PDA

View Full Version : The economy

wolfdancer
01-20-2010, 02:58 PM
This has been around for awhile, but the last part has been recently added???

The economy is so bad;

I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.

I ordered a burger at McDonald's and the kid behind the counter asked, "Can
you afford fries with that?"

CEO's are now playing miniature golf.

If the bank returns your check marked "Insufficient Funds," call them and
ask if they meant you or them.

Hot Wheels and Matchbox stocks are trading higher than GM.

McDonald's is selling the new 1/4 ouncer.

Parents in Beverly Hills fired their nannies and learned their children's
names.

A truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico .

Dick Cheney took his stockbroker hunting.

Motel Six won't leave the light on anymore.

The Mafia is laying off judges.

Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen.

And, finally... I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy,
wars, jobs, my savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc., I called
the Suicide Lifeline. I got a call center in Pakistan ,and when I told them
I was suicidal, they got all excited, and asked if I could drive a truck!

Deeman3
01-20-2010, 04:09 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Funny Jack!

I like the mafia laying off judges...

Gayle in MD
01-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Funny!

Speaking of the Suicide Hot Line, one year their number was one digit different from one of our 800 numbers. I was taking loads of their calls! It was Christmas time, OMG, I couldn't hang up on those people! How can one hang up when the person on the other end is screaming and crying, "I can't take it any more...I'm going to blow my brains out!"

My daughter was working for us then during her college years, and she was taking the calls on the other 800 number, and that one was one digit from Honey Baked Hams!

OMG! At the end of the day, we would pass one another in the hallway when she came home from the other office, and not even look at one another!

What a nightmare that was. We still laugh about it to this day. Everytime I see that parrot commercial, you know (?) the Parrot is saying, "I can't take it anymore, blah blah blah...." then his owner comes home from work, saying all the same things, makes me think of that Christmas. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

G.

wolfdancer
01-21-2010, 05:43 AM
That story is funny now....but what a nightmare back then...

JohnnyD
01-22-2010, 12:12 AM
What a nightmare for sure.You are spot on again Wolfdancer.God loves you.

eg8r
01-22-2010, 09:41 AM
I had the same issue with my home phone for about two nears. No where near as crazy as your predicament but we had the old number for a bank. People would call us and give out there bank account numbers, social security numbers, you name it. For a while it drove us crazy and then we had fun with it and then all of a sudden it just died. I remember at one point asking my roomate if he ever remembered answering the phone on a bank call recently and neither of us could remember the last time. It was strange.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
01-22-2010, 10:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had the same issue with my home phone for about two nears. No where near as crazy as your predicament but we had the old number for a bank. People would call us and give out there bank account numbers, social security numbers, you name it. For a while it drove us crazy and then we had fun with it and then all of a sudden it just died. I remember at one point asking my roomate if he ever remembered answering the phone on a bank call recently and neither of us could remember the last time. It was strange.

eg8r </div></div>

Seems to always go that way. Maybe, when one begins to have some fun with the process, the problem gets talked about enough that the business in question makes some changes.

Our first telephone number when we got married, was for a Dino's Restaurant! After a year or so we just started saying, "It'll be ready in fifteen minutes."

The calls soon stopped. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Then, when we moved from our last home, to this one, we inherited a drug dealers phone number!

OMG! That was a nightmare! Calls at all hours of the night! I asked around about this guy, and learned he was in jail. As soon as we told this to two or three callers, the calls stopped immediately!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif