PDA

View Full Version : Italian American Fire Fighters

Gayle in MD
01-21-2010, 11:29 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The Italian-American Firefighters

One dark night in the small town of Garfield ,NJ, a fire started inside the local sausage factory. In a blink the building was engulfed in flames. The alarm went out to all the fire departments for miles around.

When the first volunteer fire fighters20appear on the scene, the sausage company president rushed to the fire chief and said, 'All of our secret sausage recipes are in the vault in the center of the plant. They have to be saved, so I will donate $50,000 to the fire company that brings them out and delivers them to me.'

But the roaring flames held the firefighters off. Soon more fire departments had to be called in because the situation became desperate. As the firemen arrived, the president shouted out that the offe r to extricate the secret recipes was now $100,000 to the fire department that could save them.

Suddenly from up the road, a lone siren was heard as another fire truck came into sight. It was the fire engine of the nearby Lodi , NJ volunteer fire department composed mainly of Italian firefighters over the age of 65.

To everyone's amazement, the little run-down fire engine, operated by these Italian firefighters, passed fire engines parked outside the plant, and drove straight into the middle of the inferno. Outside, the other firemen watched in amazement as the Italian old timers jumped off and began to fight the fire as if they were fighting to save their own lives. Within a short time, the Lodi old timers had extinguished the fire and saved the secret recipes.

The grateful sausage company president joyfully announced that for such a superhuman accomplishment he was raising the reward to $200,000, and walked over to personally thank each of the brave elderly Italian firefighters.

A TV news crew rushed in after capturing the event on film. The 'on camera' reporter asked the Italian20fire chief, 'What are you going to do with all that money?'

'Wella,' said Chief Pasquale De Luccinellavanti, the 70-year-old fire chief, 'de fursta tinga we gonnna do isza fixa de brakes on dat fockinna truck!!'

sack316
01-21-2010, 11:31 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
01-22-2010, 02:07 AM
*SNIFF-SNIFF*

Did I just smell a little racism?

LWW

eg8r
01-22-2010, 09:43 AM
LOL, hilarious. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

hondo
01-24-2010, 12:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">*SNIFF-SNIFF*

LWW </div></div>

Check it out, Johnny D.
Here's your indepth Christian, LWW.
Always trolling, always in attack mode, always trying
to trash a thread, always spreading hate.

Wake up, Johnny. Jesus likes smart people.

LWW
01-24-2010, 01:52 PM
What did I troll brother hondo?

You are always quick to cry prejudice at any hint of someone making fun of appalachians ... yet you have no issue with making fun of Italians? As long as it's a liberal doing it that is.

You have no issue with slurs against blacks either. As long as it's a liberal doing it that is.

And then you try to smear me for pointing out a joke belittling Italian Americans ... and you accuse me of trolling?

May you be blessed with enlightenment brother honde.

LWW

pooltchr
01-24-2010, 02:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">*SNIFF-SNIFF*

LWW </div></div>

Check it out, Johnny D.

Wake up, Johnny. Jesus likes smart people. </div></div>

Tell me something, Hondo. How did making the group of firefighters Italian add to the humor of the joke? Would it not have been the same joke without the reference to Italians?

Just wondering...

Steve

LWW
01-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Tell a joke about WV hillbillies and you'll see how sincere hondo's beliefs are.

Gayle has a history of making sexist remarks towards men and anti semitic remarks against Jews ... so defaming Italians didn't surprise me.

LWW

JohnnyD
01-24-2010, 08:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">*SNIFF-SNIFF*

LWW </div></div>

Check it out, Johnny D.

Wake up, Johnny. Jesus likes smart people. </div></div>Hondo you must read what you posted it is not Lww with hatred it was you ! Shame on you.

hondo
01-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Steve's back and riding the PC Express. YEE HAW!

Starting to get a little bored on AZ with
the wingnut lovefest?

hondo
01-24-2010, 09:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">*SNIFF-SNIFF*

LWW </div></div>

Check it out, Johnny D.

Wake up, Johnny. Jesus likes smart people. </div></div>Hondo you must read what you posted it is not Lww with hatred it was you ! Shame on you. </div></div>

I'm sorry to see that's the way you feel, Johnny.
It appears you have gone over to the Dark Side.

I will pray for you, brother, that you learn to
discern who the good guys are.

Jesus loves you. Don't fall for a false prophet, my friend.

pooltchr
01-24-2010, 10:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve's back and riding the PC Express. YEE HAW!

the wingnut lovefest? </div></div>

Why not just adddress my question?

Steve

hondo
01-25-2010, 06:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve's back and riding the PC Express. YEE HAW!

the wingnut lovefest? </div></div>

Why not just adddress my question?

Steve </div></div>

It was just a joke.
When I said you were riding the PC Express, I answered your question.

You and Dub making a big deal out of this is just another
childish attack on Gayle.

And for Dub's trashmouth about hillbilly jokes?
He has started hillbilly threads and I have added jokes.

I take offense with him when he calls the people
who vote for Byrd bigots.

Next question?

BTW, I answered your question;answer mine.

LWW
01-25-2010, 07:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I take offense with him when he calls the people
who vote for Byrd bigots.</div></div>

So ... the fact that someone who knowingly votes and rabidly supports to this day a man who was a paid recruiter for America's #1 domestic terrorist group, who recruited racists to lynch and burn and rape blacks and Jews for the sole crime of being black or Jewish, who held the title of Exalted Cyclops and Klan Kleagle is beyond any question that they might be a bigot?

Here's your sign.

LWW

LWW
01-25-2010, 07:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, I answered your question;answer mine. </div></div>

Actually ... you didn't. Here was the question:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell me something, Hondo. How did making the group of firefighters Italian add to the humor of the joke? Would it not have been the same joke without the reference to Italians?

Just wondering...

Steve </div></div>

What you did was react in a knee jerk defense of the Kleagle and deflection away from the question.

I can't speak for Steve, but I'd be willing to give you a second chance to answer.

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-25-2010, 07:58 AM

LWW </div></div>

Check it out, Johnny D.

Wake up, Johnny. Jesus likes smart people. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">LMAO! Hondo, dear friend, while I often wish no one would quote either of our forum clowns, this is one time I'm glad you did.

I AM ITALIAN, AND...I recieved this in an E-Mail, from my ITALIAN cousin, who lives in NY!

Amazing, how often these same two people write sexist statements and lies about women, the President's nationality, and slanderous insinuations about his place of birth, really nasty sexist slander about Nancy Pelosi, etc, but they draw the line when an Italian, (I am also English, Irish, and German) tries to bring a bit of humor to the forum, poking a bit of fun at my own ethnic group.

What a drab, obviously nasty couple of back biters, with nothing to do with their time, but jump on the CCB, and bash Gayle....

"Gotta give the little people something to bi*ch about" I guess....

G. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
01-25-2010, 08:57 AM
And you, who fends outrage when someone you don't like makes any comment that you can pull out of context and assign one of your hateful labels, don't see a double standard here. It doesn't matter if you are Italian, black, or a Martian, if you are going to call out others for this kind of thing when it suits you, you gotta expect someone is going to question you when you do the same thing.

As I tried to point out to hondo, the joke would have been just as funny without the reference to the heritage of the subjects of the joke.

If you are going to expect everyone else to conform to your PC standards, you need to do the same. If you want the right to post things like that, you give up the right to question anyone else for doing the same.

Steve

pooltchr
01-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Hondo,

The question was did adding the Italian reference make any difference in the joke?

It's simple. Yes or no?

Care to try again?

Steve

LWW
01-25-2010, 09:18 AM
I see Gayle is stalking right behind me in every thread again.

LWW

llotter
01-25-2010, 10:03 AM
I was aware of the Irish jokes and the Polish jokes but never similar jokes aimed at Italians but now, being familiar with Gayle's rants, it does make a lot of sense.

hondo
01-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Hey, Steve, did you hear about the Native American
maintenance engineer who was so dumb he thought
"innuendo" was a Asian-American suppository?

Hmmm. Is it just me or does the joke lose something
if you take out the Italians?

The neo-cons whine about PC unless it serves their purpose.
Wouldn't you agree, Steve?

hondo
01-25-2010, 11:49 AM
She just told you she's Italian, dumbass.

What a load you are! SHEESH!!!

LWW
01-25-2010, 12:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, Steve, did you hear about the Native American
maintenance engineer who was so dumb he thought
"innuendo" was a Asian-American suppository?

Hmmm. Is it just me or does the joke lose something
if you take out the Italians?

The neo-cons whine about PC unless it serves their purpose.
Wouldn't you agree, Steve? </div></div>

Yes, it loses being a slur towards Italians and becomes a slur against native Americans.

LWW

LWW
01-25-2010, 12:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She just told you she's Italian, dumbass.

What a load you are! SHEESH!!! </div></div>

Why do you feel the need to resort to name calling and obscenity brother hondo?

Why can't you set aside your petty prejudices and try to understand another's POV?

Bless you brother hondo ... let go of the hate and come to the light.

LWW

hondo
01-25-2010, 03:16 PM
For you, Larry, courtesy of Bobby Burns:

O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion.

I've quit reading your posts on both forums now,
but I always think of you when I read this poem.

If you could only see yourself, Laddie, as those of us
on BD see you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

llotter
01-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Too bad you stopped reading the best, most insightful posts on this forum. Frankly I don't know why LWW bothers responding to the thankless folks here but if he stops, I will definitely miss him.

hondo
01-25-2010, 03:59 PM
He won't stop. He's obsessive-compulsive and this is what he does.

It's his entire life.

LWW
01-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks ... meanwhile hondo is posting on AZB about how ppr widdle wiberal weftists are so picked on and have no way to expwess their bewiefs with all these big mean people around posting things that dearest leader doesn't appwove of.

Bless you brother hondo ... I know you didn't mean it and hang on every word.

LWW

JohnnyD
01-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Hondo i thought i could trust you as a friend.I am wondering now if you are a bigot and racist.I am troubled by your posting..Lord GOD help hondo see the way.

JohnnyD
01-25-2010, 06:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She just told you she's Italian, dumbass.

What a load you are! SHEESH!!! </div></div>Hondo,PLEASE, shame on you.

JohnnyD
01-25-2010, 06:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For you, Larry, courtesy of Bobby Burns:

O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion.

I've quit reading your posts on both forums now,
but I always think of you when I read this poem.

If you could only see yourself, Laddie, as those of us
on BD see you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>This is not right hondo.You told me you teach bible study how shameful are you going to go?

JohnnyD
01-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Remember Jesus is always there for you.Jesus loves you.

JohnnyD
01-25-2010, 06:42 PM
My friend wolfdancer would not like this racist comment.

LWW
01-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Sadly JohnnyD, you are seeing the hardened heart that hondo tries to keep hidden.

I strive mightily to help him get beyond the hurt and past the demons which plague him and to help him step into the light ... and more often than not I am treted to the vulgarity and insults which you have witnessed.

However, I forgive you brother hondo and I'm here to help you ... even if you are too tight wadded to tip your barber. We should all have compassion for the blue collar working folks which keep this country strong, don't you think so brother hondo?

LWW

JohnnyD
01-25-2010, 07:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sadly JohnnyD, you are seeing the hardened heart that hondo tries to keep hidden.

I strive mightily to help him get beyond the hurt and past the demons which plague him and to help him step into the light ... and more often than not I am treted to the vulgarity and insults which you have witnessed.

However, I forgive you brother hondo and I'm here to help you ... even if you are too tight wadded to tip your barber. We should all have compassion for the blue collar working folks which keep this country strong, don't you think so brother hondo?

LWW </div></div> I thought hondo walked in the path of the lord.Why would he not tip his barber? I have gone back and read alot of old posts from all of you and i am confused about why hondo acts like this at times.He seems to be a really good person then i read things like you posted about him not tipping his barber.Please brother hondo clear this up as i really want to be your friend.All of this talk of neo-cons and your heartless racist rants are scaring me.Please set the record straight if not for JohnnyD,the Lord or other board members do it for yourself.Cleanse yourself and come clean please.Jesus loves you.

JohnnyD
01-25-2010, 08:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sadly JohnnyD, you are seeing the hardened heart that hondo tries to keep hidden.

LWW </div></div>Now this truely is a friend.I hope and pray hondo sees the good in you doing this for him.This is really nice of you brother lww.Perhaps hondo is plagued by the devil as we all are at times.Jesus save hondo from satan AMEN.

LWW
01-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Thank you JohnnyD.

Hondo for some reason feels the need to always be a victim, never facing the true causes of his pain and suffering.

That is why he follows the Marxist false prophets so willingly, they offer him a path to redemption by blaming anything and everything and everyone.

The sad truth is that they have led him into spiritual bondage. We are all accountable, in the end, for our own actions.

Blaming you or I or Bush of Beck or Limbaugh for our travails is merely denial. On AZB, at this time, brother hondo has yet another thread going about how I oppress him and how he has never had a chance to voice his opinions.

It hurts me to see a good man so misled by the evil that reigns in this world.

LWW