PDA

View Full Version : Two wannabes already gone

eg8r
01-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Well we could tell last week the Eagles were worn out and not up to playing anymore. This week Dallas went out and whipped them again. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I have a buddy that is a huge Bengals fan and he is at home sad once again. He was hoping that this year was his year but now second guessing whether Palmer can take them much further.

eg8r

wolfdancer
01-10-2010, 12:04 AM
So who do you like? I keep hearing the San Diego Chargers....but after years of watching every game on the tube...I haven't seen one game this year. Did Joe Montana, and Jim Brown retire, how about Howie Long?

sack316
01-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Eagles were just too beat up with so many injuries. Cowboys have really looked strong the last few weeks.

I am starting to like the Jets... never been a fan of theirs, but Rex Ryan and the funny banter of Sanchez towards his former coach have won me over a little but lately. I don't think they are a complete team, but if they can run the ball and play D like they are capable of, they won't be a pushover to anyone.

I think we have some good games in store next week, I'm struggling to make a pick. But I think the Colts will likely pull it all out. Nobody beat them until they laid down. Their only problem may be if they can flip the switch again and turn it back on.

Sack

eg8r
01-10-2010, 01:51 PM
My pick is definitely with the Colts. I cannot believe the Pats are laying down as I type this. The Ravens are beating them down.

eg8r

eg8r
01-10-2010, 01:52 PM
LOL, I like the Dolphins. Not much to root for this year though. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif We beat the Patriots twice and still could not get in the playoffs.

My pick is the Colts and if they stumble then my second pick is the Chargers.

eg8r

wolfdancer
01-10-2010, 02:36 PM
If the Dolphins still had Garo to keek some touchdowns for them..I'd place a small wager on them.

sack316
01-18-2010, 03:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I am starting to like the Jets... never been a fan of theirs, but Rex Ryan and the funny banter of Sanchez towards his former coach have won me over a little but lately. I don't think they are a complete team, but if they can run the ball and play D like they are capable of, they won't be a pushover to anyone.
</div></div>

Yeah, I said it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

eg8r
01-18-2010, 12:46 PM
You were right. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I am definitely hoping Peyton and company shut them down.

eg8r

sack316
01-18-2010, 06:10 PM
I think the Colts should be the stroke of midnight for Cinderella... but then again so should have been the Chargers, Bengals, and severe odds against making the playoffs in the first place. So who knows.

The only knock on the Colts is a lack of running game right now. It's hard enough being 2 dimensional against a Rex Ryan defense, much less one dimensional. Especially with Rives playing in the secondary the way he has all year. But then again, it is still Peyton Manning... and even if Wayne is locked down, there's Clark, Colie, Garcon, etc. that have been stepping up.

IMHO, it'll come down to the Colt's defense. If they play like they did last week, they should win relatively easily as the Jets don't exactly have an explosive offense.

Sack

eg8r
01-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I think the Jets have a great chance. As everyone knows, the only defense that could ever stop Peyton was the one at UF. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r