PDA

View Full Version : A scotch whiskey anyone ?

JohnnyD
01-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Hey everyone JohnnyD here.I am having a great day after bible study and realizing i have made new friends in my life.Hondo and wolfdancer i cannot thank you enough for allowing the Lord Jesus and myself into your lives.I have been partaking in my usual scotch whiskey tonight.I enjoy johnnie walker without ice or chaser.How about you folks ? May your lives be filled with enjoyment.

wolfdancer
01-06-2010, 03:57 AM
I drank Johnnie Walker Red for several years, and then Johnnie Walker Black almost got me killed at the America Cup Races...luckily the CG spotted me drunk and heading out to our anchorage in a 14 ft sailing dingy, with the small boat warnings in effect. I've drank JW Gold, but can't get anybody to buy me a bottle of JW Blue...maybe you would like to do that as a friendly gesture?
Does Scotch give you false courage too? I've had my butt kicked a few times drinking that stuff....I thought they were saying stand up, not STFU
I didn't realize that you and Jesus were like an "A" entry at a race track (bet on one...you get the other as well)
Did I sign some pledge card to be your friend? I got to stop drinking this Bombay Gin.....next thing you know I'll be contributing to the George Wallace memorial fund to keep the "eternal flame" going.

cushioncrawler
01-06-2010, 03:58 AM
I hav now given up red wine, and other wine, but i might hav a few glasses on weekends. And to make it worse there aint nuthin on telly. I will havta find something to do. But i do now hav a can of beer or two (its summer here).
madMac.

hondo
01-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Johnny D., I am a fan of Johnny Walker.
Have you ever tried JW Blue?

Super expensive, but oh so good!

I treat myself to JW Gold about twice a year.

LWW
01-07-2010, 08:03 AM
I'll stick with a bottle of Brinley or Cruzan rum.

LWW

milesmuhldoon
01-07-2010, 09:36 AM
I don't drink...got a hole in my lip. anyway, does anybody know anything about waffles?. when can you tell if they are freezer -burned?.

hondo
01-07-2010, 01:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milesmuhldoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> anyway, does anybody know anything about waffles?. when can you tell if they are freezer -burned?. </div></div>

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Hole in the lip, huh?
I've got a hole in my jeans where all of my dreams pass through.

wolfdancer
01-07-2010, 02:07 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
01-07-2010, 02:23 PM
JohnnyD....Scotch tastes just like iodine...and the old saying is.... you have to develop a taste for Scotch. In the Movie "Mr. Roberts" the ship's Doctor, mixed iodine,medicinal alcohol and some coloring, so they could all have a celebration drink.
Back in my old sub days, our torpedo men built a small distillery to separate this pink dye the Navy added to the alcohol, the torpedoes used as a propellant (that was so we wouldn't drink it)
It tasted exactly the same after you downed the first 6 or 7 drinks,as Johnny Walker Blue probably would.
I used to drink Scotch straight up.....the trick is to wipe the rim of the glass with a lemon twist.
Now I would drink it with ice, and a water chaser, but without you ....who wants to try and enjoy a nice drink, and have to listen to some religious wacko at the same time?

JohnnyD
01-07-2010, 03:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> JohnnyD....Scotch tastes just like iodine...and the old saying is.... you have to develop a taste for Scotch. In the Movie "Mr. Roberts" the ship's Doctor, mixed iodine,medicinal alcohol and some coloring, so they could all have a celebration drink.
Back in my old sub days, our torpedo men built a small distillery to separate this pink dye the Navy added to the alcohol, the torpedoes used as a propellant (that was so we wouldn't drink it)
It tasted exactly the same after you downed the first 6 or 7 drinks,as Johnny Walker Blue probably would.
I used to drink Scotch straight up.....the trick is to wipe the rim of the glass with a lemon twist.
Now I would drink it with ice, and a water chaser, but without you ....who wants to try and enjoy a nice drink, and have to listen to some religious wacko at the same time? </div></div>A wonderful story till the end when hate was spewed.No need to hate JohnnyD or your fellow man.Please continue to relate more about yourself it is so interesting.

JohnnyD
01-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Perhaps you and i can meet someday at hondo's house and partake in some scotch.Hondo likes you too.

hondo
01-07-2010, 04:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps you and i can meet someday at hondo's house and partake in some scotch.Hondo likes you too. </div></div>

Sounds good to me. You bring the scotch.

At LEAST JW Black, please.

Hope you guys like honky tonk, Americana, or blues.

wolfdancer
01-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Hondo, I went to through a 2 year program, with one year of it spent in Baltimore, Md.
One of my classmates and I used to go to a Blues nite club there, and were usually the only two white folk in the place. People accepted us just fine, and we would often get an invite to come join them at their table.
Pigfoot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOIXXyuQA5k)

wolfdancer
01-07-2010, 05:10 PM
No hate involved....you would ruin my evening with your fake proselytizing......
You want to preach, get yourself a Bible, a soapbox, and a loudspeaker, and head on over to Central Park...who knows, you might convert some of the pigeons there.

JohnnyD
01-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Bless you .

wolfdancer
01-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I read yer bio...
I gotta wonder.....how much is true, and how much is fiction?
"He's a walking contradiction, partly true and partly fiction"???
I had you figured as twenty sunthin, and putting out total bs re: the Bible,... believed though, that you liked to hit the sauce, and wouldn't think you'd know where the local library is. Probably why the FBI wouldn't hire me as a profiler