PDA

View Full Version : Billiard parlors in San Fran?

shayla
08-16-2002, 02:15 PM
I'll be in San Fran for a weekend next month on business. One of my pool buddies just moved there, but she'll be out of town the weekend I'm going to be there. What is a good pool hall to go to in San Fran? I'd like to go where real players go, and not social pool players. I'd love to play in a local weekly tournament if possible. I think I'll be there Thursday night thru Sunday afternoon. 9' tables would be nice, but not necessary. Bar tables I'd prefer to stay away from. Where should I go?

08-16-2002, 02:25 PM
Family Billiards, on Geary Street. The tables closer to the window have tighter cut pockets and are crowded with good players if you can catch them there the right day. USPPA 9ball tournaments are held weekly, i forget on what days.

Eric.
08-16-2002, 02:33 PM
Family is probably you're best bet. Also, try Hollywood Billiards on Golden Gate(lousy neighborhood), or Chalkers (upscale, nice)

Good Luck,

Eric

08-19-2002, 10:40 AM
I think Family Billiards on Geary hold their weekly USPPA tourney on Thursday evenings. Chalkers is a nice place to play. If you have transportation, right across the bay bridge in Emeryville (about 15 min depending on traffic)is the Broken Rack - weekly USPPA tourney on Tuesday evenings and our 3rd stop on the women's western tour will be held at Broken Rack Billiards in Emeryville, CA on September 14th - 15th.

QS