PDA

View Full Version : What's going on at Inside Pool?

str
02-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi,

I subscribe to all the pool magazines and I sometimes have trouble getting my issues before the END of the month, especially with Inside Pool. As of today, I have not received my Dec., Jan. and Feb. issues of Inside Pool. Since the end of Dec. I have made over a dozen calls to them, leaving half a dozen messages without any replies. Once Accounting answered and said they would relay the message.

Does anyone know what's going on? Are they 'in trouble'? A few months ago I 'early' renewed my subscription (after a long sales talk where they promised better delivery) through 2/2013 and I'm wondering if it's down the tubes. Of course, I'd rather have the magazines than the money, but I don't want to get cheated, either. Does anyone know anything helpful?

Thanks,

Art

bataisbest
02-03-2010, 04:39 PM
I too have had problems with them. They always call me a few months early to re-up my subscription and I always tell them that as soon as I start getting my magazines in a timely manner, then I will consider renewing early. I am cancelling for good in April when my subscription runs out. They are always late and the coverage and content has gotten worse. I will stick with BD instead.

Rich R.
02-03-2010, 09:23 PM
IP magazine has had distribution problems for years. Personally, I never seem to get the phone call to renew my subscription and I miss several issues each time. I have asked why they don't just send post cards like other magazines and I have never received a logical answer.
At this point, I'm totally fed up with them and I'm letting my subscription run out. I can get equal or better information, on a more reliable basis, from BD or P&B magazines.

Soflasnapper
02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Also missing many months of my subscription, although I hadn't thought of it recently. I think their coverage is good, and I enjoy their columnists, so it's too bad they cannot get their act together.