PDA

View Full Version : Talisman Tip Installed

griffith_d
08-17-2002, 03:42 PM
I got my Talisman WB tips I ordered. Tony thru in one Pro H and Pro M,..I ended up installing the Pro M, the one I did not buy.

WOW!! the Talisman Pro is one good tip. I went to Annie O's Custom Cues in Houston to have it installed. She did a great job and I went and tried it out right then.

I could tell the difference with the first shot. The Pro M gripped the CB like sticky fingers on a feather. I got better, more effortless english,.. more control on longer shots.

The Le Pro on there was 2+ years old and did not seem bad, as Annie asked, "what's wrong with this tip?". I said "nothing, I justed want to try a better layered Talisman tip".

Then she said, "Talisman Pro H is the only thing I use". She said that she thinks they are just as good, if not better than Moori,..her being a professional pool player and cue maker, her opinion (like other people on CCB) only cemented my opinion.

I am not pushing her cues, but she make some nice custom cues in a small shop. She also has a CNC machine for certain operations,..she has good supply of a variety of woods. She has a website where you can see her work,..if you want it I can give it to you or I am sure you can find it yourself on the web.

Go Talisman!!

Griff

Troy
08-17-2002, 04:56 PM
I just kinda thought you'd like the Taisman Pro Medium..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_d:</font><hr> I got my Talisman WB tips I ordered. Tony thru in one Pro H and Pro M,..I ended up installing the Pro M, the one I did not buy.

WOW!! the Talisman Pro is one good tip. I went to Annie O's Custom Cues in Houston to have it installed. She did a great job and I went and tried it out right then.

I could tell the difference with the first shot. The Pro M gripped the CB like sticky fingers on a feather. I got better, more effortless english,.. more control on longer shots.

The Le Pro on there was 2+ years old and did not seem bad, as Annie asked, "what's wrong with this tip?". I said "nothing, I justed want to try a better layered Talisman tip".

Then she said, "Talisman Pro H is the only thing I use". She said that she thinks they are just as good, if not better than Moori,..her being a professional pool player and cue maker, her opinion (like other people on CCB) only cemented my opinion.

I am not pushing her cues, but she make some nice custom cues in a small shop. She also has a CNC machine for certain operations,..she has good supply of a variety of woods. She has a website where you can see her work,..if you want it I can give it to you or I am sure you can find it yourself on the web.

Go Talisman!!

Griff <hr></blockquote>

08-17-2002, 06:06 PM
still... nothing can beat a good moori mh.

griffith_d
08-17-2002, 06:34 PM
No cut against Moori, as I will try one on my 314 shaft I get for my Meucci.

Just like anything in life, when you find the glove that fits, you will use it.

08-17-2002, 09:03 PM
And what if the hard tip was the killer? Curious minds have to keep wonderin'...sid~~~put of trying the XH for nearly 3 years, and the...everything changed

griffith_d
08-18-2002, 02:08 PM
Yes, if the Pro M mushrooms to easily I can put on the Pro H.

Griff

08-18-2002, 04:43 PM
Anybody tried using the XH Talisman Pro? I only use Moori MH on my primary shooting cue and a Talisman Pro M on my other cue when I go out to play with my friends. How about the XH Talisman? Pro

Troy
08-18-2002, 05:05 PM
Can't help you on Talisman Pro XH Anon. I have Pro S, M &amp; H in stock and on 3 shafts; the H is plenty hard enough for me.

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Anybody tried using the XH Talisman Pro? I only use Moori MH on my primary shooting cue and a Talisman Pro M on my other cue when I go out to play with my friends. How about the XH Talisman? Pro <hr></blockquote>

TalismanTony
08-18-2002, 08:27 PM
Hi Anon,

The Talisman XH is becoming more popular with players. I have had many reports where it has been installed, primarily on a a break cue and then been used for game play (sometimes by chance) and after that people have been installing them on playing cues. It is a very hard tip but still has the same characteristics of the rest of Talisman tips. It still holds the chalk well and grips the cue ball when english is needed.

I have also developed an "Ultra" hard PRO tip which is being tested locally for break and jump cues. I am sending some samples over to our new US shipping center (All US orders are now sent from here - 3-4 day delivery time)this week and will be looking for some people to do testing for me. I will make a post about this later this week to find volunteers.

Kind regards,

bluewolf
08-19-2002, 11:46 AM
I have a talisman on one of my sceptre cues. this week when i get my other cue fixed, i am getting a moore so i can see what the difference is.

bluewolf

griffith_d
08-19-2002, 12:13 PM
Good, let me know how it plays.

Griff

08-19-2002, 12:29 PM
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::
I have a talisman on one of my sceptre cues. this week when i get my other cue fixed, i am getting a moore so i can see what the difference is.

bluewolf

Please tell us any similarities and differences you notice. And which tip you think holds the chalk better and generally plays better. Price really wouldn't be an issue for me. My tips always last at least a couple years. I wouldn't mind spending a few dollars more for a Moori if it is better than a Tailsman.

08-19-2002, 12:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::

bluewolf

Please tell us any similarities and differences you notice. And which tip you think holds the chalk better and generally plays better. Price really wouldn't be an issue for me. My tips always last at least a couple years. I wouldn't mind spending a few dollars more for a Moori if it is better than a Tailsman. <hr></blockquote>

That last message was from me, Eddie Gorniak from Chicago. I never log out. But somehow I got logged out and didn't know it. Now I'm having trouble logging in.

Eddie G from Chicago

08-19-2002, 12:40 PM

08-19-2002, 02:20 PM
It won't mushroom, nothing at all like single layered tips. There may be one trim but that's all. Funny how these layered tips seem to defy the physics of bulging upon whacking the mass of OBs, but they do hold in well. I imagine that the medium will be a good tip for you if you like the hit...sid

Kato
08-19-2002, 02:26 PM
Moori Med Hard is what I'm playing with now. I love it. I will try Tailsman later, maybe install it on my Predator SLP.

Kato

Troy
08-19-2002, 09:27 PM
Talisman tips are available in two styles --
1. "Pro" - Layered Pigskin in Soft, Medium, Hard or X-Hard and either Domed or Undomed. In the mill are "Ultra Hard" for a Jump/Break cue.
2. "WB" - Layered Water Buffalo in Medium or Hard and either Domed or Undomed.

For more info try www.talismanbilliards.com (http://www.talismanbilliards.com)

I use a Pro S for 1-Pocket and either a Pro M or H for 9-Ball. I have had these tips on my shafts for about 1 year and never "tap" or "pic". They hold chalk very well and do NOT mushroom.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr>
What is a Talisman Pro H? Does this stand for hard. I didn't know there were so many types of Talsiman tips. Moori just has hard, medium, and soft as far as I know. <hr></blockquote>

TalismanTony
08-19-2002, 09:29 PM
[blockquote&gt;

What is a Talisman Pro H? Does this stand for hard. I didn't know there were so many types of Talsiman tips. Moori just has hard, medium, and soft as far as I know. <hr></blockquote>

Our Talisman PRO tips come in Soft, Medium, Hard and Xhard, our Talisman WB range comes in Medium and Hard grades. Generally our tips are considered a little firmer than other brands, so a Talisman PRO Medium is similar to the Moori MH grade. Moori has changed the hardness grading on newer tips. I have seen S (soft) M (medium) MH (Medium-Hard) and Q which someone told me stood for "quick". I wonder why there was a need to re-mark the tips with a different grading system, seems to have caused some confusion. Regarding fake Moori tips, I have heard reports about these for quite some time and have a couple of samples that were sent to me. They are made in china and are of inferior quality but do look similar. If you want to spend the money on Moori do so with a reputable dealer.

Kind regards,

08-21-2002, 10:18 PM
for starters, i am envious of your positive experience with Talisman tips. i made a post here not very long ago of my three in a row poor experiences with talisman tips... because of this i was attacked to a personal level, accused of lying, and worse yet accused of bad grammer:-). my purchase choice, and re-purchase choice, and re-purchase choice was based mostly on information posted here and believe me i would love to find a tip less expensive than Moori. especially a tip better than Moori as has been the opinion of a few regular posters here. to Tony and Ken(if i get the names wrong forgive me please but similar names blend in and this message board is not a huge part of my life). the insults you ascribed were misinformed and just plain wrong. to be sure, i had posted here commonly for awhile and recieved very helpfull suggestions..genuine kindness in fact. i also posted the results of some rather serious important experiments here. results helpful to many. for the rude mean name calling inferred you looked like rude mean people..usually enough so i don't care but i do deserve an apology from both of you ...just peruse my posts before your ill informed attacks and surely that's the only gentlemanly option.
also i am surprised at the lack of posts from the Talisman reps on this board. i'm still kind of upset at my expensive Talisman experiment results. if you are pleased i',m envious but i did not have that experience nor recieved the Talisman Gaurntee(i have invoices from purchase recieved with the tips showing clearly talisman and a local reciept). certainly after my last post i'm not the only person to have a poor experience with these tips(not that they were poor performing tips because i really don't know! they fell apart..) at this point if they are indeed good it seems i'll never know.
best regards,
^v^

P.S. Ken and Tony before you insulted me perhaps you should have looked at my previous posts. funny that you corrected my grammer and pretended to not understand what i wrote:-) silly too. had you perused my post right before the one oyu attacked you would have known i had a new keyboard that was differant..enough that other regular posters here wrote of the diffculty in adjusting to. i didn't feel like adjustin

griffith_d
08-22-2002, 06:20 AM
Wow! What a post. I am sorry you had such an experience.

The tip de-laminating might have been from the installation process, i.e, heat, cutting, abrasive actions. Being a woodworker (by hobby), I laminate boards together and when I cut them down, if the glueing was not tight enough with the clamps,..de-laminations occur. Believe me, it is a waste of my time and money when it happens. But it still happens after working with wood my whole life.

This occurs for many reason, gaps in the wood, humidity, not enough pressure, bubbles in the glue, temperature,...so, it happens in any "glue up", as it is called.

I am not sure what has taken place on this board that has hurt so badly, but again, I am sorry it took place.

You ought to try one more time, take it to a cuesmith, where they put it on with a lathe and sand and burnish. If not, I hope you are happy with your Moori.

Griff

bluewolf
08-22-2002, 06:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Troy:</font><hr> Talisman tips are available in two styles --
1. "Pro" - Layered Pigskin in Soft, Medium, Hard or X-Hard and either Domed or Undomed. In the mill are "Ultra Hard" for a Jump/Break cue.
2. "WB" - Layered Water Buffalo in Medium or Hard and either Domed or Undomed.

For more info try <a target="_blank" href=http://www.talismanbilliards.com>www.talismanbilliards.com</a>

I use a Pro S for 1-Pocket and either a Pro M or H for 9-Ball. I have had these tips on my shafts for about 1 year and never "tap" or "pic". They hold chalk very well and do NOT mushroom.

Troy

&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: whitewolf:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;
What is a Talisman Pro H? Does this stand for hard. I didn't know there were so many types of Talsiman tips. Moori just has hard, medium, and soft as far as I know. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt; <hr></blockquote>

what is the difference between the pro and the wb? i have the pro soft on my cue.

bluewolf

NH_Steve
08-22-2002, 06:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Troy:</font><hr>

Troy <hr></blockquote> Troy, you favor a Talisman Pro soft for 1P, 'cuz you get a little extra touch with english with that tip? Is that 'cuz you're a mover more than a shooter? Maybe you need one tip for movin' &amp; one for shootin' /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I remember hearing Grady Matthews has a special break cue for 1P -- presumably that was for its special tip.

Anyone else have opinions on best tip for one pocket???

Troy
08-22-2002, 08:47 AM
Blue.., for specifics on the differences please go to www.talismanbilliards.com (http://www.talismanbilliards.com)

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr>
what is the difference between the pro and the wb? i have the pro soft on my cue.
bluewolf <hr></blockquote>

Troy
08-22-2002, 08:51 AM
You 'hit' it Steve... I feel I have more 'touch' with the Pro S, but that doesn't detract from shot making for me in 1-Pocket.

Troy...~~~ It's just a choice thing..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: NH_Steve:</font><hr> Troy, you favor a Talisman Pro soft for 1P, 'cuz you get a little extra touch with english with that tip? Is that 'cuz you're a mover more than a shooter? Maybe you need one tip for movin' &amp; one for shootin' /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I remember hearing Grady Matthews has a special break cue for 1P -- presumably that was for its special tip.

Anyone else have opinions on best tip for one pocket??? <hr></blockquote>

NH_Steve
08-22-2002, 02:37 PM
Well it sounds like I gotta try one of those...
Thanks

TalismanTony
08-22-2002, 08:59 PM
redwinebird.

Let's set the record straight here. I have never insulted you!! I asked you why you got so emotional and dumped on me and my products publically before contacting me with your problems. My point was that I am very easy to contact, probably the easiest cue tip manufacturer on the planet to get hold of (I check email 7 days a week) and that my products are fully guaranteed. You still have not contacted me to discuss any problems you have had, and here you are whinning again in public. WHY IS THAT??

My email address is tony@talismanbilliards.com , why don't you drop me a line, explain the problems you had with the tips, give me a few details of installation (the usual cause of tip separation) and I will send you replacement tips free of charge?

I believe that before you put people and their products down you should give them a FAIR chance to respond to your problem. This should be done privately first, if that does not get you satisfaction, then by all means shout from the rooftops.

I am afraid you will not get an apology from me on my conduct on this board, for I have nothing to apologise for. I take customer service extemely seriously and I have never had anybody else say one bad word about the way I handle my customers.

I do though want to apologise for your bad experience with my products and the frustration it has caused, I want 100% customer satisfaction and you are obviously not satisfied.

So, you have tried hurting my business in public and you are still frustrated and angry, why don't you do what you should of done to begin with and contact me? I assure you this method of dealing with this problem will get you much better results.

I would like to convert you to a Talisman customer and see you 100% happy with your purchase, why don't you give me that chance?

Kind regards,

SpiderMan
08-22-2002, 09:53 PM
Today I delivered a break cue with freshly-installed WB-H to Sid Vicious. After my experience with the WB-M being too hard (compared with a triangle) for play on my Jacoby, he decided he wanted to try one on his hammer.

As I type, he's playing "cheap sets" at Click's anniversary party. I guess I'll hear about it if he doesn't snap any nines.

SpiderMan

MikeM
08-22-2002, 11:57 PM
Ever since I put a Talisman Hard WB on my break cue my breaks have improved dramatically. I love it!

MM

bluewolf
08-23-2002, 09:57 AM
great post tony. you sure sold me!

bluewolf

Sid_Vicious
08-23-2002, 01:25 PM
Spiderman...The hard Talisman layered WB tip you put on my Falcon(used for breaking &amp; also a darn good play stick) is a winner! As you know I am again trying an even harder tip than the XH Pro by using the WB "H" tip and so far in the one outting I've had it has added real spice to the stroke. Look for me to have you install the WB "H" Tony sent me this week onto my Woodsworth. If the tip picks up the way the Woodsworth plays anything like the early indication were on the Falcon...this will be a premium move up(IMO.) sid~~~realizes hard tips aren't for everyone