PDA

View Full Version : Oh the good ole days...

eg8r
01-05-2010, 01:53 PM
I was looking through the Search and came across this old thread and it reminded me of my short time out in Fort Worth and was just wondering what has happened to some of the people out there... Good times at Billy Weirs (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=10740&Number=114419#Post114419)

People I have lost track of...Kato, Wally in Cincy (couldn't post from work), rackmup. Anyone here heard from these guys?

eg8r

dg-in-centralpa
01-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Kato is now ARJ and comes to the CCB Open every year in October.

DG

hondo
01-06-2010, 01:49 PM
I met Wally at Derby City about 4 years ago.
He saw me standing with a guy in a WVU shirt, figured
I might be Hondo, and came up and introduced himself. Good guy.

milesmuhldoon
01-06-2010, 01:52 PM
knew a guy in Chicago who went by the nickname Rackmup...what a drunken dipshit.

eg8r
01-06-2010, 02:16 PM
That doesn't sound like Ken.

eg8r

eg8r
Very cool. He came to Orlando one time and we played some pool but that was the last I had heard of him.

eg8r

hondo
No, this Rackmup posted on here and AZ.

Deeman3
01-06-2010, 03:08 PM
I rememberr posting under Snake in about 1998 or 1999, then Deeman, Deeman2, Deemaninalabama and lastly DeeMan3.

All my multiple personalities were fine fellows but must have argued with all but the most sane of individuals on here over the years. I miss many of our old brethern, some of whom have passed, some who must have just moved on.

I have yet to meet anyone I would not buy a drink for with the possible exception of Patrick but, of course, I never make to the moon that often these days.

My life seems almost fuller now that I don't argue politics and just accept the fact that my Grandkids can afford all of this spending. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I'll miss all of you at Derby City but am considering talking Ace into a run to the U.S. Open this year to make up for all the money I saved by staying away from the Pit at DCC! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Heck, I'll save at least a couiple of hundred on Bobby Pickell's beer. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

JohnnyD
01-06-2010, 11:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I met Wally at Derby City about 4 years ago.
He saw me standing with a guy in a WVU shirt, figured
I might be Hondo, and came up and introduced himself. Good guy. </div></div>It's hard not to see you in a crowd hondo your so tall and muscular looking.

wolfdancer
01-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Dee, you must have been around for some time, to remember the legendary Patrick...and wasn't his "thing" playing pool on the internet?
I don't remember anybody back then "talking smack"

eg8r
01-07-2010, 06:49 AM
Patrick loved Virtual Pool 3 if I remember correctly. He was definitely out there.

eg8r

Deeman3
01-07-2010, 08:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dee, you must have been around for some time, to remember the legendary Patrick...and wasn't his "thing" playing pool on the internet?
I don't remember anybody back then "talking smack" </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Jack,

Yep, in the earlier days when Fran was posting and George Fels, I was living in Grosse Point, MI. and we did have some great discussions, seemingly without much of the rancor and name calling. Yes, we argued, but in a much more civil tone.

Where I have lived during all those transitions to DeeMan3?

Grosse Point, MI. (Grosse Point Blank was being shot when i lived there, just having come back from Europe)

Helena, Ark. Retired and living on a farm there for a couple of years.

Sedalia, MO. Still can't figure out why I moved there!

York, PA. To work as a VP of Engineering sort of semi-retired!

Spartanburg, SC. Same thing, Eng. VP. on contract.

Auburn, AL. To be near my folks for a year or so. Did no work. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Longview, TX. Just another semi-retirement assignment for 2 years.

Luverne, AL. Came here the weekend after Katrina, to work closer to my parents and really, really ment to retire again but am having too much fun. Been here almost 5 years!!!!

Time flies when your getting old....:)

I miss a lot of good people who have posted over the years. </span>

wolfdancer
01-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Ed,yep, that was the game...and I even remember him posting a photo of himself with the "correct" form to use when playing....him sitting in front of his screen.
It was a one joke comedy routine, and some got tired of it, but
a couple of us liked to go along with the joke. I wish him well....probably head of some IT dep't by now.....or in a padded cell somewhere.

Gayle in MD
01-15-2010, 08:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I rememberr posting under Snake in about 1998 or 1999, then Deeman, Deeman2, Deemaninalabama and lastly DeeMan3.

All my multiple personalities were fine fellows but must have argued with all but the most sane of individuals on here over the years. I miss many of our old brethern, some of whom have passed, some who must have just moved on.

I have yet to meet anyone I would not buy a drink for with the possible exception of Patrick but, of course, I never make to the moon that often these days.

My life seems almost fuller now that I don't argue politics and just accept the fact that my Grandkids can afford all of this spending. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I'll miss all of you at Derby City but am considering talking Ace into a run to the U.S. Open this year to make up for all the money I saved by staying away from the Pit at DCC! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Heck, I'll save at least a couiple of hundred on Bobby Pickell's beer. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

I remember Rackmup, and Snake....never knew that was you, but it makes plenty of sense.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Remember some instructors bashing Hal Houle for giving free lessons, too... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I often wonder how Hal is doing. He had some serious health issues. We had a nice telephone friendship, as did Howie and I.

I'm glad I had the chance to meet CC, and his son. Hope his son is doing well these days.

G.

Deeman3
01-15-2010, 08:38 AM
I miss CC as well. I remember his son winning a small tournament somewhere but did not hear much after that.

Hal drove me nuts but I never gave him any grief. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif He was/is a sharp guy but you did have to get through some "issues" with him on occasion and fight through the smog to get some good tips and pointers.

I sonetimes think of some of the old posters we don't hear from and wonder if they are still with us. I know Secausus was having health issues when he was banned but don't know if he is still alive...

Of course, one day all of us will be gone. I had to go to Detroit for a funeral Tuesday and you will be happy to know I shook hands with your pal Nancy Pelosi. She is a much smaller person than I had thought in physical stature. And, Yes she was very pleasant and we had a nice five minute conversation not a word about politics. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
01-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Look at you having a chat with the enemy. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif My mother is aching for her shot with Crist (coming up soon) and it won't be political either. That poor man is going to be getting an earful very soon. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
01-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Ahhhh, the pesky little search tool is rearing its ugly head again. Just to preface this I did it only because this flip flop was SOOOOO recent.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I started posting here Voodoo Daddy, JimS, RJ, Chris in NC, (the guy with the pool room) Dick Leonard, Howie, Vagabond, Carol in NY, Naz and Wendy, of course, really miss those two around here, and Chris, our lost friend, he was here, lots of fun folks, back then, and I recall when Deeman showed up, posting as Snake. </div></div>There it is at the very end. This was on 01/09/10.

Now we have in response to Deeman...<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember Rackmup, and Snake....never knew that was you, but it makes plenty of sense....
</div></div>This was posted today 01/15/10. Interesting. I am just wondering, did you know it was him or not? I didn't know it was Dee till he mentioned it.

eg8r &lt;~~~hoping this post does not come across as an attack but rather a simple question

Gayle in MD
01-15-2010, 09:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I miss CC as well. I remember his son winning a small tournament somewhere but did not hear much after that.

<span style="color: #000066">Chris Cass was tops. Met him in Valley Forge, and spent a good deal of time with him and Christ...very nice young fellow, and one terrific shooter. I watched him downstairs at VF, whip a slew of adults one evening, and they were all good shooters, too. </span>

Hal drove me nuts but I never gave him any grief. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif He was/is a sharp guy but you did have to get through some "issues" with him on occasion and fight through the smog to get some good tips and pointers.
<span style="color: #000066">
I liked Hal a lot, and thought he got a bum wrap around here.

Seems much of what he gave away is now being taught for some pretty bug bucks??? </span>

I sonetimes think of some of the old posters we don't hear from and wonder if they are still with us. I know Secausus was having health issues when he was banned but don't know if he is still alive...

<span style="color: #000066">[color:#000066]I used to keep in touch with him by phone, and lost his number through a computer problem.

Hondo says he posts on the AZB site, but I never go there.

If anyone has his number, or can get a message to him, for me, I'd like to hear from him myself, and find out how he is doing. As I understand it, he is ucrrently posting over there, so I'm hoping that he got his transplant, and is doing fine...think about him a lot.</span>
Of course, one day all of us will be gone. I had to go to Detroit for a funeral Tuesday and you will be happy to know I shook hands with your pal Nancy Pelosi. She is a much smaller person than I had thought in physical stature. And, Yes she was very pleasant and we had a nice five minute conversation not a word about politics. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">[color:#000066]I think she's very nice, comes off far more warmly in person, than under the camera lights, and is more attractive in person.

