PDA

View Full Version : Beck? Wiht His Own "Tax Accident"

Gayle in MD
01-09-2010, 01:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one has been less forgiving than Glenn Beck when it comes to Democrats with tax problems. Not just the well-known ones like Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner but also less serious ones such as Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, whose husband only recently paid off $6,400 in tax liens on his auto repair business, and Nancy Killefer, who withdrew her nomination to be White House chief performance officer, citing a $946.69 tax lien on her Washington home.

Their tax issues are just one indicator of “a culture of corruption among some of the left,” Beck declared just last month in a segment on his hugely popular Fox News television show, in which he branded Geithner, Killefer, Solis and a handful of other Obama nominees “tax cheats,” whom he wouldn’t trust “with my children, let alone my children's future.”

Mocking the excuses offered by the nominees, Beck sarcastically intoned: “Oh, the tax thing, it was an accident. It was my husband's fault. I didn't do it, he did it. I didn't mean to do it. I was just working hard for the people.”

So what to make, then, of the fact that Beck has had his own minor tax problems over the past few years?

As Beck evolved from a medium-market local radio personality to a one-man media empire with top-rated radio and television shows, best-selling books, a monthly magazine and a traveling one-man comedy tour, his production company, Mercury Radio Arts, has at times struggled to keep up with the heightened tax and filing demands accompanying his success.

Mercury, a private corporation that lists Beck as chief executive officer and his wife, Tania Beck, alternately as vice president or secretary, since 2007 has fallen behind on its New York City business income taxes and has been cited for filing errors related to its obligations under Texas franchise tax and New York state workers' compensation insurance rules.

Beck was not available for comment, and Mercury’s president, Chris Balfe, declined a requested interview. But a source with knowledge of the situation said that Mercury’s tax issues were minor, stemmed from bureaucratic confusion and were rectified quickly once the company learned of them.

“Mercury immediately resolved these very common accounting issues,” said the source, who did not want to be identified discussing Mercury’s finances.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Dean Zerbe, national managing director for a company called alliantgroup that provides specialty tax services to accounting firms, said Beck’s situation “has the look and feel of somebody who is confronting an extraordinarily complicated tax situation — or at least the people he’s hired to do these things are — and is trying to comply but isn’t doing everything perfectly.”

The same, however, could be said of most of the Obama nominees Beck has blasted for tax problems, said Zerbe, who called them “people who were trying to comply with the spirit and the intent of the law.” </span>
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Zerbe knows whereof he speaks. From 2001 to 2008, he sleuthed out the tax problems of Bush administration nominees as a top aide to Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) on the Senate Finance Committee. It was his successors on the Finance Committee staff who last year flagged the tax problems of Geithner, as well as those of fellow Beck targets Tom Daschle (whose nomination to be Health and Human Services secretary was withdrawn after it was revealed he had failed to pay more than $100,000 in back taxes and interest), U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, both of whom were confirmed after fessing up to minor tax issues.

“Having gone back into private practice and working with small and medium-sized businesses, I’m a lot more sympathetic to the burdens that small businesses, in particular, face trying to comply with local and county and state taxes,” Zerbe said. “It’s not atypical for a small business with an accountant who is busier than a one-armed paper hanger to have trouble,” he said.

“What I think would be helpful for everyone is to have is a much bigger dose of sympathy for how complicated it is to comply with the tax laws,” Zerbe urged.</span>
Pages12 » Back to top

Read more:
</div></div>

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31245.html

LWW
01-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Refresh my memory ... what public office does Beck hold?

And ... weren't you tripping all over yourself to excuse Al Franken for the same thing?

Find the honest person which resides within you and let them out. They desperately need to be in the light.

LWW

eg8r
01-09-2010, 09:56 AM
LOL, that is crazy. Much like Limbaugh making fun of the drug addicts Gayle makes fun of when he himself is addicted to drugs.

eg8r

eg8r
01-09-2010, 09:57 AM
To be honest LWW, does it really matter if he holds public office or not? Does it make it OK to skip out on taxes if you are not a public official? What about if the person cheating on his taxes is out there lambasting others for doing the same thing? At this point the comparison is between individuals, not public vs private.

eg8r

LWW
01-09-2010, 10:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To be honest LWW, does it really matter if he holds public office or not? Does it make it OK to skip out on taxes if you are not a public official? What about if the person cheating on his taxes is out there lambasting others for doing the same thing? At this point the comparison is between individuals, not public vs private.

eg8r </div></div>

No, it doesn't make it OK.

But ... he has no power to influence my life either.

LWW

eg8r
01-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Whether he can influence your life is not the subject so I was confused why you brought it up. He is a hypocrite and should have look at his own books before he started blasting others.

eg8r

wolfdancer
01-09-2010, 06:02 PM
I had my own problems with the IRS...they thought I owed them over $400k, but they settled for $1350. What a bunch of ***** they are to deal with in person. They try to intimidate you,insult you (sounds like someone here?), won't let you explain, and when I finally got a chance to tell the b***h, that the matter had been settled with the main office....she still wouldn't admit she screwed the pooch. You can sue these a'holes personally for harassment....

hondo
01-09-2010, 09:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To be honest LWW, does it really matter if he holds public office or not? Does it make it OK to skip out on taxes if you are not a public official? What about if the person cheating on his taxes is out there lambasting others for doing the same thing? At this point the comparison is between individuals, not public vs private.

eg8r </div></div>

No, it doesn't make it OK.

But ... he has no power to influence my life either.

LWW </div></div>

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are.

eg8r
01-09-2010, 10:56 PM
It seemed for 20 years my parent's businesses were audited every year. For quite a few years it was the same lady that would show up. I guess the first time she was there my father was having a bad day (I get my attitude from him) and he blew up on her and she wanted to dive even deeper. He told her to take her best shot. For like 5 solid years she did just that. Every year she stopped by. For the love of God and all that is honest we were never screwed over. My parents were honest and paid what was owed every year but that was after they did everything they could to make sure there was no deduction left unturned. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
01-09-2010, 11:56 PM
I lucked out....one of the pool players in the room, had just retired from a lead position with the IRS.
Without his help, I was looking to pay somebody per line item, and that was going to be unaffordable.

hondo
01-10-2010, 11:06 AM
F*ck the IRS. JMHO.

( Just kidding. I love you guys.)

wolfdancer
01-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Is that Myron Beckwith, right winger, you are mentioning?

LWW
01-11-2010, 06:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">F*ck the IRS. JMHO.</div></div>

So, you have no issue with them making sure others pay "THEIR FAIR SHARE" but lament having to pay yours?

Interesting.

Out of curiosity ... after refunds, what is the most you ever paid in taxes in a single year?

LWW

hondo
01-11-2010, 06:45 AM
That's none of your friggin business!

I've worked all my life.

While you sit in front of a computer 24/7
bragging about how great you are and trying to stir up sh*t.

Who are you to question me about anything?

I've got a Purple Heart. You've got a purple dick.
I've got a nice family. You've got an imaginary wife.
I was Teacher of the Year and Chairperson of the English Department. You are blowhard of the year.
I attend church, study all scriptures. You sit in front
of your computer insulting fine people while asking them to come to the light.
I'm a pool player active on 2 pool forums. You wouldn't know one pocket from bumper pool or a Cuetec from a Szamboti.

Approach me with respect and I'll discuss anything with you.
Keep up your arrogant BS and you're totally insignificant to me.

If that hurt your feelings, I'm sorry.
I don't mean to be cruel, but I've just about had it with you.

Gayle in MD
01-11-2010, 06:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's none of your friggin business!

I've worked all my life.

While you sit in front of a computer 24/7
bragging about how great you are and trying to stir up sh*t.

Who are you to question me about anything?

I've got a Purple Heart. You've got a purple dick.
I've got a nice family. You've got an imaginary wife.
I was Teacher of the Year and Chairperson of the English Department. You are blowhard of the year.
I attend church, study all scriptures. You sit in front
of your computer insulting fine people while asking them to come to the light.
I'm a pool player active on 2 pool forums. You wouldn't know one pocket from bumper pool or a Cuetec from a Szamboti.

Approach me with respect and I'll discuss anything with you.
Keep up your arrogant BS and you're totally insignificant to me.

If that hurt your feelings, I'm sorry.
I don't mean to be cruel, but I've just about had it with you. </div></div>

Whoopie!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Even someone like my dear Hondo, who is one of the most level headed folks here, well educated, and informed, must eventually blast these no counts from the A$$HO** Zealot BSers forum.

Interesting that our CCB RWers on here seldom take up for their "family" members, and some, never notice at all.

Good for you, Hondo!

Now lets all go back to a total ignore of the ignorant invaders. Little Wonkie Weenie, aka the Nowhere Man, can't begin to match your success..or your honor.

Love,
Gayle

milesmuhldoon
01-11-2010, 08:19 AM
lmao! I'm better than you are cause I look damn better than you do, lmao!!!!!!!!!!

LWW
01-11-2010, 09:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's none of your friggin business!</div></div>

My guess is you never reached $5K.

Now ... you have again shown your true hateful and vile self.

I forgive you however brother, as you have obviously been brainwashed by the party.

BTW ... I've paid out over 10 times that amount before in a single year, so leftist de facto burglars such as yourself don't impress me with your bleatings.

We fought a revolution over the concept that we would not tolerate taxation without representation. The statists have tortured that concept into the idea that people are entitled to representation without taxation.

LWW

LWW
01-11-2010, 10:42 AM
I wanted to revisit this.

In spite of your bile laden, hate driven, psychobabble reply ... I want to thank you for your service to our country.

Now, that being said, I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that this service qualifies you as being exempt from paying your fair share? Perhaps you can elaborate on this for us?

I have always conceded that your military service exceeded mine and I have always expressed gratitude that I never had to serve during time of war. But, I must say that we can both agree that the sacrifice and pain done in service of our country by John Sidney McCain was beyond yours and mine combined ... yet I have seen you more than once complain that he has no exemption from paying his fair share. In fact, I'm pretty sure that you have insisted he hasn't paid his fair share ... and his payments dwarf mine.

So ... what exactly is it that allows you to despise the IRS for collecting your fair share from you, yet with righteous indignation expect everyone else to pony up their fair share (as determined by your beloved leftists) without hesitation nor complaint?

I would sincerely like to hear your honest answer about what makes you special?

As to the wife ... if anyone's is imaginary, it's yours so it can't be that.

As to the color of my penis, it can't be that ... and I've asked you repeatedly to keep your homnoerotic thoughts to yourself.

Teacher of the Year is a noble accomplishment, which the taxpayers paid you well for. I've never won that award, although I have ran a corporation with nearly 100 employees and over $40,000,000.00 per year in sales so I've made my own contributions to the betterment of society ... so that can't be what makes you specially privileged.

We both attend church, so you have no edge there. If there was an edge to be given it would be to me with 1.5 years at a Baptist college with 12 semester hours of religious studies to my credit. Trust me ... I have read the scriptures I refer to and own them. You ... I'm not so sure of.

I assure you I know thge difference between the 2 cues named. You may be a better cueist than I ... but you may not be. In any event, billiards acumen isn't a means to tax exemption.

treating you with respect ... I do give you more than you deserve.

Now, please, let's get beyond your bile spewing and address the issue ... why should you feel entitled to avoid paying your fair share while also feeling entitled to condemn those who you feel don't. Especially when the others pay a much higher amount both in total dollars and percent of income?

The more I have reviewed your prior claims, as I have composed this, I would suggest that at your net tax contribution in your life has been negative.

LWW

hondo
01-11-2010, 11:37 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hondo
01-11-2010, 11:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milesmuhldoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lmao! I'm better than you are cause I look damn better than you do, lmao!!!!!!!!!! </div></div>

I might be the pettiest old white man you never did see. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
01-11-2010, 12:08 PM
(1) In spite of your bile laden, hate driven, psychobabble reply ... I want to thank you for your service to our country.

Thank you.

( 2 )Now, that being said, I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that this service qualifies you as being exempt from paying your fair share?

I pay all my taxes. Doesn't mean I like it when it goes to the war machine rather than helping my fellow man and improving America. Your shit-stirring here is so transparent it's laughable.

( 3)I have always conceded that your military service exceeded mine and I have always expressed gratitude that I never had to serve during time of war. But, I must say that we can both agree that the sacrifice and pain done in service of our country by John Sidney McCain was beyond yours and mine combined ... yet I have seen you more than once complain that he has no exemption from paying his fair share. In fact, I'm pretty sure that you have insisted he hasn't paid his fair share ... and his payments dwarf mine.

Show me where I posted anything of the kind. More BS.

( 4 )So ... what exactly is it that allows you to despise the IRS for collecting your fair share from you, yet with righteous indignation expect everyone else to pony up their fair share (as determined by your beloved leftists) without hesitation nor complaint?

