PDA

View Full Version : Switching Cell Carriers Question

Sid_Vicious
12-07-2009, 11:15 AM
I am going to switch carriers now that my contract is up as of today. My question is, what charges should I expect from my existing carrier since the new month is in it's first day? Will they want to charge me for the entire month, or will it be pro rated? Thanks...sid

pooltchr
12-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Each carrier is different. Some will pro-rate it by number of days, some by weeks, and there are probably some who will make you pay the whole month regardless.
Check with your current carrier.
Steve

sack316
12-07-2009, 01:31 PM
To be honest, I wasn't aware anyone did month to month based on the 1st or anything like that anymore. I believe most, if not all, base it on a billing date.

I have Verizon, and my billing cycle starts around the 20th of each month because that's the day my service began. So my billing cycle for this next bill will run from the 20th of November to the 20th of December (for example).

So I'd imagine if you were to sign up for new service through someone today, your first bill would come sometimes 'round the 2nd week of January and would reflect everything from today (dec. 7th) through January 7th or so.

Sack

Sid_Vicious
12-07-2009, 02:15 PM
I have Verizon now, the billing cycle ended yesterday. The new carrier said to wait before canceling the service otherwise porting my old number might be a problem. Sooooo I now have one day for December on the books with Verizon, and wondered what VZ will do for the 1-2 days, hopefully not charge the whole 30 days...sid

sack316
12-07-2009, 02:44 PM
oh, misread on my part /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I'm pretty sure they prorate it.

Sack