G.</span>

Gayle in MD
01-15-2010, 09:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ahhhh, the pesky little search tool is rearing its ugly head again. Just to preface this I did it only because this flip flop was SOOOOO recent.
</div></div>

As usual, Ed, you prove once again that you twist facts and words, to suit your purposes.

There is no contradiction in anything I wrote.

BTW, how does one accumulate 8,938 posts during working hours, over a period of years, and still take cracks at others regarding their work ethic, honesty, and integrity????

G.

eg8r
01-15-2010, 01:22 PM
What am I twisting?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gayle on 01/09/10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and I recall when Deeman showed up, posting as Snake.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gayle on 01/15/10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember Rackmup, and Snake....never knew that was you, but it makes plenty of sense.... </div></div>What am I twisting? I am not even saying anything I quoted your words only. You say you remember him being Snake, then you say you did not know he was Snake. Which is it?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
01-15-2010, 01:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What am I twisting?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gayle on 01/09/10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and I recall when Deeman showed up, posting as Snake.</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Written after Deeman wrote a post, on the sixth, which I read, revealing that he used to post as Snake, originally.... I never stated that I knew Snake to be Deeman, in this post you quote...just the I rememberd Snake...</span>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gayle on 01/15/10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember Rackmup, and Snake....never knew that was you, but it makes plenty of sense.... </div></div>What am I twisting? I am not even saying anything I quoted your words only. You say you remember him being Snake, then you say you did not know he was Snake. Which is it?

eg8r
</div></div>
<span style="color: #000066">Which is it? You're f-ing wrong, AGAIN!

You need to take some reading lessons, Ed, as usual, you don't make any sense, and work so hard to try to accuse me of something, you probably get so damn excited, thinking you've got something on me, you totally lose your composure to the point that you can't even READ!

So, those pesky posts you keep dragging up, prove once again, you're off your rocker!

Now go away , little man, ya bother me.

Jerk!

G.</span>

eg8r
01-15-2010, 01:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never stated that I knew Snake to be Deeman, in this post you quote...just the I rememberd Snake... </div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and I recall when Deeman showed up, posting as Snake.</div></div>Look you are the one saying you remembered him posting as Snake when in reality you did not. If you think you have been misunderstood then you might want to think the next time before you hit the submit button. You effort to explain yourself through the use of cuss words shows that you are childish and unable to control your anger. There are anger management classes you can take for that but understand it is a problem that will be with you forever so be honest with yourself and try your hardest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to take some reading lessons, Ed, as usual, you don't make any sense, and work so hard to try to accuse me of something,</div></div>Work hard? Are you kidding me? With the level of intelligence you put forth I can promise you it is not hard at all. LOL, actually your flip flops are happening more and more often making the searches so darn simple.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
01-15-2010, 02:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never stated that I knew Snake to be Deeman, in this post you quote...just the I rememberd Snake... </div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and I recall when Deeman showed up, posting as Snake.</div></div>Look you are the one saying you remembered him posting as Snake when in reality you did not.

<span style="color: #000066">What a duntz! I wrote that post after I read his statement....which he wrote on the 6th... </span>

If you think you have been misunderstood then you might want to think the next time before you hit the submit button.

<span style="color: #000066">Go take a flyng leap, you're nuts. </span>

You effort to explain yourself through the use of cuss words shows that you are childish and unable to control your anger.

<span style="color: #000066">LMAO, you couldn't get me angry on your best day, silly boy. I don't take you seriously, ever, that's why it's so easy to just keep you on ignore most of the time, while you stalk every one of my posts, even wasting time digging back through the archives. Saying a cuss word, does not equal anger, but you wouldn't understand that, would you, you angry little man.... </span>

There are anger management classes you can take

<span style="color: #000066">Yes, I know, I taught them...go sign up. </span>

for that but understand it is a problem that will be with you forever so be honest with yourself and try your hardest.

