PDA

View Full Version : Palin Charging for photographs!

Gayle in MD
12-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Now that really takes som nerve, to forbid the people who stand on line to get her to autograph HER Book, which they have bought, and then tell them they cannot take pictures with their own equipment, but must PAY her MONEY, for a picture, taken by her photographer! Wish I could recall the price, thirty seven dollard, I think it was, for the large one, maybe more than that.

Unbelievable! I know of no famous author, no honored political person, Persidents and others, and no entertainment personality, who has ever done something that damn grabby and greedy.

That baby looks more haggared and worn out everytime I see him. Social Services should step in.

G.

LWW
12-05-2009, 08:53 AM
And, as usual, Gayle has posted a spoon fed partisan half truth that has been grossly distorted to aid an agenda of hate towards all people who dissent from the demokook agenda.

A minimum cursory web search turned up the truth:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With expectations of a huge crowd in the Sioux City store, the following rules have been set:
* Wristbands will be handed out on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 6 a.m. Dec. 6. You must be present to get a wristband.
* You must present a Barnes & Noble receipt for "Going Rogue" to get a wristband.
* Maximum of two copies of "Going Rogue" per person will be signed.
* Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
* No posed photos with Palin.
* No personalization of signings of the books; Palin will provide only an autograph.
* Cell phones and cameras must be turned off and put away before customers approach the signing table.
Source: Barnes & Noble Booksellers</div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;OH DEAR!&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/article_795024da-ce79-11de-919a-001cc4c002e0.html)

These types of signings are a for profit venture and the goal is to sell as many books as possible ... which means the line keeps moving.

LWW

LWW
12-05-2009, 08:57 AM
And now, the death blow to yet another partisan rant:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Al Gore fans will have a chance to meet the man at 3 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 8 at Davis-Kidd Booksellers during a book-signing event expected to draw about 900 people.

The former Vice President and Nobel Prize winner will autograph his new book, Our Choice, which came out Nov. 3.

The 416-page volume is a follow-up to Gore’s previous, award-winning documentary and book, An Inconvenient Truth, and addresses environmental issues.

-- You have to buy Gore’s new book at the bookstore to receive a number that will determine your place in line.

-- <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Gore will not pose for photographs or sign anything else except his new book.</span></div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style='font-family: Arial Black'><u>&gt;&gt;&gt;OH MY!!!&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.tennessean.com/article/20091106/MICRO020701/91103015/Davis-Kidd-sets-rules-for-Al-Gore-book-signing)</u></span></span>

Ms Palin is owed an apology.

An honorable person, IMHO, would give one.

LWW

pooltchr
12-05-2009, 10:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Ms Palin is owed an apology.

An honorable person, IMHO, would give one.

LWW </div></div>

So don't expect one to show up here!!!!!

Steve

Qtec
12-05-2009, 10:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These types of signings are a for profit venture and <u>the goal is to sell as many books as possible ... which means the line keeps moving.</u>

LWW </div></div>

Total nonsense. The books have ALREADY been bought you idiot. If you don't have a book you don't even get to stand in line.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> * You must present a Barnes & Noble receipt for "Going Rogue" to get a wristband.</div></div>

Plus, even having a book doesn't guarantee you a signature! link (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t2gcapXTnuM/SxcOsKB1_9I/AAAAAAAAC5s/rgWndZE5xyQ/s1600-h/palinrules.PNG)

She just wants the money. When most of the country is suffering, she tries to sqeeze every last dollar out of them.
Q

Bobbyrx
12-05-2009, 11:34 AM
See above: Al Gore...or any other celebrity or politician selling a book. I guess any musician or group coming out with another "Christmas CD" or timing their release of anything "just in time for Christmas" would be guilty of the same thing. If any of these "authors" didn't want to squeeze every dollar out of the buying public, they wouldn't have book signings, radio interviews, or book tours. They would just write the book and donate all proceeds to charity.

pooltchr
12-05-2009, 11:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Total nonsense. The books have ALREADY been bought you idiot.
Q
</div></div>

Yes, many of them because the author is there signing them!!!

Steve

jayalley
12-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Hey, Q, at least we are giving her the money voluntarily.

She is not seizing it, like that jerk-off in the White House.

LWW
12-06-2009, 01:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These types of signings are a for profit venture and <u>the goal is to sell as many books as possible ... which means the line keeps moving.</u>

LWW </div></div>

Total nonsense. The books have ALREADY been bought you idiot. If you don't have a book you don't even get to stand in line.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> * You must present a Barnes & Noble receipt for "Going Rogue" to get a wristband.</div></div>

Plus, even having a book doesn't guarantee you a signature! link (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t2gcapXTnuM/SxcOsKB1_9I/AAAAAAAAC5s/rgWndZE5xyQ/s1600-h/palinrules.PNG)

She just wants the money. When most of the country is suffering, she tries to sqeeze every last dollar out of them.
Q
</div></div>

Take off your blinders and come to reality ... you are agreeing with me by arguing with me again.

LWW

LWW
12-06-2009, 01:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayalley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, Q, at least we are giving her the money voluntarily.

She is not seizing it, like that jerk-off in the White House. </div></div>

Gore just wants the money. When most of the country is suffering, he tries to sqeeze every last dollar out of them.

Actually, I don't agree with that ... but it's posted so Q can see how silly he sounds.

LWW

LWW
12-06-2009, 01:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These types of signings are a for profit venture and <u>the goal is to sell as many books as possible ... which means the line keeps moving.</u>

LWW </div></div>

Q
</div></div>

BTW ... thanks for the link proving Gayle's claim that you can't take photos with your own equipment.

I couldn't have disproved that part without your help.

LWW

dg-in-centralpa
12-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Most sports players charge for an autograph at a baseball card show or any promotion. I was at the Belmont several years ago and paid to get several Triple Crown jockeys' autograph on a photo I had to buy there. Politicians can charge if they want, I don't care, if someone is willing to pay for, so what.

DG - no big deal

LWW
12-06-2009, 11:05 AM
What really makes this all funny is that Palin isn't currently a politician.

She was.

She may be again.

She isn't now.

She also isn't charging for an autograph, she's agreeing to autograph however many books she can autograph in "X" number of hours. That's why I pointed out that the object is to keep the line moving ... the book buyer/autograph recipient is receiving an autograph "FOR FREE" with the purchase of a book. They are paying no premium above what a person buying a book the day before sans autograph would pay.

The real bottom line, IMHO, is that Gayle and Q are simply haters of anyone and anything which does not pay homage to the primacy of the state and the glory of dearest leader.

IMHO if the party, or dearest leader, tells them to hate ... they hate.

LWW

pooltchr
12-06-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm sure if Bill did the same thing, there would be overwhelming support (or perhaps overwhelming silence) form the lefties.

Steve

LWW
12-06-2009, 05:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure if Bill did the same thing, there would be overwhelming support (or perhaps overwhelming silence) form the lefties.

Steve </div></div>

I have no doubt they would gladly pay for a properly stained photo that they would cherish in the hope he could someday be cloned.

The hypocrisy of the far left knows no bounds and has no honor.

LWW

eg8r
12-06-2009, 09:29 PM
The Teutel's charge for a pic. Pete Rose charges also. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

When I went to see James Patterson he was kind enough to give pictures and autographs for free. He also was quite chatty with us when he found out that I grew up very near to his current residence (at least it was his current residence at the time).

eg8r &lt;~~loves south Florida and was a Boca baby /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Qtec
12-06-2009, 09:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Teutel's charge for a pic. Pete Rose charges also. \:\) </div></div>

..and they were ALL doing it for the money, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>same as Palin</span>. The difference is , <span style='font-size: 14pt'>they didn't quit public office to cash in on the gravy train.</span> Lets not forget her excuse for letting down those who voted for her.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> A good example was provided by a USA Today Opinion piece earlier this week, combining the two into “what this move really means.”

In USA Today's, July 6 “Palin’s Flameout,” we read:

"Sarah Palin’s surprise announcement Friday that she is resigning as governor of Alaska has spawned a thousand theories as to what this move really means.

Take your pick. Palin’s fed up with the news media and late-night comics turning her into a caricature and her family into a national joke. Or she is crazy like a fox, taking a clever, but risky, gamble to position herself to run for president in 2012. Or, she’d rather cash in on her celebrity than tend to governing. Or she’s getting out ahead of some lurking scandal</div></div>

If Palin was still in office for the next two years, things only could have gotten worse for her.
She wants to stay in the limelight and squeeze every cent out of her failed VP nomination.
So, we have the book, the bus tour,- LOL she takes the private sponsored jet- and the seedy 'pay me for the photo' crap - she is not Babe Ruth.

The lady is a tramp. She has sold herself.

Q

eg8r
12-07-2009, 08:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..and they were ALL doing it for the money, same as Palin. The difference is , they didn't quit public office to cash in on the gravy train. </div></div> So in your mind it is better to stay in office and line your pockets like Diane Feinstein is doing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Palin was still in office for the next two years, things only could have gotten worse for her. </div></div>So, she saw the writing on the wall and got out when she could. Now she is making more money than you ever could dream of and you are jealous.

eg8r

LWW
12-07-2009, 08:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So in your mind it is better to stay in office and line your pockets like Diane Feinstein is doing.

eg8r </div></div>

In his mind it is better to hate than to face reality.

Oddly he has shown no such anger towards either of the Clintons ... or better yet former speaker Wright ... over their book deals.

LWW

Deeman3
12-07-2009, 09:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dg-in-centralpa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most sports players charge for an autograph at a baseball card show or any promotion. I was at the Belmont several years ago and paid to get several Triple Crown jockeys' autograph on a photo I had to buy there. Politicians can charge if they want, I don't care, if someone is willing to pay for, so what.

DG - no big deal </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I remember that trip! DeeWoman still has the glasses and pins you so gratiously got for her since she had to miss that race.

Thanks Buddy. That was the only triple crown she missed attending that year and the things you got her made her collection complete. Not many people would go out of their way to help a buddy like you did.

Thanks, again.

I hope Sarah makes $100 million and does not have to sit around and listn to all these nuts anymore. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

pooltchr
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So in your mind it is better to stay in office and line your pockets like Diane Feinstein is doing.

eg8r </div></div>

In his mind it is better to hate than to face reality.

Oddly he has shown no such anger towards either of the Clintons ... or better yet former speaker Wright ... over their book deals.

LWW </div></div>

I seem to recall not too long ago whe honorable (?) Nancy P shutting down the house during some critical discussions on the business of the country so she could go out on a book tour. But that's certainly not as bad as a private individual doing it on her own dime!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

Deeman3
12-07-2009, 11:00 AM
I wonder how many average taxpayer's contributions are needed to support Nancy's over the top lifestyle in the House and in her extravant travel budget?

Anyone know?

LWW
12-07-2009, 11:54 AM
I hope Gayle is OK?

A person who <s>pontificates on</s> I mean <s>pimps</s> no I mean <s>preaches</s> wait, I know ... a person with such strong conviictions on accountability and fairness would surely have issued a retraction and apology by now unless they were under some sort of horrible duress.

LWW

LWW
12-07-2009, 11:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how many average taxpayer's contributions are needed to support Nancy's over the top lifestyle in the House and in her extravant travel budget?

Anyone know? </div></div>

That is completely irrelevant to the straw issue which has been presented by the OP.

Don't you you know that the inner party members know what is best and that we proles should simply STFU and do as we are told?

LWW

wolfdancer
12-07-2009, 12:21 PM
James Patterson is one of my favorite authors, in addition to Scott Turow, John Grisham, and Patricia Cornwell.
Who says crime doesn't pay?

wolfdancer
12-07-2009, 12:23 PM
if we told you, then we'd have to kill you. Some things are better "left" unknown

wolfdancer
12-07-2009, 12:41 PM
You'll be pleased to know that Sarah is still in the running....
Living the good life and training on:
"My family and I eat a healthy diet heavy in wild Alaskan seafood, moose, caribou and fresh fruit," she says.
I'm sure she is too modest to report that she catches her own fish, and kills and skins her own game.

I paid thousands for this exclusive photo, but glad to share it with the members here.
http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-CE712_palin__NS_20080829115851.jpg

Deeman3
12-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Yes, Sarah has always been a pillar of the environmental movement and hunting her own food has certainly not hurt her looks.

By the way, note from East Anglia, anyone sending in temperature readings please add one degree each month to their actual recorded measurements. We can't let this trend of global cooling get out of hand.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Remember that the doctoring of data is not so bad when the end justifies the means. It would not hurt if you would kill a few Polar Bears and dump them near a melted ice flow, the damn things are getting as thick as thieves around here.

sack316
12-07-2009, 01:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how many average taxpayer's contributions are needed to support Nancy's over the top lifestyle in the House and in her extravant travel budget?

Well, last quarter she spent $2,993 on flowers alone. $30,610 on food. $2,740 on bottled water. Her all together total expenses was $120,531.

So your answer is "a lot". Of course she is not alone, and I do give her credit for being the one to push for such expenses to be published online now.

Yet at the same time, as one of the people who spent en extended period of time without a job... and as one who is only not part of the statistic due to finding a part time job (note: haven't worked in two weeks, but am technically employed).... as one of those people I am gonna be biased against the spending, considering an individual that represents "us" spends more on water (for example) in a quarter than I have made thus far this year. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Sack

eg8r
12-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Wow, 30k on food. Only the best for our politicians. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
12-07-2009, 01:57 PM
yeah, a lot of catering, a lot of dinners and courting guests seems to be the explanation. Fair enough I suppose (?). But if I'm in congress, and my voters are struggling as most are these days, I think I might suck it up and brownbag it myself for a little while and return some funds.

Sack

dg-in-centralpa
12-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Dee,
It was no problem. I'm hoping to go back this year. If I do, I'll let you know. I paid the money for the autographs and I was sane, knew what I was doing, and didn't care. I would do it again. I once paid $300 for an autograph that I didn't get personally.

DG - paid good money for worse things than an autograph.

dg-in-centralpa
12-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Just had 3 inches of snow this past weekend. Don't you wish you back in the north?

DG - heading to Jamaica end of February

Gayle in MD
12-08-2009, 01:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See above: Al Gore...or any other celebrity or politician selling a book. I guess any musician or group coming out with another "Christmas CD" or timing their release of anything "just in time for Christmas" would be guilty of the same thing. If any of these "authors" didn't want to squeeze every dollar out of the buying public, they wouldn't have book signings, radio interviews, or book tours. They would just write the book and donate all proceeds to charity. </div></div>

That's absurd. It isn't what authors do. The signing is always complimentary, as are photos with the author. It's unethical, at the least, completely inappropriate. Yeah, that's it, unethical & inappropriate is all about Sara, she's now put a whole new slant upon the usual complimentary "thank you for buying my book" which is traditional literary world.

She stinkssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

Gayle in MD
12-08-2009, 01:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, Sarah has always been a pillar of the environmental movement and hunting her own food has certainly not hurt her looks.

By the way, note from East Anglia, anyone sending in temperature readings please add one degree each month to their actual recorded measurements. We can't let this trend of global cooling get out of hand.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Remember that the doctoring of data is not so bad when the end justifies the means. It would not hurt if you would kill a few Polar Bears and dump them near a melted ice flow, the damn things are getting as thick as thieves around here. </div></div>

Only you would expect us to believe there are Polar Bears in Alabama...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
12-08-2009, 01:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how many average taxpayer's contributions are needed to support Nancy's over the top lifestyle in the House and in her extravant travel budget?

Well, last quarter she spent $2,993 on flowers alone. $30,610 on food. $2,740 on bottled water. Her all together total expenses was $120,531.

So your answer is "a lot". Of course she is not alone, and I do give her credit for being the one to push for such expenses to be published online now.

Yet at the same time, as one of the people who spent en extended period of time without a job... and as one who is only not part of the statistic due to finding a part time job (note: haven't worked in two weeks, but am technically employed).... as one of those people I am gonna be biased against the spending, considering an individual that represents "us" spends more on water (for example) in a quarter than I have made thus far this year. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Sack </div></div>

Not being expert on the subject, I'd need to know if these expenses were in her capacity as Speaker, or as Representative of her state.

I'd assume, that the Speaker arranges for things like flowers for funerals, entertaining some foreign dignitaries, and providing for certain standard celebratory teas and catered affairs.

I'd have to see the occasions involved, and factor in D.C. prices, as well. Even I have spent that much on flowers for companies when planning events, or sending out sympathies. Far more, in fact.

Bottled water? That price also, as Speaker, is understandable, given the number of visitors, many of them congresspersons, and Senators.

I'll assure you, George Bush et al, cost this country far more than that during the same months, and he's going to be soon on the book tour trek, and some stupid people are going to buy his book, too. Wonder if he will follow Sara's lead, and charge his customers, the one's paying for his lavish lifestyle, for photos?
Wonder if Dickey boy will????

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

OMG! It's like living on a strange planet, just thinking that people actually bought Sara's book!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

And

sack316
12-08-2009, 02:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'd assume, that the Speaker arranges for things like flowers for funerals, entertaining some foreign dignitaries, and providing for certain standard celebratory teas and catered affairs.</div></div>

I'd assume so too. I'd also assume most of us would prefer to feed a homeless person for a year over a foreign dignitary having a pretty table with nice food and celebrity tea.

I'm not singling her out, just answered the question given. She certainly isn't alone in that type of spending. And none of it as any better/worse than another's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'd have to see the occasions involved, and factor in D.C. prices, as well. Even I have spent that much on flowers for companies when planning events, or sending out sympathies. Far more, in fact.</div></div>

May I offer my services as your florist? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Bottled water? That price also, as Speaker, is understandable, given the number of visitors, many of them congresspersons, and Senators.</div></div>

I'll pitch in some of my hard earned money on a tap and Britta Filter. In no way shape or form is spending thousands on the most abundant resource we have on this planet "understandable". Then again I'm one of those that doesn't understand why anyone goes and spends a buck on water

I'll assure you, George Bush et al, cost this country far more than that during the same months</div></div>

And that means it's OK now? Bad then, ok now? or what?

I realize the amount is but a drop in the proverbial bucket. But say we take this drop, and that drop... and eventually we have a pretty heavy bucket.

It's not just Pelosi. Boehner over $24,000 in catering. Hoyer over $1500 in bottled water. Clyburn $18,000 in food. Cantor over $24,000 in food and beverage. What these people are using to wine and dine and smooze over 3 months... I could live off of for over a year!

House offices spent $300 million last quarter on just such expenses. Water, flowers, doughnuts, pizza, etc. Unacceptable at any time IMHO, and especially (in your words) under conditions prevailing. Wonder if they claim to have 'saved or created' the jobs of water delivery boys, caterers, etc?

Sorry, but if they want something other than tap water they can take it out of their steady paycheck they get... at least while around 20% of us are struggling to keep a roof over our heads. What Pelosi alone spent on water in a month would pay my rent for 2 months.

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-08-2009, 02:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'd assume, that the Speaker arranges for things like flowers for funerals, entertaining some foreign dignitaries, and providing for certain standard celebratory teas and catered affairs.</div></div>

I'd assume so too. I'd also assume most of us would prefer to feed a homeless person for a year over a foreign dignitary having a pretty table with nice food and celebrity tea.

I'm not singling her out, just answered the question given. She certainly isn't alone in that type of spending. And none of it as any better/worse than another's.

I'd have to see the occasions involved, and factor in D.C. prices, as well. Even I have spent that much on flowers for companies when planning events, or sending out sympathies. Far more, in fact.</div></div>

May I offer my services as your florist? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Bottled water? That price also, as Speaker, is understandable, given the number of visitors, many of them congresspersons, and Senators.</div></div>

I'll pitch in some of my hard earned money on a tap and Britta Filter. In no way shape or form is spending thousands on the most abundant resource we have on this planet "understandable". Then again I'm one of those that doesn't understand why anyone goes and spends a buck on water

I'll assure you, George Bush et al, cost this country far more than that during the same months</div></div>

And that means it's OK now? Bad then, ok now? or what?

I realize the amount is but a drop in the proverbial bucket. But say we take this drop, and that drop... and eventually we have a pretty heavy bucket.

It's not just Pelosi. Boehner over $24,000 in catering. Hoyer over $1500 in bottled water. Clyburn $18,000 in food. Cantor over $24,000 in food and beverage. What these people are using to wine and dine and smooze over 3 months... I could live off of for over a year!

House offices spent $300 million last quarter on just such expenses. Water, flowers, doughnuts, pizza, etc. Unacceptable at any time IMHO, and especially (in your words) under conditions prevailing. Wonder if they claim to have 'saved or created' the jobs of water delivery boys, caterers, etc?

Sorry, but if they want something other than tap water they can take it out of their steady paycheck they get... at least while around 20% of us are struggling to keep a roof over our heads. What Pelosi alone spent on water in a month would pay my rent for 2 months.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"> WTF does that have to do with the price of Tea in China????

Why is the subject of your rent, even a part of this conversation? Do you really think that the price of Your Rent, where You Live, is a comparison for anything toat is bought and spent in Washington D.C.???? Because it itsn't.

You go out there and take a look at what we are currently spending to support the Bush Dynasty, and then we can talk about Pelosi's bottled water.

Penny wise, and pound foolish.

WE do agree on one thing, buying bottled water is pure stupidity. It really should be outlawed. Our Oceans are filled with plastic.

I'm completely disgusted with the way Republicans trash up our environment, too, and also trash any suggestion of cleaning it up.

Tree Huggers, eh? That's the Republican name for the environmentalists?

I think I do recall Deeman often using that phrase.

Hey, of all the sins committed by any politician, NOTHING COMES CLOSE to sending our kids to war on lies!!!!

Final answer!

G.

</span>

pooltchr
12-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Rather than trying to spin it, why not just admit that all of these people, on both sides of the aisle, spend huge amounts of money on things that the average American would consider extras when we are in tough economic times?

They all talk about saving money, cutting spending, and reducing the deficit, and then they spend millions on flowers, and water, and donuts.

We don't have fresh flowers in our house at all. They are not necessary. And when Washington tells us they need to raise our taxes, they need to show that they are being responsible with the tax dollars they are already taking from us.

Nancy didn't buy those flowers....we did!!!

Steve

wolfdancer
12-08-2009, 10:19 AM
she could have saved a few bucks if she bought these instead....
fake flowers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1U-vcuw38I)
I guess her and Di-Fi are the only ones on the hill spending $$

pooltchr
12-08-2009, 10:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">she could have saved a few bucks if she bought these instead....
I guess her and Di-Fi are the only ones on the hill spending $$ </div></div>

No...they ALL are...and we should ALL be pissed!

Steve

Deeman3
12-08-2009, 11:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD

G.

[/color</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Always happy to play the part of the strawman for Gayle. I don't remember specifically using the phrase but will just to keep it real. Treehuggers!!!Treehuggers!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I don't drink bottled water but have not hugged a tree recently as well but did see Sarah Palin sipping out of one a few weeks ago, OMG! She should be shot. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

Bobbyrx
12-08-2009, 11:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's absurd. It isn't what authors do. The signing is always complimentary, as are photos with the author. It's unethical, at the least, completely inappropriate. Yeah, that's it, unethical & inappropriate is all about Sara, she's now put a whole new slant upon the usual complimentary "thank you for buying my book" which is traditional literary world.
</div></div>

Is she charging to sign the book? No. Can you take a picture of her signing your book? Yes. The pictures she charges for are POSED pictures taken by her photographer. Yes, they all do it if there is a demand and there are huge lines, so more people can get their book signed. Joe Namath did the same thing a couple of years ago here with his book. Gore did the same thing. Now Pelosi's book was different. You could probably take a 20 minute video with her as long as the other 2 people in line didn't care.

sack316
12-08-2009, 12:25 PM
WTF does that have to do with the price of Tea in China????</div></div>

new catchphrase for ya today?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is the subject of your rent, even a part of this conversation? Do you really think that the price of Your Rent, where You Live, is a comparison for anything toat is bought and spent in Washington D.C.???? Because it itsn't.</div></div>

When portions of the money that I do make that could go towards rent goes to Washington D.C., it matters. When employers send off money that could go to hiring more workers, it matters. I'm sorry my rent is not an acceptable example for you. So just for you, we'll change that to the 14,000 plus that are homeless in Washington D.C. if that helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You go out there and take a look at what we are currently spending to support the Bush Dynasty, and then we can talk about Pelosi's bottled water.</div></div>

How bout we worry about both? All wasteful and foolish spending?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Penny wise, and pound foolish. </div></div>

All things considered, we should be wise when it comes to pennies, pounds, dollars, and more appropriate: fen, jiao, and yuan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WE do agree on one thing, buying bottled water is pure stupidity. It really should be outlawed. Our Oceans are filled with plastic.</div></div>

I think Australia just did something like this! Or at least a part of it. Will have to ask our residest Auzzie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm completely disgusted with the way Republicans trash up our environment, too, and also trash any suggestion of cleaning it up.

I think I do recall Deeman often using that phrase.</div></div>

What does that have to do with the price of tea in china? Unless it's bottled tea, of course /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, of all the sins committed by any politician, NOTHING COMES CLOSE to sending our kids to war on lies!!!!

Final answer!

G.
</div></div>

Yeah, that sucks. Still doesn't change anything about the wasteful and foolish spending mentioned here.

Sack

pooltchr
12-08-2009, 12:41 PM
You missed the point. As long as you don't get us involved in a war, and are a Democrat, you can do anything you want and it's ok with her.

Clinton cheated on his wife, and she was ok with it. But she sure is quick to jump on a pro athlete for the same thing.

There is no logic to her posting...it's just partisan politics...nothing else matters to her.

She is still hung up on the last president, and can't begin to see what damage this one is doing.

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-09-2009, 07:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD

G.

[/color</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Always happy to play the part of the strawman for Gayle. I don't remember specifically using the phrase but will just to keep it real. Treehuggers!!!Treehuggers!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I don't drink bottled water but have not hugged a tree recently as well but did see Sarah Palin sipping out of one a few weeks ago, OMG! She should be shot. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">LOL, if I cared to do so, I could pull up plenty of times when you used the word, "Treehuggers" to describe those of us who are concerned about the environment, Global Warming, Corporate trashing of the globe, etc., but the denials from the right on here are far too great to handle, and particularly when their most oft used self serving method is to deny everything they presented as regards George Bush's administration, for eight years of non stop denials.

You used it, babe, quite frequently....and this post of yours, just more of the usual denial from the amazing self-editing of facts, the facts your own written words, capabilities which have been proven to be perfected by the famous CCB RW posters of Amazing Denials Of The "Internets" </span>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<span style="color: #000066">The only thing more prominent than that, is the other RW forum method, distract and redirect the collective forum focus, from the damning documentation against the heroes of the right, often known as the biggest spenders in history, and most at fault for our current economic woes.</span>
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
12-09-2009, 07:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">she could have saved a few bucks if she bought these instead....
I guess her and Di-Fi are the only ones on the hill spending $$ </div></div>

LMAO! Well, as we well know, money spent on The Hill by Republicans, bridges to no where, Un-necessary wars, sold on lies, etc., all supposed to be money well spent. Yeah, it's all good, when the Republicans are in power, even if we're blowing money on the wrong war, in the wrong place, at the wrong time, after being lied into fighting it in the first place.

Now that we're having to deal with the aftermath of George Bush's new, extended, improved and expanded version of unsound Reagan styled...VOODOO economics, AGAIN...AKA, spending for un-necessary war, cutting taxes, avoiding oversight of the markets, and eight years of corporate theft....signing legislation for increased pharmaceutical coverage while failing to pay for any of it...and ultimately, running the country into an economic ditch, spending is now unreasonable.

BWA HA HA HA...these righties is de cwaziest people!!!

My thoughts go to all the businesses in the Washington D.C. Metro area, and the recession proof economy we enjoy.

I was at the Mall yesterday, and couldn't find a parking space.

Hey, this gal will never move South, for the cheap taxes, either.

LMAO!

I worked as an event planner, for a few years. I think I have a rough idea about the prices quoted in this latest RW effort to trash the Speaker, it's ridiculous.

But then, I always have fresh flowers in my home, usually on my beautiful Baby Grand Piano....Eat your hearts out, Bubbas.

But I have allowed the right to highjack yet another thread. This one is about Palin, charging those Americans who bought her book, and stand on line for hours, to get her autograph, forbidding any pictures of her taken with her customers equipment, and selling pictures to them instead....

Forget the fact that her own factsheet, clearly states that those in line will not be allowed to take pictures with cell phones, or their personal cameras...IOW, if you want a picture with Sara, pay for it....the right is busy as usual, highjacking the original point of the thread...trying to change the subject over to flowers and bottled water...LMAO!

It must warm their hearts to know that the Mooseburger, who promoted the famous Jet Lie about selling that big ol' bad, un-necessary aircraft on E-Bay for a profit, has her unqualified ass firmly planted inside a new, lavish, corporate jet once again, lol, along with all their other famous, historically documented, colossally poor RW taste in political character, intellect and eligibility, helped to put it there.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G.

Gayle in MD
12-09-2009, 08:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
WTF does that have to do with the price of Tea in China????</div></div>

new catchphrase for ya today?

<span style="color: #000066">Did you say, "Ya"???? Listening to too much Sara speak lately? </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is the subject of your rent, even a part of this conversation? Do you really think that the price of Your Rent, where You Live, is a comparison for anything toat is bought and spent in Washington D.C.???? Because it itsn't.</div></div>

When portions of the money that I do make that could go towards rent goes to Washington D.C., it matters.

<span style="color: #000066">Oh yeah? Then get another job.... </span>

When employers send off money that could go to hiring more workers, it matters.

<span style="color: #000066">The subject of marketing, money spent, and money earned from that spending, is not one that you want to get into with me, my friend.... </span>

I'm sorry my rent is not an acceptable example for you.

<span style="color: #000066">Hey, sounds more like your rent is not an accceptable situation for you, not me. Looking at the world through your rent prices, is a rather narrow overall view, politically, don't you think so???? Maybe, a little reminicing on your own past spending, and where it has gotten you, might be a bit more effective, don't you think so???? </span>

So just for you, we'll change that to the 14,000 plus that are homeless in Washington D.C. if that helps.

<span style="color: #000066">LMAO! Oh, I see, so now, this week at least, the right in concerned about the homeless? Ah hem, now would that be the same right which was against affirmative action? Against Acorn? Against the equal rights legislation? Against Tarp, (aka the diversion of the Bush Depression) Against spending money to stimulate the economy, and save and produce jobs?

Like I always say, the right want's it all....good schools, safe streets, wars of choice, and low taxes...BWA HA HA HA....as usual, all provided by illogical efforts to buy into unrowrkable Trickle down economic principles....AND...Without Conscience </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You go out there and take a look at what we are currently spending to support the Bush Dynasty, and then we can talk about Pelosi's bottled water.</div></div>

How bout we worry about both? All wasteful and foolish spending?

<span style="color: #000066">How about why weren't you worried about both, when Bush was selling the country on going to war in Iraq, while cutting taxes, spending like Imelda, and failing to cover any of it, and then wonder why the right is suddenly so spending conscious over unimportants things like flowers and bottled water, after having overlooked the biggest drunken sailor spending and borrowing in history, and voting AGAIN for liars and the big spenders, in 2004? And again in 2008!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Penny wise, and pound foolish. </div></div>

All things considered, we should be wise when it comes to pennies, pounds, dollars, and more appropriate: fen, jiao, and yuan.

<span style="color: #000066">Yep, and especially you should have been, since your living somewhere where you obviously cannot afford to live, and then blaming nancy )Pelosi for it! LMAO! </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WE do agree on one thing, buying bottled water is pure stupidity. It really should be outlawed. Our Oceans are filled with plastic.</div></div>

I think Australia just did something like this! Or at least a part of it. Will have to ask our residest Auzzie.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm completely disgusted with the way Republicans trash up our environment, too, and also trash any suggestion of cleaning it up.

I think I do recall Deeman often using that phrase.</div></div>

What does that have to do with the price of tea in china? Unless it's bottled tea, of course /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<span style="color: #000066">I happen to love that old quotation...my Dad used it all the time when we argued about politics...friendly debates after dinner, which I loved and looked forward to every night. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, of all the sins committed by any politician, NOTHING COMES CLOSE to sending our kids to war on lies!!!!

Final answer!

G.
</div></div>

Yeah, that sucks. Still doesn't change anything about the wasteful and foolish spending mentioned here.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">when the country is on the brink of disaster....the economy is in the pits, spending is a good thing to do...That seems to be beyond the capability of the right to grasp...when to spend, and when to avoid spending...some circumstances demand spending, unless we want to go over the cliff...

Nancy Pelosi spending on flowers and water, has nothing to do with my original post...but alas...I will never get you to stay on the subject, without degrading the thread into more off subject partisan nit picking...but that's OK, I still Love "Ya"</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
12-09-2009, 08:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Teutel's charge for a pic. Pete Rose charges also. \:\) </div></div>

..and they were ALL doing it for the money, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>same as Palin</span>. The difference is , <span style='font-size: 14pt'>they didn't quit public office to cash in on the gravy train.</span> Lets not forget her excuse for letting down those who voted for her.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> A good example was provided by a USA Today Opinion piece earlier this week, combining the two into “what this move really means.”

In USA Today's, July 6 “Palin’s Flameout,” we read:

"Sarah Palin’s surprise announcement Friday that she is resigning as governor of Alaska has spawned a thousand theories as to what this move really means.

Take your pick. Palin’s fed up with the news media and late-night comics turning her into a caricature and her family into a national joke. Or she is crazy like a fox, taking a clever, but risky, gamble to position herself to run for president in 2012. Or, she’d rather cash in on her celebrity than tend to governing. Or she’s getting out ahead of some lurking scandal</div></div>

If Palin was still in office for the next two years, things only could have gotten worse for her.
She wants to stay in the limelight and squeeze every cent out of her failed VP nomination.
So, we have the book, the bus tour,- LOL she takes the private sponsored jet- and the seedy 'pay me for the photo' crap - she is not Babe Ruth.

The lady is a tramp. She has sold herself.

Q </div></div>

Thanks for yet another reasonable, well thought out, accurate, documented post. That's what I love about you Q., you save me so much work around here...no wodner the right on here tries to trash you so much. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

G.

Gayle in MD
12-09-2009, 08:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's absurd. It isn't what authors do. The signing is always complimentary, as are photos with the author. It's unethical, at the least, completely inappropriate. Yeah, that's it, unethical & inappropriate is all about Sara, she's now put a whole new slant upon the usual complimentary "thank you for buying my book" which is traditional literary world.
</div></div>

Is she charging to sign the book? No. Can you take a picture of her signing your book? Yes. <span style="color: #000066"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Cell phones and cameras must be turned off and put away before customers approach the signing table.
</span> </span> The pictures she charges for are POSED pictures taken by her photographer. Yes, they all do it if there is a demand and there are huge lines, so more people can get their book signed. Joe Namath did the same thing a couple of years ago here with his book. Gore did the same thing. Now Pelosi's book was different. You could probably take a 20 minute video with her as long as the other 2 people in line didn't care. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Sara Palin is not a football hero, unless you want to count her passing of the damage she did to the McCain campaign, through her own stupidity, off onto the McCain political advisors, as the greatest Hail Mary Pass in the anals of history off as great football! Oh, but then, McCain's decision to select her in the first place would have to have that honor.

Bobby, <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cell phones and cameras must be turned off and put away before customers approach the signing table.
</div></div>do some research....you'd be surprised how much fun it can be....</span>

Gayle in MD
12-09-2009, 08:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how many average taxpayer's contributions are needed to support Nancy's over the top lifestyle in the House and in her extravant travel budget?

<span style="color: #000066">Gee, I don't think I ever saw a post from you with similar documentation while the Republicans were spending like drunken sailors, and Bush was digging us into a pit with his spending and unprecedented borrowing. Selective nit-picking?</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<span style="color: #000066">Yep, a huge improvment, and something that I would say indicates, "
CHANGE! Bush Era methods were to by-pass the spending accounting completely at every possibility, whether it was his prescription program, or his fake war necessity. </span>

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Under the conditons prevailing, I'd say there is no comparison between your circumstances, and what the Speaker Of The House spends to welcome voters to her office, organize and cover some comforts to her fellow representatives while late night legislative meetings are held in her office, and greeting and entertaining representatives of foreign dignitaries and American Cabinet Secretaries, in her office, not to mention the fact, that she is gainfully employed, and you are not, sorry about that, and hope that you will find work, in the meantime, Nancy Pelosi's spending, is not really comparable to your circumstances, nor will it have any effect on it, whatsoever, but your own spending, in the past, might! So....Unless you have an office which is burning the midnight oils trying to reverse Bush's Depression. legislate for covering all those Americans who are losing their homes due to unprecedented health insurance and medical costs, which are greatly affecting our economy, and which Republicans have no interest in addressing and also, ....close the gap between the rich and the poor, also part of the usual Voodoo Economic practiced by Republican Presidents, and keep the country from going over the Bush Depression Cliff, which was created by spending that occured during a time when I don't recall any spending nit picking going on around here by you or anyone else from the right...no real focus on it at all, and mostly, the right defending Voodoo economics, and bogus war....

Gee, how things do change for your guys, when suddenly your team is out of office!

G. </span>

pooltchr
12-09-2009, 09:31 AM
When portions of the money that I do make that could go towards rent goes to Washington D.C., it matters.

<span style="color: #000066">Oh yeah? Then get another job.... </span>

</div></div>

LMAO! Don't you ever make another comment about the right having no compassion for those less fortunate! Make sure you have your fresh flowers on your baby grand piano, and tell someone who is struggling to get another job!

What a piece of work!!!!!

Steve

eg8r
12-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Yes, the left on the board hate it when I say the poor need to go out and get another job but it is ok for them to say it.

eg8r

pooltchr
12-09-2009, 10:00 AM
What is sad about it is that she sees nothing wrong with our government wasting money on flowers and bottled water and tea and cookies, when the average American is working just to hang on to their home and feed the family.

I have often noted that those who work inside the beltway are completely out of touch with real life. It seems that trait extends into at least one of the boardering states!

Steve

DickLeonard
12-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Gayle how about this my friends son is married to Dave Brubecks granddaughter. Still going strong at 90. I missed his meeting with the President.

Bobby DeNiro,Bruce Springsteen, Dave Brubeck and a politician.####

Gayle in MD
12-09-2009, 11:59 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
12-09-2009, 12:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do some research....you'd be surprised how much fun it can be....

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

That was just precious being that you are the only one who didn't.

LWW

eg8r
12-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Let's keep this subject on the straight and narrow. Sara is in high demand and it makes perfect sense for her to test the waters and charge for a picture. If no one pays, then she could try doing it for free. The woman has no job and needs to earn a living somehow.

eg8r

sack316
12-09-2009, 02:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you say, "Ya"???? Listening to too much Sara speak lately?</div></div>

No, I don't listen to her at all actually.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah? Then get another job....</div></div>

Been trying. Unfortunately it took me ten+ months to find a first job which is also unfortunately only part time. So I do a buttload of side work on my own as well to try to get by. I make it, I get my bills paid. And have done so (even when unemployed for so long) with zero assistance. Some of us actually have to work to try to get somewhere, and so so on our own merits without many breaks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The subject of marketing, money spent, and money earned from that spending, is not one that you want to get into with me, my friend.... </div></div>

No it isn't. I generally prefer to have such discussion with other people that tend to have a clue what they are talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sounds more like your rent is not an accceptable situation for you, not me. Looking at the world through your rent prices, is a rather narrow overall view, politically, don't you think so???? Maybe, a little reminicing on your own past spending, and where it has gotten you, might be a bit more effective, don't you think so???? </div></div>

twist, twist, twist. It was an example. I don't look at the world through my rent prices. Could say my rent, could say your mortgage, could say single mom trying to buy groceries, or any number of examples. And none of them, for any person struggling, are less important than their representatives bottled water. Wouldn't you agree with that?

Funny, that if I griped about an AIG higher up spending money on bottled water and flowers, you're perspective would be quite different I'd imagine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, and especially you should have been, since your living somewhere where you obviously cannot afford to live, and then blaming nancy )Pelosi for it! LMAO!</div></div>

I can afford where I live. And if I couldn't, you're right that is on me. Nowhere did I blame anybody. But there are better places millions could go other than water and catering for our well-to-do representatives.

In the mean time I guess I'll just keep on working and doing what I can to get by. Maybe get lucky and have a nice lawsuit come my way.

Sack

Bobbyrx
12-09-2009, 02:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> do some research....you'd be surprised how much fun it can be....
</div></div>

I did and it was. And as usual it didn't take long to show how little research you did. Each Barnes and Noble has it's own rules and they are not the same at each store.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry but no photos with Mrs. Palin will be allowed. You can take photos from the line, but all cameras/camera phones need to be put away before approaching the signing table. Failure to follow this rule may cause you to be removed from the line.
</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> No overnight camping on mall property. Fans can start lining up at 5 a.m. for the signing, which starts at noon.

• Don't bring your own chair.

• Don't leave the line for extended periods.

• Don't take photos or bring bags onto the stage where Palin will be signing books.

• Get a nontransferable Mall of America wristband.

• Buy a copy of "Going Rogue" from Barnes and Noble at the mall or bring a receipt to show you purchased your copy at a different Barnes and Noble.

</div></div>

And what's amazing is, these same rules applied to about every other celebrity (or even unknown) having a signing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1) Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen will be with us for a limited time. They will only be signing copies of their book, Influence. They will not be speaking, reading or taking questions.

2) Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen will NOT sign any memorabilia or product other than Influence. There is a limit of one book per person, and your one book must be purchased here.

3) You will be directed to pay for your book upon entering the store and will be given a receipt for your purchase. Please keep your receipt. You will receive your book at the signing table.

4) Along with your receipt, you will be given a B&N wristband, and then directed to the event space on the 4th floor. You must have a receipt and a wristband to access the 4th floor.

5) Anyone approaching the signing table must have paid for the book and be wearing a B&N wristband. One person, one wristband, one book.

6) You will collect your signed book at the signing table. If you have paid for any additional copies, a staff member will provide you with those before you exit the space.

7) There is no photography allowed. You must put away your camera or cell phone before approaching the signing table. The authors will not pose for photos.

</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Al Gore, Nobel Peace Prize winner, champion for the environment <span style="color: #CC0000">(gag) </span> and now author of "Our Choice" will be signing copies of his book at the Borders on State St. downtown. "Our Choice" offers options for saving the environment and our future.

Wristbands will be distributed beginning at 8 a.m., and no photography is allowed. The signing is at noon.
</div></div>

LWW
12-09-2009, 03:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope Gayle is OK?

A person who <s>pontificates on</s> I mean <s>pimps</s> no I mean <s>preaches</s> wait, I know ... a person with such strong conviictions on accountability and fairness would surely have issued a retraction and apology by now unless they were under some sort of horrible duress.

LWW </div></div>

Well ... she has finally proven me wrong.

Here I thought he actually believed in honesty.

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-10-2009, 09:46 AM
You really are funny, Sack, and without any true honor, IMO.

I never relied on any law suits to get where I am today. I've been working since I was ten years old, worked all the way through Jr. High school, high school, and my adult life, which includes making my own money for my education, and my daughters's education, and without any government hand outs, or loans.

Nothing I have was handed to me, and I have never taken a penny of profit from anyone, not the Gov, not my family and not from any law suit. My husband and I have worked together for everything we have, and I fully enjoy, as well I should, knowing that we managed to build a great life together, and did so while raising three orphans, and our own daughter.

As for your ideas about marketing, Marketing has been my job description for over forty years, but I'm sure there is nothing that you could learn from me.

Have a nice day, and good luck with finding a job which suits you well enough that you won't be all about blaming your circumstances on ridiculous accusations about what others spend to do their own job.

You have a great deal to learn about life, and apparently, also about yourself.

Good luck.

G.

pooltchr
12-10-2009, 01:19 PM
So you are fine with politicians flying private jets all over the world,generating more greenhouse gas in an effort to find ways to prevent the rest of us from doing the same thing, spending money on cut flowers, bottled water, and who knows what else...but you scream bloody murder if the CEO of a large corporation does the same thing?

Am I getting this right?

Steve

sack316
12-10-2009, 08:03 PM
ummm, I didn't say you did/didn't dear.

And indeed, I do have much to learn about life and myself. As do we all. He/she that believes they don't are truly the most ignorant of people.

And btw, you know damn well I don't blame my circumstances on anybody but myself. Which has been evident in many of my posts as well as some personal communication we have had. Me saying someone in office wasting a ridiculous amount of money on something, is nowhere near the equivalent of saying "it's their fault I'm in this spot". But then again, you comprehension skills have seemed very limited as of late, so I don't blame you for your misinterpretation.

Sack

p.s. whatsup with the no honor comment?

Gayle in MD
12-11-2009, 01:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And that means it's OK now? Bad then, ok now? or what?
</div></div>

This will be my last attempt to address your above statement.

When the economy is facing the deepest recession, near depression, and our job market, and citizens are being negatively impacted by:

Costs of importing foreign oil, both in terms of financial costs, and foreign threats.

Costs of health care, and health insurance, rising to unsustainable levels, and causing 62% of those in foreclosure, to lose their homes.

And, when bankcs are about to go under, as they were under Bush's watch, and the entire Financial global market is teetering on the edge of collapse, predicted to last as long as a decade...

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY OUT! A country HAS TO SPEND!

Bush spent, borrowed, cut taxes, ignored the warnings of the coming economic crash, put our c ountry into a range of no win disasters.

YES! Obama's spending cannot be compared to George Bush's spending, warring, cutting taxes, ignoring corruption in th3e markets, and borrowing and lying his way out of all of it.

There is no comparison, between spending to created Amreicans jobs, with renewable fuels, addressing the unsustainable costs of health care, and health insurance, and stimulating Bush's collapsed economy, and ending Bush's two failures in the Middle East, and managing to get out without further destroying our honor,,,,,and the Spending Bush did, without accounting for either his spending, or including the costs of his war, as he cut taxes, grew the government, and fail to oversee the economic and financial condistions which he left this country struggling with.

Also, I don't appreciate your insinuation, and clearly, that is what is was, which you have aiimed at me, that I have gotten where I am from launching law suits, for profit. That's a lie, and although you will probably deny that that was your intention, just as you deny Bush's multi disasters and his failed administration, illegal, immoral, dishonest, and destructive....we both know that was your intent.

G.

pooltchr
12-11-2009, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Obama's spending cannot be compared to George Bush's spending,
G. </div></div>

You got that right. Obama appears to have every intention of putting Bush to shame when it comes to spending the taxpayers (and their kids and grand kids) money.

You go ahead and be proud of your leader. Continue to go on in such glowing terms about what a great speaker he is, and how he is the savior of the world. And when you can no longer recognize our once great country, be sure to lead the standing ovation for the worst president to ever occupy the white house.

You just don't have a clue. It's sad,

Steve
Steve

sack316
12-11-2009, 11:39 PM
not only not comprehending, but now also paranoid and delusional as well? Trifecta has been hit.

Point to any one instance of me denying "(bush's) multi disasters and his failed administration, illegal, immoral, dishonest, and destructive...). Just one.

And no, I don't have a clue as to what you refer to as my intent of aiming something at you. If I were, it would be clear, much like the first sentence of this reply. Now what are you talking about?

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-12-2009, 09:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not only not comprehending, but now also paranoid and delusional as well? Trifecta has been hit.

<span style="color: #000066"> I've never been stupid enough to become addicted to any substances...but I have studied addiction over the course of my life, and the psychology of addiction, in an effort to help others who did not make that "Decision to think" through their own travels through life, so I'd say you probably are far more knowledgable about paranoid delusion, than I am, since I have never sought to medicate myself in order to deal with life. </span>

Point to any one instance of me denying "(bush's) multi disasters and his failed administration, illegal, immoral, dishonest, and destructive...). Just one.

<span style="color: #000066">I point to the absence of what is currently your non stop nit picking over Democratic spending, although while Bush and Republicans were spending us into obvilion, posts on the subject surely lacked your current outrage, and nit picking, was practically non existant.

If there are posts written by where you were outraged over Bush's spending and borrowing, and the blanck check Republican majority which allowed it to go on, unregulated, do show them to me, because I surely do not recall thesame voice coming from you at that time. I think if anyone is delusional, it's you.

As for paranoid, I'd say those who thought we'd find WMD's in Iraq, have more than proven their paranoia.

Just show me a post like this written by you regarding Republican spending, Sack, just one post of outrage, aimed at the Republicans, the Republican Speaker of the HOuse, the Republican President, the Republican majority, just one damn post!

What a hypocrite!

Forgive me if I find that phenomneon incredibly small minded, given your lack of outrage over years while these massive debts were being accumulated by Bush and the Repubs, and the corporations were ruining the lives of average AMericans, while you righties were responding to every attack I made against these corporate fascist pigs, accuisng me of being against a Free Market, now look where we are, and I must say, blaming Acorn or the Community Reinvestmennt Program, is too funny for words.

</span>

And no, I don't have a clue as to what you refer to as my intent of aiming something at you. If I were, it would be clear, much like the first sentence of this reply. Now what are you talking about?

Sack </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the mean time I guess I'll just keep on working and doing what I can to get by. Maybe get lucky and have a nice lawsuit come my way.

Sack
</div></div> <span style="color: #000066"> What are YOU talking about? This is the second time you have used that insinuation, is there a reason why you continue to do so?

G.</span>

pooltchr
12-12-2009, 11:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ [color:#000066]when the country is on the brink of disaster....the economy is in the pits, spending is a good thing to do... </div></div>

Possibly the most ignorant comment I have ever seen on this forum!

Steve

sack316
12-12-2009, 11:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I've never been stupid enough to become addicted to any substances...but I have studied addiction over the course of my life, and the psychology of addiction, in an effort to help others who did not make that "Decision to think" through their own travels through life, so I'd say you probably are far more knowledgable about paranoid delusion, than I am, since I have never sought to medicate myself in order to deal with life. </div></div>

That paragraph right there tells me enough to know you are lying. Well, lie may be too strong of a word. But it's enough to know that you either didn't study addiction, or that IF you did you did not retain anything of medical value from your studies. But nice try.

And also you should keep in mind you are calling at least 2 friends of yours on here that I know of "stupid" as well.

Sack

LWW
12-12-2009, 02:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY OUT! A country HAS TO SPEND!

G. </div></div>

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly you parrot dearest leader's latest ramblings.

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-13-2009, 01:02 PM
I don't have to lie about anything, and to answer your rude statement, I'd say you have never made a study of psychology, otherwise, you'd understand that addiction requires some participation before it can become an addiction.

I am not calling anyone else stupid, I am saying that being well adjusted, means that we think things through. Thinking things through leads to the correct decisions in life. Weighing consequences, is what well adjusted people do.

Becoming well adjusted require thinking, and analizing ones actions, and reactions.

In my world, I would call myself stupid, if I allowed myself to develop a dependency on addictive street drugs, for example. I'd also call myself stupid, if I had a habit of drinking myself into obvivion, without any concern for my health, my safety and the safety of others.

Addiction is not like the flu, you don't just catch it.

I get a bit disgusted when people want to give others a big bye for their poor behavior, just by labeling it with the word, addiction.

Sex addicts, drugs, alcohol, food, all can become addictions, but the underlying psychology of the person, plays a determining factor.

People who have done their work on themselves, throughout their lives, understand how to look after themselves.
All three aspect of their personality are well integrated, the child, parent and adult....most people are lacking in one of those three categories. There is a whole range of psychological neurosis, but one cannot begin to discuss any of them, without first understanding the role of decision making.

Don't bother anwering as you obviously don't understand any of this.

G.

G.

LWW
12-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Well ... I've waited long enough.

Now it's time for the stake through the heart of Gayle's rant:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON — If you have spare tickets for Sen. Barack Obama's book-tour stop in Seattle next week, Zee Triplett is hoping you find her Internet ad.

Because Obama is a sellout in Seattle. Triplett, 26, had <span style='font-size: 14pt'>called to buy tickets for the senator's appearance Thursday at 2,500-seat Benaroya Hall. But the tickets for the Illinois Democrat's visit, part of his book tour to promote "The Audacity of Hope," were gone in minutes. The same for events in Boston and Philadelphia.</span> ...

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., will appear 6-8 p.m. Thursday at Benaroya Hall, where he will give a speech [<span style='font-size: 14pt'>i]and sign copies of his new book, "The Audacity of Hope." The event is sold out.[/i]</span> ...

In Seattle, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>the Obama faithful are offering up to $50 each on Craigslist for an Obama ticket. A seller on eBay advertised a ticket to hear the senator speak for $125.</span> ...

Chad Bronstein, an employment recruiter, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>arrived at the Elliott Bay Book Co. too late to buy a couple of $5 tickets.</span> "My wife was pretty distraught," he said.

"I said there's always a price for everything, right? <span style='font-size: 14pt'>So I went on Craigslist and typed in Barack Obama, and I saw a bunch of people trying to buy tickets for $10 and $20," Bronstein said. "So I put it for $30."</span></div></div>
<span style='font-size: 26pt'><u>&gt;&gt;&gt;YET ANOTHER RANT SHEDS IT'S LIFEBLOOD ON THE BLADE OF TRUTH&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003315598_obama21.html)</u></span>

LWW &lt;&lt;&lt;--- SLAYING LIBERAL MYTHOLOGY SINCE 1980.

eg8r
12-14-2009, 11:40 AM
LOL, crime pays well. I really like Patterson's books just wish there was some more meat (Robert Ludlum style). It seems to take about 30 to 45 seconds to blow through a chapter. In two and half hours you can read an entire book of his. It was cool to meet him and chat with him for a few minutes.

eg8r &lt;~~~thinks Patterson would have let us take a pic with him for free. I am not being biased, I am just saying...

eg8r
12-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Sack she knows you take responsibility but she was losing ground and needed to attack you in hopes you would lay off. You see her silver spoon fits perfectly and she looks down on those who have less than her.

It is a bit ironic though, she blames you for your financial problems and tells you to get a second job all the while she is riling for your tax money to pay for the healthcare of all those Americans who for some reason are not responsible for their own financial problems. You are probably right, that may or may not have been the correct use of the word ironic. There I go trying to expand my vocabulary. Let's just call it hypocrisy.

Who here cannot wait to see the post from gaylio stating she has dropped her expensive healthcare plan in support of the Public option?

eg8r &lt;~~~I know it when I see it

pooltchr
12-14-2009, 01:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Who here cannot wait to see the post from gaylio stating she has dropped her expensive healthcare plan in support of the Public option?

eg8r &lt;~~~I know it when I see it </div></div>

It won't happen before all the members of congress who force this bill down our throats do the same thing! (Unless Obama tells her she needs to do it, in which case, she would do it without a second thought!)

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-15-2009, 07:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I've never been stupid enough to become addicted to any substances...but I have studied addiction over the course of my life, and the psychology of addiction, in an effort to help others who did not make that "Decision to think" through their own travels through life, so I'd say you probably are far more knowledgable about paranoid delusion, than I am, since I have never sought to medicate myself in order to deal with life. </div></div>

That paragraph right there tells me enough to know you are lying. Well, lie may be too strong of a word. But it's enough to know that you either didn't study addiction, or that IF you did you did not retain anything of medical value from your studies. But nice try.

And also you should keep in mind you are calling at least 2 friends of yours on here that I know of "stupid" as well.

Sack </div></div>

I'm lying? What am I lying about? Now, you've launched an accusation, so do back it up, for once.

You are delusional if you think that the failure to think things through, the need for immediate gratification, without thinking things through, is not part and parcel of the phenomenon of addiction.

Putting off instant gratification for more important long range goals....necessary to break any addiction. In fact, the hallmark of maturity, and a well evolved individual.

Don't call me a liar when I was clarly addressing your silly blame game, blaming what Nancy Pelosi spends on your situation with rent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When portions of the money that I do make that could go towards rent goes to Washington D.C., it matters.

</div></div>

g.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> When portions of the money that I do make that could go towards rent goes to Washington D.C., it matters.

</div></div>

That's what you wrote. That isn't blaming government, or to be more specific, linking your taxes, to your rental costs, and then to your attack about what nancy Pelosi spends to run her office, next in line to the presidency if both the President, and VP were to be assassinated?

Get Real!

G.

pooltchr
12-15-2009, 08:28 AM
He wasn't blaming anyone. He was simply pointing out the hypocracy people like Nancy display.

You of all people, should recognize that middle America is struggling economically. To them, the important things are paying the rent, buying food, and finding or keeping a job.

Yet our leaders live a life of luxury, <u>on our tax dollars</u>, spending money on things that are not <u>necessary</u> to the operation of their office. Oh yes, they may be nice, but they are NOT NECESSARY. So there is some frustration when middle America is working to provide the necessities for their family, and our representatives in Washington are taking money from us and spending it on luxury items.

But then, you can have your "let them eat cake" attitude. You are more like the Washington elitists than anything close to middle America. You, and they, are totally out of touch with reality.

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-15-2009, 09:06 AM
I don't have to bother reading your posts. More of your hypocritical BS, no doubt.

None of you righties had a problem with the Republicans who spent this country into the worst deficits in history, and now that we had no choice but to spend money to stabalize the banks, and keep the global market from collapsing, the same idiots who voted for Bush twice, think they can suddenly become the fiscal nit pickers, which they completely failed to be for the entire eight years that Bush was launching war, cutting taxes, borrowing us into oblivion, and failing to heed warning after warning, first of the 9/11 attack, which he did absolutely nothing to prevent, then ignoring all the foreign policy experts, who told him he was making a huge mistake by invading Iraq, his war of choice, which he lied this country into fighting, and then, the specific warnings about the financial instruments which Wall Street used to scam the entire American public of their investments, so stuff it. You people from the right were part and parcel of the mess we're in right now, you created it, with your pompous arrogant wish to dictate to the rest of the country according to your religious beliefs, and with your misguided votes for the mnulti Bush disasters...wehich you continued to support with denial after denial.

You were used by a bunch of hypocrits who pretend to be Christians, while they're out tapping their toes in bathroom stalls, screwing around on their wives, outing covert agents, breaking the laws of our country, ruining our honor, and dividing the country for political gain.

Then when times get tough, we have to put up with this genius proposition that times wouldn't be tough if Nancy Pelosi wasn't buying bottled water and sending flowers around the world for weddings and funerals, and sending out for pizza during late night efforts to get this country back on track, after Bush and the Republicans blew Bill Clinton's surplus and sent the country into a tail spin....part of her job description.

This has to be one of the most laughable threads I've ever read on here, and you, of all people, shouldn't talk about economics, after saying that DEBTS DON'T MATTER for eight years!

G.

pooltchr
12-15-2009, 09:17 AM
While I don't agree with your attempts to promote government spending as a way to stimulate the economy, if that is your arguement, try to answer this.

How does Nancy spending thousands on flowers stimulate the economy? Oh wait. I know! It is her spending that is keeping the florist industry thriving!

You're right. Yeah, Nancy! The savior of the little people!!!

Steve

LWW
12-15-2009, 10:34 AM
I am seriously disappointed.

You have allowed the queen bat to take a thread which has exposed her as starting yet another rant full of lies, half truths, innuendo, and hate ad allowed her to spin it into a rant where you are now the topic.

The thread ... started by Gayle ... is a rant that somehow Palin's conduct on the book signing tour is at the very least unethical.

When shown that Gore and Obama and Clinton followed the same rules and procedures she has lashed out and flailed blindly seeking anyone or anything to now be the topic ... instead of her exposure as a parrot for leftist hate filled ideology.

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-15-2009, 10:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I've never been stupid enough to become addicted to any substances...but I have studied addiction over the course of my life, and the psychology of addiction, in an effort to help others who did not make that "Decision to think" through their own travels through life, so I'd say you probably are far more knowledgable about paranoid delusion, than I am, since I have never sought to medicate myself in order to deal with life. </div></div>

Sack </div></div>

You want to whine and cry???? OK, I'll give you something to cry about!

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20080331/cost_of_war

And this was just in 06. Gee, where was all your outrage and nit picking, and penny pinching, back then, Sack?

We wouldn't be in the mess we're in right now, if you righties hadn't been too busy drinking cool aid for eight years. while Bush and Cheney were squandering our money and our kids on his war of choice, and his no bid contracts, in Iraq.

We got nothing out of it, other than, all of our enemies have increased their threats, grown their numbers, hyped up their rhetoric, and their sharpened ability to fight back against peace, and create more death and destruction in the world..

G.

pooltchr
12-15-2009, 10:59 AM
It really makes no difference where she takes the conversation. This is they way she operates. She spews her lies and ignorance, and then when challenged, she changes the subject, until she is challenged again, and then she changes the topic again. Sooner or later, it always comes back to Bush.

The fun is in pointing out her absurd thinking, and watching her back peddle, and duck and run.

You or I could post a thread that the sky is blue, and she would argue, only because she doesn't like us. The facts are not important to her. But given enough time, it would be Bush's fault that the sky is blue.
Steve

LWW
12-15-2009, 11:23 AM
I prefer to watch her spin slowly on the rotisserie spit above the fire ignited by her own hate.

The more one keeps the threads returning to the original topic ... in this case Palin and the book signings ... the more frantically she babbles.

The more evidence presented her point is that she has no point ... the more illogical it becomes.

The one that cracked me up the hardest is when she threatened to turn her lawyers on me ... following a denial that she ever had sued anyone.

The reality is that she would have stumbled into a slander suit that would drain her of any resources she might have ... and quickly ... in defending herslf against her malicious and ongoing attacks against anyone who doesn't sup from her Kool Ade stand.

Now ... may we gain some info on what pretzel logic is required to believe that Palin doing for profit book signings is <span style='font-size: 14pt'>EEEVILLL</span> while Gore, Clinton, and Obama doing the same thing isn't?

LWW

DickLeonard
12-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Pooltchr it is Bush's fault that the Skies are polluted. Wait till we use natural gas for everything. ####

DickLeonard
12-15-2009, 11:33 AM
pooltchr or you could try fly fishing in the Adirondacks. Acid Rain has made that a sport for Ghosts.####

pooltchr
12-15-2009, 11:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pooltchr it is Bush's fault that the Skies are polluted. Wait till we use natural gas for everything. #### </div></div>

LMAO! Good one, Dick! Pollution is Bush's fault!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

You have served the left proud today!

Steve

pooltchr
12-15-2009, 11:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I prefer to watch her spin slowly on the rotisserie spit above the fire ignited by her own hate.

The more one keeps the threads returning to the original topic ... in this case Palin and the book signings ... the more frantically she babbles.

The more evidence presented her point is that she has no point ... the more illogical it becomes.

The one that cracked me up the hardest is when she threatened to turn her lawyers on me ... following a denial that she ever had sued anyone.

The reality is that she would have stumbled into a slander suit that would drain her of any resources she might have ... and quickly ... in defending herslf against her malicious and ongoing attacks against anyone who doesn't sup from her Kool Ade stand.

Now ... may we gain some info on what pretzel logic is required to believe that Palin doing for profit book signings is <span style='font-size: 14pt'>EEEVILLL</span> while Gore, Clinton, and Obama doing the same thing isn't?

LWW </div></div>

It's no different than anything else. Spending by Bush was bad for the economy. Spending by Obama is good for the economy.

She is completely unable to have an independent thought, and repeatedly fails to take a consistent stand on anything.
Murder is bad, but aboution is good.
Republican spending is bad, but Democrat spending is good.
Democrats making money on books is good, but Republicans making money on books is bad.
The only consistency in any of her posts is that she hates Republicans, and swoons over Democrats.

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-15-2009, 11:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I don't agree with your attempts to promote government spending as a way to stimulate the economy, if that is your arguement, try to answer this.

How does Nancy spending thousands on flowers stimulate the economy? Oh wait. I know! It is her spending that is keeping the florist industry thriving!

You're right. Yeah, Nancy! The savior of the little people!!!

Steve </div></div>

Yet another completely irrelevant, pointless, idiotic post. You're chock full of them.

Go peddle your BS philosophies somewhere else. I had you pegged years ago, you and your irrational friend, the No Where Man.

Two compromised critics, with only your own undocumented, self made facts behind you.

Sara Palin, vacated her office in her quest for money, and out of fear that her illegal activities were about to catch up with her. She has been caught in lie after lie, attacked every single person she came into contact with, and blamed all of them rather than herself for the fact that she proved to thinking people that she was without the ability to reason, knew nothing of foreign affairs, wasn't even well read.

She has changed her stances according to what she thinks the RW nutbase is in the mood for, at the moment, including man's contribution to global warming.

Sara Palin is a liar, and a fool, who doesn't know that she isn't really fooling anyone but those same RWers who voted for Bush....and anyone can fool those idiots.

Charging for photos is not what former public servants do while they are on a book tour. It is disgraceful and greedy, and it will be remembered by many people who already know that she's little pig with nothing to sell.

Only a money grabbing little swine from the wilderness, would try such a stunt. Only a RW Bubba, would think it perfectly within propriety. I'd settle for her just learning the proper way to lift a downs syndrone baby without straining his neck, but alas, that will never happen~!

G.

pooltchr
12-15-2009, 12:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
Charging for photos is not what former public servants do while they are on a book tour. It is disgraceful and greedy, G. </div></div>

But it's quite ok for a very junior senator to sell tickets to a book signing when he was on a book tour??????????

"buy tickets for the senator's appearance Thursday at 2,500-seat Benaroya Hall. But the tickets for the Illinois Democrat's visit, part of his book tour to promote "The Audacity of Hope," were gone in minutes. The same for events in Boston and Philadelphia. ..."

Don't bother responding as I already know the answer...
Obama is good...Palin is bad.

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-15-2009, 12:14 PM
LMAO!

He didn't leave office to sell books. He didn't blow off his promise to govern a state, so he could go out and exploit himself for money. He didn't stand up in front of the cameras and make up a big BS story about why he was going to blow off his elected position, in order to get rich.

You have no discriminating thinking abilities. Your posts prove that over and over again. Every RW "Gotcha" is just more proof that you righties on here convolute everything trying to be right, but the facts, always prove that you were wrong again.

LMAO...Gayle, recalling how Steve said that Democratics were afraid of Palin!

BWA HA HA HA...

pooltchr
12-15-2009, 12:18 PM
And obviously you are still afraid of her.

You see nothing wrong with Senator obama selling tickets to a book signing while he was supposed to be working for the citizens of Illinois, but you have a problem with Palin making money at a book signing when she is operating on her own dime.

It's sad to watch your mind slowly turning to oatmeal. Give it up while you still have a little dignity!

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Sounds like you've never been to a book signing????

Sara is selling photos, and in the process, they are requesting no cameras or cell phones allowed as people approach. Any pictures taken with Sara, must be sold through her website.

I have been to many book signings. Some of them are actually lunches, some include the opportunity to ask questions of the author, include lectures, refreshments, AND most include signed copies, personally signed by the author, of course, we know Sara's handlers aren't going to allow any QUESTIONS!!

Hence some book signings are also lectures....

Now if you would like to attempt to present an analogy, using President Obama, I suggest you do some research....because as far as I know, he never resigned from office, in order to peddle a book, in the midst of an investigation, which was turning up more and more evidence of corruption every day.

Sara Palin, is a joke. You, are really a fool to even attempt to compare her, to President Obama, and prove your lack of judgement, and poor taste, in doing so.

G. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
12-15-2009, 01:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He didn't leave office to sell books. He didn't blow off his promise to govern a state, so he could go out and exploit himself for money. He didn't stand up in front of the cameras and make up a big BS story about why he was going to blow off his elected position, in order to get rich.
</div></div>You are changing your reasons. Let me quote your stated issue...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: before gayle started hemming and hawing about palin quitting office</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that really takes som nerve, to forbid the people who stand on line to get her to autograph HER Book, which they have bought, and then tell them they cannot take pictures with their own equipment, but must PAY her MONEY, for a picture, taken by her photographer! Wish I could recall the price, thirty seven dollard, I think it was, for the large one, maybe more than that.

Unbelievable! I know of no famous author, no honored political person, Persidents and others, and no entertainment personality, who has ever done something that damn grabby and greedy.</div></div>Now, don't bring up irrelevant BS about quitting office because that is not what you were talking about when you started this thread. You had a problem with Palin charging people for pictures. Plain and simple. Now people are saying, "OK, well if you have a problem with that then why not have a problem with xxx senator charging to sign a book that people spent their hard earned money on."

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHARGING SOMEONE TO TAKE A PICTURE OF PALIN, OR SOME SENATOR CHARGING PEOPLE FOR HIS SIGNATURE???? Both are stealing from the little guy.

Wake the heck up gayle. Your hatred is dumbing down your ability to think.

eg8r

eg8r
12-15-2009, 01:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like you've never been to a book signing????</div></div>I have been to quite a few, what is your point? One person charging to sign a book (or take a picture) is no better than the next person, it is all a scam to take money from the little guy.

Again, if a person is charging for signing or picture they have no intent other than to make money. It is greed in the least.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-15-2009, 01:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He didn't leave office to sell books. He didn't blow off his promise to govern a state, so he could go out and exploit himself for money. He didn't stand up in front of the cameras and make up a big BS story about why he was going to blow off his elected position, in order to get rich.
</div></div>You are changing your reasons. Let me quote your stated issue...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: before gayle started hemming and hawing about palin quitting office</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that really takes som nerve, to forbid the people who stand on line to get her to autograph HER Book, which they have bought, and then tell them they cannot take pictures with their own equipment, but must PAY her MONEY, for a picture, taken by her photographer! Wish I could recall the price, thirty seven dollard, I think it was, for the large one, maybe more than that.

Unbelievable! I know of no famous author, no honored political person, Persidents and others, and no entertainment personality, who has ever done something that damn grabby and greedy.</div></div>Now, don't bring up irrelevant BS about quitting office because that is not what you were talking about when you started this thread. You had a problem with Palin charging people for pictures. Plain and simple. Now people are saying, "OK, well if you have a problem with that then why not have a problem with xxx senator charging to sign a book that people spent their hard earned money on."

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHARGING SOMEONE TO TAKE A PICTURE OF PALIN, OR SOME SENATOR CHARGING PEOPLE FOR HIS SIGNATURE???? Both are stealing from the little guy.

Wake the heck up gayle. Your hatred is dumbing down your ability to think.

eg8r </div></div>

I don't hate anyone, surely not Sara Palin. I have to have some respect for someone to generate strong feelings.

Also, you don't get to dictate to me what I was writing about.

There is no comparison between selling tickets to a book signing, that includes a luncheon, and a lecture, and a governor resigning from office because investiagtors are getting closer to proof of illegal activities, and abuse of power, and decides she'd rather blow off the whole responsibility and exploit her fifteen minutes of fame by letting someone else write a book, and say it's hers.

she couldn't write a book, or read it, if her life depended on it. Sara Palin is just a big joke.

Your opinion is likewise, a joke. You like to compare apples and oranges...you can't even keep it straight who is a terrorist, and who is the nation's counter terrorist czar! You still refuse to admit that Plame was an undercover, secret NOC CIA agent, so what makes you think you have any credibility at all, with anyone!

You're just like Sara Palin, a joke.

End of story.

pooltchr
12-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow, how your attitude changes from one thread to the next. In another thread running here, you accuse me of trying to tell other people what to do with their personal lives. And then, here you are, trying to tell us how YOU think Palin should be running her life.

Can you say "hypocracy"?

Steve

eg8r
12-15-2009, 01:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't hate anyone, surely not Sara Palin. I have to have some respect for someone to generate strong feelings.
</div></div>I did not say you hated anyone, just your hatred in general.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, you don't get to dictate to me what I was writing about.</div></div>Sure I do, I just did. Actually what happened was not me dictating anything (maybe you should look that up), I merely copied your actual text for you to read it again because your poor memory was failing you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no comparison between selling tickets to a book signing, that includes a luncheon, and a lecture, and a governor resigning from office because investiagtors are getting closer to proof of illegal activities, and abuse of power, and decides she'd rather blow off the whole responsibility and exploit her fifteen minutes of fame by letting someone else write a book, and say it's hers.</div></div>You can pick and choose whatever you want to compare, what I am saying is a public official was selling tickets for one reason only...TO MAKE MONEY. That is the exact same thing you are blaming Palin for doing. At least Palin was not working on my dime to do it like your boy was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">she couldn't write a book, or read it, if her life depended on it. Sara Palin is just a big joke.</div></div>Her credentials far exceed yours so that does not say much for you.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-15-2009, 01:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, how your attitude changes from one thread to the next. In another thread running here, you accuse me of trying to tell other people what to do with their personal lives. And then, here you are, trying to tell us how YOU think Palin should be running her life.

Can you say "hypocracy"?

Steve </div></div>

I couldn't care less WTF Sara Palin does with her life. She's just a curiosity to the public, that's all she is. She will never hold another elected office, because she's a proven quitter, and a proven liar, who refuses to take responsibility for her own F-ups...to thinking people, she's just a joke, and that's all she is.

The more she talks and twitters, the more she exposes her own hypocracy. Kindof just like you!

eg8r
12-15-2009, 01:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I couldn't care less WTF Sara Palin does with her life.</div></div>Well there is a blatant lie. You need to change your panties every time someone mentions her name. If this was true you would stop your addiction of posting about her all the time.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-15-2009, 01:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't hate anyone, surely not Sara Palin. I have to have some respect for someone to generate strong feelings.
</div></div>I did not say you hated anyone, just your hatred in general.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, you don't get to dictate to me what I was writing about.</div></div>Sure I do, I just did. Actually what happened was not me dictating anything (maybe you should look that up), I merely copied your actual text for you to read it again because your poor memory was failing you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no comparison between selling tickets to a book signing, that includes a luncheon, and a lecture, and a governor resigning from office because investiagtors are getting closer to proof of illegal activities, and abuse of power, and decides she'd rather blow off the whole responsibility and exploit her fifteen minutes of fame by letting someone else write a book, and say it's hers.</div></div>You can pick and choose whatever you want to compare, what I am saying is a public official was selling tickets for one reason only...TO MAKE MONEY. That is the exact same thing you are blaming Palin for doing. At least Palin was not working on my dime to do it like your boy was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">she couldn't write a book, or read it, if her life depended on it. Sara Palin is just a big joke.</div></div>Her credentials far exceed yours so that does not say much for you.

eg8r </div></div>

Do you really think I care what you think about anything???

Trust me, I don't.

I can write anything I want to write. Every post does not have to have the same words in it, either. There is more than one point to make about this entire subject, however, comparing a book signing, where there is no charge for the facility, no food served, and no lecture given, is a totally differenct occasion than a man writing a book, and marketing that book on his own time, without resinging from the job the people elected him to perform.

I get tired of the apples and oranges...just more of your overworked efforts to twist reality, so you can bash a Democratic, when there is a perfectly stupid Republican right in front of your nose, who is truly incompetent, greedy, and not even admirable, or impressive in any way.

Do you deny that she blamed McCain's campaign people because every time she opened her mouth, she sounded like a char woman, with no education? attacked Katey Couric, for asking a simple question. Blamed the entire media, because she brought so much scrutiny upon herself with her own nonsensicle illogical meanderings, which no one could follow?

give it a break. she proved she's not the brightest bulb on the tree, so now, she's just out there exploiting the RW nutcases, by repeating socially divisive BS, and attacking the president.

Just more Republican sour grapes, like always.

When I spoke against Bush, it was because he committed crimes, over and over again. It was because he created disasters, over and over again. It was because he embarrassed the country with his bad grammar, and nasty hate speak, over and over, lied to Americans, over and over, brought shame to our country, over and over.

I had damn good reasons, I didn't have to dig around for flowers costs, or water costs.....

Just my 2C...

pooltchr
12-15-2009, 02:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[
When I spoke against Bush, it was because he committed crimes, over and over again.
</div></div>

According to you, the law is the only thing that matters, and according to the law, he is innocent.

Does this mean you are lying about him, or just that you have to bend your own rules depending on who you are talking about?

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-15-2009, 02:47 PM
He broke the law. tha fact that he got away with it does not change the fact that he broke the law.

He used unprecdedented tactics, to ignore the laws, such as using signing statements to ignore Congressional law.

He lied to us about Iraq. That's breaking the law.
He swore to protect and defend the law, and the Constitution, then he and Dick Cheney set about creating new definitions for torture, twisted the Constitution into something it never was, broke the FISA laws, pied on Americans, their finances, their phone converstations, and hid all of it behind his BS story about protecting us from terrorists.

He used the terrorist attack to mask all of his law breaking, including the Iraq invasion. he led the country to believe that Saddam has nukes. He knew damn well that was a lie.

The number of times he was caught in lies, big lies, that involved breaking trust with the American people, are too many to list.

G.

pooltchr
12-15-2009, 02:59 PM
The law says everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

But again, you have changed the subject.

Palin is doing nothing that Obama and Clinton and others haven't done in the past. Why not just admit that you hate her because she doesn't buy into your liberal way of thinking? But you can't find fault with what she is doing, without finding fault with your two guys as well.

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-15-2009, 03:10 PM
<span style="color: #000066">Not true at all. Neither Bill Clinton, nor Barack Obama, left their elected positions, in order to peddle a book.

neither of them were quitters, either.

And both of them could carry on an intelligent converstaion without everyone scratching their heads trying to figure out WTF they just said!

So why don't you just admit it. Both Clinton, and Obama, are highly educated, well spoken, elected officials, who won the admiration of many people in this country, and around the world. Sara Palin is a national joke!

G.</span>

eg8r
12-15-2009, 03:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you really think I care what you think about anything???</div></div>Then why do you keep posting? Why do you keep asking? You do care, and I appreciate it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is more than one point to make about this entire subject, however, comparing a book signing, where there is no charge for the facility, no food served, and no lecture given, is a totally differenct occasion than a man writing a book, and marketing that book on his own time, without resinging from the job the people elected him to perform.
</div></div>Do you know what a denominator is? See if before you respond you can figure out the common denominator and then maybe that will clarify things for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you deny that she blamed McCain's campaign people because every time she opened her mouth, she sounded like a char woman, with no education? attacked Katey Couric, for asking a simple question. Blamed the entire media, because she brought so much scrutiny upon herself with her own nonsensicle illogical meanderings, which no one could follow?
</div></div>I really have no idea. I do not follow her one bit. About the only time I hear about her is if you make a post about her on the forum. If I said Yes or No, it still does not change the fact that she was trying to make a buck just like Obama.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">give it a break. she proved she's not the brightest bulb on the tree, so now, she's just out there exploiting the RW nutcases, by repeating socially divisive BS, and attacking the president.
</div></div>Funny, this best described you during the 8 years W rocked your world.

eg8r

eg8r
12-15-2009, 03:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The number of times he was caught in lies, big lies, that involved breaking trust with the American people, are too many to list.</div></div>It is just a darn shame you couldn't prove any of it.

eg8r

eg8r
12-15-2009, 03:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So why don't you just admit it. Both Clinton, and Obama, are highly educated, well spoken, elected officials, who won the admiration of many people in this country, and around the world.</div></div>Who wouldn't admit to that? I do, but it has nothing to do with the subject. In the end Palin was trying to make a buck and so were those that you mentioned. The difference is that Palin was not doing it while traveling around on our tax money.

eg8r

pooltchr
12-15-2009, 04:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #000066">Not true at all. Neither Bill Clinton, nor Barack Obama, left their elected positions, in order to peddle a book.

G.</span> </div></div>

That was not the point of the thread, and has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Your claim is that Palin is wrong for trying to make money at a book signing, but have no problem with Obama anc Clinton trying to make money at a book signing.

Now, admit it. You are blinded by your hatred of Palin.

Steve

wolfdancer
12-15-2009, 05:34 PM
I like Ludlum as well, but he can stretch out a paragraph into a chapter. It's like that old Capote/Hemingway drinking together story...where Earnest says he could write a whole page while Truman was writing one word, and Truman replies ....yes, but it would be the right word.

LWW
12-16-2009, 04:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMAO!

He didn't leave office to sell books.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

Correct.

He was doing it while blowing off the duties he was being paid to do.

LWW

LWW
12-16-2009, 04:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no comparison between selling tickets to a book signing, that includes a luncheon, and a lecture</div></div>

I would disagree with that ... but Obama wasn't including those things.

Furthermore ... how can you rationally support a sitting US senator charging a taxpayer for giving a speech while on the government payroll and travelling at taxpayer expense?

You are digging your own hole ever deeper sweetheart.

LWW

eg8r
12-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Steve, I already pointed out that she was trying to change her reasonings, and she told me I can dictate what she meant. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif What a laugh. Anyways, according to wolfie she is using circular arguments. Good thing we keep the pup around, someone needs to define the craziness that seeps out of gayle's finger tips.

eg8r

LWW
12-16-2009, 11:16 AM
It is astounding how desperately the left can cling to a lie.

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-22-2009, 12:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #000066">Not true at all. Neither Bill Clinton, nor Barack Obama, left their elected positions, in order to peddle a book.

G.</span> </div></div>

That was not the point of the thread, and has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

<span style="color: #000066">Look, this is MY TOPIC, and MY THREAD, hence YOU do not get to define the topic...jerk! </span>

Your claim is that Palin is wrong for trying to make money at a book signing, but have no problem with Obama anc Clinton trying to make money at a book signing.

<span style="color: #000066">No, that is NOT my claim. As usual, you twist everything you read. </span>

Now, admit it. You are blinded by your hatred of Palin.

Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">

You can't write a post without accusing someone of hatred, can you...

I pointed out that it is not the standard to charge people who have purchased your book, to take a photo with them. Since I have attended hundreds of book signings, I'd say, I have some knowledge on the subject. I doubt seriously if you've ever read a book, much less attended a book signing.

Neither Bill Clinton, nor Barack Obama, charged people to take a picture with them when they were on a book tour.

Again, you are WRONG!

Nothing new about that.

You're usual attempt to accuse me of hatred, fails, particularly when you have written more hatred from your heart than anyone I have ever encountered, other than Jayalley, and Llotter, each of them also consumed completely by hatred.

Now go your own way, and stay away from me, and my posts. I don't even read threads that you begin on here, so why not do the same.

G.</span>

LWW
12-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Sweetheart ... it's Christmas, can you stay on topic. After all, you chose the topic.

I want to see you dance one more time on this one ... you are just so adorable skating in circles trying to get off the hook you set in your own arse on this on.

LWW

pooltchr
12-22-2009, 02:35 PM

You can't write a post without accusing someone of hatred, can you...

I I doubt seriously if you've ever read a book, much less attended a book signing.

Again, you are WRONG!

Nothing new about that.

</div></div>

You can't make a post without including personal insults, can you?

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-22-2009, 02:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The number of times he was caught in lies, big lies, that involved breaking trust with the American people, are too many to list.</div></div>It is just a darn shame you couldn't prove any of it.

eg8r </div></div>

Reasonable people knew exactly what Partick Fitzgerald meant when he said that a cloud was hanging over the Vice President's office. Just as they, as I knew, that Libby took the fall for Cheney, and was convicted for doing so, on five counts of perjury.

WE know you get it Ed, we just don't know why you think you accomplish anything at all, by denying that you get it, except, that you live to irritate people, nice hobby.