PDA

View Full Version : Where to get ringwork done on a cue?

bignick31985
12-28-2009, 02:03 PM
I bought an 8pt Predator sneaky pete a while back. Fantastic cue for the money.

However, I went wrapless to save some coin, and now I'd like to add two rings to the cue.

There is an area right where the 8pts meet that have small gaps between them. If you have seen the cue then you know what I mean. I'd like to add a ring there, and then one down at the bottom of the cue, where a ring would go at the bottom of a wrap, except I dont want to add a wrap.

Just adding rings? How much does that run, and where can I go to get the work done?

pooltchr
12-28-2009, 02:47 PM
You might try getting up with Mike Guylassi. I don't know if it's possible to add rings to a completed cue or not, but if anyone would know, it would be Mike.

Steve

LWW
01-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Check out HERE (http://www.seyberts.com/) and see if they can help you.

I've never had them do ring work, but they have done some other cue work for myself and friends and have always done so at a good price with a fast turnaround and I can't recall anyone ever complaining.

LWW

Cornerman
01-03-2010, 12:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bignick31985</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought an 8pt Predator sneaky pete a while back. Fantastic cue for the money.

However, I went wrapless to save some coin, and now I'd like to add two rings to the cue.

There is an area right where the 8pts meet that have small gaps between them. If you have seen the cue then you know what I mean. I'd like to add a ring there, and then one down at the bottom of the cue, where a ring would go at the bottom of a wrap, except I dont want to add a wrap.

Just adding rings? How much does that run, and where can I go to get the work done? </div></div>You want to add rings at the A and B joints On a Sneaky Pete?

I wouldn't if I were you. I suppose someone could do a split ring, but IMO, that's a bad idea.

I would probably ask Ryan Theewen at Mueller Recreation as my first choice.

Fred