PDA

View Full Version : 12:15 Saturday Afternoon, Blizzard Report

Gayle in MD
02-06-2010, 11:46 AM
OMG!!! It is absolutely beautiful here. My view of the Creek looks like a painting. the views from my windows are truly fantasy like.

Friday night and last night, the trees were silver all over, and illuminated by our flood lights, they sparkled and glittered like a wonderland.

The woods look like decorated Christmas trees, since my bird feeders draw in so many colorful birds, it reminds you of colored balls on Christmas trees.

I have had the flood lights on all night, and played recordings of my own renditions of my favorite Chopin' Nocturnes, Preludes and Waltzes, something which I seldom take the time to enjoy.

We've been munching on a huge pot of my Beef Burgandy Stew, my best fudge, and also bread pudding, with nuts and raisns, hot rum sauce, with fresh whipped cream, Yum! Screw the calories. This is an event.

I know that many people hate the snow, and I hope everyone will be safe, but I have loved watching the snow fall since I was a toddler, and love it just as much now, as always.

I experience it as a thrilling event, one to celebrate and enjoy, and I could never live anywhere which does not offer all of the seasons, as I do love each one of them, and luckily, I live in an area which deals very well with snow storms.

Easy to love it, since I have not lost my electric, or my cable, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif and I am warm and cozy, and don't have to worry about going out anywhere, nor do my loved ones.

It will snow all day, and part way through the evening hours. As long as I don't lose my electric, or my cable, I'll be enjoying every moment of it. Must be near two feet out there, and still more to come.

In the morning the sun will be shining, and the woods will be lovely, as so much of the snow has stuck to the trees, and when the sun comes out, everything will be sparkling.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

G.