PDA

View Full Version : Projection: Scott Brown wins

sack316
01-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Message sent.

First question, will the democrats throw her under and claim the loss as her being a weak candidate? Or will they get the message?

Will all politicians begin to see what the people want (both republicans from the last election and democrats from this early warning of what may be to come)?

I don't believe Brown won so much as Coakley lost. Nobody knows who Brown is, but apparently nobody cared either... especially taking into account where this is.

Sack

pooltchr
01-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Message sent? Absolutely!
Message received? Probably not.
Pelosi had all the Dems in a meeting at 8PM tonight when the polls closed. (Behind closed doors, of course)
I suspect the message to them was if anyone waivers on healthcare, don't expect any support form the party when you come up for re-election.
People voted for Obama because he promised change. Instead, he has continued the same big government, big spending of the Bush administration. The only change is he has increased it! It's not the kind of change people were expecting, and one of the most liberal states in the country has sent the message that they are very unhappy with what the Dems are doing.

My biggest fear now, is that the Dems will circle the wagons, rather than act on the message sent today. If that happens, we could end up with a super majority of Republicans, which really wouldn't be much better.

I kinda line it when there is more balance in Washington. It makes them all slow down and forces them to negotiate with each other, rather than ramrodding their agenda through with their strong arm tactics.

Tonight was a great step in the right direction. Most reasonable people do not like what has happened in Washington in the last year. Remember, the people who voted for Brown tonight were the same people who voted for Obama a year ago. Many of them are starting to wake up and see Obama for what he really is.

Steve

LWW
01-20-2010, 06:27 AM
And now, a spy photo from the White House breakfast nook ...
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/ONLINE%20ARGUMENTS/captphoto_1257280514701-1-0.jpg

LWW

eg8r
01-20-2010, 08:29 AM
I am definitely with Sack on this as far as Coakley losing more than Brown winning. I am a bit reserved on my excitement at this point only because all he can really do is just slow down the healthcare bill. We are still going to get something but it will be a little bit later and hopefully cheaper.

eg8r

LWW
01-20-2010, 10:01 AM
At this point, congress can pass a bill supplying free baby aspirins and Obama will sign it and claim victory as long as the words "HEALTH CARE REFORM" appear in the bill's title.

In such an event our collectivist brethren and sistren will nod their collectivist heads in blind obedience and claim a massive victory for the people because of dearest leader's brilliance ... and they will do it solely because they are told to nod their collectivist heads in blind obedience and claim a massive victory for the people because of dearest leader's brilliance.

LWW

Deeman3
01-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I just heard that this is not a voter comment on the President or Health Care, just another in a long line of Democratic victories when looked at with the proper slant (not a reference to Chinese American). This just means that the voters want a more expensive and cumbersome health care bill and the Dems will deliver it now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I watched the pain and misery on Rachel Maddow's and Chris Todd's faces last night as the message sunk in (or did not sink in,as the case may be). This is clearly a wake up call that the Dems need to move much further to the left. Many of us are now hoping they do.

The man posed naked in a magazine, voted against equiping the troops and drove a truck house-to-house and still mopped up a Democrat with Obama's three visit support in the most liberal state where there are probably less than 1,000 Republicans.

Imagine what will happen to all those Democrats in morderate and conservative states over the next couple of years!

Keep the HCR meetings behind closed doors, keep telling the moderate Democrats it will be fine and keep bribing states with ungodly costs to buy their votes. Delay the seating of Brown.

This could get much better. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
01-20-2010, 11:16 AM
I think the message is pretty clear.
The people don't want the Pelosi/Reid/Obama healthcare plan.
The people don't want more taxes.
The people don't want back-room closed door deals.
The people don't want bigger federal government.

The people have seen Obama's "change" and they don't like it.

Whether or not Washington will listen to the people remains to be seen.

Steve

Gayle in MD
01-20-2010, 11:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Message sent.

First question, will the democrats throw her under and claim the loss as her being a weak candidate? Or will they get the message?
<span style="color: #000066">Wasn't she a weak candidate in the way she campaigned? Also, are you sure you know exactly what the message was?

