PDA

View Full Version : More Limbaugh Lies

Gayle in MD
01-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Bogus Economics

LIMBAUGH: On California contractor C.C. Myers completing repairs 74 days early on the earthquake-damaged Santa Monica Freeway: "There was one key element that made this happen. One key thing: The governor of California declared the [freeway] a disaster area and by so doing eliminated the need for competitive bids.... Government got the hell out of the way." (TV show, 4/13/94) "They gave this guy [Myers] the job without having to go through the rigmarole...of giving 25 percent of the job to a minority-owned business and 25 percent to a woman." (TV show, 4/15/94)

REALITY: There was competitive bidding: Myers beat four other contractors for the job. Affirmative action rules applied: At least 40 percent of the subcontracts went to minority or women-owned firms. Far from getting out of the way, dozens of state employees were on the job 24 hours a day. Furthermore, the federal government picked up the tab for the whole job (L.A. Times, 5/1/94).

LIMBAUGH: "Banks take the risks in issuing student loans and they are entitled to the profits." (Radio show, quoted in FRQ, Summer/93)

REALITY: Banks take no risks in issuing student loans, which are federally insured.

LIMBAUGH: "Don't let the liberals deceive you into believing that a decade of sustained growth without inflation in America resulted in a bigger gap between the haves and the have-nots. Figures compiled by the Congressional Budget Office dispel that myth." (Ought to Be, p. 70)

REALITY: CBO figures do nothing of the sort. Its numbers for after-tax incomes show that in 1980, the richest fifth of our country had eight times the income of the poorest fifth. By 1989, the ratio was more than 20 to one.

LIMBAUGH: Comparing the 1950s with the present: "And I might point out that poverty and economic disparities between the lower and upper classes were greater during the former period." (Told You So, p. 84)

REALITY: Income inequality, as measured by the U.S. Census Bureau, fell from the 1940s to the late 1960s, and then began rising. Inequality surpassed the 1950 level in 1982 and rose steadily to all-time highs in 1992. (Census Bureau's "Money Income of Households, Families and Persons in the United States")

LIMBAUGH: "Oh, how they relished blaming Reagan administration policies, including the mythical reductions in HUD's budget for public housing, for creating all of the homeless! Budget cuts? There were no budget cuts! The budget figures show that actual construction of public housing increased during the Reagan years." (Ought to Be, p. 242-243)

REALITY: In 1980, 20,900 low-income public housing units were under construction; in 1988, 9,700, a decline of 54 percent ;Statistical Abstracts of the U.S).In terms of 1993 dollars, the HUD budget for the construction of new public housing was slashed from $6.3 billion in 1980 to $683 million in 1988. "We're getting out of the housing business. Period," a Reagan HUD official declared in 1985.

LIMBAUGH: "The poorest people in America are better off than the mainstream families of Europe." (Radio show, quoted in FRQ, Spring/93)

REALITY: Huh? The average cash income of the poorest 20 percent of Americans is $5,226; the average cash income of four major European nations--Germany, France, United Kingdom and Italy--is $19,708.

LIMBAUGH: "There's no such thing as an implied contract." (Radio show, quoted in FRQ, Spring/93)

REALITY: Every first-year law student knows there is.

G.
[i]And because Bubba understands he's being shafted, even if he doesn't know why or how or by whom, he listens to Limbaugh.

LWW
01-21-2010, 06:44 AM
Yet another unlinked story from someone who decries unlinked stories.

LWW

llotter
01-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Are these inconsequential attacks on Limbaugh intended as a simple distraction from the extreme disaster that is The Moron's presidency?

LWW
01-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Quite obviously.

As spittle spewing crazy as the far left gets over losing Massachusetts ... I wonder what it's going to be like when they lose California and New York?

LWW

Deeman3
01-21-2010, 08:27 AM
I saw yesterday where a woman who distributes funds for Green jobs is pushing a certain window company to replace all windows in poor areas with "green" windows. The company they selected is where her hubby is VP of marketing! NOw, it seems the windows this company makes are not any "greener" than any other. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
01-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Let's not forget the Chrysler dealers owned by long term R donors were the ones closed ... especially so if they were in a market where their main competitor was a long time D donor.

The way the far left condones a blatant thugocracy is very similar to the way the SA blindly followed Hitler in the beginning.

If this isn't stopped and stopped soon, we are certainly heading for an American Reichstag fire and krystalnacht.

LWW

wolfdancer
01-21-2010, 04:57 PM
over on the Democratic Underground site, there is Rush's smiling arrest photo....and also some nice commentary re him.
I thought this writer summed up my thoughts on the rush windbag, quite nicely:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Face of Evil. My age, the SOB, and still the king of Worst Human Being Alive Today. You can have your Hannitys, O'Reillys, Coulters and Savages. This is the "man" who started it all, the single worst waste of a sperm cell since the 1880s in a small town in Austria. </div></div>

Gayle in MD
01-21-2010, 05:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">over on the Democratic Underground site, there is Rush's smiling arrest photo....and also some nice commentary re him.
I thought this writer summed up my thoughts on the rush windbag, quite nicely:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Face of Evil. My age, the SOB, and still the king of Worst Human Being Alive Today. You can have your Hannitys, O'Reillys, Coulters and Savages. This is the "man" who started it all, the single worst waste of a sperm cell since the 1880s in a small town in Austria. </div></div> </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">As we see right here, it is the Hallmark of the Republican right wing, slander, lies, attacks....sick people, estimates of twenty percent of the population are mentally ill....right about the same number who still claim to be Republicans.

</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
01-22-2010, 09:29 AM
What does this guy have against Savage?

eg8r