated that thugs, criminals, or terrorists, can or should be sweet talked into submission. That whole BS talking point was just more of the Rove/Cheney BS coverup for thier failed, illegal, immoral administration, their own war crimes, and their own shame which they prosecuted against our country, when they ruined our reputation around the world....which as a side note, was even before they nearly ran this country into a depression. </span>

There is never an excuse for a person with 8 or more felonies to be out on the streets. Three strikes was a good idea only some lost their political nerve. Aside from the violence these criminals do, the cost to house them exceeds a year what most will ever comtribute to society.

England had a pretty good idea in dumping them all in Australia. I bet we could find a sustinence island, give them some seeds and enough food for a season and just patrol around it. The multi-felony guys and violent ones would be sent there. They could gang bang to their heart's content, have gang sex, tatoo themselves all over and we would not miss them. We could then spend the saved money on schools and scams for Dodd and the others. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif The alternative is to keep turning more of them loose.

Huckabee was wrong, but there are many, many others who contribute to this.

Yes, in addition, this was the work of two liberal judges in Washington State. To allow a felon like this to skate is criminal. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Another lie, which you cannot prove, and since you have no personal knowledge of the political views of the judges, you are simply painting a Republican misjudgement by Huckabee, into some liberal event.... You just like to paint every judge whom you find fault with, as being liberal, and on top of that, you paint all Democratics, as liberal, another false assumption....

Liberal, does not mean that a judge fails to impart the correct sentence...and in fact, only Huckabee, had the final decision, so unless you think Huckabee is a liberal, your post makes no sense at all...other than the Island Idea, which I fully support.

I am a Democratic, and I am for the harshest sentencing available, particularly for rapists, child abusers, domestic terrorists, like those who bomb abortion clinics, and kill medical doctors, and particulary for Dick Cheney, George Bush, Karl Rove, and Condoleeza Rice, and Donald Rumsfeld, all of whom committed treason, more than once...the number of lives ruined by them, would probably exceed the number of people let off of their sentences in any five years span of time...

And BTW, who was the "Liberal" who commuted Scooter Libby's sentence....???? After he was convicted of obstruction of Justice????

G.</span>