PDA

View Full Version : This board sucks....

sack316
01-01-2010, 06:51 AM
...and sorry for any part I had to do with it (I know I am not exempt from the poison spewed here). But once upon a time I gave thanks each year for the "family" I had here. This year I had no desire to do such a thing. Nothing personal to anyone here... but wow just read through this last year of posts and it's no wonder why so many members are gone and/or taking hiatus.

And again, I do realize I am just as much a part of the demise as anyone else. And it saddens me to think that only a few years ago I turned to this forum in a public manner to disclose and vent my beginnings as a recovering alcoholic here. But at the time, it was just that comfortable... just that much as a "family" atmosphere with all of you.

And now, to be honest I wouldn't even tell when I'm brushing my teeth, much less more personal information. I've seen my personal trials exploited here to make points.... to go polar opposite I've seen Gayle's personal trials exploited in the same way. Sometimes by our own persons. I say that as my own obvious faults and wrong-doings out there, and with faith that Gayle will realize and acknowledge the same... only with our personal history serving as a backdrop to be used as such an example... that I feel is well known among the board through both of us... though truer examples are much more glaring and obvious than those I mention.

So I personally, hope to resolve and attempt to keep future discussions in relation to the topic at hand. I will try to not enter my "way back" machine to dispute current points, in hopes of creating and developing relevant discussion to what is brought forth at any given time... regardless of past statements. I will admit fully that my prior criticism of the previous administration (while never an endorsement) was severely lacking. Be it through partisanship or ignorance, my negative commentary over previous years was admittedly insufficient.

I write this in hopes that myself, and others that will hopefully follow suit, can tastefully and respectfully air our concerns and beliefs without reference to previous wrongdoings. I feel I am safe to say that none of us are anywhere near satisfied with the job left behind as of January 2009. I honestly do not feel there is a "Bush defender" on this board (though if I am wrong, please correct me).

So with that said, I hope we can resume civil and considerate discussion here... much like the old days on this board. I hope I am not wasting my breath, but feel if we can all just suck it up and try to start over, we can make this a great place again. I hope I am not too optimistic in those hopes, and I will try to do my part... and in the end that's all I can do. We will quickly see if that is possible, and I will attempt to fairly point out any difference to that point as long as I am around...

Hope you all have a great new year, and let us all try to swallow our individual pride and make this a decent place again... it starts with YOU... right now...

Sack

wolfdancer
01-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Sack, the board has no chance of returning to what it used to be, as long as lww remains here.

sack316
01-01-2010, 01:02 PM
It's up to each individual. Really.

Sack

wolfdancer
01-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I just saw Gayle's name , being dragged through the muck anew, over on az.......it just confirms my own beliefs about what has happened to this board.....

eg8r
01-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Sack you are right and I admit I have played my part also. In fact like yourself I have mentioned personal things and they to were used as an attempt to insult by the very same "mouth in md". I tried a couple times to tone it down but the few (not counting qtip he is innocent) just keep egging it on and driving me down to their level. As always I strive to do better.

eg8r <~~~doesn't do New Years resolutions

jayalley
01-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Great post.

I was taken by that "no Bush defenders here" statement...because that is actually really true for me....though I liked him and thought he was a good man with a good heart, I was always against the Iraq war as the wrong war in the wrong place (yes, not your typical Jewish war profiteer) and I thought that W was bad for the Republican Party and allowed the Republican control of Congress to be squandered. (2006 and 2008 speak to that.) But, I supported him, and I think that the unhinged attacks on him on this forum made it all seem otherwise. Why not defend him from such an uncivilized onslaught? Certainly the aloof and hard-to-characterize occupant in the current White House makes Bush seem so much from another, quainter era.

