PDA

View Full Version : More morphine

Mr Ingrate
08-15-2002, 03:17 PM
I知 getting another opportunity to enjoy my favorite drug, morphine. It was one year ago I had my bowel resection and morphine dreams, although the really wild ones were due to my adverse reaction to chemotherapy and the large morphine doses I received at that time.

While the chemo almost killed me, it didn稚 kill the cancer. So, back to the cutting board. I go under the knife again on Tuesday, August 20th. This time I値l suggest they close the incision with velcro, just in case.

There is an outside chance that I値l avoid a bag, but if not, maybe I値l be able to clip my chalk holder on it. Yah, I have a chalk holder and I wear a glove too!

Now to serious stuff I致e got one 8 hour tape of the WPC recorded and part of the second one. Luckily, I should be home from surgery in time to pop in that last tape. I hope to have about 20 hours recorded and ready to send out by Sept 7th.

The first tape, which has early rounds, had a portion preempted by a tennis match involving Anna Kournikova. Maybe that痴 not such a bad thing.

In any case I値l be taking names when I get back, unless I become a junky.

Lester
08-15-2002, 04:10 PM
My prayers are with you Dave! You could send me the tape, and any extra Morphine you have. The thing I like about Morphine, is - you still feel the pain, but it's like happening to someone else. It's the darndest thing, and you're right about the dreams, sometimes morphine daydreams are the best. Get better soon. ***Lester***

Barbara
08-15-2002, 04:16 PM
Oh Dave!! I'm sorry to this!! I'll be thinking of you and your family. Hang in there, Big Guy!!

Barbara

Karatemom
08-15-2002, 04:20 PM
Hope all goes well. We'll be thinking about you.

Heide

Doctor_D
08-15-2002, 04:22 PM
Good evening:

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Having lost my lie partner to Pancreatic cancer in 1996, I am all too familiar with that which you are experiencing.

Dr. D.

jjinfla
08-15-2002, 04:29 PM
Be nice to the nurses Dave, without them the docs couldn't do a thing. Hope all goes well with your surgery and you are back to the keyboard better than ever. Jake

08-15-2002, 04:32 PM
I hope everything works out well for you. I'm not much at praying but I"ll say some prayers for you tonight. Keep a positive attitude.

PQQLK9
08-15-2002, 06:02 PM
"I am hurt, but I'm not dead
I am wounded, but I'm not slain
I'll lay me down and bleed awhile
Then rise to fight again."
-- Old Scottish Proverb

Hang tough Dave

Rod
08-15-2002, 06:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear the bad news Dave. I recall your stories from a year ago, while they were very funny, I can only imagine what you were going through. Morphine does have a way of bending the mind but might be a good thing in cases such as yours. Good luck you need some good rolls.

Rod

Vagabond
08-15-2002, 07:44 PM
Howdy,
I wish u a speedy and complete recovery. Cheers
Vagabond

bluewolf
08-15-2002, 08:16 PM
I do not know you well, dave, being a relative newcomer. I am very impressed though that you have a positive attitude and a sense of humor in the face of this scary situation.

May your recovery be swift.

bluewolf

08-15-2002, 09:27 PM
Good Luck, you ingrate , you!! I'm thinking the very best thoughts I can for you /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif (Don't be surprised if you start running racks, these thoughts are so good!) LOL
Luv, Lorri

08-15-2002, 09:44 PM
Wishing you well Dave. Our thoughts will be with you. Be careful with the morphine though.....

I had emergency intestinal surgery in March '00 and enjoyed /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif a self-serve pushbuttom for morphine. One night during my hospital stay I apparently decided it was time for me to go home. After pulling out all the IV's and partially removing the other attachments, I got up and made about two steps before collapsing into a nurses arms. BIG MISTAKE !!! /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif
To this day, I don't remember anything of that experience.

Troy

cheesemouse
08-15-2002, 09:46 PM
Mr Ingrate,
I hope you get the rolls....... good luck..

Troy
08-15-2002, 09:46 PM
Didn't log-in... sorry...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Wishing you well Dave. Our thoughts will be with you. Be careful with the morphine though.....

I had emergency intestinal surgery in March '00 and enjoyed /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif a self-serve pushbuttom for morphine. One night during my hospital stay I apparently decided it was time for me to go home. After pulling out all the IV's and partially removing the other attachments, I got up and made about two steps before collapsing into a nurses arms. BIG MISTAKE !!! /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif
To this day, I don't remember anything of that experience.

Troy

<hr></blockquote>

08-16-2002, 05:16 AM
Dave,

Knock on wood, I had my stage III resection 2 years, 6 months and ten days ago. So far things are ok. Yup, I'm with you. Hated the chemo, but loved the iv-drip cocktail.
That being said, the best drug is the one you get when you have the colonoscopy.

My heart is with you on this one brother. Fight the fight and kick it's ass!

If you email me your address I will send you a copy of my book to give you a little pool action while you recover.

