PDA

View Full Version : Lane Kiffin screws UT

eg8r
01-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Well, I always strive to follow in Job's example but NOT wishing the worst for your enemy is sometimes difficult. I am referring to the University of Tennessee. Bad news coming from that university is usually a delight but I know it is not right. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Anyways, when I heard Lane was scum much along the same lines as Rich Rodriquez and Nick Saban I just sat back and smiled. I have some close friends that are UT fans and I could not help but smile at the news Kiffin and his tag along father will be leaving UT. I really thought Urban Meyer was screwing UF with his decision to quit and then take leave but I don't think that is anywhere near as bad as Kiffin up and leaving UT.

eg8r

hondo
01-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Rich Rod may not be around much longer.

I hope he's invested his money wisely.

Bobbyrx
01-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Looks like Al Davis was right about Kiffen after all /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eg8r
01-13-2010, 11:28 AM
LOL, no doubt.

eg8r

sack316
01-13-2010, 04:55 PM
He came into the SEC as a joke, and is leaving as a joke.

Oh well, I suppose at least with possible sanctions and loss of scholarships looming at USC, he may at least have an excuse for losing this time /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I think ol' rocky top may begin to be filed into the blues genre of music soon!

Sack

eg8r
01-14-2010, 07:59 AM
I think Pete Carrol was the biggest whiner in college football, and think it is fitting that Lane is replacing him. Remember Lane calling Urban a cheater and then the commissioner (referring to Lane) saying he wished the head coach would learn the rules before calling someone a cheater. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
01-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Yes, very fitting. It's a shame that Lane is such a household name over his father these days... because his pops is actually a great coach! But then again, I do have a soft spot in my heart for the old school defensive coaches such as the elder Kiffin.

Sack

eg8r
01-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Monte is definitely a great coach. I only hope that his son is heeding his advice.

eg8r

eg8r
01-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Now that the dust has settled and UT is out looking for a coach to replace the "Embarassment" I have to say, I am proud of the coaches who have turned down the job. This has nothing to do with the fact that I hope UT gets a dud for a coach. I am in awe of coaches who are willing to grit it out and show loyalty to the programs they are currently with instead of running for the money or prestige of a better program. For some reason, in sports, a contract does not mean anything anymore. It is sad what has been happening and I am not sure it was this bad before. Coaches and players just breaking out of contracts left and right for greener pastures.

eg8r

Bobbyrx
01-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Best song I've heard yet..... Runaway Lane (http://www.box.net/shared/0gok96fjoh)

sack316
01-15-2010, 09:47 AM
yeah, it's sort of a sad state. Someone on ESPN (maybe Rome, but not 100% sure) was talking the other day about how they need some kind of rules on coaching in college and those contracts. It was pointed out in several instances how some coaches leave in the middle of contracts to take better jobs (which they appear to have earned), but then it turns out they really are leaving the program in shambles with violations and a bunch of garbage that the poor next guy is stuck dealing with... while the original coach is off at his cushy new job.

Sack