<span style="color: #000066">Be honest with yourself Ed, you've got issues...address them, before you gain all that weight back, and trust me, you will if you don't. Bet Da Da had eating issues too, got so angry he brought the wrath of the IRS down on him, huh? You said that's where you got your own nastiness from, but you didn't learn much from that, did you???? </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to take some reading lessons, Ed, as usual, you don't make any sense, and work so hard to try to accuse me of something,</div></div>Work hard? Are you kidding me? With the level of intelligence you put forth I can promise you it is not hard at all. LOL, actually your flip flops are happening more and more often making the searches so darn simple.

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">As usual, you are wrong, I have proven that you are wrong, and you cannot admit that you are wrong...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">#294183 - Today at 08:00 AM Re: Oh the good ole days... [Re: Gayle in MD]
eg8r eg8r
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Orlando, FL *** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Ahhhh, the pesky little search tool is rearing its ugly head again. Just to preface this I did it only because this flip flop was SOOOOO recent.
Quote:When I started posting here Voodoo Daddy, JimS, RJ, Chris in NC, (the guy with the pool room) Dick Leonard, Howie, Vagabond, Carol in NY, Naz and Wendy, of course, really miss those two around here, and Chris, our lost friend, he was here, lots of fun folks, back then, and I recall when Deeman showed up, posting as Snake. There it is at the very end. This was on 01/09/10.

<span style="color: #000066">Deeman posted that he had been Snake, on the 6th, you idiot! </span>

Now we have in response to Deeman... Quote:I remember Rackmup, and Snake....never knew that was you, but it makes plenty of sense....
This was posted today 01/15/10. Interesting. I am just wondering, did you know it was him or not? I didn't know it was Dee till he mentioned it.

eg8r &lt;~~~hoping this post does not come across as an attack but rather a simple question

<span style="color: #000066">LMAo, if you could write simple questions, I wouldn't have to put you on ignore all the time...you were digging around in the archives, after you totally misunderstood what I wrote, adding things that weren't even there. It was written after Deeman's post, and in reference to it, you nut! </span>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

Now F-off, Sherlock... Your post was, and is, irrelevant....No where was it stated that I knew that Deeman was Snake, before he himself revealed it.

And you, of all people are always telling others to take a reading comprehension course, BWA HA HA HA...

You're a trip!

Oh, and don't flatter yourself, nothing you could ever say or do makes me mad, since I find you irrelevant, ridiculous, pointless, and petty...and your are digging around in the archives all the time, for something that never happened, what a joke....You are completely unable to comprehend simple written information, without twisting it beyond recognition, bacause you are hoplessly obsessed with me.

Now go on back and search through the archives, Sherlock....and while you're at it, pray to God that he will help you to stop ripping off your employer as you have done for a decade on here, playing around on the net, over eight thousand posts, during work hours, on the company's time.
Sheesh, no wonder this country is going down the tubes!</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

eg8r
01-15-2010, 04:09 PM
You taught the anger management class? LOL, that is like an alcoholic teaching an AA class. You are a riot.

eg8r

sack316
01-15-2010, 04:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> LOL, that is like an alcoholic teaching an AA class. </div></div>

Actually, that is how it works. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

PoolFool
01-15-2010, 05:56 PM
I played pool with Rackmup at Pugsly's in Dallas. (Now out of business)The last I heard of him he was moving to Florida to be an exterminator. That was before my first trip to PettyPoint.

PoolFool

eg8r
01-16-2010, 02:17 PM
When was this? I lived there in 02 and we played pool regularly every weekend for most of a year. He fell on some hard luck and then just vanished. Ken was a great guy to hang out with.

eg8r

eg8r
01-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Well that explains it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
01-17-2010, 09:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> LOL, that is like an alcoholic teaching an AA class. </div></div>

Sack </div></div>

That isn't how it works, Sack. Just because I don't brag about my formal education, doesn't mean that I didn't get one.

I have training, and have never had a problem with anger....thank you....and also, having written what I have learned about psychology, addiction, anger and a range of other psychological problems, here on this forum, is not the same thing as attacking people, you or anyone else, over things they have revealed about themselves, it can also be an effort to open the eyes of others regarding their food and alcohol issues, and how to best approach and overall solution. All addictive behavior is a result of one's deeper issues, which must be addressed if one is to succeed in overcoming them.