We do have people from the left on here, I, being one of them, who want to see the President get far more heavy handed with the Republicans.

Many of us from the left, (and I do spend time with several liberal organizations, including my fellow Democratics) would like to see the Democratics push this health care bill through, without ANY input from the Republicans, with a publilc option, and do so using the same kind of tactics that Republicans have used, in the past, reconciliation.

I think it is fair to say, that a large number of those who did not vote for her, do want to see a far stronger push back by Democratics, and the President, against the right.

I also think that he has lagged behind in going after the CEO's of the financial institutions who are acting just as arrogant, and irresponsiblty and greedy as always. IMO, he had to wait until some stabulity returned, but now I see that he IS taking some actions, and, also, although we don't hear much about it, the money is being paid back, as we go.

We know it is not possible to educate most of the rqadical RW about anything, since they only watch their pundits, and their pundits lie, constantly about what is in the bill...this not just my opinion, but a fact.

Democratics have turned themselves inside out, trying to compromise, giving them, for exampole, 164 of their requests included in one incarnation of the bill, that I recall, and the Republicans all still voted against it.

It is obvious to me, that the Republicans, and those twelve Democratics from fly over states, mostly, not my description, BTW, just the one that is usually used, are out there to protect the corporations which are hurting our country by gouging Americans left and right...

I don't think they can throw her under the bus, I think she must have thrown herself under the bus, by failing to campaign hard enough, and taking too much time off, and taking too much for granted.

No question, this is a set back for Democratics, but I, as a liberal, do hope we will see a more aggressive party, less concerned with bi-partisanship, in the future.

Like many other Democratics, I am disgusted by the RW pundits, their non stop lies and diversions away from what is obviously a critical situation for many Americans in this country, and is causing death and financial ruination for many who's only fault, was to become ill.

Health care costs, and insurance practices are having a very negative impact on the American Economy, contributing to foreclosures, and dampening job opportunities.

A society cannot go forward into a growing economy when only the wealthy improve their financial status, and the Middle Class stays stagnant. Reference the fifties, and many government charts which have already been posted here, showing the loss of opportunities, and income.</span>

Will all politicians begin to see what the people want (both republicans from the last election and democrats from this early warning of what may be to come)?

I don't believe Brown won so much as Coakley lost.

<span style="color: #000066">I couldn't agree more. Also, I don't think we have much hope in creating the changes we need, unless we rise up, both Democratics and Republicans and demand public financing, and also prevent more Supreme Court rulings that basically remove the power of our votes, by removing the degree to which Corporations can continue to buy our politicians.

</span>

Nobody knows who Brown is, but apparently nobody cared either... especially taking into account where this is.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Absolutely, and again, I agree. The resident radical right can take solace today, GIM, is very upset, and disappointed. This is a major set back for many Americans who truly need health care reform, IMO, and according to statistics, there are many who will now die because they could not afford health care, preventive testing, a healthier diet, and many of them have worked hard all of their lives, only to lose everything because they became ill. An American tragedy, to say the least.

Gayle </span>

sack316
01-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Agreed with probably 99% of your post.

I, however, don't feel it's a banner day for republicans either. Sure they can be happy that the number is no longer the magical 60... but a lack of support for a democratic candidate does not equate to support for the republican one. I don't know much of the man, but from what I can tell Brown was only a (R) on the ticket... he seems much more independent/libertarian to me. Which granted he skews much more to the right than left, but I'm not convinced republicans could call him "one of their own". I, for one, hope he acts according to his words... and not be sucked into the team play that is plaguing efficiency in Washington right now. I guess only time will tell on that one.

But truly out of this, I hope all of our representatives learn that there are no gimmies anymore. That the people are paying attention, and if the people are not happy then we will vote in a nobody over someone else if need be. I predicted some time ago that a third party would begin to rise and at least start making a splash... I think last night was a sign that it is a very real possibility. Unless things change, having an (R) or a (D) by your name will no longer hold any power.

Sack

Deeman3
01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Sack,

I do think that all on the right owe a large debt to Pelosi, Reed as well as many others who made last night possible.

If the Dems do take this as a message that they need to be even more partisan than in the past, it will be a crucifician for the moderates and even some on the far left as the simple message will be, "We don't care what you think, we will puch through an expensive and marginally effective Health Care Bill no matter the wants and outright protests of a majority of Americans in both parties but especially those with no party affiliation."

Hey, they tried it. Pretending that a couple of hundred Republican proposals that left the heart of the socialized medicine intack would justify voting for this mess. They (Obama) promised a clear view of the proceeding, on C-Span, but have taken it to the back rooms of a Chicago type political buy-off that would even shame Rod "The Gov".

Thhis election is not the death of HCR and should not be. However, if any good is to come from this, the Dems should start over with a practical (less than 2000 page) bill that makes sense. They could abandon the trial attorney's the drug contributors and the corrupt unions they are buying off and get Americans on theit side. We know they won't do this any more than they will tell a few of their own blue states they have to pay thier own Medicade expenses.

Out and out corruption the like of which has not been seen in many, many years. At least Hillary would have been smart enough to get a real bill through by leading and controlling the issues herself instead of allowing Reed and Pelosi to corrupt it all up into a top secret pork package for votes.

Yes, keep on going Dems, it will only get better in a few months. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

No name calling or harm to animals was done during this post. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
01-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Good point, Deeman. And we have one of their cheerleaders right here encouraging them to increase their strong arm tactics, become more forceful in battling the evil right, and continuing their back room, closed door, shady dealing, vote buying ways! In the opinion posted above, I believe I read that they haven't done enough!

And while they may still manage to pass a much watered down version of healthcare (baby asprin in every bathroom cabinet) and claim a major victory for Obama, how many of them will get run over by the bus in the process?

Republicans found out what happens when you get power and then abuse it. Maybe this will be the time that the Dems learn the same lesson.

If you go to Washington and refuse to represent the people, the people will make sure you are out of a job.

Steve

Deeman3
01-20-2010, 02:44 PM
"If there's anybody in this building that doesn't tell you they are more worried about elections today, you should absolutely slap them," Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri told reporters at the Capitol. "Of course everybody is more worried about elections. Are you kidding? It's what this place thrives on."

Deeman3
01-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Oops!

WASHINGTON - The U.S. intelligence chief said Wednesday that the Christmas Day airline bombing suspect should have been treated as a terror suspect when the plane landed. That would have meant questioning him initially by special interrogators rather than standard law enforcement officers.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was interviewed by federal law enforcement investigators when Northwest Flight 253 landed in Detroit after he allegedly tried to detonate a homemade bomb sneaked through airport security in Nigeria and Amsterdam. Abdulmutallab, a Nigerian, is being held in a prison near Detroit.

Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair told the Senate Homeland Security Committee that he was not consulted on whether Abdulmutallab should be questioned by the recently created High-Value Detainee Interrogation Group, or HIG.

Gayle in MD
01-21-2010, 04:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oops!

WASHINGTON - The U.S. intelligence chief said Wednesday that the Christmas Day airline bombing suspect should have been treated as a terror suspect when the plane landed. That would have meant questioning him initially by special interrogators rather than standard law enforcement officers.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was interviewed by federal law enforcement investigators when Northwest Flight 253 landed in Detroit after he allegedly tried to detonate a homemade bomb sneaked through airport security in Nigeria and Amsterdam. Abdulmutallab, a Nigerian, is being held in a prison near Detroit.

Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair told the Senate Homeland Security Committee that he was not consulted on whether Abdulmutallab should be questioned by the recently created High-Value Detainee Interrogation Group, or HIG.

</div></div>

Dee,
It would be really nice if you would include the name of the publication, and the writer, when you reference news stories.

Thanks,
G.

Gayle in MD
01-21-2010, 05:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agreed with probably 99% of your post.

I, however, don't feel it's a banner day for republicans either. Sure they can be happy that the number is no longer the magical 60... but a lack of support for a democratic candidate does not equate to support for the republican one. I don't know much of the man, but from what I can tell Brown was only a (R) on the ticket... he seems much more independent/libertarian to me. Which granted he skews much more to the right than left, but I'm not convinced republicans could call him "one of their own". I, for one, hope he acts according to his words... and not be sucked into the team play that is plaguing efficiency in Washington right now. I guess only time will tell on that one.

But truly out of this, I hope all of our representatives learn that there are no gimmies anymore. That the people are paying attention, and if the people are not happy then we will vote in a nobody over someone else if need be. I predicted some time ago that a third party would begin to rise and at least start making a splash... I think last night was a sign that it is a very real possibility. Unless things change, having an (R) or a (D) by your name will no longer hold any power.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">If only voting in a nobody could make a difference.

IMO, Sack, it's the system. Once they get into office, they want and need more money for re-election campaigns, and, let's be honest here, many of them go into politics not so much to help people, but to rub shoulders with the wealthy corporate CEO's, which will aid their path to wealth and riches later on.

Don't know if you've been keeping up with the Supreme Court lately, but they have been and are going to continue to commit gross disservice to voters, and to democracy, IMO. How can voters compete with multi-billion dollar greedy crooks, scamming everyone and every piece of legislation? If one notices, their television commercials are full of lies about the Bill, and have been all along.

Surely, some of the fault of all the division among Americans, has to do with all of the lies and misinformation which is blasting through the airwaves, 24/7.

Corporate money, and corporate corruption, IMO, is the source of most of our problems in this country, from the Military Industrial Complex, to corrupt practices of organizations such as Halliburton/Carlyle/Exxon/AIG/UHC, you get my drift. As I understand it, when a government is in cahoots with corporate interests which are allowed to take over a country, buying votes, using money to pay off representatives, legislation resulting which is not what is best for the masses, the definition is fascism.

Unless we stop the money flow between special intersts, their multi millions spent every year to buy off our representatives, we can kiss democracy good bye....

Eisenhower had originally written, "Beware, of the Military - Congressional Industrial Complex" He removed the word "congressional" after deciding that he didn't want to p*** off all of the representatives on the hill...should have left it in there.

I surely don't think it has been good, either, that one party continues to use social issues as a wedge between Americans. Using fear as a weapon against one's countrymen and women, IMO, is about as low as it gets....and while some will deny it, Republicans have done that consistantly, and even continuously since 9/11.

I heard that some of the polls are showing that many who either didn't vote, or voted against the Democratic lady, did so because they were angry that a strong public wasn't fought for hard enough by democratics. I, also, do not see this election result as any big support for Republicans. Americans are tired of seeing their lives change for the worst, and feel abandoned. Ten percent unemployment is going to impact whichever party is in control.

One thing for sure, none of the economists that I heard or read were predicting any quick recovery from Bush's Impending Depression, and they were saying at the time, that "IF" we could divert it, any recovery would be very slow. Personally, I don't think it is fair to blame the President. He did, after all, manage to prevent complete and total disaster. Not many seem to appriciate the multi disasters which he inherited. If he can get some job growth going this year, we will see much more support return. He still isn't getting numbers as low as REagan, at this same time in his administration, for example. Ten percent unemployment, is no easy nut to crack...that's for sure.

G. </span>

pooltchr
01-21-2010, 08:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Using fear as a weapon against one's countrymen and women, IMO, is about as low as it gets.... </div></div>

I totally agree!
Selling the public on Cap and Trade by spreading fear that the world will come to an end if global warming isn't stopped is really low.

Pushing healthcare by telling the public that people can't get necessary treatment without it and will die is certainly low.

Selling stimulus by telling the public that without it, unemployment would hit double digets (we know how that one turned out) was a prime example of using fear to pass legislation.

The left is certainly not above using fear mongering to push their own agenda.

Steve

Deeman3
01-21-2010, 08:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oops!

</div></div>

Dee,
It would be really nice if you would include the name of the publication, and the writer, when you reference news stories.

Thanks,
G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> An Associated Press story on the MSNBC home page yesterday. </span>

Qtec
01-21-2010, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Comprehensive health care reform can no longer wait. Rapidly escalating health care costs are crushing family, business, and government budgets. Employer-sponsored health insurance premiums have doubled in the last 9 years, a rate 3 times faster than cumulative wage increases. This forces families to sit around the kitchen table to make impossible choices between paying rent or paying health premiums. Given all that we spend on health care, American families should not be presented with that choice. <u>The United States spent approximately $2.2 trillion on health care in 2007, or $7,421 per person nearly twice the average of other developed nations. Americans spend more on health care than on housing or food. If rapid health cost growth persists, the Congressional Budget Office estimates that by 2025, one out of every four dollars in our national economy will be tied up in the health system.</u> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000">Pushing healthcare by telling the public that people can't get necessary treatment without it and will die is certainly low. </span></div></div>

Like non-existent Death Panels? Fact is, every year 44,000 Americans die because they have no real access to medical care.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) took to the floor Wednesday night to read the names of those who had died from lack of health insurance in Republican districts.

Grayson also read stories from his website Namesofthedead.com, which collects health care tragedies from around the country.

"Is it really asking too much of us that we keep people alive?" he asked. Later he added,
"We can save these people, or we can let them die." </div></div>

just watch the first part (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfNVWINLfKs&feature=player_embedded#)

Brown won not because of what Obama has done. He won because Obama didn't do what he promised. This naive Bi-Partisan $hit attitude that Ob has taken<u> is a fantasy </u>and everyone knows it. They [ GOP] have no intention of working with him to achieve his goals.
The Dems have given concession after concession and the GOP STILL voted as a block against the HC Bill <u>that they shaped!</u>
He has obviously no idea how the GOP operates.

I hope the house rejects the Senate Bill, makes their own - including some form of Public Option - and sends it back to the Senate.
The Dems have majorities in both Houses and a Dem POTUS. The people have spoken. I say F--k the Rep Party and just do what Bush did and use the power the people have given them.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>When did Bush EVER require a 60 vote to pass anything?</span>

Q

pooltchr
01-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Q. Thank you for prooving my point.

The left is certainly not above using fear mongering to push their agenda.

"People are dying now, so we must pass our government run healthcare"

"If you don't support our agenda, you are going to die!"

If that isn't using fear tactics, I don't know what is!!!!!

Steve

Gayle in MD
01-21-2010, 09:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Comprehensive health care reform can no longer wait. Rapidly escalating health care costs are crushing family, business, and government budgets. Employer-sponsored health insurance premiums have doubled in the last 9 years, a rate 3 times faster than cumulative wage increases. This forces families to sit around the kitchen table to make impossible choices between paying rent or paying health premiums. Given all that we spend on health care, American families should not be presented with that choice. <u>The United States spent approximately $2.2 trillion on health care in 2007, or $7,421 per person nearly twice the average of other developed nations. Americans spend more on health care than on housing or food. If rapid health cost growth persists, the Congressional Budget Office estimates that by 2025, one out of every four dollars in our national economy will be tied up in the health system.</u> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000">Pushing healthcare by telling the public that people can't get necessary treatment without it and will die is certainly low. </span></div></div>

Like non-existent Death Panels? Fact is, every year 44,000 Americans die because they have no real access to medical care.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) took to the floor Wednesday night to read the names of those who had died from lack of health insurance in Republican districts.

Grayson also read stories from his website Namesofthedead.com, which collects health care tragedies from around the country.

"Is it really asking too much of us that we keep people alive?" he asked. Later he added,
"We can save these people, or we can let them die." </div></div>

just watch the first part (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfNVWINLfKs&feature=player_embedded#)

Brown won not because of what Obama has done. He won because Obama didn't do what he promised. This naive Bi-Partisan $hit attitude that Ob has taken<u> is a fantasy </u>and everyone knows it. They [ GOP] have no intention of working with him to achieve his goals.
The Dems have given concession after concession and the GOP STILL voted as a block against the HC Bill <u>that they shaped!</u>
He has obviously no idea how the GOP operates.

I hope the house rejects the Senate Bill, makes their own - including some form of Public Option - and sends it back to the Senate.
The Dems have majorities in both Houses and a Dem POTUS. The people have spoken. I say F--k the Rep Party and just do what Bush did and use the power the people have given them.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>When did Bush EVER require a 60 vote to pass anything?</span>

Q </div></div>

Exactly how I feel. I think the vote can go back to the congress, and then straight to a reconciliation vote, if I am not mistaken. The Dems should delete all of the Republican BS they allowed, and give the country real HC reform, and a strong public option, that anyone can advantage.

The RW continues to deny the facts, as usual. Passing health care is essential to building a strong economy. They just don'et get it at all, ever.

Now, finally, I am beginning to see a push back from the Dems, against the Repubs, and the banks, and corrupt financial institutions, and the right is screaming about transparency! ???

Interesting, they didn't require any transparency, even when our soldiers were being slaughtered, and didn't have decent equipment.

Bush never paid for a damn thing, just ran the countyry into a rut for eight years, for nothing.

Unbelievable!
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And because Bubba understands he's being shafted, even if he doesn't know why or how or by whom, he listens to Limbaugh. </div></div>
G.

Qtec
01-21-2010, 09:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MATTHEWS:Chris and Joan, it seems to me there`s been a comparison between what we had yesterday in Massachusetts, and the one held in Pennsylvania, when Harris Wofford knocked off Richard Thornburgh, in that incredible race in `91. Is this has much of a leader, an indicator, of just where we`re headed -- Joan -- for this November?

WALSH: You know, I`m not sure it is but I do want to say I`ve spent the last week, Chris, saying, Martha Coakley ran a bad campaign, but we really do have to look at what this means for Democrats. <u>And I think that`s the first and foremost thing that it means is that President Obama has simply not led.

He let the Republicans run this health care agenda. People want to blame Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi? He turned it over to the Senate`s Finance Committee, he gave Republicans their marching orders, he gave them rope to hang him and that`s what they did. That`s why we`re still talking about this a year after his inauguration.</u> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>This is garbage that he bowed to his left. This is a corporate bill with corporate giveaways that the left is pissed about. That`s the problem with it</span>. And I`ll finish Howard Dean`s sentence. One more thing. Howard Dean was trying to say -- I don`t agree with him on everything. Martha Coakley lost the progressives because nobody cares that she`s for the public option. That is dead and gone because the President didn`t fight for it.

So the idea that he went too far to this left is simply, factually wrong. </div></div>

Q........she was doomed to lose.

eg8r
01-21-2010, 10:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brown won not because of what Obama has done. He won because Obama didn't do what he promised. </div></div>You are making no distinction, the two are one in the same. What Obama HAS done is opposite of what he promised so the voters gave him an example of what is to come if he continues doing what he IS doing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They [ GOP] have no intention of working with him to achieve his goals.
</div></div>Quite a hypocritical position you are putting Obama, Pelosi and Reed in don't you think? Those three have no intention of working with the GOP either. Seems like a standstill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I hope the house rejects the Senate Bill, makes their own - including some form of Public Option - and sends it back to the Senate.
The Dems have majorities in both Houses and a Dem POTUS. The people have spoken. </div></div> You are absolutely correct and what they have said is, sorry Obama and the rest of the idiots pushing the crappy healthcare reform bill currently presented. We are going to choose to put someone in office that has a chance to halt it.

eg8r

eg8r
01-21-2010, 10:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the vote can go back to the congress, and then straight to a reconciliation vote, if I am not mistaken.</div></div>I actually hope that happens. Preferably prior to November. This would be political suicide for the dummies, I mean Dems. At that point Reps will be voted in and they can put a stop to this idiocy.

I think one thing most Americans, including Republicans, were hoping for with a vote for Obama was that he would live up to his word and actually institute the transparency on which he stumped. Ignorant people like to say Reps did not mind the non-transparency of the previous administration but that is foolishness. Reps and more importantly Independants were upset with the lack of transparency and voted in Obama in hopes he would keep his word. Turns out he is just as shady as the Dems say W was.

eg8r

Deeman3
01-21-2010, 10:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> But Q, he was a President, not a game show host. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

eg8r
01-21-2010, 10:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dee,
It would be really nice if you would include the name of the publication, and the writer, when you reference news stories.</div></div>LOL, isn't this request a bit funny. Take a look at the thread "More Limbaugh Lies", it seems to be missing the name of the author and publication.

eg8r