PDA

View Full Version : Off base?

Qtec
12-30-2009, 07:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't agree with Ron Paul on a lot of issues, but one of them I do agree with him with is our military presence in the Middle East being one of the causes of terrorism. Ben Stein acts like he's never heard such a thing and the conversation gets pretty heated with Sheila Jackson Lee stuck in the middle. I have a very hard time believing that Ben Stein has never heard that argument made before. Saying you disagree with it is one thing. Pretending you've never heard the argument made is ridiculous.

'KING: Ron Paul, you want to respond first to the congresswoman and then Ben.

PAUL: Yes, I do.

KING: Go ahead.

PAUL: One thing that is missing here is never asking the question what is the motive? He said why he was -- he did it. He said it was because we bombed Yemen two weeks ago. That was his motive. Osama bin Laden said that he has a plan for America. First, he wants to bog us down in the Middle East in a no-win war. He wants to bankrupt this country, demoralize us, as well as have us do things that motivate people to join his radical movement.

It seems like we've fallen into his trap. Why is it off base? Today, when the gentleman indicated that he did it because of the bombing, you know what the administration said? They dismissed it. It can't possibly be so. If you dismiss motivations for why they hate us, we can never resolve this. There's hate on both sides. You have to ask the question, why do they hate? And they usually come up with a reason. And we're foolish not to take that into consideration.

KING: Ben?

STEIN: Well, that's -- I have never heard anything quite like that in my whole life. </div></div>
dust up............ Paul v Stein (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/ron-paul-vs-ben-stein-dust-terrorism)

Stein goes on the defensive and uses the 'anti-semitic', get out of jail, card.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PAUL: Why are they terrorists?

STEIN: Surely congressman --

PAUL: Why are they terrorists?

STEIN: They're terrorists and murders because they are psychos.

PAUL: They're terrorists because we're occupiers.

(CROSS TALK)

STEIN: <u>No, we're not occupiers. That's the same anti-Semitic argument we've heard.</u>

PAUL: Now that is a vicious attack. You -- </div></div>

So you see, the USA cannot possibly have done anything wrong in the past to account for the huge anti-American sentiment in the ME and Israel is not responsible either. Obviously the Palestinian suicide bombers were all psycho's with nothing better to do,........ absolutely nothing to do with the world's largest prison......The Gaza Strip.

Israel is on a mission. They want Jerusalem and most of the land. They want to control the water and confine the Palestinians to 2 'reservations'. This has caused a lot of resentment in the ME and the USA backs them up everytime, no matter what they do.

The Israeli's have nukes and that's OK with the USA, but when Iran shows interest in WMD technology, what does Uncle Sam say?

If you look at the facts , this OBVIOUS hypocrisy is plain for all to see, even the Arabs!

IMO, solving the Palestinian problem would be the biggest step to security America could make.

Better hurry.

Q

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reporting from Jerusalem - An Israeli government plan to build nearly 700 homes for Jewish families in Palestinian-dominated East Jerusalem drew fire Monday from the Obama administration, which called the plan a hindrance to relaunching peace talks. </div></div> no peace (http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-fg-israel-building29-2009dec29,0,4929127.story)

Gayle in MD
12-31-2009, 01:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't agree with Ron Paul on a lot of issues, but one of them I do agree with him with is our military presence in the Middle East being one of the causes of terrorism. Ben Stein acts like he's never heard such a thing and the conversation gets pretty heated with Sheila Jackson Lee stuck in the middle. I have a very hard time believing that Ben Stein has never heard that argument made before. Saying you disagree with it is one thing. Pretending you've never heard the argument made is ridiculous.

'KING: Ron Paul, you want to respond first to the congresswoman and then Ben.

PAUL: Yes, I do.

KING: Go ahead.

PAUL: One thing that is missing here is never asking the question what is the motive? He said why he was -- he did it. He said it was because we bombed Yemen two weeks ago. That was his motive. Osama bin Laden said that he has a plan for America. First, he wants to bog us down in the Middle East in a no-win war. He wants to bankrupt this country, demoralize us, as well as have us do things that motivate people to join his radical movement.

It seems like we've fallen into his trap. Why is it off base? Today, when the gentleman indicated that he did it because of the bombing, you know what the administration said? They dismissed it. It can't possibly be so. If you dismiss motivations for why they hate us, we can never resolve this. There's hate on both sides. You have to ask the question, why do they hate? And they usually come up with a reason. And we're foolish not to take that into consideration.

KING: Ben?

STEIN: Well, that's -- I have never heard anything quite like that in my whole life. </div></div>
dust up............ Paul v Stein (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/ron-paul-vs-ben-stein-dust-terrorism)

Stein goes on the defensive and uses the 'anti-semitic', get out of jail, card.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PAUL: Why are they terrorists?

STEIN: Surely congressman --

PAUL: Why are they terrorists?

STEIN: They're terrorists and murders because they are psychos.

PAUL: They're terrorists because we're occupiers.

(CROSS TALK)

STEIN: <u>No, we're not occupiers. That's the same anti-Semitic argument we've heard.</u>

PAUL: Now that is a vicious attack. You -- </div></div>

So you see, the USA cannot possibly have done anything wrong in the past to account for the huge anti-American sentiment in the ME and Israel is not responsible either. Obviously the Palestinian suicide bombers were all psycho's with nothing better to do,........ absolutely nothing to do with the world's largest prison......The Gaza Strip.

Israel is on a mission. They want Jerusalem and most of the land. They want to control the water and confine the Palestinians to 2 'reservations'. This has caused a lot of resentment in the ME and the USA backs them up everytime, no matter what they do.

The Israeli's have nukes and that's OK with the USA, but when Iran shows interest in WMD technology, what does Uncle Sam say?

If you look at the facts , this OBVIOUS hypocrisy is plain for all to see, even the Arabs!

IMO, solving the Palestinian problem would be the biggest step to security America could make.

Better hurry.

Q

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reporting from Jerusalem - An Israeli government plan to build nearly 700 homes for Jewish families in Palestinian-dominated East Jerusalem drew fire Monday from the Obama administration, which called the plan a hindrance to relaunching peace talks. </div></div> no peace (http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-and-world/la-fg-israel-building29-2009dec29,0,4929127.story) </div></div>

I couldn't agree with you more.

It is long past time that Israel realize and understand that they have to do their part, and make their own peace with their neighbors in the M.E.

The USA has been far too pro Israel, and not held an even hand on the problems in the Middle East.

Like you, I don't agree with everything Paul says, but I do find myself agreeing with some of his statements and ideas.

G.

eg8r
12-31-2009, 06:24 AM
It is tough making peace with the group that continually sends suicide bombers in to kill women and children.

eg8r

Qtec
12-31-2009, 12:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is tough making peace with the group that continually sends suicide bombers in to kill women and children.

eg8r </div></div>

For about the zillinth time you refuse to answer the post and change the topic.

Dimwits like you would say that the Palestinian suicide bombers blew up buses for no reason. Just because their actions can't be justified, doesn't mean to say we can't have a discussion on why they do it or if they have logical reasons for doing what they do. Like Stein, you go on the defensive and blame the other side. If every action causes a reaction, what was the action that caused a bunch of guys to fly planes into the twin towers?

The Palestinians have never fought for Islam. They are different to Al Q. They are fighting for the rights that you and I take for granted.

Imagine tomorrow you want to take the family to see their Grandma. You get to the first checkpoint and its closed. So you drive 90 miles to the next one and they won't let you through. etc etc...........eventually , you catch on, they are [playing you, you will never get to where you want to go...............HOW DO YOU FEEL?
Imagine this happens everyday, 10 times a day you are humiliated. 10 times a day you are treated as a 2nd class citizen.....how would you feel?

Q