What a weasel you are. I clearly said I was kidding.
You look for any opening to attack. I find your approach slimy.

( 5)I would sincerely like to hear your honest answer about what makes you special?

I am a soul from God. Of course I'm special.
You, sir, come across as an arrogant blowhard. Just my
and nearly everyone else but your cronies' opinion.

( 6 )As to the wife ... if anyone's is imaginary, it's yours so it can't be that.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Fair enough?

( 7 )As to the color of my penis, it can't be that ... and I've asked you repeatedly to keep your homnoerotic thoughts to yourself.

The way you shadow post me it's either love or hate.
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
But your homophobia tells me a lot. The fact that you are so scared to joke about these things suggests some skeletons in the closet.

(8)Teacher of the Year is a noble accomplishment, which the taxpayers paid you well for. I've never won that award, although I have ran a corporation with nearly 100 employees and over $40,000,000.00 per year in sales so I've made my own contributions to the betterment of society ... so that can't be what makes you specially privileged.

Oh, bullshit! In your dreams.

( 9)We both attend church, so you have no edge there. If there was an edge to be given it would be to me with 1.5 years at a Baptist college with 12 semester hours of religious studies to my credit. Trust me ... I have read the scriptures I refer to and own them. You ... I'm not so sure of.

All I can judge is what I see from you.

( 10)I assure you I know thge difference between the 2 cues named. You may be a better cueist than I ... but you may not be. In any event, billiards acumen isn't a means to tax exemption.

No, you don't. You admitted to Cuaba you know nothing about cues.

( 11)treating you with respect ... I do give you more than you deserve.

No, you don't. You and your imaginary wife have called me a Klansman and now you are trying to accuse me of being a tax cheater simply over one facetious post.
I'm sure you see yourself as an okay guy. What you actually are
is an internet troll who is obsessed with arguing and imagining you are "winning" and will use any dirty trick at your disposal.
Am I right, Gayle and Wolfie?

Now, please, let's get beyond your bile spewing and address the issue ... why should you feel entitled to avoid paying your fair share while also feeling entitled to condemn those who you feel don't. Especially when the others pay a much higher amount both in total dollars and percent of income?

I don't. Show me where I said that? A pathetic attempt to discredit me. For shame.

I love you as a fellow soul from God but I find your behavior
on these forums beneath my contempt.

hondo
01-11-2010, 12:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">F*ck the IRS. JMHO.

( Just kidding. I love you guys.) </div></div>

Here is the post that Dub has used to attack me.

Says a lot about him, doesn't it?

When you debate the Dubster, watch out for low blows, rabbit punches and loaded gloves.
He will cheat to win.

Gayle in MD
01-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Yes, dear friend, you are right. And...

Most secretaries to the wealthy pay more in taxes than their bosses....as Buffet has always readily admitted.

Deferred taxes, loopholes and reduced taxes on capital gains, IOW, a Republican tax system, has been proven in every government chart, to advance the wealthy at the expense of the grunts in our society. Hence, the chasm between the wealthy and the Middle Class, always widens under Republican majorities.

Now, the hedge funders are getting the reduced capital gains, on the money they gamble with from their investors, same people they bilked for eight years.

Two things one needn't bother discussing with the right, evolution, and taxes. They don't have a clue about either.

"Only the little people pay taxes" The queen of mean....

Back to total ignore..let's have an agreement not to even quote the little people.

G.

hondo
01-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Funny that Chefjeff considers you a statist.

Wonder why?

wolfdancer
01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
well put, and well deserved.
You did kind of screw up his reply where, he was going to claim that he routinely paid five figures in taxes...as though that would be important to anybody here

hondo
01-11-2010, 04:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well put, and well deserved.
You did kind of screw up his reply where, he was going to claim that he routinely paid five figures in taxes...as though that would be important to anybody here </div></div>

It does look like I shut him up for a while.

He's off licking his wounds right now or having some private time with his blow-up doll or playing war on his bed with his G.I. Joes.

wolfdancer
01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
or both !!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
01-12-2010, 06:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well put, and well deserved.
You did kind of screw up his reply where, he was going to claim that he routinely paid five figures in taxes...as though that would be important to anybody here </div></div>

It does look like I shut him up for a while.

He's off licking his wounds right now or having some private time with his blow-up doll or playing war on his bed with his G.I. Joes.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Or over on the A$$H**e Zealots BS forum, claiming victory. Ha ha ha...</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif