PDA

View Full Version : Product Idea-case for transporting shaft only

Wally_in_Cincy
08-17-2002, 10:06 AM
Last time I took a shaft to the poolhall to have it retipped I stuck it in a soft case to avoid damage. The counterman did not want to leave it in the case. He said the tip guy's got a big case he brings with him. So my shaft lies on the back counter of the pro shop for 3 days until the tip guy comes in. I don't like that. Does anybody make a small case for a shaft only? Should I have insisted they leave it in the soft case until the tip guy came in? I think they just didn't want to be responsible for my case until I came back.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-17-2002, 10:35 AM
Good point Wally..
They should take better care of the customer's cues in for repair. I always put them in a safer place when I ran the pro shop.. some things do change.. We need to remind them of this..

Harold Acosta
08-17-2002, 11:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Last time I took a shaft to the poolhall to have it retipped I stuck it in a soft case to avoid damage. The counterman did not want to leave it in the case. He said the tip guy's got a big case he brings with him. So my shaft lies on the back counter of the pro shop for 3 days until the tip guy comes in. I don't like that. Does anybody make a small case for a shaft only? Should I have insisted they leave it in the soft case until the tip guy came in? I think they just didn't want to be responsible for my case until I came back.
<hr></blockquote>

Now that you bring this up, is there any case out there for the bungee jump butt? I hate to put the darn thing in the large pouch of my cue case with all the other things banging against it. Any suggestions out there?

08-18-2002, 07:10 AM
These are all good complaints. I too put my JC butt in the long pouch along with the assorted clutter rolling around in there. Surely there's a neat little sock for it, or would it be underware since it's a butt and not a foot ;-) Sorry, have not had coffee...the humor ain't too good this early. My tip guy(Spidey) is great on handling shafts in transit. The last couple of guys were very loose though, I don't like that! sid

08-18-2002, 07:34 AM
Last time I had to leave a cue at a pool hall I left it in tube like they ship them in. Now I leave them at a repair shop where I know they will be stored properly.

Jerry S.

PQQLK9
08-18-2002, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:
Now that you bring this up, is there any case out there for the bungee jump butt? I hate to put the darn thing in the large pouch of my cue case with all the other things banging against it. Any suggestions out there? <hr></blockquote>

all instoke cases 2x4 and larger have a special slot for Bungee/Lucasi jump butts...

Harold Acosta
08-18-2002, 06:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PQQLK9:</font><hr>
all instoke cases 2x4 and larger have a special slot for Bungee/Lucasi jump butts... <hr></blockquote>

Not my 3x7 Instroke! Maybe the new ones!

Troy
08-18-2002, 06:47 PM
I carry a 3x6 case (Guiseppe) but only 2x4 are used for my cues. This leaves three slots open for customer shafts.

Troy...~~~ Customer Service

PQQLK9
08-18-2002, 09:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr>&gt;

Not my 3x7 Instroke! Maybe the new ones!

<hr></blockquote>
Easy access jump handle compartment.
On all Cowboy, Buffalo and Vinyl Cowboy 2+4, 3+5 and 3+7 sizes there is a convenient side storage compartment for 14" jump handles. Always at hand when you need it and stored protectively when you don't.
http://www.instroke.com/whyinstroke.htm

SPetty
08-19-2002, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Now that you bring this up, is there any case out there for the bungee jump butt? I hate to put the darn thing in the large pouch of my cue case with all the other things banging against it. Any suggestions out there? <hr></blockquote>Hi Harold,

Try the bunjee people - they sell a "Velcro Strap-On Bunjee Butt nylon lined case". Check it out at:
http://www.bunjeejump.com/mall/01_accesories.asp

Costs less for the case than a new bunjee tip!

Harold Acosta
08-20-2002, 03:34 PM
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Easy access jump handle compartment.
On all Cowboy, Buffalo and Vinyl Cowboy 2+4, 3+5 and 3+7 sizes there is a convenient side storage compartment for 14" jump handles. Always at hand when you need it and stored protectively when you don't.
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.instroke.com/whyinstroke.htm>http://www.instroke.com/whyinstroke.htm</a>

<hr></blockquote>

Again, not my Instroke. The only compartment it has is the large pouch.