To simply use the term, addiction, as an overall reason, doesn't cut it. Psych 101.

G.
I also teach meditation, and have taught in several other fields.

pooltchr
01-17-2010, 10:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[

I have training, and have never had a problem with anger....thank you </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Good to see you can occasionally find a sense of humor!

Steve

Gayle in MD
01-17-2010, 10:34 AM
<span style="color: #000066">Stop stalking me on the internet. I do not read your posts. Stop slandering me here and on other forums. Leave me alone. </span>

sack316
01-17-2010, 03:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> LOL, that is like an alcoholic teaching an AA class. </div></div>

Sack </div></div>

That isn't how it works, Sack. Just because I don't brag about my formal education, doesn't mean that I didn't get one.

I have training, and have never had a problem with anger....thank you....and also, having written what I have learned about psychology, addiction, anger and a range of other psychological problems, here on this forum, is not the same thing as attacking people, you or anyone else, over things they have revealed about themselves, it can also be an effort to open the eyes of others regarding their food and alcohol issues, and how to best approach and overall solution. All addictive behavior is a result of one's deeper issues, which must be addressed if one is to succeed in overcoming them.

To simply use the term, addiction, as an overall reason, doesn't cut it. Psych 101.

G.
I also teach meditation, and have taught in several other fields. </div></div>

My friend, that comment had nothing to do with you. Was responding to Ed to tell him that yes, actually, AA is 'taught' (has people chair the meetings) by alcoholics. In fact, most meetings are 'closed meetings' to which only alcoholics are supposed to attend. There are also open meetings, where non-alcoholics (generally going to be friends or family members) may attend, but it is still chaired by a recovering alcoholic. It's part of service work, and part of how the program works.

How out of a clear response to Ed saying "Actually, that is how it works" do you figure I meant you don't have education? Or that you have anger issues? Or a lack of training? Or anything else that you seem to think that meant?

Quite possible (and I have no doubt) you have education, training, and experience in all that you claim to... I see no reason why you'd need to make it up. And I'm sure you may have done some counseling to alcoholics considering much of the work that I know you try to do for others. But you haven't done it in an AA room unless you are in recovery yourself.

At any rate, that comment originally had nothing to do with you. I was informing Ed that is how it really is done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That isn't how it works, Sack.</div></div>

Yes, it is.

Sack

eg8r
01-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Her quick response to you without actually reading anything at least gives some light to my post.

eg8r

wolfdancer
01-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Gayle, your best bet is to not acknowledge those posts, as they are just meant to anger you...imo. Although I have seen many directed at you, that I would consider to be slander, I think that is hard to prove.
I have received a threatening pm today with the claim that I am involved in a criminal conspiracy with you and Dick Leonard, and that I am threatening personal mayhem towards others.

hondo
01-17-2010, 04:51 PM
The horror! The horror! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
01-18-2010, 12:14 PM
This alleged conspiracy to deprive a man of his civil rights ...the right to yell "fire" in a crowded theater?, or the right to????......coincides dramatically with the observance of MLK day, a man who will be forever linked to civil rights.

JohnnyD
01-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Jesus loves you all.

LWW
01-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Thanks for such a kind hearted response JohnnyD.

I have already forgave brother hondo for his MLK day actions.

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-19-2010, 08:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> LOL, that is like an alcoholic teaching an AA class. </div></div>

Sack </div></div>

G.
I also teach meditation, and have taught in several other fields. </div></div>

My friend, that comment had nothing to do with you. Was responding to Ed to tell him that yes, actually, AA is 'taught' (has people chair the meetings) by alcoholics. In fact, most meetings are 'closed meetings' to which only alcoholics are supposed to attend. There are also open meetings, where non-alcoholics (generally going to be friends or family members) may attend, but it is still chaired by a recovering alcoholic. It's part of service work, and part of how the program works.

How out of a clear response to Ed saying "Actually, that is how it works" do you figure I meant you don't have education? Or that you have anger issues? Or a lack of training? Or anything else that you seem to think that meant?

Quite possible (and I have no doubt) you have education, training, and experience in all that you claim to... I see no reason why you'd need to make it up. And I'm sure you may have done some counseling to alcoholics considering much of the work that I know you try to do for others. But you haven't done it in an AA room unless you are in recovery yourself.

