PDA

View Full Version : Obama V's the GOP.............result just in.

Qtec
02-01-2010, 06:43 AM
The GOP got OWNED! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama Goes To GOP Lions' Den -- And Mauls The Lions

President Obama traveled to a House Republican retreat in Baltimore on Friday and delivered a performance that was at once defiant, substantive and engaging. For roughly an hour and a half, Obama lectured GOP leaders and, in a protracted, nationally-televised question-and-answer session, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>deflected their policy critiques, corrected their misstatements and scolded them for playing petty politics. </span>(Full video and transcript available HERE.)

White House officials told the Huffington Post they were absolutely ecstatic. MSNBC's Luke Russert, who was on the scene in Baltimore, relayed that <span style='font-size: 20pt'>a Republican official and other GOP aides had confided to him that allowing the "cameras to roll like that" was a "mistake."

So effective was the president that Fox News cut away from the broadcast 20 minutes before it ended.</span>

It was the type of performance that Obama's supporters have long demanded and that his own aides have been eager to deliver. The question-and-answer session at the end wasn't initially supposed to be broadcast, but the White House pressured GOP leadership to bring the cameras in. They knew the optics it would generate, a source with knowledge of the planning relayed. Hours before the event began, Republican leaders finally relented.

What resulted was what one Democratic strategist described as "amazing theater" -- certainly for cable news. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Standing on a stage, looking down at his Republican questioners, Obama assumed the role of responsible adult to the GOP children, or, at the very least, of a college professor teaching and lecturing a room full of students.</span> </div></div> link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/29/obama-goes-to-the-gop-lio_n_442331.html)

It was impressive, you have to admit. Its clear the collective brain power of the present GOP doesn't amount to a hill of beans. They got squashed

Q [Could you imagine GW doing the same thing? Or Palin! Hahaha. LOL]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
02-01-2010, 06:59 AM
It was fabulous! The nutty RW BS was blown to smitherines. The President proved how petty and dishonest Republicans have been all along. Brilliance and facts won, exposing petty RW slander, deceit and false bravado!

Best thing I've seen since the Watergate Hearings.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

eg8r
02-01-2010, 12:18 PM
The AP already did a good fact check against Obama's SOTU address and found him wrong in most all cases. So after that, he goes and tries to blast the Reps with the same crap and you believe him again? Do you see how ridiculous do you look?

eg8r

eg8r
02-01-2010, 01:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On Friday of last week, Barack Obama went to Baltimore to address House Republicans at their annual retreat. Obama took the time to scold Republicans for slowing down the implementation of his dreams and schemes. Obama also took the time to tell some blatant lies. Yes, I said it ... lies. Don't believe me? Let's take a look at a few examples.

Utah Congressman Jason Chaffetz points out: "And when you stood up before the American people multiple times and said you would broadcast the health care debates on C-SPAN, you didn't. And I was disappointed, and I think a lot of Americans were disappointed."
Obama's response: "Look, the truth of the matter is that if you look at the health care process -- just over the course of the year -- overwhelmingly the majority of it actually was on C-SPAN, because it was taking place in congressional hearings in which you guys were participating. I mean, how many committees were there that helped to shape this bill? Countless hearings took place."

The Truth: If the "overwhelming majority" of healthcare debates were aired on C-SPAN, why did the CEO of C-SPAN challenge Barack Obama to live up to his promises on the campaign trail? Also ... tell me how I managed to miss that meeting between Obama and his union goon friends where the special deal for unions on taxing Cadillac insurance plans was hashed out. I'm waiting!

Republican Congressman Mike Pence remind the president: "Now, last year about the time you met with us, unemployment was 7.5 percent in this country. Your administration, and your party in Congress, told us that we'd have to borrow more than $700 billion to pay for a so-called stimulus bill. It was a piecemeal list of projects and boutique tax cuts, all of which was -- we were told -- had to be passed or unemployment would go to 8 percent, as your administration said. Well, unemployment is 10 percent now ..."
Obama's response: "But those job losses took place before any stimulus, whether it was the ones that you guys have proposed or the ones that we proposed, could have ever taken into effect. Now, that's just the fact, Mike, and I don't think anybody would dispute that. You could not find an economist who would dispute that."

The Truth: As many as 4.1 million jobs disappeared during Obama's first year in office ... the most job losses in a year since 1940. Facts are really troublesome things.

Georgia Republican Tom Price pointed out to Obama: "You have repeatedly said, most recently at -- at the State of the Union, that Republicans have offered no ideas and no solutions."
Obama's response: "I don't think I said that ... What I said was within the context of health care -- I remember that speech pretty well. It was only two days ago. . . . I said I'd welcome ideas that you might provide. I didn't say that you haven't provided ideas. I said I'd welcome those ideas that you'll provide."

The Truth: During Obama's State of the Union address, he accused the GOP of wanting to maintain the status quo. That means no new ideas. Obama said: "From some on the right, I expect we'll hear a different argument -- that if we just make fewer investments in our people, extend tax cuts including those for the wealthier Americans, eliminate more regulations, maintain the status quo on health care, our deficits will go away. The problem is that's what we did for eight years. (Applause.) That's what helped us into this crisis. It's what helped lead to these deficits. We can't do it again."

Georgia Republican Tom Price points out that members of Obama's administration have said that Republicans have no new ideas or solutions.
The response (thanks to Brenden Buck of Tom Price's office):

At a picnic with labor officials in Cincinnati, Ohio, on Sept. 7, 2009, Obama complained that the critics of health care reform -- he didn't identify them as Republicans, but it was clear he was referring to them -- were not offering their own solutions. He said, "I've got a question for all those folks: What are you going to do? What's your answer? What's your solution? And you know what? They don't have one. Their answer is to do nothing. Their answer is to do nothing."

A White House blog post attacking the Republican health care plan said it offered "no ideas." (The posting appears to have a typo. It reads: "The Republican bill offers new no ideas.")

White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel on April 19, 2009, described the Republicans as "the party of never . . . the party of no new ideas." (He was referring not just to health care, but also to fiscal discipline.)

At a White House briefing April 28, 2009, Press Secretary Robert Gibbs made a very similar comment, saying that, "I think you heard me and others say that you can't just be the party of no or the party of no new ideas."
Another point about this meeting with Republicans. Bush did the same thing with the Democrat caucus .. but Bush keep the meeting off TV. He knew that TV coverage would mean that both the congressmen and the president would play more to the television cameras than to each other. Obama knew this also ... and since he loves to play to the television cameras he went for the broadcast of the entire meeting.

</div></div> eg8r &lt;~~ wonders if any chance the looney left will discuss these specific talking points or will they demand to know the source and shoot the messenger?

pooltchr
02-01-2010, 01:39 PM
The looney left discuss specific points??????

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Qtec
02-02-2010, 06:11 AM
LOL. You call that a fact check? Have you read it? Its an opinion piece.

Ex.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Georgia Republican Tom Price pointed out to Obama: "You have repeatedly said, most recently at -- at the State of the Union, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>that Republicans have offered no ideas and no solutions."</span>
Obama's response: "I don't think I said that ... What I said was within the context of health care -- I remember that speech pretty well. It was only two days ago. . . . I said I'd welcome ideas that you might provide. I didn't say that you haven't provided ideas. I said I'd welcome those ideas that you'll provide."</div></div>

Very easy to prove don't you think? If he said it there must a record of it somewhere on the net? Instead we get,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Truth: During Obama's State of the Union address, he accused the GOP of wanting to maintain the status quo. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>That means no new ideas.</span> </div></div>

Is that a fact or an opinion?

Q

Gayle in MD
02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL. You call that a fact check? Have you read it? Its an opinion piece.

Ex.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Georgia Republican Tom Price pointed out to Obama: "You have repeatedly said, most recently at -- at the State of the Union, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>that Republicans have offered no ideas and no solutions."</span>
Obama's response: "I don't think I said that ... What I said was within the context of health care -- I remember that speech pretty well. It was only two days ago. . . . I said I'd welcome ideas that you might provide. I didn't say that you haven't provided ideas. I said I'd welcome those ideas that you'll provide."</div></div>

Very easy to prove don't you think? If he said it there must a record of it somewhere on the net? Instead we get,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Truth: During Obama's State of the Union address, he accused the GOP of wanting to maintain the status quo. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>That means no new ideas.</span> </div></div>

Q

</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

ah 'hem...does he see how ridiculous he looks? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

eg8r
02-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Why is it hard for you to figure it out? There are plenty of examples of not only Obama saying no new ideas but also the rest of his administration and even the few lefties here on the board.

Good try qtip. At this point you need to actually think instead of being spoon fed.

eg8r

LWW
02-02-2010, 04:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL. You call that a fact check? Have you read it? Its an opinion piece.

Ex.

Q

</div></div>

True. It's a shame your internet doesn't use the google.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I've got a question for all those folks: What are you going to do? What's your answer? What's your solution? And you know what? They don't have one. Their answer is to do nothing. Their answer is to do nothing."
-Barack Hussein Obama Jr-</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I think you heard me and others say that you can't just be the party of no or the party of no new ideas."
-Obama press secretary Robert Gibbs-</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“and when you’re the party of no, when you’re the party of never, when you’re the party of no new ideas”
-Obama Chief of staff Rahm Emmanuel-</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The Republican bill offers new no ideas."
-White House blog-</div></div>

&gt;&gt;&gt; CLICK HERE Q&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/20/us/politics/20cong.html)

&gt;&gt;&gt;NOW CLICK HERE Q&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://messageboards.aol.com/aol/en_us/articles.php?boardId=551411&articleId=392080&func=6&channel=Member+Guided+News&filterRead=false&filterHidden=true&filterUnhidden=false)

&gt;&gt;&gt;NOW CLICK HERE Q&lt;&lt;&lt; (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jan/29/tom-price/price--obama-health-care-no-ideas/)

Links included, this time with instructions ... I understand that whole POINT-CLICK-READ-COMPREHEND sequence confuses you at times.

LWW