PDA

View Full Version : Support for Coach Leach?

eg8r
12-31-2009, 07:22 AM
How on earth can anyone offer support for Mike Leach? I understand all the accusations are alleged at this point but when was the last time a school came down so hard on a coach for a "first" offense? Me personally I probably side with the kid. If Leach wanted to do something then he could have just taken back the scholarship, but to lock him in a closet that was just wrong.

eg8r

sack316
12-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Sounds like a crazy situation. I wasn't so sure about it all, but considering the kid took a video with his cel phone, and Leach hasn't outright denied anything (but rather offered alternative "truths") I think the University did what they have to do to cover themselves.

I wouldn't imagine this action to be an isolated incident, and we'll probably hear of more such stories come out over the next few weeks. Such a shame, as he did a great job with that program. I for the life of me can't understand what woulda been so hard about saying "OK kid, hang out in the trainers room with the docs for a while".

Sack

eg8r
01-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I am sure there are more instances, whether we hear about it or not. It just does not make sense to fire him for a first time offense.

eg8r

wolfdancer
01-01-2010, 07:49 PM
being caught for the first time is not the same as doing something for the first time....now take GWB, Neil, and Jeb for example.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

eg8r
01-02-2010, 12:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">being caught for the first time is not the same as doing something for the first time....</div></div>Directly from the Department of Redundancy Department.

eg8r