PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article About Tiger Woods....

Gayle in MD
12-10-2009, 05:15 PM
http://golf.fanhouse.com/2009/12/08/wher...sian-backers%2F (http://golf.fanhouse.com/2009/12/08/where-are-tigers-cabalasian-backers/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fgolf.fanhouse.com%2F2009% 2F12%2F08%2Fwhere-are-tigers-cabalasian-backers%2F)

Bobbyrx
12-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Very interesting. It's amazing that someone can seriously bring up the race card in this case. Sounds like the author is a complete moron first and a racist second (WTH does Fuzzy Zoeller have to do with anything?).
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> During the early and intense stretches when the media continued to spend every news cycle exposing the personal flaws of O.J., Vick, Iverson and the rest, there was a different response inside the African-American community</div></div> Michael Vick executing dogs with battery jumper cables, or hanging and drowning them, much less fighting them,is a "personal flaw". O.J. Simpson slashing the heads off of 2 people is a "personal flaw"??????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mostly, despite everything those in black America had seen or heard about the events surrounding O.J., Vick, Iverson and the rest, they had unconditional love.

For Woods, not so much.

Actually, not at all, and Woods has nobody to blame but Woods.
</div></div>

So, this clown seems to think that someone who "pushed away their African-American heritage in a dramatic way" but never physically injured anyone is worse than a murderer or serial animal torturer because the African-American community seems to still support them, and he seems proud of that fact.....sick

Gayle in MD
12-10-2009, 06:20 PM
I surely don't think he was making any comparisons to the various acts commited. The article, as I read it, was addressing the question of why leaders in the black community, will not be standing up for tiger Woods, regardless of what treatment he recieves from the media, or if proven applicable, from the law.

He was not in any way, comparing the various black athletes, in terms of what they did, only in how differently their black peers will experience them as being under the close scritiny of the American Press....and why the difference.

The author, is also black.

I found the article interesting, but see it only as one black man's perspective on Tiger Woods, and Woods' former presentation of himself, to the media, and the results of that presentation in the black community.

I'd say, you missed the author's point.
G.

Bobbyrx
12-10-2009, 06:34 PM
That very well may be, but it sure looks like he has less respect for Woods than the other people he listed, just because Woods said years ago on Oprah that he is not black but multi-racial. He certainly was critical of Woods for doing that. And he certainly was NOT critical of the African-American community for standing behind the other people he mentioned.

pooltchr
12-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Multi-racial shouldn't matter....after all, our president is only half black. I wonder what the black community will think of him when his presidency crashes and burns.

Steve

eg8r
12-11-2009, 09:06 AM
LOL let's be honest here, that article was more about the author than it was ever about Tiger.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
12-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Woods didn't say he was multi racial, but insists he is not black.

IMO, you're reading something else into the article, that was never stated.

Again, it wasn't addressing the crimes, social or legal, and comparing on that basis.

but then, regardless of what the post is, or what my opinion might be, all of you righties will turn yourselves inside out trying to argues about it.

Does it ever occur to any of you that I don't really care what your version of reality might be, when none of you can even read a link, without trying to turn it into something that it never was????

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif