PDA

View Full Version : Christmas early?

eg8r
12-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Just wondering, these days with all the separated families, it must make Christmas time incredibly stressful. My wife comes from a split family and trying to fit in every household in one day just is not possible. Now that we have kids we like to spend Christmas morning at our own house and let the kids play with their presents before we hit the road. Last year we tried going to one families house the weekend prior to Christmas and it worked out great.

What do you guys do?

eg8r <~~~thinks next year I should just rent a big hall, invite all the families from both sides and have a giant Christmas dinner and gift swap party

sack316
12-16-2009, 12:14 PM
if you wanna feel a little better, I've got a buddy. His folks are divorced and have never been on good terms. He has a living grandparent (mom's side) who apparently has had a severed relationship with his Mom for years as well. He was dating a girl, whose parents were also divorced, and so was she (with children). On top of that, his sister was not fond of his girlfriend, so his sis refused to do any holiday with her around.

So if I remember correctly, last year he had a pre-christmas with his girl. Ran around Alabama so she could do a pre christmas with her kids that were not in her custody at the time except for her teenage daughter. Then had to go to Louisiana to go one with his grandma. Come back to Bama and do one with each parent respectively with his girl there. Then do another one with each parent with his sister without the g/f present. It was crazy, and I don't know what he woulda done had either of his g/f's parents lived anywhere close to here!

Sack--- rides 5 minutes to parent's house in the morning, then 2 minutes with them to grandma's house for dinner that afternoon. Ahhhhhh.

eg8r
12-16-2009, 02:27 PM
That is one crazy story. See what divorce has done to America? LOL, it is screwing up Christmas. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r