PDA

View Full Version : RIP Ryan Hobbie....

sack316
12-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Not a pool player you will ever have heard of, but he was my friend. And at the young age of 29 he was taken from us.

I'll spare all of the details, but Hobbie was a fine young man and an asset to our pool league down here. Health problems have plagued him for some time, but he never let it show. Even through the worst he was still "our Hobbie". Always willing to be a friend, always willing to listen, always being the best damned smoker of boston butts I'll ever know... always being the type of person all of us should aspire to be.

The last few days have been hell at the hospital, watching him fight for his life (through no fault of his own mind you). We all discussed how out of all of us P.O.S. he shoulda been the one to bury us all. But sometimes life just isn't fair. This time the good lord took a great man and strong warrior by his side.

Tonight in Montgomery, AL many of us spent our night celebrating the life of this dear friend. The outpouring of love and support from an incredible amount of people showed just what kind of guy he was. We filled a hospital, then we filled a poolhall, then we overwhelmed a club.... and all in the spirit of our dear friend.

So I dare take this moment, and request a personal favor from my friends here on the CCB--- to show some compassion and love for a fellow pool enthusiastic whose potential was cut all too short.

We love you Hobbie, and the Montgomery APA will never be the same without you. And all of us that had the pleasure of knowing you are only all the better for it. Thank you, my dear friend, just for being who you were. I love you brother...

Sack

pooltchr
12-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Mu condolences for the loss of your friend.

sj