PDA

View Full Version : Another Vicious Pit Bull Attack

Gayle in MD
01-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Another child, this time a three year old child, killed by the family pit bull.

I cannot understand why people buy these dogs.

Every owner thinks their Pit Bull is safe.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif How many more people will die because of that?

I'm an animal lover, and believe all animals should be protected from abuse, but these dogs should not be in homes with children, nor should they be allowed out in public on leashes.

I cannot understand why child protective services does not address these tragedies more directly.

What a terrible tragedy...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34797771/ns/us_news/

milesmuhldoon
01-11-2010, 08:31 AM
shouldn't you be out crying the blues for the starving Namibians or something you goofball, you!.

wolfdancer
01-11-2010, 08:25 PM
what a sad post, trying to use a report of the vicious death of an innocent child, to post some insulting comments towards Gayle.
But, it's not the first time something similar has been done here.

Chilled
01-12-2010, 03:45 AM
To lighten the mood a little, have to say that my own slightly warped sense of humour led to the way the thread title etc reads on the front menu page prompting a small wry chuckle.I have nothing at all against 'Gayle in md' and would have found it quite funny no matter who the thread author was.

"Another vicious pit bull attack by gayle in md" should surely provoke at least the beginnings of a smile on the edge of the mouths of most, lol.

Gayle in MD
01-12-2010, 06:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To lighten the mood a little, have to say that my own slightly warped sense of humour led to the way the thread title etc reads on the front menu page prompting a small wry chuckle.I have nothing at all against 'Gayle in md' and would have found it quite funny no matter who the thread author was.

"Another vicious pit bull attack by gayle in md" should surely provoke at least the beginnings of a smile on the edge of the mouths of most, lol. </div></div>

I thank you. I have always regarded my persistance as a plus in life, and the source of accomplishments which have added a great deal of pleasure to my experience of life.

My successful efforts to ignore personal attacks on this forum
have been a source of aggravation for many of you righties. The resulting attacks against me, and my relentless efforts to speak up for my party, and against oppression where I find it, and also to correct many of the ridiculous assertions written by righties, which I read here, will continue, and obviously as such, will remain a source of irritation for you.

Ms. Palin, is praised by the right, for the same self anointment....hence, I find you, and your co-hearts amusing, transparent, and irrelevant...

Your goal of ignoring the subject, and using typical Republican tactics to turn serious subjects, into petty personal attacks, is quite easy, although, lacking in substance, and without any intellectual merit.

I see you have little honor, to have used such a tragedy for petty retribution, but I expected as much. Speaks to your intent, far more so than your claim of no axe to grind.

Carry on, as will I.

G.

Chilled
01-12-2010, 07:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To lighten the mood a little, have to say that my own slightly warped sense of humour led to the way the thread title etc reads on the front menu page prompting a small wry chuckle.I have nothing at all against 'Gayle in md' and would have found it quite funny no matter who the thread author was.

"Another vicious pit bull attack by gayle in md" should surely provoke at least the beginnings of a smile on the edge of the mouths of most, lol. </div></div>

I thank you. I have always regarded my persistance as a plus in life, and the source of accomplishments which have added a great deal of pleasure to my experience of life.

have been a source of aggravation for many of you righties. The resulting attacks against me, and my relentless efforts to speak up for my party, and against oppression where I find it, and also to correct many of the ridiculous assertions written by righties, which I read here, will continue, and obviously as such, will remain a source of irritation for you.

Ms. Palin, is praised by the right, for the same self anointment....hence, I find you, and your co-hearts amusing, transparent, and irrelevant...

Your goal of ignoring the subject, and using typical Republican tactics to turn serious subjects, into petty personal attacks, is quite easy, although, lacking in substance, and without any intellectual merit.

I see you have little honor, to have used such a tragedy for petty retribution, but I expected as much. Speaks to your intent.

Carry on, as will I.

G.

</div></div>

My fellow righties? My co-hearts? What you write will remain a 'source of irritation' for me?????? I have used a tragedy for petty retribution?????

Are you sure you meant these comments for me? To the best of my knowledge I've never had so much as a single cross word with you or about you and have no idea what your basis is for making the above remarks to me.

I thought the preface to my comments was clear. Someone else had posted a bad taste personal attack on you. Another poster had defended you. I merely tried to lighten the mood. Warped as my imagination may be, that menu page would look just as mildly amusing to me if it read "Another vicious pit bull attack by Chilled....or by Sonoma...or by Eg8r or by anyone at all who posts regularly. The fact that you were the author of the thread is irrelevant. Before Sonoma or Eg8r now throw a hissy fit, their names were just chosen in this current post purely at random. I am not suggesting they are authors of vicious pit bull terrier attacks either....phew!

It seems pretty hard to lighten up anything around here. I'll stick to doom and gloom in future.

Gayle in MD
01-12-2010, 08:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To lighten the mood a little, have to say that my own slightly warped sense of humour led to the way the thread title etc reads on the front menu page prompting a small wry chuckle.I have nothing at all against 'Gayle in md' and would have found it quite funny no matter who the thread author was.

I see you have little honor, to have used such a tragedy for petty retribution, but I expected as much. Speaks to your intent.

Carry on, as will I.

G.

</div></div>

My fellow righties? My co-hearts? What you write will remain a 'source of irritation' for me?????? I have used a tragedy for petty retribution?????

Are you sure you meant these comments for me? To the best of my knowledge I've never had so much as a single cross word with you or about you and have no idea what your basis is for making the above remarks to me.

I thought the preface to my comments was clear. Someone else had posted a bad taste personal attack on you. Another poster had defended you. I merely tried to lighten the mood. Warped as my imagination may be, that menu page would look just as mildly amusing to me if it read "Another vicious pit bull attack by Chilled....or by Sonoma...or by Eg8r or by anyone at all who posts regularly. The fact that you were the author of the thread is irrelevant. Before Sonoma or Eg8r now throw a hissy fit, their names were just chosen in this current post purely at random. I am not suggesting they are authors of vicious pit bull terrier attacks either....phew!

It seems pretty hard to lighten up anything around here. I'll stick to doom and gloom in future. </div></div>

That won't be necessary. The admission that your response was warped, will do quite nicely. Forgive me if I assumed immediately that you were a member of the pack.

I was going by my past experience with the right, on this forum.

At least, you have admitted to the lack of empathy suggested in your post. If I made a further mis-judgement, as regards you intentions, I apologize.

G.

Chilled
01-12-2010, 08:58 AM
No problem, we're cool. Mistakes happen. Regular experiences of anything will always colour judgement and expectations to a degree. No big deal. As it happens a free admission to my humour sometimes being warped was simply a repetition as that explanation was also already in the preface to the original remarks in the original post /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

For the record I see no justifiable purpose or acceptable risk levels in pit bull terriers and a few other comparable breeds being kept as pets in houses where they might have easy access to children, especially without the permanent presence of an adult. No matter how docile they may appear the "attack and remain with jaws clamped until the target stops moving" instinct is in their genes and may surface at any time.

Gayle in MD
01-12-2010, 09:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No problem, we're cool. Mistakes happen. Regular experiences of anything will always colour judgement and expectations to a degree. No big deal. As it happens a free admission to my humour sometimes being warped was simply a repetition as that explanation was also already in the preface to the original remarks in the original post /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

For the record I see no justifiable purpose or acceptable risk levels in pit bull terriers and a few other comparable breeds being kept as pets in houses where they might have easy access to children, especially without the permanent presence of an adult. No matter how docile they may appear the "attack and remain with jaws clamped until the target stops moving" instinct is in their genes and may surface at any time. </div></div>

I heartily agree, and think that parents who leave their children, no matter their ages, unsupervised with these dangerous breeds, should be held to account for their negligence.

Sorry if I misjudged you. An obvious overreaction. The trend around here, of late, has been a planned invasion from another site, for the sole purpose of attacking me, my friends here, my posts, my life, and my character, as I'm sure you can readily see...

We already had a few members here who were doing a fine job of that before the recent arrivals... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

G.

pooltchr
01-12-2010, 09:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

have been a source of aggravation for many of you righties.
G.

</div></div>

I'm sorry, but I can't let that go. You are crying about personal attacks against you, and yet, to my knowledge, there is only one person on this forum who has ever gone so far as to actually take action to directly cause another poster to suffer financial setbacks and loss of income in their personal business. That would be you!!!

That said, I am going back into retirement from this forum.
In reading through some of the posts, I see very little has changed, and there is little other than sniping and fighting going on here.

It's too bad. This was a good forum at one time.

Steve

eg8r
01-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Come on Steve, we have a few other threads that are non-political, why not join in there or start some others? That is what I have been trying to do.

eg8r

Bobbyrx
01-12-2010, 03:54 PM
I couldn't agree more, Gayle. Any parent who would let a small child around a pit bull should not be allowed to have kids. And another thing that I have noticed since we have had this cold wave, people leaving their dogs outside and chained in 10 degree weather with no shelter. It makes my blood boil. Why have a pet at all if you are going to treat it in such a way.

hondo
01-13-2010, 07:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milesmuhldoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shouldn't you be out crying the blues for the starving Namibians or something you goofball, you!. </div></div>

Congratulations, Miles.
You'rein the early lead for most ignorant post of 2010.

hondo
01-13-2010, 07:44 AM
HE'A BACK!!

What'sa matta, Steve? Too easy on AZ?

It's like having a debate on legalyzing marijuana and both sides are stoned out of their mind. Isn't it, Steve?

hondo
01-13-2010, 07:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobbyrx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I couldn't agree more, Gayle. Any parent who would let a small child around a pit bull should not be allowed to have kids. And another thing that I have noticed since we have had this cold wave, people leaving their dogs outside and chained in 10 degree weather with no shelter. It makes my blood boil. Why have a pet at all if you are going to treat it in such a way. </div></div>

Excellent post, Bobby.

Gayle in MD
01-13-2010, 08:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> there is only one person on this forum who has ever gone so far as to actually take action to directly cause another poster to suffer financial setbacks and loss of income in their personal business.</div></div>

And exactly what "Action" did I take, Steve, and what did I actually do to cause you financial setbacks and loss of income in your personal business???

LMAO. I asked you a number of times to end your constant slanderous statements against me, and ignored them for long periods of time...and appealed to you many times to enter into a mutual total ignore, for the sake of more peace around here, less vindictiveness, and an opportunity for some valuable, reqasoned debate. But you refused, over and over again. You rejected every request to bury the hatchet. Your goal was to continue your vindictive attacks on my character, which you enjoyed fully.

I asked you what you thought your women customers would think if they knew what you wrote about women, on this forum, and began to quote your own misogynistic statement, behind every one of your vicious attacks against me, and you went running to the moderator, this after your non stop vicious attacks, your use of vailed threats, insinuations that you "Had" something on me, to hold over my head, and all this after your own attacks for years, during extended time of my ignoring you, and your refusal to join me in a mutual ignore in the interest of improving the mood and flavor of this forum.

Yep, you added lots of commaradie around here. You and Ed should sign up for missionary work, you're so full of kindness and an intelligent approach to debates.

You're still a colossal liar, who refuses to take responsibility for your own poor behavior.

Now get on back over there to AZB and tell some more lies. I told you, when pressed long enough, and hard enough, I can dish it out too, that's easy. That wasn't my goal, that was your all around M.O. for years. You're the kind of guy that would sneak up and sucker punch someone...yeah, I know a few things too..

G.