PDA

View Full Version : Why the Right hates MediaMatters



Qtec
01-29-2010, 06:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beck falsely claims he never wanted banks to get bailout money </div></div>
link (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201001280070)



Previously:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

BECK: [W]e are in the middle of an all-out financial emergency, and emergencies have a way of really testing people.

In normal times, under normal circumstances, if you tune in to me, you know me as somebody who would tell the federal government exactly where to take their bailout plans and shove it right up their you-know-what. But these are anything but normal times.

I thought about it an awful lot this weekend, and while it takes me -- it takes everything in me to say this, <u>I think the bailout is the right thing do.

The "Real Story" is: The $700 billion that you're hearing about now is not only, I believe, necessary, it is also not nearly enough,</u> and all of the weasels in Washington know it.

</div></div> lnik (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200909210037)

Q

LWW
01-29-2010, 07:27 AM
Yep, you nailed it.

They hate MM because they truncate statements out of context to assign straw arguments.

I don't know if I watched that episode exactly, nut I have seen multiple instances of him mocking those who blindly supported this nonsense. I'm betting that this clip is from one of those.

Here he is opposing it in absolutely no uncertain terms:

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>OH DEAR, NOT THE TRUTH!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi46QBRJrjc&feature=related)</span>

Now, in it's entirety, here he is about 10 days earlier opposing the bailout:

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>OH DEAR, THEY DIDN'T PUT THAT ONE ON THE SPOON FOR YOU DID THEY? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdGs6Yvg6Bk)</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>OH DEAR, THERE'S MORE!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyQ5brOTPn4&feature=related)</span>

So, yes ... that is why conservatives, moderates, and even liberals who are possessed of intelligence and integrity despise Media Matters and their dishonest tactics.

Anything else I can help you figure out?

LWW

Qtec
01-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Are you friggin dumb,deaf and blind?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought about it an awful lot this weekend, and while it takes me -- it takes everything in me to say this, <span style='font-size: 23pt'><u>I think the bailout is the right thing do.</u>
<span style="color: #990000">Do you comprehend the English language? <span style='font-size: 26pt'>"I think the bailout is the right thing do."</span> is pretty clear, don't you?</span>

The "Real Story" is: The $700 billion that you're hearing about now is not only, I believe, necessary, it is also not nearly enough,</span> </div></div>

He was against it , then he was for it and now Obama is POTUS he is against it. The guy says the first thing that comes into his head and you adore him, no matter how many times he contradicts himself.

Q

Gayle in MD
01-29-2010, 09:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beck falsely claims he never wanted banks to get bailout money </div></div>
link (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201001280070)



Previously:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

BECK: [W]e are in the middle of an all-out financial emergency, and emergencies have a way of really testing people.

In normal times, under normal circumstances, if you tune in to me, you know me as somebody who would tell the federal government exactly where to take their bailout plans and shove it right up their you-know-what. But these are anything but normal times.

I thought about it an awful lot this weekend, and while it takes me -- it takes everything in me to say this, <u>I think the bailout is the right thing do.

The "Real Story" is: The $700 billion that you're hearing about now is not only, I believe, necessary, it is also not nearly enough,</u> and all of the weasels in Washington know it.

</div></div> lnik (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200909210037)

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #000066">He's such a LIAR.

G. </span>

LWW
01-29-2010, 11:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you friggin dumb,deaf and blind?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought about it an awful lot this weekend, and while it takes me -- it takes everything in me to say this, <span style='font-size: 23pt'><u>I think the bailout is the right thing do.</u>
<span style="color: #990000">Do you comprehend the English language? <span style='font-size: 26pt'>"I think the bailout is the right thing do."</span> is pretty clear, don't you?</span>

The "Real Story" is: The $700 billion that you're hearing about now is not only, I believe, necessary, it is also not nearly enough,</span> </div></div>

He was against it , then he was for it and now Obama is POTUS he is against it. The guy says the first thing that comes into his head and you adore him, no matter how many times he contradicts himself.

Q </div></div>

Nobody expected that you would reject the spoon and seek knowledge on your own.

You remind me of a zoo animal that is afraid to step out of the cage when freedom is offered ... terrified of life without a master controlling everything.

LWW

Qtec
01-29-2010, 01:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He was against it , then he was for it and now Obama is POTUS he is against it. The guy says the first thing that comes into his head and you adore him, no matter how many times he contradicts himself.

Q </div></div>


I show you proof, you reply with rhetoric.

Everyone sees what you are, a blow hard, all hot air and no substance.
Even when presented with solid proof you are wrong, you ignore it.

Q

eg8r
01-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Good job for media matters in this instance. This is the same thing I did for gayle when she said she did not call Obama a crack junkie. A little search proved her memory wrong.

eg8r

LWW
01-29-2010, 04:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He was against it , then he was for it and now Obama is POTUS he is against it. The guy says the first thing that comes into his head and you adore him, no matter how many times he contradicts himself.

Q </div></div>


I show you proof, you reply with rhetoric.

Everyone sees what you are, a blow hard, all hot air and no substance.
Even when presented with solid proof you are wrong, you ignore it.

Q </div></div>

No rhetoric, links to support what I said.

Why do you fear viewing them?

LWW

Gayle in MD
01-31-2010, 07:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He was against it , then he was for it and now Obama is POTUS he is against it. The guy says the first thing that comes into his head and you adore him, no matter how many times he contradicts himself.

Q </div></div>


I show you proof, you reply with rhetoric.
<span style='font-size: 20pt'>
Everyone sees what you are, a blow hard, all hot air and no substance.
Even when presented with solid proof you are wrong, you ignore it.</span>
Q </div></div>

Describes him, and several other righties on here, perfectly. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif