PDA

View Full Version : Gates, Mullen, and Clinton

Gayle in MD
12-02-2009, 02:01 PM
It was my pleasure to watch the testimony of Secretary Gates, Admiral Mullen, and Secretary Of State, Hillary Clinton, as they were questioned by the Senate this morning and early afternoon.

The marked difference between similar questioning, during the Bush administration, their typical stonewalling, out right lies, contradictions, illogical answers, and overall lack of command of the foreign policy subjects being discussed, was a stark contrast to today's testimony by the Obama Administration's Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Secretary of State, and Secretary of Defense.

I was more than impressed, I was thrilled, after such a long, torturous, extended example of people who were ONLY representing what was either politically effective, trying to mask a hidden agenda, and cover up for all the waste and mistakes which were famous during the Bush Administration, to then listen today, to the very well thought out, thoroughly honest, open, reasonable answers which were given, regarding the President's plan for the Afghanistan/Pakistan region.

I was greatly encouraged knowing that these brilliant people will contiue to advise the president, and stand with him as he continues to work to reverse the many mistakes made during the Bush Administration, a fact which they all addressed, at one time or other, and a fact which the vast majority of Americans already understand.

A very enlightening, encouraging experience, which gave me great hope for success through our efforts under our new leadership, in that very dangerous region.

It will more than likely be repeated this evening, and I encourage everyone to watch....

G.

Deeman3
12-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Have not caught it yet but will see it tonight if re-broadcast.