PDA

View Full Version : Purchased votes...

sack316
12-21-2009, 05:29 PM
think I'll start this thread for us to list purchased votes. Heaven forbid a bill stand on its own merits or anything.

I think we already covered Louisiana before on here.

Senator Nelson from Nebraska got a sweet special deal to secure his vote:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Not only did Sen. Ben Nelson help cut a deal that covers the state's estimated $45 million annual cost of expanding Medicare coverage all other states will have to share in the cost insurance companies in Nebraska will get tax and fee breaks. </div></div>

link (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jsftYLTMdCUrhHSUVjAbhzGI0HjwD9CNVKI00)

I'm sure there'll be plenty more, so let's use this thread and see what we come up with.

Sack

pooltchr
12-21-2009, 06:23 PM
I believe I heard tonight that Wisconsin is getting a new hospital, and some moeny to help cover the increase in Medicare payouts.

When someone asked Harry about it, he made some comment to the effect that you could go through the bill and pick it apart and find a lot of money going to different states.

They aren't even trying to hide their vote buying!!!!

Steve

Gayle in MD
12-29-2009, 08:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">think I'll start this thread for us to list purchased votes. Heaven forbid a bill stand on its own merits or anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Not only did Sen. Ben Nelson help cut a deal that covers the state's estimated $45 million annual cost of expanding Medicare coverage all other states will have to share in the cost insurance companies in Nebraska will get tax and fee breaks. </div></div>

link (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jsftYLTMdCUrhHSUVjAbhzGI0HjwD9CNVKI00)

I'm sure there'll be plenty more, so let's use this thread and see what we come up with.

Sack </div></div>

LMAO!

Yeah, you do that. Just start from nine years ago....

Guess you think this is something new?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

LWW
12-29-2009, 08:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">think I'll start this thread for us to list purchased votes. Heaven forbid a bill stand on its own merits or anything.

Sack </div></div>

LMAO!

Yeah, you do that. Just start from nine years ago....

Guess you think this is something new?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

It was wrong then and it's wrong now.

Some of us can see that ... of course, others can't.

LWW