PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh Lie For The Day

Gayle in MD
01-17-2010, 11:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LIMBAUGH: "Don't let the liberals deceive you into believing that a decade of sustained growth without inflation in America [in the '80s] resulted in a bigger gap between the haves and the have-nots. Figures compiled by the Congressional Budget Office dispel that myth." (Ought to Be, p. 70)

REALITY: CBO figures do nothing of the sort. Its numbers for after-tax incomes show that in 1980, the richest fifth of our country had eight times the income of the poorest fifth. By 1989, the ratio was more than 20 to one.
</div></div>

G.

llotter
01-17-2010, 12:14 PM
It is common to misquote Limbaugh, or other conservatives, in a disparaging way and then some dummy will use it in support of the fake world they live in. Nothing to see here folks, keep moving.

hondo
01-17-2010, 04:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is common to misquote Limbaugh, or other conservatives, in a disparaging way and then some dummy will use it in support of the fake world they live in. Nothing to see here folks, keep moving. </div></div>

Why won't they leave poor Rush and Glen alone??
Why? Why? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

LWW
01-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Stop stalking me and slandering Rush, here, and elsewhere on the internet. He does not read your posts. You are breaking the law.

LWW

Qtec
01-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Its common on the web to post a link to disprove a quote when you challenge the veracity of said quote.
You should have said, "that's wrong, here is the actual quote in context." You didn't.
Can you do that?...post a link to show you are right?.. because if you can't, you are just another blip expressing an OPINION which counts for ZERO in this situation.

Put up or shut up. Its just common courtesy.

Q

hondo
01-17-2010, 10:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stop stalking me and slandering Rush, here, and elsewhere on the internet. He does not read your posts. You are breaking the law.

LWW </div></div>

You poor, pathetic man. Seek help, Dub, before it's
too late.
I'm telling you this as a friend.

Your total immersion into forumland has created a psychosis that
is dangerous for you, your family, and your friends, if you have any.

LWW
01-18-2010, 05:32 AM
Actually ... it's been done each and every time RL is misquoted.

Each and every time, the far left chooses to cling to the lie.

LWW

pooltchr
01-18-2010, 08:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stop stalking me and slandering Rush, here, and elsewhere on the internet. He does not read your posts. You are breaking the law.

LWW </div></div>

ROTFLMAO
Rep

Steve

LWW
01-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Thanks.

Sometimes one has to be ridiculous to show another party, or parties, how ridiculous their position is.

LWW

eg8r
01-18-2010, 12:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">because if you can't, you are just another blip expressing an OPINION which counts for ZERO in this situation.</div></div>That is all anyone is doing here, posting an opinion. You just like to "think" you have "facts" but really just another opinion. To be considered a fact to someone like you one must only have to find it in a quick google search. If it is there you call it a fact.

eg8r

hondo
01-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Rep, huh? It looks like Dub is not the only one suffering
a psychosis over extended forumitis.

hondo
01-18-2010, 01:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks.

Sometimes one has to be ridiculous to show another party, or parties, how ridiculous their position is.

LWW </div></div>

LMFAO! Steve thought you were kidding.
He doesn't know you like I do, does he, Dub?

wolfdancer
01-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Rush Limbaugh must be the most misquoted man in history, if what llotter claims is true....and apparently it is only conservatives that are misquoted?
I found several sites that don't appreciate the "Fools Rush in" sayings of Limpbough....I'm surprised that he hasn't responded more vigorously to these, "lies" according to our "in the know" poster here.
I did take his advice, re: his post ...something about there ain't nuthin here folks, keep moving.

LWW
01-18-2010, 03:51 PM
You don't know me at all ... in fact, I remain unconvinced that you know anything at all.

LWW

LWW
01-18-2010, 04:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rush Limbaugh must be the most misquoted man in history, if what llotter claims is true....and apparently it is only conservatives that are misquoted?
I found several sites that don't appreciate the "Fools Rush in" sayings of Limpbough....I'm surprised that he hasn't responded more vigorously to these, "lies" according to our "in the know" poster here.
I did take his advice, re: his post ...something about there ain't nuthin here folks, keep moving. </div></div>

He did, the fact that you despise the truth and the idea of innocent until proven guilty clouds everything you think however.

Had you desired any level of truth you would have sought out what he actually said, instead of seeking "several sites that don't appreciate the "Fools Rush in" sayings of Limpbough" to explain to you what to think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><u><span style='font-size: 17pt'>RUSH:</span></u> I'm gonna respond to this absolute BS that I said don't donate. But, you know, I do not make this program about me. I try very hard not to make this program about me. So if I have time to deal with that, I will. I'm confident everybody in this audience knows what I said and what I didn't say. Even the Washington Post says without the context, "What Limbaugh said is horrible." All I said was, if you paid your income taxes, that's how you donate to government for aid, and sure enough, here comes Obama announcing $100 million from the government for aid to Haiti, fine and dandy. But, you paid for it, it's your taxes. All I said was if you're going to donate do it outside the government, pure and simple. I was attacked, folks, because I am the leading voice of mainstream conservative views, not for any other reason. And this outrage is totally feigned, just as Tony Blankley said, all this outrage at me is totally faked up. They know exactly what I said, and they know for a fact that I would never tell people not to donate to any charitable cause like this, so it is what it is.

David Brooks today in the New York Times is basically saying what I said yesterday and was attacked for, that giving aid money to countries does not help them grow. Here it is right here in the New York Times, and nobody's mad at them. Do I need to read it? Yeah, let me. "On Oct. 17, 1989, a major earthquake with a magnitude of 7.0 struck the Bay Area in Northern California. Sixty-three people were killed. This week, a major earthquake, also measuring a magnitude of 7.0, struck near Port-au-Prince, Haiti. The Red Cross estimates that between 45,000 and 50,000 people have died. This is not a natural disaster story. This is a poverty story. It's a story about poorly constructed buildings, bad infrastructure and terrible public services. On Thursday, President Obama told the people of Haiti: 'You will not be forsaken; you will not be forgotten.'

If he is going to remain faithful to that vow then he is going to have to use this tragedy as an occasion to rethink our approach to global poverty. He's going to have to acknowledge a few difficult truths. The first of those truths is that we don't know how to use aid to reduce poverty. Over the past few decades, the world has spent trillions of dollars to generate growth in the developing world. The countries that have not received much aid, like China, have seen tremendous growth and tremendous poverty reductions. The countries that have received aid, like Haiti, have not." Oh, my gosh, this is deja vu, except I'm the one that said it. Using our own war on poverty, how much money have we given to the poor in this country, and we still have the same percentages of poor people -- and we're never supposed to examine the results, right? Only the good intentions of the givers!

And, of course, the givers are us. Our back pockets are looted by our own government, and the money is redistributed -- and as Mr. Brooks is saying here, there is no upside to this. "In the recent anthology 'What Works in Development?,' a group of economists try to sort out what we've learned. The picture is grim. There are no policy levers that consistently correlate to increased growth. There is nearly zero correlation between how a developing economy does one decade and how it does the next. There is no consistently proven way to reduce corruption. Even improving governing institutions doesn't seem to produce the expected results. ... . More than 10,000 organizations perform missions of this sort in Haiti. ...

"The second hard truth is that micro-aid is vital but insufficient. Given the failures of macrodevelopment, aid organizations often focus on microprojects. So we have "more than 10,000 organizations performing missions of this sort in Haiti." It's exactly what I said: We've got charities on the ground 24/7, 365 in Haiti. By some estimates, Haiti has more nongovernmental organizations per capita than any other place on earth. They are doing the Lord's work, especially these days, but even a blizzard of these efforts does not seem to add up to comprehensive change. Third, it is time to put the thorny issue of culture at the center of efforts to tackle global poverty. Why is Haiti so poor? Well, it has a history of oppression, slavery and colonialism." Yeeeees, all the things we pointed out this week: Dictatorships! "But so does Barbados, and Barbados is doing pretty well.

"Haiti has endured ruthless dictators, corruption and foreign invasions. But so has the Dominican Republic, and the D.R. is in much better shape. Haiti and the Dominican Republic share the same island and the same basic environment, yet the border between the two societies offers one of the starkest contrasts on earth -- with trees and progress on one side, and deforestation and poverty and early death on the other. "As Lawrence E. Harrison explained in his book 'The Central Liberal Truth,' Haiti, like most of the world's poorest nations, suffers from a complex web of progress-resistant cultural influences. There is the influence of the voodoo religion, which spreads the message that life is capricious and planning futile. There are high levels of social mistrust. Responsibility is often not internalized."

"Child-rearing practices often involve neglect in the early years and harsh retribution when kids hit 9 or 10. ... In this country, we first tried to tackle poverty by throwing money at it, just as we did abroad. Then we tried microcommunity efforts, just as we did abroad. But the programs that really work involve intrusive paternalism. These programs, like the Harlem Children's Zone and the No Excuses schools, are led by people who figure they don't understand all the factors that have contributed to poverty, but they don't care. They are going to replace parts of the local culture with a highly demanding, highly intensive culture of achievement -- involving everything from new child-rearing practices to stricter schools to better job performance," and none of these programs are sponsored by government and certainly not by liberal government.

So the things that end poverty are cultural, and they start bottom-up, and they're done by citizens and real people who can't take it anymore. Throwing money at it accomplishes nothing! It's been demonstrated all across the world, but most near to us it's been demonstrated in Haiti. I mention all this as a rebuttal to all of the feigned outrage at me, the lying note that I urged people not to give to charity for Haiti. Nobody in their right mind would ever believe that about me or anybody else, for that matter. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>However, I did say find some way to do it other than giving it to Obama, 'cause I know he's going to eliminate the charitable deduction. He wants to wipe out individual charitable giving. He wants the government to be the go-to person for all charities. That's the only reason you wipe out the deduction for charitable contributions.</span> </div></div>

And the real sin is pointed out at the end ... RL suggested that people send their money to Haiti via private charity as opposed to sending it to the White House directly.

Daring to suggest that dearest leader is not the most efficient answer to all problems has become a sin of incalculable evil to the far left.

The high priests of the O-cult daily load the media spoon with their delirium and deliver to their awaiting congregations who wait with bated breath for their next dose of lies, half truths, and distortions ... never once displaying the integrity to actually disobey the O-cult priesthood and seek the truth on their own.

LWW

wolfdancer
01-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Over on the shout box...lww wrote that he doesn't read my posts, and to stop stalking him.
So, I write <s>one</s> make that now two replies to someone else, and...

hondo
01-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Please do not criticise Limberger.

You are breaking the law.

hondo
01-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Keep moving , troll. There's nothing for you here.

hondo
01-18-2010, 04:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Over on the shout box...lww wrote that he doesn't read my posts, and to stop stalking him.
So, I write <s>one</s> make that now two replies to someone else, and... </div></div>

LEAVE LWW ALONE! I MEAN IT! HE'S NOT WELL RIGHT NOW!
LEAVE LWW ALONE! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Qtec
01-18-2010, 08:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is all anyone is doing here, posting an opinion. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and may be the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. <u>However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting aguments. </u></div></div> ie, some opinions are more valid than others.

llotter's 'opinion' is not based on fact. Here is the actual quote from <u>http://www.ronaldreagan.com/</u>,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Whoa! That is powerful stuff. Perhaps you should go back and read it again before continuing, because it certainly is not the picture painted by most economic prophets of doom and gloom. I'll wait right here until you get back.

Okay. Ready to resume? Here we go. We are constantly reminded by the media how people spent profligately and consumed obscenely-how the rich got richer and the poor got poorer-under Reagan. <u>Don't you believe it. Don't let the liberals deceive you into believing that a decade of sustained growth without inflation in America resulted in a bigger gap between the haves and the have-nots. Figures compiled by the Congressional Budget Office dispel that myth.</u> </div></div> link (http://www.ronaldreagan.com/rush4.html)

Yes, google is a wonderful thing. take your pick (http://www.google.nl/search?q=Don%27t+let+the+liberals+deceive+you+into +believing+that+a+decade+of+sustained+growth+witho ut+inflation+in+America&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&client=firefox-a)

Q

LWW
01-19-2010, 06:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep moving , troll. There's nothing for you here. </div></div>

I thought you had me on ignore?

You simply don't even know the meaning of the word "TRUTH" do you.

LWW

llotter
01-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Q, I stand corrected, the quote from 1992 is accurate so it is not a 'misquote' but it is really taken out of context. After a lengthy quote from an article in the WSJ by Paul Craig Roberts that was very critical of CBO methods, Rush contrasted the 17% decrease in income of the lowest quintile under Carter compared to 12% increase during Reagan's, the same as the top 20%...a raising tide raises all boats.

The point of Roberts critique was that the CBO is partisan and had to use raw rather than adjusted data in their report, leaving out individual changes within society such as the increase in single mothers and the movement of individuals both up and down the quintile ladder.

I wonder why someone would dredge up such an old quote but only makes a very technical error at best. Im sure that Rush's book was 'proofed' before printing and not many editors or readers would identify that as a significant error at all.

DickLeonard
01-19-2010, 04:04 PM
hondo if LWW had a friend he would have put him out of his misery.####

DickLeonard
01-19-2010, 04:10 PM
LWW can't you add Papa Doc to your Hall Of Shame.####

LWW
07-16-2010, 01:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yes, google is a wonderful thing. take your pick (http://www.google.nl/search?q=Don%27t+let+the+liberals+deceive+you+into +believing+that+a+decade+of+sustained+growth+witho ut+inflation+in+America&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&client=firefox-a)

Q </div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt;I LIKE YOUR SOURCE IN THIS THREAD, WHICH PROVED YOU AND G WRONG AND LIMBAUGH CORRECT, JUST FINE&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=313652#Post313652)

http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4c3efdee7f8b9a785a010400-590-/83-percent-of-all-us-stocks-are-in-the-hands-of-1-percent-of-the-people.jpg

LWW &lt;--- Loves showing up the left through their own links.