PDA

View Full Version : it warms my heart...

sack316
12-08-2009, 02:36 AM
...it warms my heart to see 15,000 delegates, 5,000 journalists, and 98 heads of state flying their private jets and driving limos into Copenhagen to discuss how dangerous our actions are with carbon emissions. Like when we fly jets, and drive vehicles like Limos. Shame on all of us for not making a difference like them!

And does anyone else find it completely ironic that Denmark has no hybrid vehicles?

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-08-2009, 02:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...it warms my heart to see 15,000 delegates, 5,000 journalists, and 98 heads of state flying their private jets and driving limos into Copenhagen to discuss how dangerous our actions are with carbon emissions. Like when we fly jets, and drive vehicles like Limos. Shame on all of us for not making a difference like them!

And does anyone else find it completely ironic that Denmark has no hybrid vehicles?

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">What does that have to do with the price of tea in China???? </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
12-08-2009, 07:30 AM
All those guys/gals don't want to change their own ways to save the earth. They are only interested in creating ways to make more money for themselves. Al Gore is a perfect example.

eg8r

pooltchr
12-08-2009, 09:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...it warms my heart to see 15,000 delegates, 5,000 journalists, and 98 heads of state flying their private jets and driving limos into Copenhagen to discuss how dangerous our actions are with carbon emissions. Like when we fly jets, and drive vehicles like Limos. Shame on all of us for not making a difference like them!

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">What does that have to do with the price of tea in China???? </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

Any reasonably intelligent person would have understood the point of the post.

Steve

sack316
12-08-2009, 12:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #000066">What does that have to do with the price of tea in China???? </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

Really? Serious?

I guess it would be kind of like PETA riding ponies to go have a meeting at Outback over steaks to discuss animal rights. If you really need an example of some sort.

Sack

Deeman3
12-08-2009, 01:47 PM
But Sack, what has that got to do with the price of tea in, well, China, for instance? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Bush War = Bad
Obama War = Good

Same difference!!!!!

LWW
12-08-2009, 02:42 PM
That's not what environmentalists do.

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-09-2009, 11:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Really? Serious?

I guess it would be kind of like PETA riding ponies to go have a meeting at Outback over steaks to discuss animal rights. If you really need an example of some sort.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">
Really? Serious? So you think that the leaders of the world, who are concerned about climate change, and feel that it is urgent to created alternative fuels, shouldn't "fly" to get together to discuss it? You think that how they fly there, is more importants, then looking at ways to divert the impending disaster? You think then, apparently, that there is no connection between the Republican Party, the party of the oil, pharmaceutical and insurance industry, their contributors, their many statesmen, if you can call them that, who have been heavily invested in the oin industry, doing business with the Saudis, and the bin Ladens, consistantly blocking efforts to create and legislate for clean renewables, consistantly making fun of and blocking efforts at addressing climate change, and the rising unsustainable costs of health care, and insurance scams, and an oil based economy, and noe of that has nothing to do with all the money they have invested in oil, or get from oil?

Really?????

Serious????

Do they have an option? Is there an alternative way to fly across the world, without using an airplane???

If a man is instrumental, in learning about, and bringing about, changes needed to bring about cleaner, renewable energy, saving the planet, cleaning up the environment, addressing a jihad, originally flamed by dependence on oil, you want to squbble about how he gets to the meeting????. REally???? Seriously????

If he is on the forefront of the struggle against corporate pigs, who don't care what they are doing to this planet. If he is part of the leadership of the world, and has the use of a private jet, because he is a leader of the world, or a respected scientist, addressing the subject....what do you want him to do, walk?

Really???

Seriously???

Nit picking, again, Sack. You do have a way with it.

Incidentally, haven't heard a thing about Sara's jetting around to fill her own pockets???

Never heard a word about Bush flying home vacationing more than any previous president????

Never heard a word about Republicans trying to block, make fun of, and all around deny the climate changes we are seeing, and comparing their votes, "NO" to their contributions????

Really???

Seriously???
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
G.

I'd call that nit picking...partisan, nit picking, at that!

G. </span>

Gayle in MD
12-09-2009, 11:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But Sack, what has that got to do with the price of tea in, well, China, for instance? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Bush War = Bad
Obama War = Good

Same difference!!!!! </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066"> </span> <span style='font-size: 26pt'> </span> LMAO!!!!

Bush's war = Completely Neglecting our best hopes for getting the man who led the 9/11 attack, AND his top people, and lying us into a war in Iraq, for the purpose of oil contracts, and to line the pockets of his and his VP's former oil cronies....at a time when we should have long ago been addressing all the reasons why we should get off oil, and go to wind, solar, and and other cleaner, less expensive, forms of energy, which CARTER WARNED US ABOUT LONG AGO....AND....away from foreign oil dependence.

Obama's war = cleaning up Bush's mess, the one he completely neglected so he could lie us into the wrong war, in the wrong place, at the wrong time, so he culd line the pockets of his oil cronies, and the VP's oil cronies, and his family's business partners, the bin Laden's and the other Saudis who finance al Qaeda.

BTW, the experts, agree with me. Iraq, was the worst foreign policy decision in our history. bush, let bin Laden get away, because he wanted to invade Iraq. Fact...Iraq, is still fighting a civil war, al qaeda, has franchised globally, terrorist attacks have increased sin the Iraq invasion, and Deeman, said if we invade Iraq, al Qaeda will be distracted!

BWA HA HA HA...instead, they have franchised, globally, and incidentally, the "Surge" didn't work, hundreds are bing killing right in Baghdad, every month, in their CIVIL WAR&lt; which I told you about long, long ago.

G.

DickLeonard
12-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Gayle we were driving to Albany one beautiful Autumn morning, not a Cloud in the sky. The only clouds were being formed by the exhaust of the smokestacks.

It is then that you realize the harm caused by the polluters. Albany probably ranks in the low hundreds of polluters.

I told my my wife this would make a beautifil picture.####

DickLeonard
12-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Deeman I lost Faith in Obama when he didn't pursue criminal charges against GWB.

My only hope is Sen. Leahy. ####

Gayle in MD
12-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Dick,
Did you read about the studies in New York City, and the effects of the pollution, on children's learning abilities?

There is such a range of reasons why we need to change the way we get our energy, it's hard to fathom how any political party could have the balls to block the effort, as Republicans have done, for decades!

China is already ahead of us on wind, and focussing now also on solar.

The right would prefer China being the economic power of the world. They have no vision, as we could readily see, when Reagan tore Carter's solar panels off the White House.

They, like al Qaeda, are planning instead for the end of times....

What can we expect from people who think a man can live inside of a whale!

G.

G.

pooltchr
12-09-2009, 11:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">China is already ahead of us on wind, and focussing now also on solar.

G. </div></div>

Only Gayle could use China as an example of how to clean up the environment. The same China that had to shut down their manufacturing plants for a week prior to hosting the Olympics so the air pollution would have time to clear up! The same China that had athletes arriving at the airport wearing face masks!

Steve

LWW
12-09-2009, 01:25 PM
It is utter hypocrisy for this meeting not to be held by webcam if these people believed their own bile.

LWW

sack316
12-09-2009, 02:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Incidentally, haven't heard a thing about Sara's jetting around to fill her own pockets???

Never heard a word about Bush flying home vacationing more than any previous president????
</div></div>

I never heard them say "now people, don't do what I'm about to do because it's bad".

And yes, there is an alternative way for everyone to get together talk about it. We're doing it right now.

Sack

sack316
12-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Do they have an option? Is there an alternative way to fly across the world, without using an airplane???
</div></div>

If they REALLY cared, wanted to set an example, and not fall into the category of "do as I say and not as I do" then:

http://enterprisearchitecture.nih.gov/NR/rdonlyres/54B52B78-54FF-4662-A576-EE46C4D18550/0/WebConferencingPattern.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
12-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Don't be ridiculous. International efforts to meet and work together to solve impending emergency climate results, more than justifies those with the power and ideas, the influence and knowledge to work at improving the global outlook, meeting face to face, and getting there without wasting any time.

The "Conditions Prevailing" more than justify flying, and doing so in a comfortable manner, which would allow them some peace, quite and sleep, before they meet to discuss our shared plight.

But then, you're probably fine with Sara's corporate travels, right???? Aren't you a part of the ridiculous "Drill baby drill" group?

This thread is truly an example of nit picking, without conscinece....

g.

pooltchr
12-10-2009, 01:12 PM

But then, you're probably fine with Sara's corporate travels, right????
g. </div></div>

We aren't paying for her corporate travels. And she isn't trying to tell us that burning fossil fuel is killing the earth, so excuse me while I go burn a bunch of it myself to help find a way from preventing you from doing so!

Steve

sack316
12-10-2009, 07:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't be ridiculous. International efforts to meet and work together to solve impending emergency climate results, more than justifies those with the power and ideas, the influence and knowledge to work at improving the global outlook, meeting face to face, and <u>getting there without wasting any time</u>.</div></div>

If time is indeed of the essence, woulda been quicker just to logon to skype and get to talking!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The "Conditions Prevailing" more than justify flying, and doing so in a comfortable manner, which would allow them some peace, quite and sleep, before they meet to discuss our shared plight. </div></div>

Glad to know their being all comfy is important too. Isn't part of the motto about us ALL having to sacrifice?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But then, you're probably fine with Sara's corporate travels, right???? </div></div>

If she was one of the new Y2K'ers I'd have a problem with it. If she was doing it on my dime, I'd have a problem with it. If she was saying "No don't ya go and do what I'm about ta do don't ya know?" I'd have a problem with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aren't you a part of the ridiculous "Drill baby drill" group?</div></div>

I don't say that phrase. But yep, I'm on that believes it's pretty stupid to go out for pizza when you have one sitting right there in your freezer at home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is truly an example of nit picking, without conscinece....
g. </div></div>

To you, I'm sure it is. To me it's yet another example of the hypocrisy of many of these people.

Sack

DickLeonard
12-10-2009, 09:33 PM
pooltchr that same baloney didn't work with Georgie Boy and Kenny Boy. How much did Enron cost the Country? There is no such thing as a free ride all debts must be paid. Except we pay for it.####

pooltchr
12-11-2009, 08:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DickLeonard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pooltchr that same baloney didn't work with Georgie Boy and Kenny Boy. How much did Enron cost the Country? There is no such thing as a free ride all debts must be paid. Except we pay for it.#### </div></div>

????????????????????????????????????

You want to share some of whhatever it is you're smoking???

Steve

DickLeonard
12-13-2009, 11:22 AM
LWW please Remove those Military Terrorists from your Posts aftera year of that Garbage it is getting Sickening. ####

Gayle in MD
12-13-2009, 01:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't be ridiculous. International efforts to meet and work together to solve impending emergency climate results, more than justifies those with the power and ideas, the influence and knowledge to work at improving the global outlook, meeting face to face, and <u>getting there without wasting any time</u>.</div></div>

If time is indeed of the essence, woulda been quicker just to logon to skype and get to talking!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The "Conditions Prevailing" more than justify flying, and doing so in a comfortable manner, which would allow them some peace, quite and sleep, before they meet to discuss our shared plight. </div></div>

Glad to know their being all comfy is important too. Isn't part of the motto about us ALL having to sacrifice?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But then, you're probably fine with Sara's corporate travels, right???? </div></div>

If she was one of the new Y2K'ers I'd have a problem with it. If she was doing it on my dime, I'd have a problem with it. If she was saying "No don't ya go and do what I'm about ta do don't ya know?" I'd have a problem with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aren't you a part of the ridiculous "Drill baby drill" group?</div></div>

I don't say that phrase. But yep, I'm on that believes it's pretty stupid to go out for pizza when you have one sitting right there in your freezer at home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread is truly an example of nit picking, without conscinece....
g. </div></div>

To you, I'm sure it is. To me it's yet another example of the hypocrisy of many of these people.

Sack </div></div>

Got to give the little people something to whine about, I guess....

pooltchr
12-13-2009, 01:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[Got to give the little people something to whine about, I guess....

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

What an outrageous, elitist, pompus, self-inflating comment!

You must really think you are so much better than everyone else!

Get a clue! Your poop stinks just like everybody's!

Steve