PDA

View Full Version : Let's start a war on Christmas

pooltchr
12-22-2009, 03:45 PM
I have recently come to the conclusion that everything about Christmas is bad, and we need to stop it.

Santa is a poor role model for kids. With his big fat belly, he obviously has an eating disorder and is obese. How can we expect our children to eat healthy with sights like this everywhere?

Cutting down trees to use as temporary home decorations depletes the forests, which isn't good for the environment. Christmas trees should be immediately banned!

How many more trees are killed to make wrapping paper, which is in the trash on December 26, heading toward some overloaded landfill?

How much extra fuel do we burn with all those extra trips to the mall to buy some gift that will likely cause the recipient to make an extra trip to the mall to exchange it after Christmas?

How much extra electricity does it take to light up all those lawn decorations, Christmas trees, and city streats all across the country.

Christmas travel wastes millions of gallons of fuel with all the extra flying and driving families are obligated to do every year.

Just imagine how much global warming we could eliminate if we would just do away with this entire silly holiday!!!!!!!!!

Steve
how's that for being politically correct?

Steve

cushioncrawler
12-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I sort of agree -- but i reckon that we could more or less do what we all do now -- but giv the season a proper name -- rather than a Christian name.
What would be a good name ???????
"NewYear" might be ok.
madMac.

pooltchr
12-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Mac,
I'm sorry that you sort of agree with that...everything in the post was intended to point out the lunacy of the far left PC environmentalist wack-o's.

Steve

cushioncrawler
12-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Steve -- Yeah i could see that. Talking about Xmas trees -- we cut one down in forest about a mile from home az uzual -- but this time madSherie wanted a big one -- so we got one about 6m tall -- took 15 minutes to get it on the roof rack -- shood hav uzed the trailer -- then it fell off on the corrugated road, and we had to get it on the racks again -- killed us, my kneck woz sore for days -- luckyly no'one came along.
Then getting it up woz a drama -- i hadta cut a bit off both ends first, our ceiling iz under 5m -- i lifted while madSherie pulled on the rope and tackle -- it sure iz big -- and about 4m dia too.
When i throw it out i will havta cut it into say 3 pieces.
madMac.