PDA

View Full Version : Fair and unbalanced.

Qtec
01-24-2010, 07:33 AM
The GOP have their own network. Fox News is now officially part of the Republican propaganda machine. What more proof is needed?
link (http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/fox-news-did-full-court-press-scott-b)
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John Amato wrote earlier this week about the extensive plugs Fox News gave to Scott Brown's candidacy, and now Media Matters lists the many, many ways they worked for his campaign. Go read the rest:

Fox News didn't simply cheer from the sidelines of this contest. Indeed, the network actively aided Brown's campaign. Fox News repeatedly hosted Brown in the days leading up to the election, and during each appearance, Brown directed viewers to his website to find out "how to help with donating and volunteering." Fox News political analyst Dick Morris took it upon himself to urge viewers to "go to DickMorris.com ... to help elect Brown," because if "we win this fight, then there will never be another victory for Obama." When asked at a rally about "ethical questions" raised by Fox News' advocacy for Brown, chief political correspondent Carl Cameron fled, saying he didn't have time to answer. But he did have the time to autograph "Brown for Senate" campaign materials and pose for pictures with Brown's volunteers, as Think Progress documented.

Fox News also did Brown the favor of repeatedly misrepresenting remarks Coakley made to portray her as incompetent. America's News HQ anchor Gregg Jarrett stated on January 17, "Martha Coakley is out of step when she says things like terrorists are no longer in Afghanistan, or in the debate saying, quote, 'We need to get taxes up.' " Interpreting Coakley's remarks in this way requires a willing suspension of basic verbal reasoning skills; and that was Fox's "straight news" programming. On Fox & Friends, Steve Doocy actually claimed that Coakley "suggested the Taliban [are] gone from Afghanistan," and Michael Scheuer declared that Coakley "doesn't seem to mind" that "we are losing there." For his part, Glenn Beck accused Coakley of "religious bigotry" for saying that those who would "deny emergency contraception to a woman who came in who had been raped" probably "shouldn't work in the emergency room."

In case boosting Brown while attacking Coakley wasn't a sufficient strategy, Fox News baselessly fomented fears that Democrats would "cheat" to steal the election. Warning Fox News viewers not to become complacent before Election Day, Beck stated, "[Y]ou can imagine how ugly this thing will get if -- oh God help us all -- if it's too close to call." Beck displayed the ACORN logo and added, "[T]hey have friends in low places." Invoking the Florida recount, Beck asserted that Democrats "were so incompetent they didn't even know how to cheat. But don't worry -- they've gotten good at it now." </div></div>

If the big Corps are allowed to spend zillions on political campaigns and a Political party is allowed to have its own TV channel to spread its lies..........its goodbye Democracy.
Where are the TeaParty crowd now? Where is the outrage?

Q

pooltchr
01-24-2010, 08:30 AM
It might be an issue if NBC, ABC, CNN, and others hadn't already didicated all their efforts in support of Obama and his agenda.
It's pretty difficult to understand how you can be upset about one network supporting a candidate when you don't get upset about a handful of them supporting your candidate.

Steve

sack316
01-24-2010, 08:32 AM
MSNBC

Sack

LWW
01-24-2010, 10:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It might be an issue if NBC, ABC, CNN, and others hadn't already didicated all their efforts in support of Obama and his agenda.
It's pretty difficult to understand how you can be upset about one network supporting a candidate when you don't get upset about a handful of them supporting your candidate.

Steve </div></div>

You must remember that to the far left the idea of "FAIR" means that only their voice is heard.

LWW

eg8r
01-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Where was the outrage when the Clinton News Network was on top supporting and campaigning for Clinton?

eg8r

Qtec
01-24-2010, 10:28 PM
OMG....Clinton again!!!!!

Q

Qtec
01-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Do you have ANYTHING at all to support your ridiculous claim that
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NBC, ABC, CNN, and others hadn't already dedicated all their efforts in support of Obama and his agenda. </div></div> ?

Show me one instance when these networks TOLD their viewers who to vote for.

Q

pooltchr
01-24-2010, 10:46 PM
You mean something like The people in Massachusetts should go out an vote 10 times against Brown?

That kind of telling people how to vote???????

Steve

sack316
01-24-2010, 10:56 PM
or in the aftermath declaring the use of a pickup truck, and the voting results, obviously elude to racism (in a state that overwhelmingly voted in Obama).

And then calling voters stupid.

And calling Brown ""an irresponsible, reactionary, homophobic, racist teabagger" on air surely wasn't meant to sway any thoughts.

Of course, then again the title of the thread is quite accurate, considering the original source is mediamatters.

Sack

Qtec
01-24-2010, 11:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You mean something like <u>The people in Massachusetts should go out an vote 10 times against Brown? </u>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>That kind of telling people how to vote???????</span>

Steve </div></div>

Would be if that what was said.

<u>What was actually said was</u>, <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">on Friday, MSNBC's <u>Ed Schultz </u>said on his radio program that <span style='font-size: 20pt'>he</span> would try to vote ten times <span style='font-size: 20pt'>if he</span> lived in Massachusetts.

"Yeah, that's right, I'd cheat to keep these bastards out," he told his audience.

'''Cause that's exactly what they are"

ED SCHULTZ, HOST: I tell you what, if<span style='font-size: 20pt'> I</span> lived in Massachusetts, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>I'd </span>try to vote ten times. I don't know if they'd let me or not, but I'd try to. Yeah, that's right, I'd cheat to keep these bastards out. I would. 'Cause that's exactly what they are.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppa...t#ixzz0dbBnYNuE (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/01/16/ed-schultz-if-i-lived-massachusetts-i-d-vote-10-times-id-cheat-keep-t#ixzz0dbBnYNuE)
</div></div>

Your claim is totally wrong and inaccurate.

Any more?

Q

sack316
01-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Your debunking of it is because he said "I would" and not "you should" or something like that? Not a very strong defense there, Q, sorry.

BTW, from the rest of your link there:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting that this occurred the same day MSNBC's Chris Matthews said he was concerned there weren't any left-leaning votes for Democrats to buy in Massachusetts Tuesday.

The good folks at General Electric and NBC must be thrilled to know that two of their on-air personalities are so biased in their political views that they publicly advocate cheating for their Party to be victorious.

Who says there's liberal bias in the media?

Read more: "]http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppa...#ixzz0dd6uFxXp] ( [url="http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/01/16/ed-schultz-if-i-lived-massachusetts-i-d-vote-10-times-id-cheat-keep-t#ixzz0dd6uFxXp) http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/01/16/ed-schultz-if-i-lived-massachusetts-i-d-vote-10-times-id-cheat-keep-t#ixzz0dd6uFxXp[/url]
</div></div>

Just to clarify, your own link, to defend and debunk a claim of liberal bias in the media is prevalent as well, is to an article about... liberal bias in the media.

the audio clip of Shultz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8nZGJy3WI)

Sack

LWW
01-25-2010, 07:53 AM
And again, the far left's definition of "FAIR" is that they are allowed to cheat while the rest of the world is held to a higher standard.

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-25-2010, 08:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MSNBC

Sack

</div></div>

Sack,
You must not listen to Joe Scarborough in the mornings. He is everybit as much of a Republican propagandist, in the bag non stop for every Republican, as Faux Noise.

Not only that, but his so called "Lefty" swongs as far right as he does. They practically worship Sara Palin on there, right down to changing her quoted misstatements, non stop, to water down her gross ignorance.

Every morning, there is a long list of righties, bashing President Obama, and his entire administration, non stop, from 6 am to 9 am....

MSNBC, swings so far right it isn't funny. When they hired David Gregory to replace Russart, they really proved where their loyalties lay.

Peggy Noonan is practically a 24 hour fixture, as well as Brookes, Buchannon, Ron, whatshisface, former Republican stragegist, they're all righties.

They have three, out of thirty or so, who are lefties, Maddow, Ed, and keith, token lefties... ]

C-Span as well, leans far right in their programing. Steve Scully is as far right as they come. Tune in sometime, with a stop watch on their Washington Journal, you'll se what I mean.

Check out their programming, Republicans always on during the prime times.

I don't know of a single news station, that leans left, not one.

"There are no liberal journalists in Washington D.C." Helen Thomas.

Believe me, if anyone knows, Helen does.

G.

G.

Gayle in MD
01-25-2010, 08:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The GOP have their own network. Fox News is now officially part of the Republican propaganda machine. What more proof is needed?
link (http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/fox-news-did-full-court-press-scott-b)
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John Amato wrote earlier this week about the extensive plugs Fox News gave to Scott Brown's candidacy, and now Media Matters lists the many, many ways they worked for his campaign. Go read the rest:

Fox News didn't simply cheer from the sidelines of this contest. Indeed, the network actively aided Brown's campaign. Fox News repeatedly hosted Brown in the days leading up to the election, and during each appearance, Brown directed viewers to his website to find out "how to help with donating and volunteering." Fox News political analyst Dick Morris took it upon himself to urge viewers to "go to DickMorris.com ... to help elect Brown," because if "we win this fight, then there will never be another victory for Obama." When asked at a rally about "ethical questions" raised by Fox News' advocacy for Brown, chief political correspondent Carl Cameron fled, saying he didn't have time to answer. But he did have the time to autograph "Brown for Senate" campaign materials and pose for pictures with Brown's volunteers, as Think Progress documented.

Fox News also did Brown the favor of repeatedly misrepresenting remarks Coakley made to portray her as incompetent. America's News HQ anchor Gregg Jarrett stated on January 17, "Martha Coakley is out of step when she says things like terrorists are no longer in Afghanistan, or in the debate saying, quote, 'We need to get taxes up.' " Interpreting Coakley's remarks in this way requires a willing suspension of basic verbal reasoning skills; and that was Fox's "straight news" programming. On Fox & Friends, Steve Doocy actually claimed that Coakley "suggested the Taliban [are] gone from Afghanistan," and Michael Scheuer declared that Coakley "doesn't seem to mind" that "we are losing there." For his part, Glenn Beck accused Coakley of "religious bigotry" for saying that those who would "deny emergency contraception to a woman who came in who had been raped" probably "shouldn't work in the emergency room."

In case boosting Brown while attacking Coakley wasn't a sufficient strategy, Fox News baselessly fomented fears that Democrats would "cheat" to steal the election. Warning Fox News viewers not to become complacent before Election Day, Beck stated, "[Y]ou can imagine how ugly this thing will get if -- oh God help us all -- if it's too close to call." Beck displayed the ACORN logo and added, "[T]hey have friends in low places." Invoking the Florida recount, Beck asserted that Democrats "were so incompetent they didn't even know how to cheat. But don't worry -- they've gotten good at it now." </div></div>

If the big Corps are allowed to spend zillions on political campaigns and a Political party is allowed to have its own TV channel to spread its lies..........its goodbye Democracy.
Where are the TeaParty crowd now? Where is the outrage?

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">As long as the slant goes their way, they have no outrage.

Fox is known for their Rw Republican friendly broadcasting, and for bashing Democratics. It's a fact. Beyond debate of any kind. Only a fool would try to deny it.

G.</span>

Gayle in MD
01-25-2010, 08:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your debunking of it is because he said "I would" and not "you should" or something like that? Not a very strong defense there, Q, sorry.

BTW, from the rest of your link there:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting that this occurred the same day MSNBC's Chris Matthews said he was concerned there weren't any left-leaning votes for Democrats to buy in Massachusetts Tuesday.

The good folks at General Electric and NBC must be thrilled to know that two of their on-air personalities are so biased in their political views that they publicly advocate cheating for their Party to be victorious.

Who says there's liberal bias in the media?

Read more: "]http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppa...#ixzz0dd6uFxXp] ( [url="http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/01/16/ed-schultz-if-i-lived-massachusetts-i-d-vote-10-times-id-cheat-keep-t#ixzz0dd6uFxXp) http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/01/16/ed-schultz-if-i-lived-massachusetts-i-d-vote-10-times-id-cheat-keep-t#ixzz0dd6uFxXp[/url]
</div></div>

Just to clarify, your own link, to defend and debunk a claim of liberal bias in the media is prevalent as well, is to an article about... liberal bias in the media.

the audio clip of Shultz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8nZGJy3WI)

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Sack,
Chris Mathews either through his own stupidity, or through his own appetite for ratings, has more negative statements aimed at Obama and this administration, than most anyone I can think of.

His program repeats any bad news for democratics, or for the party, over and over again. His program always has atleast three righies, every night.

I keep telling you guys, MSNBC is as far right as Fox. They just put a little effort into hiding that fact, by having three token lefties on in the evenings....and believe me, if you watched Mattews on occasion, he does more harm to the left, than good for them....

G. </span>

sack316
01-25-2010, 08:50 AM
We'll just have to differ on our opinions. I'll definitely agree that Joe swings to the right, I can grant you that one easily. I watch morning Joe pretty regularly... the guest list is relatively balanced. I see Arianna Huffington on there regularly, Zbigniew Brzezinski. Joe tends to argue/agree in equal amounts, so I'd say the guest list is usually balanced. Mika is also a good balance, when she's not being interrupted /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I'm not sure what side many of Matthews guests lean towards, as he talks over them most of the time. But will agree that he is damaging to the left, as a leftist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I keep telling you guys, MSNBC is as far right as Fox. They just put a little effort into hiding that fact, by having three token lefties on in the evenings</div></div>

The majority of the ads all day for their programming consists of these "tokens" as the faces of the network. Not to mention, prime time is not generally where the placement of "tokens" would be. More likely those would be placed, oh I dunno, 'way too early'.

I'll respect your opinion here, of course, but meanwhile everyone else that watches any cable news programming knows what MSNBC is.

I must admit, I was surprised at your comment on C-Span. I don't watch it, so I can't give an opinion... but I always thought that's what you considered the best source on television?

Sack

LWW
01-25-2010, 09:18 AM
I see Gayle is stalking right behind me in every thread again.

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-25-2010, 09:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We'll just have to differ on our opinions. I'll definitely agree that Joe swings to the right, I can grant you that one easily. I watch morning Joe pretty regularly... the guest list is relatively balanced. I see Arianna Huffington on there regularly, Zbigniew Brzezinski. Joe tends to argue/agree in equal amounts, so I'd say the guest list is usually balanced. Mika is also a good balance, when she's not being interrupted /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I'm not sure what side many of Matthews guests lean towards, as he talks over them most of the time. But will agree that he is damaging to the left, as a leftist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I keep telling you guys, MSNBC is as far right as Fox. They just put a little effort into hiding that fact, by having three token lefties on in the evenings</div></div>

The majority of the ads all day for their programming consists of these "tokens" as the faces of the network. Not to mention, prime time is not generally where the placement of "tokens" would be. More likely those would be placed, oh I dunno, 'way too early'.

I'll respect your opinion here, of course, but meanwhile everyone else that watches any cable news programming knows what MSNBC is.

I must admit, I was surprised at your comment on C-Span. I don't watch it, so I can't give an opinion... but I always thought that's what you considered the best source on television?

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Believe me, Sack, Morning Joe has far more righties, far more often, than anyone from the left.

Also, David Gregory, as far right as they come, now the face on Meet The Press???? How can anyone deny he is a rightie. Believe me, he is.

Joe is a non stop basher of President Obama, and of the Democratics, as is Mika, who often reveals that her politics is opposite from her father's, a Democratic.

I have actually seen them edit out things to protect Republicans from their own bad choices, comments, made on the air, then edited off on their web site.

C-span, is valuable as far as their live coverage, and their interviews, and Book TV, but no one who watched as often as I do, could miss their favortism of RW politics, and call-in discussions, on the Washington Journal. check it out sometime, with a stop watch, and you'll see what I mean. As soon as the caller sounds anti Republican, they are reaching for the delete.

Three Hours of Michelle Maulkin!!!! On Sunday???

LMAO!

Who was the White House Press Room's Director the year Helen Thomas was moved from her front row seat during the Bush Administration????

Steve Sculley, Sr. Executive Producer and Political Editor of C-span, who gave his most personal interview, to...The Washington Times!</span>

Qtec
01-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Pundits get paid to express their own opinions,Left or Right, on all networks. No problem with that. When it gets dangerous is when a WHOLE network attacks one political party, the Democrats, 24/7 with little respect to the facts. They have been shown lying or misrepresenting the facts numerous times purely in order to boost one party and slander the other.
Which other channel actively promoted a political movement, paid for by the big Corps, to bring down the POTUS and prevent HC reform?
link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/08/fox-crosses-the-line-with_n_184805.html)
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox News is throwing some serious promotional resources behind its coverage of the conservative-driven, anti-tax "Tea Party" movement. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>The network is encouraging viewers to participate in protests, which it plans to cover live from at least four locations across the country.</span> Now Media Matters says, the network has gone one teabag too far.
</div></div>

fair and balanced?????????? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jfffjkTieo)

The people who Fox panders to. link (http://vodpod.com/watch/2412905-tea-party-express-ii-rise-of-the-tea-bags-part-1-of-2)

part 2..too sweet LOL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFtvw4pFsTM&feature=related)
Q

sack316
01-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Also, David Gregory, as far right as they come, now the face on Meet The Press???? How can anyone deny he is a rightie. Believe me, he is.
</div></div>

And that is enough for me to know we will not agree on this one. Though, again, I'll respect your opinion. I just disagree.

Sack

sack316
01-25-2010, 10:03 AM
OK, so Fox will pander to a tea party movement, as you say.

And MSNBC in equal parts shoots it down.

Again, isn't this the balance and back and forth I argued in the first place here? That one does one thing, the other does another?

Sack

Gayle in MD
01-25-2010, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

And that is enough for me to know we will not agree on this one. Though, again, I'll respect your opinion. I just disagree.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">[color:#000066]You might change you mind about that if you can find the C-span panel discussion regarding the many journalists/reporters who failed to ask questions of George Bush's Rush To War In Iraq.

He was one of the panel, and his responses to Hlen Thomas's assertions that the press became nothing but yes men during the run up to that war, were not even met with common politeness from Gregory, who was down right rude, particularly noticeable, given helen's age, and stature, as the First Lady Of The White House Press Room.

If ever I had any doubts of his leanings, they were gone after I watched him as a member of that panel.

I'll send you a pm about this discussion, Sack....or an E-mail.

G.</span>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

sack316
01-25-2010, 10:13 AM
will give it a read. PM or email is fine, but should be heading out relatively soon. Have a procedure in the morning and gotta do all the fun prep today /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

But on the topic, I seem to recall Gregory's interaction with the Bush press secretaries being used as fodder for examples of liberal bias. I could be mistaken, and of course could be swayed regardless pending what you are talking about.

Sack

Gayle in MD
01-25-2010, 10:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, so Fox will pander to a tea party movement, as you say.

And MSNBC in equal parts shoots it down.

Again, isn't this the balance and back and forth I argued in the first place here? That one does one thing, the other does another?

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">MSNBC shots it down??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Sack, during the campaign, they were practically The Sara Palin/John McCain Fan Club!

Do you really think Bush would have given an hour plus long interview to Brian Williams, if he thought NBC was left leaning?

C'mon...</span>

Qtec
01-25-2010, 10:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, so Fox will pander to a tea party movement, as you say.

And MSNBC in equal parts shoots it down. </div></div>

They didn't just pander, they PROMOTED it! Fox News should be reporting the facts, not ignoring them in order to promote the agenda of one political party.

The Tea Party activists know $hit. They have all their facts wrong because the get their facts from Fox.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As to the number of misconceptions held by their audiences, Fox far outscored all of its rivals. A whopping 45 percent of its viewers believed all three misperceptions, while the other commercial networks scored between 12 percent and 16 percent. Only nine percent of readers believed all three, while only four percent of the NPR/PBS audience did.

PIPA found that political affiliation and news source also compound one another. Thus, 78 percent of Bush supporters who watch Fox News said they thought the United States had found evidence of a direct link to al-Qaeda, while 50 percent of Bush supporters who rely on NPR/PBS thought so.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Conversely, 48 percent of Fox viewers who said they would support a Democrat believed that such evidence had been found. But none of the Democrat-backers who relied on NPR/PBS believed it.</span> </div></div> link (http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/EJ04Ak01.html)

Q

sack316
01-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Wait... MSNBC... MSNBC... was the McCain/Palin fan club during the campaign? I don't even know how to respond to that without sounding of a different tone than I intend. So for now, I will refrain.

As to the other comment, Obama sat down with Bill O. Same standards apply?

Sack

sack316
01-25-2010, 10:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The Tea Party activists know $hit. They have all their facts wrong because the get their facts from Fox.
</div></div>

nice link. Think it predates those tea party activists, though.

And you seem to misunderstand, I'm not arguing with you on the merits of Fox. I'm making no claim that they are not right leaning. So no need for you to keep posting any such things. My contention is that another outlet, such as MSNBC, is equally as biased.

Sack

Gayle in MD
01-25-2010, 10:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

nice link. Think it predates those tea party activists, though.

And you seem to misunderstand, I'm not arguing with you on the merits of Fox. I'm making no claim that they are not right leaning. So no need for you to keep posting any such things. My contention is that another outlet, such as MSNBC, is equally as biased.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Then we agree. That's what I've been saying all along! </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<span style="color: #000066">Palin's biggest defenders were Mika, Joe, and their usual side kicks, Buchannon, Willy, even their White House Correspondant is a rightie...Chuck Todd.

The two who are supposed to be from the left??? Harold and Barnicle Bill!!! LMAO! Two of the most anti leftist around.

Person for person, NBC, and MSNBC have far more rightwing commentators, and lets fact it, their bigest show of the week, is Meet The Press, with Dick Gregory! He's as far right as they come. As is Brian Williams.</span>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
01-25-2010, 12:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, so Fox will pander to a tea party movement, as you say.

And MSNBC in equal parts shoots it down. </div></div>

They didn't just pander, they PROMOTED it!

Q </div></div>

Evidenced by?

What's that?

Nothing?

Someone told you to believe that?

I'm not surprised.

And, FWIW, I was a promoter of our local tea party.

Fox had NOTHING to do with it other than the local FOX affiliate was the ONLY radio station that would sell us air time to promote it. Yes, the local radio and TV and print all turned down advertising revenue ... after their sales department had quoted pricing ... because the message was not one that their editorial staff approved of,

Q ... you have no clue what you are talking about on this.

What's that?

You don't care about knowing the truth?

I'm still not surprised.

LWW

eg8r
01-25-2010, 01:26 PM
If you don't want to hear it then don't act like a freaking hypocrite and complain about something your guys perfected.

eg8r

Qtec
01-25-2010, 11:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm making no claim that they are not right leaning. </div></div>

LOL. Sack, be honest, that has got to be the understatement of the year!

what about the Moody memos? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w39FnpuMRfo)

Q watch (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737097743434902428#)

LWW
01-26-2010, 02:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm making no claim that they are not right leaning. </div></div>

LOL. Sack, be honest, that has got to be the understatement of the year!

what about the Moody memos? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w39FnpuMRfo)

Q watch (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737097743434902428#) </div></div>

Here's your disconnect ... you believe that everyone who agrees with you is fair and balanced and as pure as the driven snow in their motivations, while at the same time believing that everyone who disagrees with is deceitful and evil.

That is a totally irrational belief system IMHO.

LWW

pooltchr
01-26-2010, 02:53 PM
It's the same thing I teach my students. Read everything on the subject you can find. Listen to everything I teach you.
Believe none of it unless you can verify it on your own.

If you can't verify it, it may well not be accurate.

Just because someone wrote something, doesn't make it true.
Just because someone said something, doesn't make it true.

Don't listen to politicians. Watch what they actually do.

I suppose that some cynicism comes with age, but it serves me well.

Steve

Qtec
01-27-2010, 03:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Watch what they actually do.</div></div>

Facts.
Fox News went all out attack on Clinton when he was POTUS.
When Bush won, they kissed his a$$ bigtime, he could do no wrong.
When Obama became POTUS [ actually it started when it looked like he had a chance of winning] it was all out attack again.

Q

LWW
01-27-2010, 05:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Watch what they actually do.</div></div>

Facts.
When Obama became POTUS [ actually it started when it looked like he had a chance of winning] it was all out attack again.

Q </div></div>

Watch what they actually do.[/quote]

Facts.
CNN, HNN, INN, CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, NYT, LAT, NEWSWEEK, USB&WR, TIME went all out kiss a$$ on Clinton when he was POTUS.
When Bush won, they attacked big time bigtime, he could do no right.
When Obama became POTUS [ actually it started when it looked like he had a chance of winning] it was all out kiss a$$ again.

And Q meanwhile stumbles through the forest wondering where all those trees came from.

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-27-2010, 06:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Watch what they actually do.</div></div>

Facts.

Q </div></div>

Can't reason with the very types who made a big damn deal about Obama's birth certificate in posts right here...a major Lie, from the Teabagger's fantasy section, radical RW BS... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

All the zealous hype posted on here, over two Republicans winning in liberal territory, against candidates who ran poor campaigns, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

and some on here, through their usual tortured reasoning, try to suggest that Obama is in trouble, when his polls are twice as high as Reagans, at the same juncture, and during a far less threatening recession.. Bush's were twice as low as Obama's are now, for most of his last term.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Wishful thinking, and gross denial...

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

During Bush's term, Helen Thomas called the press "Lap Dogs Of Democracy." She even wrote a book about the subject, "Watch Dogs Of Democracy" giving examples of how the press failed their duties during the Bush Administraion. She was the ONLY journalist/Reporter to ask Bush, "Why DID you go to war with Iraq?" after all the documented reports came out about how they cherry picked, and twisted intelligence, lying to link Saddam to 9/11, using fear mongering to promote their hidden OIL agenda.

First thing NBC did at the end of the eight year Bush nightmare, was hire his daughter, Jenna, to be their reporter on Education. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

This morning, huge story hits the airwaves last night, about that little twerp who EDITED his hidden camera, BS attack against ACORN, posing as a pimp. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Last night the story breaks that he, with a group of thugs, invaded the Federal Office of Lousiana Senator Landrieu, posing as some sort of telephone employees, to tap her phones, and were caught with a listening device outside in the car.</span><span style='font-size: 14pt'>
LMAO! Thirty one Republicans wanted to pass a resolution of praise for this Republican thug! The Washington Times, after the ACORN NON STORY, had a story calling him a ground breaker in modern reporting! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Faux Noise, highlighted him as a hero! <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Not One Word about any of this this morning, so far, on Morning Joe! </span></span>

AND, one of his fellow thugs, is the son of the very Attorney General, who is the acting AG, in LA, same one who is still in place because Vitter has blocked the new appointment and nominee since last JUNE, for that position&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;hmmmmm????? Sound like another Watergat??? BUT not a mention on MSNBC???? This story only rates one line mention in the crawl across the bottom of the screen????

Can't wait to hear the watered down report on the NBC Evening news.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

While Faux Noise is strictly propaganda, and they spread so many lies, so much slander, and dangerous rhetoric and hate speak, calling innocent Doctors who follow the law, Killers, (thinking people wouldn't even turn on that station) the Bubba types love all of that drama and nasty hype, yet it goes un-noticed how far right the rest of the media leans... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The danger is that FAUX NOISE watchers, are also people from fly over states, without a clue of how much BS they are hearing. It damages the country, because nothing is accurate, and they're too stupid to know it. It damages the country because of the vast ignorance of the American Public, and the media moguls who only care about getting the audience numbers that Faux Noise can get with their sleeze, and end up jumping on board taking part in the same kind of sleezy excuse for the news.

An American tragedy.

G.</span>
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
01-27-2010, 07:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait... MSNBC... MSNBC... was the McCain/Palin fan club during the campaign? I don't even know how to respond to that without sounding of a different tone than I intend. So for now, I will refrain.

As to the other comment, Obama sat down with Bill O. Same standards apply?

Sack </div></div>

How can you compare Obama agreeing to show up for a Fox interview, with Bush giving Williams an hour long personal interview given that Bush never answered any questions that were not filtered through his frontline protectors????

Two totally different circumstances...Obama, going right up against his greatest attackers, and Bush, agreeing to a friendly interview, with someone he knew was in his camp!!!

No comparison!

Deeman3
01-27-2010, 08:17 AM
I do see a swing to the right even at MSNBC but that is because of rats leaving a sinking ship as people desert Obama and the ultra far left ideas that have failed. Only Maddow and Oberman sobbing uncontrollably after the Mass. race is left of the very far left lean.

It is, of course, about time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I didn't expect any of their several hundred viewers each night to notice. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
01-27-2010, 08:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do see a swing to the right even at MSNBC but that is because of rats leaving a sinking ship as people desert Obama and the ultra far left ideas that have failed. Only Maddow and Oberman sobbing uncontrollably after the Mass. race is left of the very far left lean.

It is, of course, about time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I didn't expect any of their several hundred viewers each night to notice. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">Oh, and BTW, Iraq is still in the throes of their civil war, and apparently, it hasn't distracted terrorists from attacking all around the world, and continueing to plan their attacks.

Guess the surge didn't really work after all? Guess the trickle down theory, didn't work either? Guess the "Free, unregulater Market, didn't work out very weel?

Keep reaching Deeman. We were hemmoraging over 6 to 700,000 jobs a month during Bush's last months. While bush and McCain were touting the great economy, the TARP plan had been in print for over six months.

Obama saved us from the Bush Depression, and is still trying to dig us out of Bush's two failed wars.

Twist it all you like, the majority of the public still know how we got into this mess, and it was clearly REPUBLICAN POLICIES, Pre-emptive war where there was no threat, fighting wars, two of them, and cutting taxes and borrowing to pay for all of it, Republican Free Market solves all philosophy, aka the unregulated market, just what caused this mess, deficit spending for eight years, and cowboy diplomacy, that turned the world against us worse than ever before...

Still, you haven't awakened from you pleasant fog.

The President still gets higher ratings than Reagan during the early eighties recession, and far higher than Bush's last months, and polls show they still know who caused this disastrous economy. Bush and the Republicans....while now, most economic indicators show improvment...jobs are always last.

G.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

LWW
01-27-2010, 08:54 AM
What's funny is that the far left was tripping over each other to see who could congratulate dearest leader first for leading the congress to pass the bailout legislation ... and to blame the EEEVILLL republicans for daring to vote against dearest leader's will.

In their defense I must say that they did this because dearest leader told them that the bailout was a sure thing and that this is what they were to believe.

Now that it has failed miserably, dearest leader has informed them to believe that he had nothing to do with it and the EEEVILLL republicans are to blame for this monstrosity.

The scary thing is that in Orwell's "1984" the party had to actually go back and destroy the records, and insert new "HISTORY", in order to fool the people. The O-cult doesn't even require that.

The last steps to desperation are probably right around the corner for dearest leader.

I predict those will be when:

1 - The O-cult begins blaiming Bush and/or the republicans for the stimulus plan.

2 - The O-cult and/or MSM begin calling him "BARRY" to make him appear to be a man of the people.

LWW

eg8r
01-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I agree it is about time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Bobbyrx
01-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Speaking of a sinking ship....looks like this one has sunk....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Air America Radio. It is with the greatest regret, on behalf of our Board, that we must announce that Air America Media is ceasing its live programming operations as of this afternoon, and that the Company will file soon under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code to carry out an orderly winding-down of the business. January 21, 2010
</div></div>
Airamerica.com (http://airamerica.com/)

Qtec
01-27-2010, 09:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and the ultra far left ideas that have failed. </div></div>

?

What 'ultra far left ideas' would that be?

Q

Qtec
01-27-2010, 09:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's funny is that the far left was tripping over each other to see who could congratulate dearest leader first for leading the congress to pass the bailout legislation </div></div>

Rubbish. Many progressives were appalled about Obama bailing out Bush's mess. The fact is that the Bush Admin said there was 'no choice'. Bail out the banks or watch the economy go down the toilet. Not exactly what you want to hear just BEFORE you take office and become POTUS.

Q

Qtec
01-27-2010, 10:13 AM
What's funny is that NOT ONE PERSON mentioned this.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This morning, huge story hits the airwaves last night, about <u>that little twerp who EDITED his hidden camera, BS attack against ACORN, posing as a pimp. Last night the story breaks that he, with a group of thugs, invaded the Federal Office of Lousiana Senator Landrieu, posing as some sort of telephone employees, to tap her phones, and were caught with a listening device outside in the car.</u>
</div></div>

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/26/james-okeefe-arrested-in-_n_437506.html)

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/136162/thumbs/s-JAMES-OKEEFE-large.jpg

Q

Gayle in MD
01-27-2010, 10:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's funny is that NOT ONE PERSON mentioned this.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This morning, huge story hits the airwaves last night, about <u>that little twerp who EDITED his hidden camera, BS attack against ACORN, posing as a pimp. Last night the story breaks that he, with a group of thugs, invaded the Federal Office of Lousiana Senator Landrieu, posing as some sort of telephone employees, to tap her phones, and were caught with a listening device outside in the car.</u>
</div></div>

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/26/james-okeefe-arrested-in-_n_437506.html)

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/136162/thumbs/s-JAMES-OKEEFE-large.jpg

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fourth suspect, Robert Flanagan, 24, was released earlier Tuesday. His father, Bill, is the acting U.S. Attorney based in Shreveport. He was first assistant under Republican President George W. Bush appointee Donald Washington before Washington stepped down this month. President Barack Obama recently nominated Stephanie A. Finley for the post. His father's office declined to comment.

</div></div>

Vitter has blocked this nominee for months!

Shades of Watergate??? I wonder whose money is involved in this little caper. These are serious Federal Charges.

And Republicans want a special resolution to honor this thug! They acted like he was Bob Woodward, and Carl Bernstein all rolled into one! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Too funny! Notice, the non existant "Liberal" media is practically ignoring the whole thing.

Sure wasn't like that when the Acorn BS story broke! It took a Federal Judge, to blow that one away, and restore Acorn's rights. Imagine, if that caper had been organized by a Democrat, who was in bed with RW "Think tanks" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Funny, how the right has all these "Think Tanks" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif