PDA

View Full Version : and the beat goes on

wolfdancer
12-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Global Warming (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/environment/2009-12-03-global-warming-adapt_N.htm?csp=34)
And the expected reply (a llotter disciple "statist")
"Apparently USA Today didn't get the word that the whole climate change thing is a farce and a lie, so why do you keep peddling such garbage. Pinko Stalinist Statists just want to run every aspect of our lives and this latest scam is apparently the best way for them to get there. We will fight you on this, lefties."

llotter
12-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Without God people are will believe most any fairy tale and the intellectuals like to think that they can 'know' the truth and are obligated to play God themselves. In the words of Hayek, that is a 'Fatal Conceit'.

pooltchr
12-04-2009, 08:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Pinko Stalinist Statists just want to run every aspect of our lives and this latest scam is apparently the best way for them to get there. We will fight you on this, lefties."

</div></div>

Starting to see the light??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

Deeman3
12-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Justification for those platform shoes the Kim Jung Il has been sporting for 25 years!

Increasing steroid use for kids so they will be above the new flood plain.

Star Bucks now has a reason to charge $3.00 for an iced coffee.

Q will now have a good reason to wear those wooden shoes.

Higher tide making it easier for illegals to float inland from Cuba.

Gayle may need that boat far more than even she once thought.

"Waterworld" will finally get the movie credit it deserves.

Old New York Subway System, New New York Aquarium.

Finally a way to get rid of those pesky Polar Bears who's population has ballooned since 1960!

Sarah will now not only be able to see Russia form Alaska but walk there while Polar Bear hunting.

Any more? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
12-04-2009, 02:20 PM
that was your most humorous post to date...kudos!!!
BUT I see my job here as only to report the news, not to make any judgmental calls on it....I leave that to our pure at heart, chaste, noble "Knights of the round Table" here to Pass their Solomon like rulings on.
Mentioning Solomon.....he kind of effed up himself....not exactly like Tiger, but adjusting him inflation, it cost him just about as much as it will cost TW.

wolfdancer
12-04-2009, 02:26 PM
I am copying down your daily sermons, so that I may share them with others, whom God has not touched yet, as He has you.
In fact after reading your very first post here, I commented to a friend...."I think he (you) were touched (in the head)"

Deeman3
12-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Jack,

I feel a little like Howard Hughes lately, not at having all the cash or washing myself constantly and not touching women but more in that I can't stop watching your movie, "Dances with Wolves".

I must have seen it a dozen or more times and watched it again the other night. DeeWoman thinks I am about to run out the door with all my guns blazing. Silly her, I couldn't carry a tenth of them at once! She caals it my Chick Flick but I counter with the massive violence in the buffalo and "Other" Indians slaughter but must fess up to the misty eyes when they leave at the end.

Wei Chumpa! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
12-04-2009, 07:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Without God people are will believe most any fairy tale and the intellectuals like to think that they can 'know' the truth and are obligated to play God themselves. In the words of Hayek, that is a 'Fatal Conceit'. </div></div>

Your noted hero, wasn't playing God?

How incredibly unaware of your own hypocracy you are.

G.

LWW
12-05-2009, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Without God people are will believe most any fairy tale and the intellectuals like to think that they can 'know' the truth and are obligated to play God themselves. In the words of Hayek, that is a 'Fatal Conceit'. </div></div>

Your noted hero, wasn't playing God?

How incredibly unaware of your own hypocracy you are.

G. </div></div>

Like the doctors were playing God?

How incredibly unaware of your own hypocrisy you are.

LWW &lt;--- Capable of spelling multi syllable words, with ot without spell checkers.

wolfdancer
12-05-2009, 09:28 PM
It was a pretty good movie....and now you have me interested in seeing it again. On a related topic....I'm now also interested in rereading "The Hotel New Hampshire"
I don't know if it is illegal to get a buzz from the second hand smoke of somebody with a prescription for medical MJ, but my friend Trish and I somehow ended up talking about some classic books that we read along the way....she couldn't remember the name of "her" book; somehow I remembered the chief character's name
Holden Caulfield...It took awhile, but we finally came up with "Catcher..." And then bits and pieces of "Hotel..." began to reemerge.
The family can't afford a real Grandfather, so they rent/bribe me for the day, every so often. Home cooking, and a chance to "hang" with their amazing 4 yr old girl, and her 7 yr old brother.
The occasion last nite was a local family that had the first
showing of their amazing Xmas lights, house decorations, that changes with the music. They will be doing this for 4 hours each day now until Xmas....a 20 min show, every half hour, from 5 to 9pm.
I'm going to see if I can video tape it....if I can find all the parts to my DVD camcorder...
The accept donations, earmarked for the local H.S. soccer team.
Today we went to the local mid school gym, where they were signing up kids by age groups for basketball.The 7 yr old assumes he will be the next Larry Bird, even though he never heer'd a Larry. Seeing as how Dad's 6'6", and Mom played H.S. basketball....who knows?
I even talked Mom into raising her hand when they asked for volunteer coaches. Her own playing days are a fond memory for her, I could tell...and she never thought of coaching. Now she is really excited about the prospect. When I was in HS, in the middle of the last century...girls could only take 3 steps with the ball, then had to pass. Now they come after you intent on a windmill jam.
What a great facility they have, and what a great turnout for even the grades 3,4 group....and even a program for the young girls. I must have missed out on the basketball gene, after watching these kids handle the ball and get a shot off. I was also impressed that the local HS team, including the seniors, were there to assist the coach.
Maybe it's just me, after spending too much time in the big cities....but I found the juxtaposition of the local sports team banners, hanging side by side in the gym...slightly, er, suggestive:
The Beavers, and the Trojans.....I guess one would have to be a d.o.m. to see a connection.
I went outside to get some air....and they have a great outdoors running track....so I decided to run a lap. It seemed like a mile long track, but maybe about a 1/8 th mile....I might have set a new track record for 72 yr olds.... (not quite there yet, but close enough)
All in all.....more entertaining then arguing with &*%$^@, on the CCB.