PDA

View Full Version : Crazy or not...

eg8r
12-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Yesterday afternoon my bro called me up and offered me a ticket to sit on the 50 yard line about half way up at the Champs Bowl to watch the Hurricanes. Coming from Boca Raton I grew up watching Hurricane football. Actually until attending the University of Florida I was a die hard Hurricane. So when the offer was presented I jumped on it. Then later in the evening my mother offered to let the kids spend the night so I saw that as a perfect chance to take my wife on a date. I called my bro and gave him back the ticket and my wife and I went to dinner and a movie. If you have not seen it, Blind Side is an awesome movie. I have always wanted to adopt a child in "the system" but not a baby. It seems once these kids get to a certain age no one will adopt them. Anyways, my bro ended up watching a game which the Hurricanes did not play well and sat out in the 50 degrees weather while I was in the comfort of a movie theater. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Which would you choose, the game or a date with your wife?

eg8r

Qtec
12-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Nobody in their right mind would adopt a puber.

I am teachiung two kids. One is 11 and the other is 13 going on 14. Guess which one gives me the most problems.
Q

Qtec
12-30-2009, 02:00 PM
So you gave up the chance to watch a football game from close up!

WOW.....God will be pleased.

The fact that YOU think this is a big deal says a lot.

Q

wolfdancer
12-30-2009, 02:20 PM
what's a "bro"?

LWW
12-30-2009, 02:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what's a "bro"? </div></div>

Whassupwiddat shizzle?

LWW

Gayle in MD
12-31-2009, 01:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you gave up the chance to watch a football game from close up!

Q </div></div>

LOL, I was thinking the same thing, exactly! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

You do that a lot, Q.

G.

sack316
12-31-2009, 04:45 AM
Blind Side was an awesome movie. In fact, I have yet to come across anybody that didn't love it. And half the fun was being in a theater here in the heart of SEC country, with all the coaches making cameos! Saban comes on screen, half the theater boos while the other half cheers. Tubberville comes on screen, half boos and half cheer. Fulmer comes on screen, everyone boos! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Nice choice to have date night. Tough to pass up seeing a bowl game. A few years ago I worked security at the Peach Bowl (Chik-Fil-a Bowl) for LSU-Miami. I was on field clearing room for a sideline camera running up and down, and also "guarded" Mr. Lynn Swan during his sideline reports. It was freakin' awesome watching the game from the sideline... unfortunately now any seats in the stands, while still great sometimes, can just never compare to actually being down there in the middle. Not televised was a fight in the tunnel after the game, which I got to be right there for too /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

sack316
12-31-2009, 04:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you gave up the chance to watch a football game from close up!

Q </div></div>

Harsh Q... I dunno how to compare it. Maybe like watching your all time favorite team in KNVB at Amsterdam ArenA or Feijenoord Stadion with awesome seats at a postseason game.

The only valid knock on Ed here is his support of "The U" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

eg8r
12-31-2009, 05:55 AM
Very cool. I have a buddy that works for a local broadcast station and he gets on the field for all the events. I was hoping to get a field pass (press pass) for one of the Gator games this past year but it never worked out. My bro-in-law works for a company that installs the audio video systems for ball parks and stadiums and he gets on the field all the time.

eg8r

eg8r
12-31-2009, 05:57 AM
LOL, I don't know that God will care but my wife was very appreciative. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif The last bowl game I went to was in 96 when the Gators won the National Championship. It was a blast.

eg8r

eg8r
12-31-2009, 05:59 AM
LOL, grew up watching them. Actually my father owned a tow truck company and he was contracted for all the towing on campus when I was younger. I have been around the Hurricanes all my life. Even offered part-scholarship to play my horn there. The problem with that is they did not offer enough. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~real problem is I was not good enough to ask for more /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
12-31-2009, 06:00 AM
Considering your discussions here about your family, it is understandable you would not know.

eg8r

eg8r
12-31-2009, 06:02 AM
I can understand that.

eg8r

sack316
12-31-2009, 03:15 PM
lol, just ribbing ya a bit. I've got a good buddy who is Miami through and through. And dunno if you saw it or not, but ESPN did a 30 in 30 (I think that's what they call the program) special that you'd probably love.

Sack

wolfdancer
01-01-2010, 01:48 AM
leave my family out of your f*****G posts, you slimeball pos...

eg8r
01-01-2010, 02:58 PM
After your PM to me you are going to call me a slimeball?

eg8r

eg8r
01-01-2010, 02:59 PM
I did not see that special. I will to see if I can find it online.

eg8r

eg8r
01-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Well, I must have pissed off the college football gods. After turning down a free ticket to the 'Canes game I decided to accept a ticket to the Penn St/LSU game. Well, it rained like crazy prior to the game and then the wind picked up and the temps dropped. We were freezing our butts off so we left at halftime. Penn St was killing LSU and now that I am home I see LSU is in the lead. Lots of bad luck I guess. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
01-01-2010, 03:05 PM
if you want to insult my family, I can hook you up with four of them that would be interested in what you have to say.

sack316
01-01-2010, 03:12 PM
http://30for30.espn.com/film/the-u.html

there's some stuff about it and a few clips

Sack

eg8r
01-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Sorry pops but 9/10 times you are the one that eggs things on.

eg8r

wolfdancer
01-01-2010, 06:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UznxI3Z4NU8&feature=related

wolfdancer
01-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Sorry "guys", but God is only concerned if Notre Dame is playing