At any rate, that comment originally had nothing to do with you. I was informing Ed that is how it really is done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That isn't how it works, Sack.</div></div>

Yes, it is.

Sack </div></div>

I was addressing Anger Management, counseling, not AA meetings, although, IMO, Alcoholism whould first be addressed through Psychological counseling. I think AA is a fine support system, but underlying issues must be addressed...anger, being one of them.

I was also referencing your thread regarding the back biting on this forum, and your suggestion that revealing something personal, opens the door for attacks.

I must say, it's rather amusing to me that Ed, of all people, Steve, two men who have attacked my work ethic, my relationship with my husband, my age, all in an effort to slander me, would then turn around and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif
Wha, wha wha...

I think, IIRC, anytime that you revealed any bad times you were going through, I made some effort to support you, albeit behind the scenes...

Maybe I have the idea that you approve of their attacks, since I do recall, one particularly ugly attack, from Steve, suggesting that if he had been my father, his opinion on abortion would have been different....after which a number of people here reprimanded him, yet from yourself, just a smiley face?

Hilarious, watching the attackers, after their many years of a non stop onslaught of stalking my posts with personal insults and slander, even going to other forums with their lies and slander, we now have to witness their /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif Wha wah wha....accusations.

I don't put you in their category, Sack, but I don't think you have made any effort to discourage their behavior.

Steve, wrote the most hateful, disrespectful, misogynistic and repulsive statement about women on this forum, that I have ever read on the internet....it would have been grossly offensive, to any woman who read it. Quoting his words in an effort to get him to stop stalking everyone of my posts, is not the same thing as setting out to destroy his business, LMAO!

Did you speak out against his hateful misogynistic statement?

Do you not encourage much of the viciousness here with smiley faces behind their on-going attacks?

My point is this. It's up to all of us here to tone down the attacks. I will not stand for these vicious stalkers, who refuse to go their own way for the sake of more resoned debate here, and a more pleasant atmosphere, to ply the poor little victims after what we all see them doing over a period of years.

So, if you'd really like to see the forum improve, then I suggest you join me in speaking out against those here who are really behind the on-going atalking and attacking.

I do think I put more effort into ignoring their nastiness than anyone else here.

Just some thoughts on the subjects in this thread, and your other thread about how the forum here sucks...

G.

sack316
01-19-2010, 08:57 AM
So long as you knew the comment was not at or to you.

And you're right, I haven't made any effort to discourage any disrespectful posting. I did indeed post a smiley face on the thread you said. I as well have posted "lol"s or smileys after your "golf foxtrot yankee"s or similar postings. Never considered myself as a post police on here for anybody in terms of personalized or insulting posts. But ya know, maybe we (I) should start pointing such things out.

I think, IIRC, anytime that you revealed any bad times you were going through, I made some effort to support you, albeit behind the scenes...</div></div>

Yes you have. Which is why through it all, I have always maintained that despite our often heated disagreements, that I do consider you a good person and for the most part a very good friend to me. I may say some things in the heat of a discussion, I may even think you pretty off sometimes to be honest... but at the end of the day I do see you as a caring and passionate individual. Two qualities I hold in very high regard. And it could be on of the worst days ever of our exchanges on here, but if you needed me for any reason I'd gladly put it all aside and be there for you as a friend just as you always were for me when I needed it. That's neither here nor there in terms of this discussion, but felt it should be said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I have the idea that you approve of their attacks, since I do recall, one particularly ugly attack, from Steve, suggesting that if he had been my father, his opinion on abortion would have been different....after which a number of people here reprimanded him, yet from yourself, just a smiley face?
</div></div>

As said earlier, yeah I did and maybe I shouldn't have. He did have a smiley face afterwards, which I did take to be joking... but still, you're right. BUT, you also said the suicide comment in response to that... not exactly stepping up to be the bigger person in that instance (though an extremely sharp and clever retort /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif ). I just went back and found the thread to refresh my memory on it, and honestly do recall thinking the exchange was in joking... tasteless yes... but joking nonetheless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't put you in their category, Sack, but I don't think you have made any effort to discourage their behavior.</div></div>

Again, you are right. Nor have I done so to anybody. As I said earlier, perhaps I should start.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you speak out against his hateful misogynistic statement?</div></div>

Actually, IIRC I did in at least one of the many threads that has popped up in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you not encourage much of the viciousness here with smiley faces behind their on-going attacks?</div></div>

I am not so sure that occurs as often as you seem to imply here. And if it does, any smiley or LOLs likely come at an even clip to both sides of the fence. A good joke, a well played comeback, be it in good taste or not, that tickles me will likely get that response if I reply at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My point is this. It's up to all of us here to tone down the attacks. </div></div>

Agreed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, if you'd really like to see the forum improve, then I suggest you join me in speaking out against those here who are really behind the on-going atalking and attacking. </div></div>

I will try to do my part. If I see something that is out of line I will try to point it out (though I must admit I have tended to just skim through lately as there is little of substance these days). I hope you will too. No promises on how thorough I will be, since I do tend to skim, but I will try to at least begin forming a habit of speaking when I see it. Fair enough?

Sack

Gayle in MD
01-19-2010, 09:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So long as you knew the comment was not at or to you.

And you're right, I haven't made any effort to discourage any disrespectful posting. I did indeed post a smiley face on the thread you said. I as well have posted "lol"s or smileys after your "golf foxtrot yankee"s or similar postings. Never considered myself as a post police on here for anybody in terms of personalized or insulting posts. But ya know, maybe we (I) should start pointing such things out.

I think, IIRC, anytime that you revealed any bad times you were going through, I made some effort to support you, albeit behind the scenes...</div></div>

Yes you have. Which is why through it all, I have always maintained that despite our often heated disagreements, that I do consider you a good person and for the most part a very good friend to me. I may say some things in the heat of a discussion, I may even think you pretty off sometimes to be honest... but at the end of the day I do see you as a caring and passionate individual. Two qualities I hold in very high regard. And it could be on of the worst days ever of our exchanges on here, but if you needed me for any reason I'd gladly put it all aside and be there for you as a friend just as you always were for me when I needed it. That's neither here nor there in terms of this discussion, but felt it should be said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe I have the idea that you approve of their attacks, since I do recall, one particularly ugly attack, from Steve, suggesting that if he had been my father, his opinion on abortion would have been different....after which a number of people here reprimanded him, yet from yourself, just a smiley face?
</div></div>

As said earlier, yeah I did and maybe I shouldn't have. He did have a smiley face afterwards, which I did take to be joking... but still, you're right. BUT, you also said the suicide comment in response to that... not exactly stepping up to be the bigger person in that instance (though an extremely sharp and clever retort /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif ). I just went back and found the thread to refresh my memory on it, and honestly do recall thinking the exchange was in joking... tasteless yes... but joking nonetheless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't put you in their category, Sack, but I don't think you have made any effort to discourage their behavior.</div></div>

Again, you are right. Nor have I done so to anybody. As I said earlier, perhaps I should start.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you speak out against his hateful misogynistic statement?</div></div>

Actually, IIRC I did in at least one of the many threads that has popped up in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you not encourage much of the viciousness here with smiley faces behind their on-going attacks?</div></div>

I am not so sure that occurs as often as you seem to imply here. And if it does, any smiley or LOLs likely come at an even clip to both sides of the fence. A good joke, a well played comeback, be it in good taste or not, that tickles me will likely get that response if I reply at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My point is this. It's up to all of us here to tone down the attacks. </div></div>

Agreed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, if you'd really like to see the forum improve, then I suggest you join me in speaking out against those here who are really behind the on-going atalking and attacking. </div></div>

I will try to do my part. If I see something that is out of line I will try to point it out (though I must admit I have tended to just skim through lately as there is little of substance these days). I hope you will too. No promises on how thorough I will be, since I do tend to skim, but I will try to at least begin forming a habit of speaking when I see it. Fair enough?

Sack
</div></div>

Agreed. If we really want to be able to discuss the issues of the day, we really need to make an effort to call out those who hi-jack our discussions, with nothing but personal attacks.

I don't stalk people on here. I do my best to ignore the stalkers, who hi-jack discussions with nasty personal attacks.

I will continue to do so. I hope that those of us who care about having a forum where people state their opinions, add their documentation to support them, and make an effort to engage in some discussions of merit, will ignore and discourage those who consistantly post with no addded information, or aim for any real discussion, but add just another nasty personal attack, supported by a gross misinterpretation of facts.

And also, I would always try to support you Sack, as my main enjoyment in life is to try to make a positive impact as I go.

I will never, however, allow misogynistic, filthy, repulsive attacks against my sisters across the world, to go unaddressed, without pointing out the obvious woman hating ideology and sexism which always lurks behind them.

Hence, my statements against the Mulsim garment, which is part and parcel of what is wrong with it, gross sexism. No human being should have to hide their face, covered in black garb, living in one of the hottest climates on earth, while the men breeze around in white gowns, plotting to stone women to death for having been raped.

Women from the Middle East, who have had the advantage of an education, are completely against the Burqa. My statements about Sarkozi's attempted ban, for example, was attacked and twisted into an effort on my part to take away women's rights, when it was obviously, far from that.

Other countries, are now also considering the ban...it threatens every countries security, and is unacceptable in a post 9/11 era.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6990402.ece

And although it does get tiresome the way the stalkers on this site twist information and push it through their own RW ideology, sifting out all documentation as they go, and proclaiming their victory, here and elsewhere, it is so predominate, there really isn't enough time to take them on point by point, and correct all their misstatements, and twisting of the facts. Hence, ignore completely their posts, and their often repeated misinformation, seems the only resonable way to proceed.

Some aspects of clear debate, should be promoted around here. People who deny nationally accepted facts, which have been proven and documented, such as Plame's Secret Covert position, do so to annoy others, and think themselves smart and well informed? Pure insanity!

Just as no pundit should be accepted by the public, after having proven his complete disrespect of, and lack of charity for, the kind of human suffering as there is presently in Haiti, should not be defended, by anyone with a conscience. Yet such obvious concerns, and acknowledgments of unamerican statements, such as those made by Rush Limbaugh, having been found repulsive by commentators from both the right, and the left, are denied altogether by the stalkers on here. Using their usual methods of cherry picking, and deleting, they twist the reality of what was stated, and attack those of us who have listened and researched for ourselves, formed an opinion, and written a post about that opinion, then seek to put us on the defense???

We all know and understand the inhumane afforte of Limbaugh to use a human tragedy, for political purposes. How could anyone deny that he did that? One cannot, and expect to be taken seriously.

I would like to see more of us ignore the radical, vicious personal attacks which continue on this site, at the very least. They are not funny, and they should not be acceptable to any of us.

Steve's famous comments about women, were in fact, gross misogeny, repulsive, disgusting, offensive, sexist and full of hate for women, and he never apologized.

That, is all I need ever know about this person who calls himself a man. I have printed them up, along with the entire thread, and will show them as I see fit, to inform anyone I wish to inform, about what he wrote about women on this forum.

He wrote those words on the internet, and refuses to apologize for those offensive, sexist statements. Indeed, he continues to stalk and slander a woman, relentlessly, with hate and personal attacks, both here and elsewhere, more proof of his own sexist problem with women.

I see it as my responsibility, as a woman, and from a feminist point of view, to speak against such statements, to speak out against the sexism of the Burqa, just as it is my goal and intention to inform everyone I know of the propaganda which spews from Fox Pundits, non stop, on the airwaves.

I am truly amazed that Americans are not more offended by statements and actions which are clearly against the principles which our national spirit seeks, and sought, to promote, and to promise. Count every vote, among them. A woman's right to complete control of her own person. The right of our country to display an example for the rest of the world, to bring the nations of the world together, to support those who have lost everything, and who are caught in a horrible human suffering, without the disgusting statements of a hate spewing POS like Rush Limbaugh.

It is truly ridiculous to read statements which demonize our government, the best in the world, and to justify the idea that not voting at all, is the appropriate response to disppointment in leadership, regardless of whose leadership one is disappointed with, or for which reasons. To vote, is our most serious obligation. For me, to speak out against sexism, and misogeny, is and always will be, one of my most serious obligations.

I have a daughter, and a grand daughter, and I can only hope that I am able to leave behind me the kind of proud legacy which my great grand mother, grand mother, my own mother, and great aunts, left for me to try my best to live up to, and example, for those women in my family who will follow me.

G.