PDA

View Full Version : Did Obama really say that?????????

pooltchr
01-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Did I hear right last night? Did Barry actually say that we need to develop more offshore drilling for gas and oil, and to build more clean nuclear power plants????????

MORE OFFSHORE DRILLING???????????

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Drill, Baby, Drill!!!</span>

Was Sarah actually correct??????????

Steve

llotter
01-28-2010, 02:24 PM
I think he was just leading into the Cap and Trade garbage that is the next chapter in disaster he is leading.

pooltchr
01-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Yeah, he did manage to slip that in there. If he thinks there was resistance to Obummercare, wait until this one hits the forefront of the news!

Steve

Deeman3
01-28-2010, 03:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did I hear right last night? Did Barry actually say that we need to develop more offshore drilling for gas and oil, and to build more clean nuclear power plants????????

MORE OFFSHORE DRILLING???????????

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Drill, Baby, Drill!!!</span>

Was Sarah actually correct??????????

Steve </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Hey, Drilling, Atomic Power, more troops to extend Afghanistan, open season on the terrorists (as long as they are running around on sand), keeping Gitmo a warm place and first thing you know, he'll be on our side and WE will be defending him. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

LWW
01-28-2010, 06:13 PM
What Barry desperately needs is an economic expansion ... and cheap energy works as good as anything.

The amazing thing is that in our cirrent condition the only POTUS who could actually get offshore drilling ramped up is a moonbat leftist because the tree huggers will give him a pass on it.

LWW

pooltchr
01-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Seems the strongest supporters of the leftist agenda are conspicuously absent from this particular discussion.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Steve

LWW
01-29-2010, 06:52 AM
They are waiting for talking points to be released.

How can they explain what they believe until they are told what they believe?

LWW

Qtec
01-29-2010, 07:40 AM
Did he?

Got a link or should we all have to fact check your claims?

Normally, when you make a claim you provide a link.

Q.......

Qtec
01-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Yesterday, Karl Rove confessed that Bush lied about the Iraq war.

Q

pooltchr
01-29-2010, 08:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did he?

Q....... </div></div>

I'm not going to give you a link to the text of the SOTU address. If you can't find it on your own, you aren't worth my time. Most informed people watched or listened to the speach and heard what he said. Sorry you missed it, but if you don't kinow what we are talking about, you would probably be better off not posting to the discussion.

Steve

Qtec
01-29-2010, 02:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did he?

Q....... </div></div>

I'm not going to give you a link to the text of the SOTU address. If you can't find it on your own, you aren't worth my time. Most informed people watched or listened to the speach and heard what he said. Sorry you missed it, but if you don't kinow what we are talking about, you would probably be better off not posting to the discussion.

Steve </div></div>

LOL.

So you can't even back up tour baseless claim and I am the idiot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not going to give you a link to the text of the SOTU address. </div></div>

I already have that link, do you? It would make things easier FOR EVERY BODY if you could just post the text that supports your argument, if you can.

BTW, I think you will find that the bill you are talking about is a Bush bill.

This is you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Giuliani falsely claims Obama never said "war" in State of the Union
January 28, 2010 11:43 am ET 41 Comments
<span style="color: #990000"> Steve claims..........</span>
In a Fox & Friends appearance, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani falsely claimed that President Obama "didn't mention the word 'war' " in his State of the Union address. In fact, Obama made at least seven mentions of the word "war," including calling for the U.S. military to "have the resources they need in war," adding that "we all have a responsibility to support them when they come home." </div></div>

link (http://mediamatters.org/research/201001280034)

Just saying something doean't make it to be true.

Q

pooltchr
01-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Q. You're getting boring.

That means building a new generation of safe, clean nuclear power plants in this country. It means making tough decisions about opening new offshore areas for oil and gas development. It means continued investment in advanced biofuels and clean coal technologies.

Steve

hondo
01-30-2010, 03:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did he?

Q....... </div></div>

LWW has become his mentor. So sad.

pooltchr
01-30-2010, 05:09 PM
The above quote is straight out of the SOTU address. You are moving from boring to anoying.

Why do you guys have to deflect from the actual topic and play these silly little games? With something as widely covered as the SOTU address, why would you need a link?

I know you are used to being spoon fed everything, but that only comes from your side. If you want to keep up with our side, you need to pay attention, and do a little research on your own. However, you should know that actually studying some of these issues could result in developing a more conservative point of view!

Steve

hondo
01-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Why on earth would I want to keep up with your side?

The neo-cons prey on people's fears using false
patriotism and a bogus religious stance to con the masses.

No thanks. I'll pass.

pooltchr
01-30-2010, 08:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why on earth would I want to keep up with your side?

The neo-cons prey on people's fears using false
patriotism and a bogus religious stance to con the masses.

No thanks. I'll pass. </div></div>

And that explains why you would need a link to the content of the SOTU address?????????

Steve

sack316
01-30-2010, 09:38 PM
just to make it easier on everyone:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But to create more of these clean energy jobs, we need more production, more efficiency, more incentives. That means building a new generation of safe, clean nuclear power plants in this country. It means making tough decisions about opening new offshore areas for oil and gas development. </div></div>

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/State_of_...tory?id=9678572 (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/State_of_the_Union/state-of-the-union-2010-president-obama-speech-transcript/story?id=9678572)

Page 2, second paragraph up from the fold (the related stories banner in the middle).

Sack

LWW
01-31-2010, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The above quote is straight out of the SOTU address. You are moving from boring to anoying.

Why do you guys have to deflect from the actual topic and play these silly little games? With something as widely covered as the SOTU address, why would you need a link?

I know you are used to being spoon fed everything, but that only comes from your side. If you want to keep up with our side, you need to pay attention, and do a little research on your own. However, you should know that actually studying some of these issues could result in developing a more conservative point of view!

Steve </div></div>

You assume that they would watch/read the speech and then think.

What they do is sit it a wide eyed amazement not unlike the crowds Leni Riefenstahl showcased in her 1930's epic "TRIUMPH OF THE WILL" and then wait for the party to explain to them what dearest leader really said and what they think of it.

Actual references to what was actually said makes them recoil in horror as they are completely, and solely, enamored of what the party tells them today has happened.

If/when the party gives them a different history of events ... they will believe the new history without question.

I have read "1984" at least 10 times, and I never thought of it as anything but a dystopian novel until the election of Clinton.

LWW

hondo
01-31-2010, 07:46 AM
Show me one post where I say that?
That was Q, not me.

Don't tell me you were home-schooled like your
buddies Lotter and Dub?!?!?!

hondo
01-31-2010, 08:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The above quote is straight out of the SOTU address. You are moving from boring to anoying.

Steve </div></div>

I have read the Cliffnotes to "1984" at least 10 times, and I never thought of it as anything but a dystopian novel until the election of Bush.

LWW </div></div>

Fixed that for you, buddy.

LWW
01-31-2010, 09:10 AM
Don't hate me because I know the source material better than a self proclaimed English teacher of the year.

LWW

pooltchr
01-31-2010, 09:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Show me one post where I say that?
That was Q, not me.

<span style="color: #FF0000">My mistake. Soorry. </span>

buddies Lotter and Dub?!?!?! </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Why do you find it necessary to take an otherwise reasonable post, and then drag it down with a childish innsult? You been reading too many of Wolfie's posts?
Like I said before, the view is much better from the high road.
Steve </span>

hondo
01-31-2010, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't hate me because I know the source material better than a self proclaimed English teacher of the year.

LWW </div></div>

I don't hate you at all.
We had a little test one time and it was clear that you never actually read the book at all.

It's actully been a couple of years since I've read the book but I know it pretty well.

How about a little contest, blowhard?

Let's get on shout box.
We won't hold each other to a lot of names.
Just implications. Cause and effects. Passages that you would only understand if you had read the book in its entirety?

What say you?

hondo
01-31-2010, 10:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Show me one post where I say that?
That was Q, not me.

<span style="color: #FF0000">My mistake. Soorry. </span>

buddies Lotter and Dub?!?!?! </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Why do you find it necessary to take an otherwise reasonable post, and then drag it down with a childish innsult? You been reading too many of Wolfie's posts?
Like I said before, the view is much better from the high road.
Steve </span> </div></div>

Fair enough. Just be honest.
You constantly imply something and then when I defend myself,
you swear that's not what you meant and implore me to take the high road.
Dub's been doing that crap for years, thus, the comparison.

LWW
01-31-2010, 01:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't hate me because I know the source material better than a self proclaimed English teacher of the year.

LWW </div></div>

I don't hate you at all.
We had a little test one time and it was clear that you never actually read the book at all.

It's actully been a couple of years since I've read the book but I know it pretty well.

Let's get on shout box.
Just implications. Cause and effects. Passages that you would only understand if you had read the book in its entirety?

What say you? </div></div>

I say you either won't do it, or you'll run to Cliff's Notes yourself.

You my friend could be an orator for the "TWO MINUTES HATE" ... but the character I think would best fit you is O'Brien.

LWW

hondo
01-31-2010, 02:12 PM
If we're on Shoutbox, how could we run to Cliffnotes
if we respnd immediately.
Plus, I plan on asking you questions that aren't so easily found on Cliffnotes.

Once again, I expose you for the phony you are. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I knew you'd be a chickensh*t.

Now, shut up about 1984. You've never read the book;you don't understand it. Do the right thing for once in your forum life.

hondo
01-31-2010, 02:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't hate me because I know the source material better than a self proclaimed English teacher of the year.

LWW </div></div>

I don't hate you at all.

Let's get on shout box.

You my friend could be an orator for the "TWO MINUTES HATE" ... but the character I think would best fit you is O'Brien.

LWW </div></div>

Why do I remind you of O'Brien? I'm anxious to hear your answer.

The character you remind me of is Parsons.
Why do you think I think that?

You're in over your head, suckah.

Maybe if you just crawl back to AZ these challenges will go away and I'll forget about them.

But, once again, you're exposed. LMFAO!

hondo
01-31-2010, 02:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If we're on Shoutbox, how could we run to Cliffnotes
if we respnd immediately.
Plus, I plan on asking you questions that aren't so easily found on Cliffnotes.

Once again, I expose you for the phony you are. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I knew you'd be a chickensh*t.

Now, shut up about 1984. You've never read the book;you don't understand it. Do the right thing for once in your forum life. </div></div>

I'm on shoutbox. Still waiting.
Put up or shut up.

hondo
01-31-2010, 02:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't hate me because I know the source material better than a self proclaimed English teacher of the year.

LWW </div></div>

I don't hate you at all.

Let's get on shout box.

LWW </div></div>

OOPSY! Wrong again. I'm waiting.

LWW
01-31-2010, 02:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do I remind you of O'Brien? I'm anxious to hear your answer.

The character you remind me of is Parsons.
Why do you think I think that?</div></div>

You remind me of O'Brien because you are a simple tool of the state who will work to deceive someone that you are in disagreement with the state's tyranny just so you could turn on them and suck up to Big Bobo to curry favor.

Your sustenance is derived by being obedient to the state, and you will believe anything it tells you because of it. You have no compassion for your fellow human ... you demand of others what you could never live up to yourself and you do it with the smug arrogance of a petty bureaucrat drunk from a millililter of power.

You say I remind you of Parsons because Parsons was a sniveling tool of the state who was several rungs below O'Brien. Your gross overestimation of your self assumed superiority makes you see everyone else as being several rungs beneath you ... and you know that I have read the book and feel that I will be insulted by such an analogy.

Unfortunately for you, I do not respond to such petty peer pressures and that resistance has been the source of much of our friction.

I see my self worth through the accumulation of my deeds, both good and bad ... OTOH you desperately crave the approval of the collective.

I am the very embodiment of Emmanuel Goldstein and Winston Smith to you ... and you hate it.

What waits for you in "ROOM 101" is truth.

LWW

hondo
01-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Well, you got the Parsons part right.
It's clear you never understood O'Brien.

hondo
01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
And what waits for you in 101 is honesty and integrity.
I imagine you would be very scared.

LWW
01-31-2010, 02:51 PM
What waits for me in room 101 is people like you running the country.

LWW

hondo
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Ran from shoutbox, I see.

hondo
01-31-2010, 03:07 PM
You don't even know who Goldstien is, do you?
I can't get any easier than that.

LWW
01-31-2010, 03:13 PM
"Oranges and Lemons"
Say the bells of St. Clements

"I owe you five farthings"
Say the bells of St. Martin's

"When will you pay me?"
Say the bells of Old Bailey

"When I grow rich"
Say the bells of Shoreditch

"So you know the last line?"

"Yes."

"Here comes a candle to light you to bed.
Here comes a chopper to chop off your head!"

"You are the dead."

LWW

hondo
01-31-2010, 03:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Oranges and Lemons"
Say the bells of St. Clements

"I owe you five farthings"
Say the bells of St. Martin's

"When will you pay me?"
Say the bells of Old Bailey

"When I grow rich"
Say the bells of Shoreditch

"So you know the last line?"

"Yes."

"Here comes a candle to light you to bed.
Here comes a chopper to chop off your head!"

"You are the dead."

LWW </div></div>

So who gave him the final line to the song?

LWW
01-31-2010, 05:10 PM
The voice from the telescreen Mr O'Brien ... presumeably that of Harrington, the shop owner who rented the love palace to Julia and Winston.

LWW

hondo
01-31-2010, 09:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The voice from the telescreen Mr O'Brien ... presumeably that of Harrington, the shop owner who rented the love palace to Julia and Winston.

LWW </div></div>

1. The guy's name was Charrington, who was not O'Brien.
2. It was O'Brien who gave him the final line, but it was at O'Brien's home.

So, were you able to google the two reasons why Winston considered his torturer his friend?

I'll tell you tomorrow if you can't find it on the Net.

LWW
01-31-2010, 11:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The voice from the telescreen Mr O'Brien ... presumeably that of Harrington, the shop owner who rented the love palace to Julia and Winston.

LWW </div></div>

1. The guy's name was Charrington, who was not O'Brien.
2. It was O'Brien who gave him the final line, but it was at O'Brien's home.

So, were you able to google the two reasons why Winston considered his torturer his friend?

I'll tell you tomorrow if you can't find it on the Net. </div></div>

Oh please.

First, the O'Brien reference was to you O'Brien. For a claimed English teacher of the year you seem to have problems understanding sentence structure.

Second ... O'Brien gave what Winston at that time believed to be the final line.

The actual final line was revealed at the time of arrest in the upstairs apartment he rented from Charrington (I did misremember the name perhaps.) from the telescreen.

Here's a suggestion ... go down to the nearest public library from you, can't be more than 75 miles I wouldn't think, and check the book out and actually read it.

The 1954 DVD version from the BBC doesn't count as "reading" it. Neither does the 1956 US TV version. Neither does the 1984 film version ... and of course Cliffs Notes doesn't count.

Your pathetic attempt to impress one with your literary genius is yet another epic failure.

I knew it would end up like this as soon as you asked the same stupid question about Parsons and the stopped up sink that you asked 2 years ago the last time you had your ears pinned back on this.

That repeating of the same question leads me to believe that you remember a scene from a movie pr something you overheard some literate people discuss once.

Now, go brag some more about you oppress your employee.

LWW

hondo
02-01-2010, 06:29 AM
You are truly making a fool of yourself.

Winston and Julia were invited to O'Brien's house thinking he was a member of the Brotherhood.
A short time before they left, O'Brien told them the other line to the song.

I truly feel sorry for you.

Qtec
02-01-2010, 06:31 AM
Yes you did but its nothing new.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> CONGRESSWOMAN CAPITO: Thank you, Mr. President, for joining us here today. As you said in the State of the Union address on Wednesday, jobs and the economy are number one. And I think everyone in this room, certainly I, agree with you on that.

I represent the state of West Virginia. We're resource-rich. We have a lot of coal and a lot of natural gas. But our -- my miners and the folks who are working and those who are unemployed are very concerned about some of your policies in these areas: cap and trade, an aggressive EPA, and the looming prospect of higher taxes. In our minds, these are job-killing policies. So I'm asking you if you would be willing to re-look at some of these policies, with a high unemployment and the unsure economy that we have now, to assure West Virginians that you're listening.

THE PRESIDENT: Look, I listen all the time, including to your governor, who's somebody who I enjoyed working with a lot before the campaign and now that I'm President. And I know that West Virginia struggles with unemployment, and I know how important coal is to West Virginia and a lot of the natural resources there. That's part of the reason why I've said that we need a comprehensive energy policy that sets us up for a long-term future.

For example, nobody has been a bigger promoter of clean coal technology than I am. Testament to that, I ended up being in a whole bunch of advertisements that you guys saw all the time about investing in ways for us to burn coal more cleanly.

I've said that I'm a promoter of nuclear energy, something that I think over the last three decades has been subject to a lot of partisan wrangling and ideological wrangling. I don't think it makes sense. I think that that has to be part of our energy mix. I've said that I am supportive -- and I said this two nights ago at the State of the Union -- that I am in favor of increased production.

So if you look at the ideas that this caucus has, again with respect to energy, I'm for a lot of what you said you are for. </div></div>

Obama is no lefty. This proves it. In many things he is going against his base and if he keeps this up, they will rebel.

Q

hondo
02-01-2010, 06:32 AM
First, the O'Brien reference was to you O'Brien. For a claimed English teacher of the year you seem to have problems understanding sentence structure.

Second ... O'Brien gave what Winston at that time believed to be the final line.

LMFAO! Those are examoples of proper English structure?

You can't even open your mouth without stepping into shit.

hondo
02-01-2010, 06:37 AM
BTW, Dub, it's obvious that you are clueless as to the answer to my question.

O'Brien was his torturer.
Winston considered him a friend for two reasons:
1. He could talk to O'Brien, have an intelligent conversation with him.
2. O'Brien could take away the pain.

Really, Dub, I understand you not answering.
You wouldn't quickly find the answer. You would have had to have read the book.

hondo
02-01-2010, 06:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't even know who Goldstien is, do you?
I can't get any easier than that. </div></div>

I forgot about this question. You didn't even answer that one.
I can't get any easier.

Go away, loser. I'm done with you.

You have no honor.

Feel free to live in your little fantasy world where you imagine
you're smarter than you actually are and you never lose.

I know better, hoss.

LWW
02-01-2010, 07:08 AM
I am a follower of Emmanuel Goldstein ... and that is why you hate me.

LWW

pooltchr
02-01-2010, 08:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Obama is no lefty. This proves it. In many things he is going against his base and if he keeps this up, they will rebel.

Q </div></div>

You must separate what he says from what he actually does. Obama's actions have been more to the left than any president I can remember, and I've been around for better than half a century.
To contend that Obama isn't a lefty is probably the most extreme case of denial I have ever read on this forum.

Steve

Qtec
02-01-2010, 08:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You must separate what he says from what he actually does. Obama's actions have been more to the left than any president I can remember, </div></div>

Which actions?

Q

pooltchr
02-01-2010, 09:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You must separate what he says from what he actually does. Obama's actions have been more to the left than any president I can remember, </div></div>

Which actions?

Q </div></div>

You must be kidding! Right?

Steve

eg8r
02-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Really? Start with the Healthcare reform they are trying to force down our throats. If that does not work take a look at Cap and Trade. Those are a few biggies and I am sure with your googling expertise you could find some more.

eg8r

hondo
02-01-2010, 02:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a follower of Emmanuel Goldstein ... and that is why you hate me.

LWW </div></div>

You really don't know who Goldstien was, do you?

If you did, you would answer.

hondo
02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
One last comment and I'll let it die. This has been fun.

Let's take a final count.

Dub asked one question. I answered within seconds of seeing it.
1-0 Hondo

I asked who O'Brien was. He didn't get it right. 2-0 Hondo

I asked who Goldstien was. No answer. 3-0 Hondo

I asked who and where the final line of song was given.
He thought O'Brien was Charrington and gave a wrong answer
anyway. 4-0 Hondo

He thought Charrington was named Harrington. 5-0 Hondo.

He didn't know Golden Country. 6-0 Hondo.

He didn't know why Winston considered his torturer his friend. 7-0 Hondo.

And then he waits until I log off for the night and declares himself the winner.

Classic doublethink. Bush and O'Brien would be proud of you.

Have a great day, Orwell. LMFAO.

BTW, for the nth time, I don't hate you.
Jesus says to love all men.

wolfdancer
02-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Now that we have that cleared up......who said the following? :
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The national government will maintain and defend the foundations on
which the power of our nation rests. It will offer strong protection
to Christianity as the very basis of our collective morality. Today
Christians stand at the head of our country. We want to fill our
culture again with the Christian spirit. We want to burn out all the
recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the
press-in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of LIBERAL excess during the past (few) years." </div></div>

hondo
02-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Sarah Palin????

Qtec
02-02-2010, 06:55 AM
LOL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv3pm0veWQI&feature=related)

Q

wolfdancer
02-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Close, but no cigar..... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

LWW
02-03-2010, 12:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Close, but no cigar..... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

You have quite the fascination with Hitler brother wolf.

Why is that?

LWW

Qtec
02-03-2010, 06:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You have quite the fascination with Hitler brother wolf.

LWW</div></div>

.says the guy with this at the end of his posts. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/ONLINE%20ARGUMENTS/WealthSpreaders001.jpg

Check out No4.
Q

eg8r
02-03-2010, 09:12 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

LWW
02-03-2010, 10:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You have quite the fascination with Hitler brother wolf.

LWW</div></div>

.says the guy with this at the end of his posts. http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/ONLINE%20ARGUMENTS/WealthSpreaders001.jpg

Point taken, but my reference is obviously one of disdain for the man and his ideology.

LWW
Check out No4.
Q </div></div>

pooltchr
02-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Just an observation. The original post had to do with Obama agreeing with Palin that we need to explore more offshore drilling. Notice how the discussion has been sidetracked. I guess some people are more interested in flame wars than actually admitting that Obama said that Palin was correct.

Steve

LWW
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
It is simply amazing how they will sacrifice their dignity to deflect any criticism of dearest leader and the party.

As a history student I had always wondered what it must have been like trying to reason with the wild eyed fanatics which Leni Riefenstahl filmed at Nuremburg in 1933.

Now I now.

LWW

hondo
02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
And yet the guy who posted this on this very thread agrees with you in the very next post:

"Oh please.

The actual final line was revealed at the time of arrest in the upstairs apartment he rented from Charrington (I did misremember the name perhaps.) from the telescreen.

Here's a suggestion ... go down to the nearest public library from you, can't be more than 75 miles I wouldn't think, and check the book out and actually read it.

The 1954 DVD version from the BBC doesn't count as "reading" it. Neither does the 1956 US TV version. Neither does the 1984 film version ... and of course Cliffs Notes doesn't count.

Your pathetic attempt to impress one with your literary genius is yet another epic failure.

I knew it would end up like this as soon as you asked the same stupid question about Parsons and the stopped up sink that you asked 2 years ago the last time you had your ears pinned back on this.

That repeating of the same question leads me to believe that you remember a scene from a movie pr something you overheard some literate people discuss once.

Now, go brag some more about you oppress your employee."

LWW

Surely, Steve, you're intelligent enough to see through this guy? You are, aren't you?

hondo
02-03-2010, 01:48 PM
" Now I now."

Perhaps our self-proclaimed "history student"
is also a practioner of Zen? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
02-03-2010, 02:21 PM
In reviewing the thread, it would appear that the 8th and 9th posts were the ones that began to shift attention from the topic. First, someone admits that they didn't hear or comprehend what was said in the SOTU address and demanded a link to what was said. Can you say "Duhhh"?
Then in the next post, it somehow changed to "Bush lied". WTF does that have to do with Obama's comments on offshore drilling? Nothing! So how did it fit into the conversation? It didn't. This is why it's so difficult to have an intelligent conversation around here. As soon as someone doesn't have an relevent comment to make, they revert to talking points to try and deflect the conversation that might put them in an uncomfortable position of having to defend something they know in their heart is wrong.

Deflection seems to be a favorite tool of some posters on here.

Steve

wolfdancer
02-03-2010, 02:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Drill, Baby, Drill!!! </div></div>
Sarah said that to me one night at a Motel 6.
She also was a little afraid of the dark...so I told her....I'd leave the light on for you

LWW
02-03-2010, 02:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"There are things that you can do individually, though, to save energy. Making sure your tires are properly inflated, simple thing. But WE COULD SAVE ALL THE OIL that they're talking about getting off drilling - if everybody was just inflating their tires? And getting regular tune-ups? YOU'D ACTUALLY SAVE JUST AS MUCH."
-Barack Hussein Obama Jr-</div></div>

http://blogs.abcnews.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/04/obama_tire_gauge.jpg

&gt;&gt;&gt;CLICK HERE&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzZNP4tTfV0)

LWW

JohnnyD
02-04-2010, 01:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Drill, Baby, Drill!!! </div></div>
She also was a little afraid of the dark...so I told her....I'd leave the light on for you </div></div> Please keep the language clean brother wolfdancer.Thank you very much.

LWW
02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Drill, Baby, Drill!!! </div></div>
She also was a little afraid of the dark...so I told her....I'd leave the light on for you </div></div> Please keep the language clean brother wolfdancer.Thank you very much. </div></div>

Wolf has fallen back into his sexist misogynist mode again brother JohnnyD.

We should hate the hate but love the hater.

Once he purges it all from his system he will need a support network, and I shall not abandon him.

LWW