PDA

View Full Version : PAUL MON- long time forum poster has passed.

01-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Since Paul was one of the original posters here (along with a bunch of us), I'd thought I mention his passing.

Damn, I had a feeling something was up. When I saw Paul selling his pool memorabilia and knic knacks, I was thinking that he might have been getting divorced.

Paul was an active and easy going poster. I had a chance to meet him at the vf expo one year by missed him, unfortunately.

This is sad news about an easy going, likeable Guy. I'll miss ya, Paul.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/democratandchronicle/obituary.aspx?n=paul-j-mon&pid=138735949

Eric

eg8r
01-21-2010, 12:35 PM
This is horrible news. Paul was a great contributor to the board and a very likeable guy. He will be missed.

eg8r

pooltchr
01-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Paul was one of a kine. He will certainly be missed.

Steve

Rich R.
01-22-2010, 04:59 AM
Paul is one of the first names I remember when I first got involved with this forum. He was always one of the good guys. I had the priveledge of briefly meeting him one year at the SBE and he was just as nice in person.

RIP Paul.

LWW
01-22-2010, 05:33 AM
May he rest in peace.

LWW

Cornerman
01-22-2010, 04:19 PM
I've got a few stories about Paul. I've already written in the JimboArmy that Paul is actually the forum member I've known the longest. We've roomed together. I've had leftovers at his house. Hell, we even ate sushi together. Now that's tight!!!

For several years, we had an ongoing bet between his Bills and my Patriots. We started in the bad years, and then with the turn of the millenium, my Patriots suddenly became the most dominant team in football!!! That's how I got many of my pool gimcracks as well as useful pool things. The bet was always an item of our choice from Mueller's under $25.

I will miss you my friend.

Fred

Sid_Vicious
01-22-2010, 05:05 PM
I always feel sad when someone from here passes away. Paul was an icon for a long time, not really an icon in the sense that he posted a lot. His tenure here, his knowledge of pool, and the gracious way that Paul was in each of his posts, will be missed. Paul Mon belonged to a special club of just a handful here. I'll really miss "the knowing" that he won't ever pop in and post again. Martin

dr_dave
01-23-2010, 04:55 PM
I actually communicated with Paul several times the last few months. He told me about his cancer and insisted I not share the news with anyone. Meanwhile, he continued to post on the board like nothing was wrong. He certainly left an impression with me, and I'll think about and respect him for a long time to come.

Sincerely,
Dave

bradb
01-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Dave, what was Paul's forum name?

Brad

Alfie
01-25-2010, 04:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bradb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave, what was Paul's forum name? Brad </div></div> Paul_Mon

Fran Crimi
01-26-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I was grateful to have spent some fun time with Paul and Fred in Rochester one year at a WPBA event. Since then, whenever I'd run into Paul he always had nice things to say. He will be missed in our billiard community. I wish there were more people like him.

Fran

cueball1950
01-27-2010, 06:02 PM
very sad also to hear this sad news...........mike

Bambu
01-28-2010, 09:34 AM
I am always at a loss for the right thing to say at a time like this. Paul will not be forgotten.

Scott Lee
01-30-2010, 11:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since Paul was one of the original posters here (along with a bunch of us), I'd thought I mention his passing.

Damn, I had a feeling something was up. When I saw Paul selling his pool memorabilia and knic knacks, I was thinking that he might have been getting divorced.

Paul was an active and easy going poster. I had a chance to meet him at the vf expo one year by missed him, unfortunately.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/democratandchronicle/obituary.aspx?n=paul-j-mon&pid=138735949

Eric </div></div>

Eric...Wow, this is sad news. Paul and I have emailed and PM'd several times, including recently (within the last month or so). I saw a reference to this on AzB (a post mentioned RIP Paul Mon), which I caught but thought it must be some kind of mistake. Paul was a great guy, and I had no idea he was even ill. My condolences to the family!

Scott Lee

cuesmith
04-17-2010, 04:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since Paul was one of the original posters here (along with a bunch of us), I'd thought I mention his passing.

Eric </div></div>

I'm very sorry to hear this. I haven't been here in the CCB lately but I remember Paul from way back in the RSB days. He was a great guy. He was one of the first internet cue sales I ever made. We'd both been regular RSB posters 15 years back and he ordered a cue from me and as soon as he received the first cue, he ordered another for his then "significant other". He was always supportive of others and had something nice to say. Kind of like "Jim Meador" (RIP) who some of you old timers will remember. God Bless You Paul! Rest in Peace!

Deeman3
04-20-2010, 03:53 PM
Rest In Peace, my friend.