Best of luck.
Bob Campbell
www.doitforthegame.com (http://www.doitforthegame.com)
doitforthegame@aol.com

Chris Cass
08-16-2002, 07:23 AM
Dave,

My thought are with you and prayers that everything goes well. I hate to see this happen to you. I was hoping it was all over last time. You keep things in great prospective. I don't know how you do it. I'm there for ya Dave.

Regards,

C.C.~~a friend

9 Ball Girl
08-16-2002, 07:37 AM
Hi, I hope you have a speedy recovery and may the Pool Gods be with you.

Wendy~~did I just type that? seriously, be well.

Kato
08-16-2002, 07:41 AM
Dave, may the pool gods side with you and may you get all the rolls. I'd say you deserve them, one after the other. My heart goes out to you and your family. Good luck brother.

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
08-16-2002, 07:55 AM
I'm praying for ya. Be tough.

08-16-2002, 08:06 AM
Dave,

So sorry to hear of your troubles. My thoughts will be with you.

Karla

stickman
08-16-2002, 08:42 AM
Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

WaltVA
08-16-2002, 10:47 AM
Dave - Wishing you a speedy recovery; you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Walt in VA

Rich R.
08-16-2002, 12:10 PM
Dave, keep your cue and the chaulk close by. You'll be needing them soon.
Rich R.~~~your in my thoughts.

08-16-2002, 12:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> I&amp;#8217;m getting another opportunity to enjoy my favorite drug, morphine. It was one year ago I had my bowel resection and morphine dreams, although the really wild ones were due to my adverse reaction to chemotherapy and the large morphine doses I received at that time.

While the chemo almost killed me, it didn&amp;#8217;t kill the cancer. So, back to the cutting board. I go under the knife again on Tuesday, August 20th. This time I&amp;#8217;ll suggest they close the incision with velcro, just in case.

There is an outside chance that I&amp;#8217;ll avoid a bag, but if not, maybe I&amp;#8217;ll be able to clip my chalk holder on it. Yah, I have a chalk holder and I wear a glove too!

Now to serious stuff &amp;#8230; I&amp;#8217;ve got one 8 hour tape of the WPC recorded and part of the second one. Luckily, I should be home from surgery in time to pop in that last tape. I hope to have about 20 hours recorded and ready to send out by Sept 7th.

The first tape, which has early rounds, had a portion preempted by a tennis match involving Anna Kournikova. Maybe that&amp;#8217;s not such a bad thing.

In any case I&amp;#8217;ll be taking names when I get back, unless I become a junky. <hr></blockquote>

When the goings get tough,the tough will get going.

All the best.BS

08-16-2002, 02:01 PM
Oh yes. Watch out for sharks! About a month after I had my operation I stopped by my pool room. I had complications and lost a significant amount of weight. I was barely able to keep my pants up (this weight by the way has now come back and brought lots of friends)and my walk was better described as a shuffle. Well, the sharks were knocking each other over to get to me to play...you know...for a little something just to keep it interesting. I lost a few jelly beans to someone. I didn't care, it was great to play. Every day I came by this guy was ready to play. Well, now that I am feeling better, and can now defend myself, this guy is never available. Gee, who woulda thunk it?

Eric.
08-16-2002, 02:41 PM
One Day At A Time. Just wanted to jump on the bandwagon in wishing you the best of luck in tough times.

Eric &gt;expect the worst, hope for the best

08-16-2002, 05:02 PM
Can you tell me what the resection is that a couple of you have been talking about. About how long after it were you able to eat partially solid foods. Thanks.

MikeM
08-16-2002, 05:19 PM
Dave,

I haven't read through this thread yet, but I assume I am echoing the many good wishes for you. I hope they get it right this time! If you can sneak a couple amps of Morphine or even Demerol save me some. I spent a week in the hospital a couple of years ago recovering from post surgery staph infection. Got Demerol intravenously about five times a day while they cleaned the wound and I came to understand how people get hooked on heroin.

Seriously, I wish you all the best with your battle.

MM

Ralph S.
08-18-2002, 12:58 PM
Good luck with the operation and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Ralph S.

Mr Ingrate
08-19-2002, 11:27 AM
I'm off to the hospital today, even though the operation isn't till Tuesday. I expect to be back within 7 to 10 days.

My heartfelt thanks to everyone for their prayers and good wishes.

Catch you later.

Kato
08-19-2002, 11:30 AM
Come back soon Dave. Best of luck sir.

Kato

Lester
08-19-2002, 12:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> Dave,

I haven't read through this thread yet, but I assume I am echoing the many good wishes for you. I hope they get it right this time! If you can sneak a couple amps of Morphine or even Demerol save me some. I spent a week in the hospital a couple of years ago recovering from post surgery staph infection. Got Demerol intravenously about five times a day while they cleaned the wound and I came to understand how people get hooked on heroin.

Seriously, I wish you all the best with your battle.

MM <hr></blockquote>

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Mike, demerol gives me "bad dreams", percodans have that time-warp continuum thing going on. I use Excedrine for headaches now, it does great for them. ***Lester***

08-19-2002, 07:12 PM
Ah Dave...when you get back, do you think you can stop that freaky head bobbin thingy...
Bob Campbell