As to your main point, I am going to try and refrain from posting anymore on this forum as long as I can. Big deal, huh....not that I was ever very prolific, but I had been a reader for quite awhile before ever posting. I only jumped in when some posters here were posting outrageous stuff that I wasn't seeing even on HuffPo and the other Leftist sites. I don't think that anyone here is "obsessed" with this Gayle, oh please, but she introduced a viciousness that is truly remarkable. She has this quality to her "convictions" that seem to rouse many of the regulars here to stout responses. I felt it,too. Mea culpa. I got suckered in to responding to that (and some definite religious slurs on her part)...I am sorry for that now...and I don't particularly wish to feel that way on a regular basis. There is a good core here, but everyone has their lines drawn and it's really just about talking at each other. As a partisan, yes, I will say that it's a group of good guys against two hard core Lefties with occasional Qtip posts (good) and a smattering of others. What's the point of all this? I'd rather post at the other massive Leftie sites where at least some people might waver in their delusions and, rarely, change some of their views. (I think that the next year or two of Obama will do much more in that direction than I ever can.)

I know that I will hardly be missed. I really enjoy the instincts of the like-minded posters here and I will continue to read them. But, the forum and my blood pressure will be better off if I attempt to 12-step NPR.

Cheers !!

wolfdancer
01-01-2010, 05:48 PM
"The good guys against two bad guys...." what a ******* joke.
This is America....and we fought wars against nations of people that think like yourself
Too bad you don't like Gayle's convictions, and that she doesn't march to the beat of your drum....she also doesn't go around on right wing sites pretending that she loves big brother...or maybe that was llotter, and not you......but who really cares where you go, and what you pretend to be....after the first couple of posts....if they can't figure it out....then i feel sorry for them....they deserve to have an impostor on their site.

milesmuhldoon
01-09-2010, 01:57 PM
the Board may suck, Sack, but you Swallow!. (lol)

hondo
01-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks, Sack. An excellent post.

hondo
01-09-2010, 09:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack, the board has no chance of returning to what it used to be, as long as lww remains here. </div></div>

Sure, it can.If you and I quit arguing with those who annoy us,
thus feeding on their cheap thrills, we can have a decent forum and folks wiil return.

Just put certain folks on ignore and move on.
Or admit that you secretly enjoy fussing with them.

Which is it?
Not meaning to upset you, but you know I am speaking the truth.

You and I do NOT HAVE TO ARGUE WITH DUB.
We have chosen to, haven't we?

hondo
01-09-2010, 09:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack you are right and I admit I have played my part also. In fact like yourself I have mentioned personal things and they to were used as an attempt to insult by the very same "mouth in md". I tried a couple times to tone it down but the few (not counting qtip he is innocent) just keep egging it on and driving me down to their level. As always I strive to do better.

eg8r &lt;~~~doesn't do New Years resolutions </div></div>

And I also, Eg. I sincerely mean that.

Good post BTW.

hondo
01-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote Jayalley:

"I know that I will hardly be missed."

You've said a mouthful there, ole buddy.

As I read your post , time and again you insulted certain posters
while pretending that this was your reconciliation post.

No, you will not be missed at all. Good riddance, I say.

wolfdancer
01-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Sack is one of the good guys here....doesn't go around pretending to be anything that he isn't, doesn't brag, and doesn't post just to insult others.

sack316
01-10-2010, 01:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milesmuhldoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the Board may suck, Sack, but you Swallow!. (lol) </div></div>

I only pitch my friend... don't do the catching. But given that your s/n is that of a character of an off-broadway musical comedy, I must wonder... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
01-10-2010, 08:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack you are right and I admit I have played my part also. In fact like yourself I have mentioned personal things and they to were used as an attempt to insult by the very same "mouth in md". I tried a couple times to tone it down but the few (not counting qtip he is innocent) just keep egging it on and driving me down to their level. As always I strive to do better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In fact like yourself I have mentioned personal things and they to were used as an attempt to insult by the very same "mouth in md". </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Unbelievable! You are, and have been since you arrived here, the most prevalent personal insultor of all.

Even when you are on ignore for months, you consistantly post behind me with personal insults. You stalk me non stop.

Then, when you finally get some of the same medicine thrown back in your own face, you think you can play the innocent role???

Just don't post to me, or about me, Ed, and I will gladly do the same, as I have asked you for years, and as you have consistantly refused to cooperate. You are unable to post without vicious personal insults, like Jayalley, LWW, Steve, and all of the people who came over here from AZB....

We should just ignore one another permanently, as I have done with LWW, Jayalley, Vapros, Sev, Bamadog, and a whole list of other attackers. You, of all people, whining about personal insults? Unbelievable!</span>

LWW
01-10-2010, 08:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>"Old excuse like ancient billy goat ... has many whiskers."</span>
-Charlie Chan-</div></div>

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Sack,
This is a nice gesture, and good luck with it.

As my name seems to be singled out by you, and I'm targeted also by Ed, (of all people!) and a few others in this thread who post on here purely to attack me, specifically, please come up with one single person on this board who has made the effort I have made over the years to ignore my attackers, for extended periods of time, while under consistant, vicious attacks? Just name one person who has made the efforts I have made over the years to appeal, both publically, and privately, to some, like Ed, for example, for cooperating with more mature, less vicious, more harmonious, civil discourse around here.

I'm far from the leader in personal attacks, or in exploiting private information which has been revealed by choice...nor have I ever dug around in someone else's personal life, in an effort to pot shot with intimidating, code words.

You guys around here are offended by a woman who is just as persistant in her convictions, as you all are...and when and if you can learn to behave like grown men, instead of like teenaged thugs, I think you'll find that my posts, while you may not agree with any of them, represent the least failure to keep the subject matter focused on the issues, rather than targeting others and taking the discussion to a personal level.

The right believes that they can write anything they wish to bash Obama, and the Democratics, but when anyone from the left, (and there are probably only four or five of us left on here) does the same thing, it is treated as a personal attack.

That was the M.O. of the right from the start....they experienced bashing Bush, and his thugs, as a personal attack.

For example, we are now seeing, once again, that men in positions of power, heading several government national security agencies, have shown themselves to be so ego driven, AGAIN, that another attack almost took place, because they prefer to compete, instead of cooperate with one another....

I can recall, after reading a number of books after 9/11, that simple statement, was (and still is) true... that same phenomenon played a role in failing to prevent the 9/11 attack, and now, again, we see the same thing.

My allusion to that phenomenon, was met with accusations of being a man hater, pretty funny, since most of my friends are men.

That's just one example....there are many others.

Suffice it to say, I overlook plenty around here, given that I am the main target. I'd like to see you, or any other so called "Man" here, match my overall patience.

As per your suggestion for a more reasoned debate here, I am all for it. There is, however, only one thing that I can do to contribute to that goal, and that is to ignore many posters here...IOW, continue to do what I already do, most of the time....Ignore above all, Ed, the worst here, for personal family insults, IMO, LWW, Jayalley, Vapros, Steve, and the others like them, including the recent addition from AZB, and keep them all on ignore. I would hope, that others who read their attacks, would not quote them in the future, since that undermines the ignore function.

G.

milesmuhldoon
01-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Gayle, you're whole problem is that you live in some fantasy world of peace and love and togetherness and all that other flower child baloney. you'd be gobbled up and spit out down the storm drains out in the real world. you're just another windbag.

hondo
01-10-2010, 10:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack you are right and I admit I have played my part also. In fact like yourself I have mentioned personal things and they to were used as an attempt to insult by the very same "mouth in md". I tried a couple times to tone it down but the few (not counting qtip he is innocent) just keep egging it on and driving me down to their level. As always I strive to do better.

<span style="color: #000066">Unbelievable~! </span> </div></div>

I too was impressed. We shall see.

hondo
01-10-2010, 11:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milesmuhldoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle, you're whole problem is that you live in some fantasy world of peace and love and togetherness and all that other flower child baloney. you'd be gobbled up and spit out down the storm drains out in the real world. you're just another windbag. </div></div>

Love is all you need.-Lennon and McCartney

All we are saying is give peace a chance.-Lennon and McCartney

She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah. - Lennon and McCartney

Speaking words of wisdom. Let it be. - Lennon and McCartney

milesmuhldoon
01-10-2010, 11:11 AM
my favourite band. great times, great memories...but even they turned on each other. ''love is all you need'' well, now...sometimes you got to wake up from dreaming.

hondo
01-10-2010, 11:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milesmuhldoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my favourite band. great times, great memories...but even they turned on each other. ''love is all you need'' well, now...sometimes you got to wake up from dreaming. </div></div>

It's all Yoko's fault.

EVIL... EVIL, I say.

eg8r
01-10-2010, 01:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The right believes that they can write anything they wish to bash Obama, and the Democratics</div></div>You felt the same way about W and the Reps. On top of that, you felt the same way about Obama when you were slandering him.

eg8r

eg8r
01-10-2010, 02:01 PM
LOL, blah blah blah.

eg8r

wolfdancer
01-10-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't think that was the gist of her post. Her views re politics are well known, as are yours. The difference is that...She is the subject of personal attacks for her beliefs....

Gayle in MD
01-10-2010, 02:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think that was the gist of her post. Her views re politics are well known, as are yours. The difference is that...She is the subject of personal attacks for her beliefs.... </div></div>

Thank you. Don't know what he said, he's back on my ignore list.

I can bet you one thing, though. He won't stop. He can't stop. He's completely unable to control himself.

G.

wolfdancer
01-10-2010, 02:24 PM
And you know this...how?
Gayle is the most well read on politics, of anybody on this board.
She is personal friends with a respected political columnist, and with a U.S.Senator. She also visits the wounded veterans at Walter Reed hospital. She and her husband have been very successful in business, and have the trappings to show for it.
I'm sure your one qualifications are exemplary, and you are too modest to list them....I'm guessing a Master's degree in Political Science, and that you already have a "clear" using an E-meter, from the church of Tom Cruise.

LWW
01-10-2010, 02:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think that was the gist of her post. Her views re politics are well known, as are yours. The difference is that...She is the subject of personal attacks for her beliefs.... </div></div>

That was just precious.

LWW

hondo
01-10-2010, 03:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you know this...how?
She is personal friends with a respected political columnist, and with a U.S.Senator. She also visits the wounded veterans at Walter Reed hospital. She and her husband have been very successful in business, and have the trappings to show for it.
I'm sure your one qualifications are exemplary, and you are too modest to list them....I'm guessing a Master's degree in Political Science, and that you already have a "clear" using an E-meter, from the church of Tom Cruise.
</div></div>

If he has a Master's in Poly Sci and spells and writes the way he does , then the neo-cons are dead on in their disdain for the quality of education received in institutes of higher learning.

I don't believe he is educated.

JohnnyD
01-10-2010, 07:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you know this...how?
</div></div>

If he has a Master's in Poly Sci and spells and writes the way he does , then the neo-cons are dead on in their disdain for the quality of education received in institutes of higher learning.

I don't believe he is educated. </div></div>Hondo it's those nasty neo-cons..How's my friend hondo ?

JohnnyD
01-10-2010, 07:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quote Jayalley:

"I know that I will hardly be missed."

You've said a mouthful there, ole buddy.

As I read your post , time and again you insulted certain posters
while pretending that this was your reconciliation post.Hondo now don't be mean.

No, you will not be missed at all. Good riddance, I say. </div></div>

eg8r
01-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Has nothing to do with control. I choose not to allow you to post whatever you want with free abandon.

eg8r

milesmuhldoon
01-11-2010, 11:19 AM
I know a lot of Ph.ds whom can't drive a car, screw in a screw, or open a can of paint...
and lord help them walking down a street at night.

hondo
01-11-2010, 12:35 PM
In college I was a drum major and a coal minor.

milesmuhldoon
01-11-2010, 12:57 PM
right, right, and you were a morn then, too.

wolfdancer
01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
I read the reply....what's a morn?

hondo
01-11-2010, 04:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
I read the reply....what's a morn? </div></div>

At least he responded to the right post for the first time ever.

Still think this guy has his Master's , Wolfie? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
01-11-2010, 05:07 PM
maybe from one of them online universities?

JohnnyD
01-11-2010, 07:45 PM
That would be my guess.He seems to be a neo-con too.

hondo
01-11-2010, 10:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would be my guess.He seems to be a neo-con too. </div></div>

LOL! Good one, Johnny.