PDA

View Full Version : In the market for a table. Had a quick question.

BobDigi
01-09-2010, 10:00 PM
First off, I am shopping for an 8ft table in the $2000-$2500 price range. I have looked at both Brunswick and Olhausen entry level tables. The Olhausen dealer i went to had a brand called DLT? It sounded nice but i have not heard anything about that brand? It was the windsor model and it was going to be $2000 plus tax. It had 1 inch 3 panel slate. And the dealer has put Accufast rails into them. I am just hoping someone has heard of this brand and had any input to give me. Thanks in advance.

Billy_Bob
01-10-2010, 12:20 AM
As with anything I buy, I need replacement parts at times, so I like to buy a well known brand which would be easy to get parts for in the future.

So that may be something to consider...

bradb
01-10-2010, 01:25 PM
The dealers all carry Chinese clones along with their brand name tables, but I am informed that all tables now are made in China including the top brands (except for Diamond.) So its buyer beware.

The cheaper tables use lower quality wood that may crack or split, but the main concern is how are the cross members underneath attached to the frame? On some inexpensive tables the beams are screwed on with ell brackets. Good tables use anchor bolts with the beams notched into the frame. Best to do a good check underneath.

Laminate wood underneath for the beams is ok as it is as strong as solid wood if not stronger and is less expensive. But the rails should be real wood as that is where the wearing is. I bought that kind of table for myself and saved money.

Personally I would go with a name brand. Brad

BCA Master Instr
01-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Olhausen are great tables......