PDA

View Full Version : Perish the thought

S0Noma
12-18-2009, 03:49 PM
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/upload/2009/12/the_bottom_line/betterworld.jpeg

Sev
12-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Ahhh buy you can create a cleaner better world without transferring wealth. There are better ways to achieve this.

cushioncrawler
12-19-2009, 04:09 AM
thats so funny

LWW
12-19-2009, 06:25 AM
Thought perished from the far left long ago.

LWW

wolfdancer
12-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Good one!!!
I see that you have annoyed the climatologists here, with that, which makes it even better !!!!

llotter
12-19-2009, 01:02 PM
this cartoon reminds me of The Moron's claim that doctors were enriching themselves by unnecessarily amputating a foot instead of treating the disease. In this case we have government partnering with big corporations to enrich themselves with unnecessary and extremely expensive operations.

S0Noma
12-19-2009, 02:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good one!!!
I see that you have annoyed the climatologists here, with that, which makes it even better !!!! </div></div>

Ha! Most of those so-called 'climatologists' are convinced that the imaginary son of an imaginary super being is going to 'return to earth' in their life time - at which point they will be taken up to an imaginary place called 'heaven' via yet another imaginary event known as 'the Rapture'

Let's face it, if they're stupid enough to swallow that load of horse hockey why should they bother to worry about wasting their time saving the planet?

LWW
12-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Honest questions ...

What are we saving the planet from?

How do we save it?

LWW

eg8r
12-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Now there is definitely some truth in that. Why don't you think the scientists with all the well-funded junk science of global warming just be honest and say that their intentions are just to create a cleaner better world? Easy, that is not their intention. They see that money is not going to be in oil in the future and they need to start developing new revenue streams (giant rivers?).

Al Gore is leading the way trying to be the "Rockfeller" of climategate.

eg8r

pooltchr
12-19-2009, 07:50 PM
You make a very good point. I don't think any reasonable person would say that working to keep our environment clean isn't a great objective.

To feed the public a bunch of garbage about how we are the cause of climate change in an effort to raise taxes and take more control is crazy.

Maybe we should consider taxing the sun for having sunspots, or charging countries who allow volcanos to erupt.

Our climate is the result of forces far greater than anything our reletively insignificant species is capable of generating.

Clean air, clean water...good stuff.
Using fear as a base for raising tax revenue in unforgivable.

Steve

DickLeonard
12-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Bush did it.####

cushioncrawler
12-21-2009, 04:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ahhh buy you can create a cleaner better world without transferring wealth. There are better ways to achieve this.</div></div>Sev -- Hmmmmmmmmmmmm -- U are korrekt -- a cleaner better world for us and our children iz one thing -- and wealth iz something different.
madMac.

cushioncrawler
12-21-2009, 04:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this cartoon reminds me of The Moron's claim that doctors were enriching themselves by unnecessarily amputating a foot instead of treating the disease. In this case we have government partnering with big corporations to enrich themselves with unnecessary and extremely expensive operations.</div></div>U can hav (1) an expensive operation -- and u can hav (2) expensiv medicine -- but 10 out of 10 hollywoood doctors would prefer that u simply hav (3) healthy eating and healthy drinking and healthy living etc.
madMac.

Gayle in MD
12-28-2009, 01:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S0Noma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good one!!!
I see that you have annoyed the climatologists here, with that, which makes it even better !!!! </div></div>

Ha! Most of those so-called 'climatologists' are convinced that the imaginary son of an imaginary super being is going to 'return to earth' in their life time - at which point they will be taken up to an imaginary place called 'heaven' via yet another imaginary event known as 'the Rapture'

Let's face it, if they're stupid enough to swallow that load of horse hockey why should they bother to worry about wasting their time saving the planet?

</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Dear Sonoma, I think this may be the best post you've ever written, and that's saying something!

Have a wonderful New Year!

G.

Bobbyrx
12-28-2009, 04:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ha! Most of those so-called 'climatologists' are convinced that the imaginary son of an imaginary super being is going to 'return to earth' in their life time - at which point they will be taken up to an imaginary place called 'heaven' via yet another imaginary event known as 'the Rapture'

Let's face it, if they're stupid enough to swallow that load of horse hockey why should they bother to worry about wasting their time saving the planet? </div></div>

Isn't this the same thing that every American President in modern history has said that they believe, including our current one? Not to mention, Mr. Carbon Footprint himself, Al Gore....

eg8r
12-28-2009, 08:02 PM
So you don't have anything to say directly to the responses you get, you just choose to go off topic and talk about someone's religion? Why are you choosing to change your posting style to one like lww or those others you cannot stand?

eg8r

hondo
12-28-2009, 09:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S0Noma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good one!!!

</div></div>

Sonoma, my friend, have you ever given spiritual discipline a chance?
In other words, have you ever really investigated the possibilities?
Do you have first hand knowledge that it is all a hoax or are you simply stating your opinion based on your intellect?

Just asking. Not wanting to argue.

hondo
12-28-2009, 09:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you don't have anything to say directly to the responses you get, you just choose to go off topic and talk about someone's religion? Why are you choosing to change your posting style to one like lww or those others you cannot stand?

eg8r </div></div>

Eg, see my above post. I believe I am addressing some of the points you are making.

I appear to be one of the only liberals on these forums who considers himself a Christian, although I admit I'm not
much of a fundamentalist.

Believe it or not, I'm actually pretty close to what LWW says he believes.

wolfdancer
12-29-2009, 03:33 PM
I guess I am a liberal, since I didn't vote for the big red machine...and wonder why you think liberals in general, would be non-Christian?
You been reading too much llotter...maybe?

hondo
12-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Other than you, me and Dick, who?

And none on AZ that I know of.

AND, I was talking about libs on the NPF forums.

Gayle in MD
12-31-2009, 01:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S0Noma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good one!!!

</div></div>

Sonoma, my friend, have you ever given spiritual discipline a chance?
In other words, have you ever really investigated the possibilities?
Do you have first hand knowledge that it is all a hoax or are you simply stating your opinion based on your intellect?

Just asking. Not wanting to argue. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Hondo, my friend, in my world, there is a very wide range of things that could be called spiritual dicipline. I can't tell in this post of yours if you are referring to religion, or climate change, but I would like to know if you have ever read Campbells, The Power Of Myth if you are speaking about religion, or about christianity.</span>

G.

wolfdancer
12-31-2009, 01:20 AM
I watched that series on pbs....and think I may have ordered the dvd's ...I'll have to check....thanks for mentioning that
oops, there I go with the "compliments" again...probably lost another member here because of that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
12-31-2009, 01:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched that series on pbs....and think I may have ordered the dvd's ...I'll have to check....thanks for mentioning that
oops, there I go with the "compliments" again...probably lost another member here because of that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

A shame that the wonkettes on here are so jealous of our friendship.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hondo
12-31-2009, 06:16 AM
I have read The Power of Myth.

I have also made actual attempts to communicate
with any higher source.

Whenever something definitive was said to Krishnamurti about religion, God, etc., he would always ask,
" Have you investigated this yourself, sir, or are you simply repeating someone's opinion?"

It sort of cuts right through any BS, doesn't it?

JohnnyD
01-01-2010, 08:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have read The Power of Myth.

I have also made actual attempts to communicate
with any higher source.

Whenever something definitive was said to Krishnamurti about religion, God, etc., he would always ask,
" Have you investigated this yourself, sir, or are you simply repeating someone's opinion?"The Power of Myth a very interesting read indeed.

It sort of cuts right through any BS, doesn't it? </div></div>

wolfdancer
01-02-2010, 03:40 AM
It's his thread...he can do whatever he wants with it....begin your own thread if you want to control the conversation to your line of thought....that's what that dipsh*t O'Really does on Fux news

wolfdancer
01-02-2010, 03:42 AM
is there an echo in here..."Hello"

JohnnyD
01-07-2010, 12:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there an echo in here..."Hello" </div></div>Wolfdancer you are a mean spirited person.The echo you here is the Lord calling you to accept him.My friend hondo said you were a nice person.May i suggest you get a bible and read about the Lord.He will bring peace into your life.Bible study is a learning experience you may find at a local church.May GOD bless you my new friend.JohnnyD now rides into the sunset with his favorite scotch whiskey johnnie walker.I love you guys.

Stretch
01-07-2010, 01:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there an echo in here..."Hello" </div></div>Wolfdancer you are a mean spirited person.The echo you here is the Lord calling you to accept him.My friend hondo said you were a nice person.May i suggest you get a bible and read about the Lord.He will bring peace into your life.Bible study is a learning experience you may find at a local church.May GOD bless you my new friend.JohnnyD now rides into the sunset with his favorite scotch whiskey johnnie walker.I love you guys. </div></div>

I think it's the Johnnie walker talkin. lol St.

sack316
01-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Wolfie is far from mean spirited as a person. Bear in mind that comes from someone who rarely finds themselves in agreement with him on here. But I have had the pleasure of getting to know him personally through our talks on here (we tend to find much common ground in sports, and I love hearing some of his old stories about legends he has seen in person that I only read or see old photos/videos about).

And I feel I can emphatically say he is far from a mean spirited individual. He himself will tell you he may fly off the handle a bit too easy at times. But the man speaks his mind. Perhaps not with as much tact as some would like... but he's a guy that's gonna give it to you straight, which is more than a lot of folks can say.

So please don't confuse a few of his postings to certain individuals here that he doesn't get along with as a picture of himself as a whole. He and I will get into it ourselves from time to time... but at the end of the day we both know who each other are. I will disagree with much of his political thoughts, I'll disagree with his relentless defense of some people regardless of context... but as a man I don't think there's anything I take issue with in his person.

Sack

hondo
01-07-2010, 06:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there an echo in here..."Hello" </div></div>Wolfdancer you are a mean spirited person.The echo you here is the Lord calling you to accept him.My friend hondo said you were a nice person.May i suggest you get a bible and read about the Lord.He will bring peace into your life.Bible study is a learning experience you may find at a local church.May GOD bless you my new friend.JohnnyD now rides into the sunset with his favorite scotch whiskey johnnie walker.I love you guys. </div></div>

We love you, too, Johnny. Have one for me.

hondo
01-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Great post, Sack. I have come to the same conclusions.

milesmuhldoon
01-07-2010, 01:28 PM
how do you know God and anything pertaining to God is Imaginary?.
When you swallow this nonsense about a spec of something blowing itself up and creating galaxies and planets and stars and a universe to live in...lol!. can you tell me why this spec of whatever the hell it is/was decided to blow itself up...and where was it when it decided to do this?. how did it get there wherever the hell it was?. and something so tiny that you need an electron microscope to glimpse it had all the information stored in it all on its own?. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............. .....

milesmuhldoon
01-07-2010, 01:38 PM
if any one has problem hearing God its because you do not belong to God...he cannot hear you and you cannot hear him. anybody can write book such as The Power of Myth and dress them self in degrees from universities and strut around with awards and trophies medals and still it will never mean a thing nor will it ever solve anything about God's existence or non-existence.
if you do not belong to him he does not belong to you. its just that simple. he's deaf to your questions. you should go ask of who you really belong to.

Gayle in MD
01-08-2010, 11:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll disagree with his relentless defense of some people regardless of context... </div></div>

LOL... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

You're so subtle...

wolfdancer
01-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Sack, thanks for the kind words...I wasn't sure who this "nice" guy was you were mentioning....I kept waiting for the punch line....

milesmuhldoon
01-09-2010, 09:12 AM
a tiny tiny little thing of something or other was sitting somewhere nobody knows, what is was doing where it was sitting nobody knows, nobody knows what the tiny little thing was or what it looked like or where it came from or how it got there or what was holding it up or down or whatever...then it decides to blow itself up and out of that alleged explosion comes all of this, LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah, tell me all about it Mr. Scientist, LOL!!!!!!!!.............

wolfdancer
01-09-2010, 06:22 PM
I have no idea what part of my post you are referring to, dick weed. It sounds like you might be talking about the big bang theory, which is way different then when you and your posse, gang banged the local "town pump".

milesmuhldoon
01-09-2010, 09:18 PM
bullcrap you don't. also, you were slipped a mickey by Evolutionists and never snapped out of it. so, WolfDancer, you Evolved out of an Ape, huh, lol!. you and the Atheists...you're birth record has Apes in its family, 'eh, lol!. you're comfortable with that are ya'. that back not so long ago, you grunted around on all fours, scraping your behind on the ground to wipe it clean
of defecation, lol!.

what a crock of garbage heaped upon a brain drunk public by flipped out Evolutionists who make the entire thing up as they go about unearthing bones in some god forsaken place like Africa.

wolfdancer
01-09-2010, 10:43 PM
I don't think I ever mentioned evolution, or natural selection....
I've been attacked here recently for being Catholic, and my Church does not teach evolution, so you can't have it both ways....also,you are 85 yrs to late to see the issue decided in a courtroom.
Now, besides ******* with me,a gentleman and a scholar, I see you also having trouble with my exact opposite, lww, who might be the missing link???
I have to warn you....he's a stone cold killer....you arrived here too late to see that in his avatars, but it's there in his words... <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.I'm gonna rip the eyeballs out of your head and p*** in your dead skull! You ****** with the wrong reserve! </div></div>

milesmuhldoon
01-10-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm a stone cold killer, too.

Gayle in MD
01-10-2010, 09:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think I ever mentioned evolution, or natural selection....
I've been attacked here recently for being Catholic, and my Church does not teach evolution, so you can't have it both ways....also,you are 85 yrs to late to see the issue decided in a courtroom.
Now, besides ******* with me,a gentleman and a scholar, I see you also having trouble with my exact opposite, lww, who might be the missing link???
I have to warn you....he's a stone cold killer....you arrived here too late to see that in his avatars, but it's there in his words... <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.I'm gonna rip the eyeballs out of your head and p*** in your dead skull! You ****** with the wrong reserve! </div></div>
</div></div>

PBS recently aired a special on Darwin. His original assessments have been proven. It's a shame, he isn't around now to enjoy the vast amount of scientific proof supporting his original theory.

Gene studies, have taken it to a new level of proof...Darwin, was as correct as anyone could have been, and given the limits of science at the time of his writings, his theories were nothing less than amazing.

G.

milesmuhldoon
01-10-2010, 09:14 AM
lol@ Darwin. he reminds me of Uri Geller who was putting one over on Nasa Scientists who bought him as the real thing...until Johnny Carson exposed him on The Tonight Show as just another fraud.

you know, Darwin also says that Women are stupid. Darwin said many many things in that laughable book of his. you should read it.
these days people are too easily led around by the nose by alleged findings of alleged scientists from every field. disgusting.

hondo
01-10-2010, 10:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milesmuhldoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a stone cold killer, too.

</div></div>

I used to wrestle under the name " Stone Cold Steve Austin",
but, actually, I'm a warm and fuzzy kind of guy.

wolfdancer
01-10-2010, 04:14 PM
You mean it's been proven that Miles did descend from one of the lower form of primates, and not from the great apes, as you and I did. I suspected as much. Now that i have attained silverback status, you would think I'd get a little more respect from him.
Silverback (http://www.solarnavigator.net/animal_kingdom/animal_images/gorilla_silverback_zoo_dreamstime.jpg)

Gayle in MD
01-10-2010, 04:32 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

milesmuhldoon
01-10-2010, 04:41 PM
I saw for a few minutes, one of those brainwashing shows on Evolution...some new missing link they dubbed Ardi. now I look in the mirror every morning and that does not look anything like any Caucasian anywhere...but it does look like just about every upright African. so apparently, maybe, there is something to that Theory.

wolfdancer
01-10-2010, 08:21 PM
I think you have it all wrong....that wasn't "Ardi"....it was
Arnie...Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Considered seriously as a Republican candidate for Fuher, er President.
On the evolutionary scale it would have been a step up,an ape to replace a chimp.

milesmuhldoon
01-11-2010, 08:54 AM
what do think sits in the White House these days.

JohnnyD
01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Our president with hope and transparency for all of us.What a wonderful man so far.

hondo
01-11-2010, 10:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our president with hope and transparency for all of us.What a wonderful man so far. </div></div>

Hope and transparency says it all. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif