PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Bowl

eg8r
01-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Wow, if those Gators had shown up a few weeks ago, they would be playing in the National Championship game. It was nice to prove to the country that Cincinatti did not belong in that game.

eg8r

sack316
01-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Yeah, that was a dominating effort!

I still don't want to speculate too much... but Dunlap played in this one. And until garbage time in the game, The Gators made a very potent Cincy offense look anemic... which gave the Florida offense plenty of opportunities with the ball. I still think that was a big difference in the team we saw yesterday versus the team we saw in Atlanta a few weeks back.

On another note, was glad to see Tebow end his college career with the performance of a lifetime! The announcers said something that I really liked. They were talking about all the "haters" and jealousy non-Florida fans tend to spew about Tebow. They then said something like "and I don't know why they rag him so hard, name me one parent that wouldn't want to see their child develop into the kind of man Tebow is".

Sack

eg8r
01-02-2010, 05:31 PM
I am telling you, if Dunlap was in that game and Spikes was healthy I think things would have been much different in the SEC championship. I don't know if the outcome would be different or not simply because the Gators just did not have the "kill em" attitude this year like the previous year. Dunlap and a healthy Spikes makes a totally different defense on the field. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

As far as Tebow, I could not be happier. They have talked like crazy about how he is not an NFL quarterback and they might all be correct, for now, but last night he was awesome. Tebow needs to quicken his release though. In the NFL those tackles and backs are going to be coming at him a lot quicker and he cannot be dropping the ball down to his hip before throwing it or it is going to get knocked out of his hands. As far as what the announcer said, he was spot on. People are just sick and tired of hearing about Tebow, but you will find few people who are not impressed with him on and more importantly OFF the field.

eg8r <~~~wonders why sports related posts never generate much discussion here

sack316
01-02-2010, 06:31 PM
yeah, mechanically Tebow is a long way off from what an NFL Qb needs to be. But I'll tell ya what, he's the last person in the world I would bet against!

The footwork and arm motion can be taught. He will need experience in running through progressions, which the UF play calling does not do. But again, that's something that can be learned. What he does have are intangible things such as his heart, determination, and outstanding leadership qualities. Those things cannot be taught, and I'm positive someone in the NFL will recognize that.

Sack